Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440293 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2021
Kayraph:
@giselle237
Please do you have any tips and tricks for a non-medical professional that one could apply to land a Tier 2 sponsored job in the UK?
I believe it's a little bit challenging applying for such from Nigeria.
Your ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
no sir/ma. I am only conversant with medical and health allied ones
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
@ Sego12345 ok thank you very much i appreciate. author=Sego12345 post=98805409]

Calculate 72 hours backwards to your departure time to know when to take the test.

Likely questions is dependent on the mood of the uk border force officer but most especially be current with covid 19 regulations in your host community.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Thestyleplug:

Please advice

Sometimes I laff at people saying I run my account well, money goes in and out often... UK embassy doesnt wanna see much infow.. That's why people with large inflow find it difficult getting a UK visa and it's more preferable to apply with a Salary account. Even if ur a self employed, set aside a certain amount from your business every month and ensure no other funds drops into the account... Your application is gonna be straight forward.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2021
Noted

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
oladotunfelix2:
Noted
Where are the approved test centres across Nigeria? Is there a link where approved covid -19 test centres could be found?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
giselle237:

I'm a male,12 years of age

Please teach me the strategy for the medical and health allied ones. I can apply it to also work for me.

I've been seeing some jobs opportunity that aligns with my discipline and experience on the NHS portal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
royalmu:
Where are the approved test centres across Nigeria? Is there a link where approved covid -19 test centres could be found?

its on ncdc travel portal website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:41am On Feb 07, 2021
opomulero:

its on ncdc travel portal website
Ok. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:54am On Feb 07, 2021
Thestyleplug:

And That’s the only issue i am having now bro, before applying again. How to write and support irregular flows on the account with documents before applying.

Its not an issue at least you know how to write a cover letter. After introduction prepare a table showing date, deposit, withdrawal and evidence (you have to itemise your evidence in the cover letter, so when scanning it will follow the same sequence).
Hope you have receipt collected and issued to your customers? That will be your itemise evidence.

I will still advice that you run your account for 6 months devoid of irregular transactions and limiting your travel expenses to two months your DI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thestyleplug: 6:50am On Feb 07, 2021
Sego12345:

Its not an issue at least you know how to write a cover letter. After introduction prepare a table showing date, deposit, withdrawal and evidence (you have to itemise your evidence in the cover letter, so when scanning it will follow the same sequence).
Hope you have receipt collected and issued to your customers? That will be your itemise evidence.

I will still advice that you run your account for 6 months devoid of irregular transactions and limiting your travel expenses to two months your DI.

Wow that’s alot. I wish i made that decision of running the account for 6 month since last year now 6 month look kinda far from my eyes.. Do u advice to open a cooperate account and another saving account and be depositing money every months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blurpy: 8:11am On Feb 07, 2021
Do you have info on pharmacists migration please
giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:42am On Feb 07, 2021
Blurpy:
Do you have info on pharmacists migration please
as reported on the living in uk thread

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2021
qhunlay:

I'm a male,12 years of age
Please teach me the strategy for the medical and health allied ones. I can apply it to also work for me.
I've been seeing some jobs opportunity that aligns with my discipline and experience on the NHS portal.
You are 12 years? I dnt get sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2021
There is no need for you applying for Ireland systematically you are ban from Irish also.I applied for Ireland visiting visa I was denied because I didn’t stated it clearly I was denied UK visa 2015,so please stay clear done go there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2021
askari01:

Irish embassy is more crazier than the UK embassy so think twice before wasting money cos they have ur infos automatically .... Your agent has gotten you in a big shit and I am sure alot of people would learn from your case. Did you know some agents cannot even write their names? did you also know some agents wouldnt use Fake Accounts for their personal Visa applications? Did you know 80% of agents has never stepped out of this country? Na facts you hear so oooo.

There is no need for you applying for Ireland systematically you are ban from Irish also.I applied for Ireland visiting visa I was denied because I didn’t stated it clearly I was denied UK visa 2015,so please stay clear done go there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slydog(m): 11:03am On Feb 07, 2021
Guys, need your advice on UK visa.
I'm very conversant with Canadian visa, already in the process, but the with covid-19 I don't think the ppr will come soon, hence I want to find out about getting UK visa to move with my family to work there. My background is PhD in Economics, less than 35. Can do any job there. Pls reply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 11:39am On Feb 07, 2021
Good morning house. I got to UK this morning and wasn't asked any question at POE. When we got to Ethiopia yester day and about boarding a plane to Manchester the Ethiopian immigration authorities said everybody with Nigeria passport should move to one side and sit somewhere. They said that there is a new rule for visitors going to UK and TGAT they want to confirm and get back to us. After a while they came back to us and returned our passports. But they searched our hand luggage thoroughly. Am with my host now. Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2021
Thestyleplug:

Wow that’s alot. I wish i made that decision of running the account for 6 month since last year now 6 month look kinda far from my eyes.. Do u advice to open a cooperate account and another saving account and be depositing money every months.

Yes, open company and savings account and pay your salary on a monthly basis for six months.
Make sure the account is not used for only deposit, run your monthly expenses from the same savings account and make sure you don't spend more than 2 months DI for your travelling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
Omokas2:

These are two different cases. From experience you can't be punished for one offence in different embassies if you are been truthful and you have a water tight application (working on your ties). On the denial letter it will be stated why you are been denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pieaa: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
quote author=graceodini post=98828909]Good morning house. I got to UK this morning and wasn't asked any question at POE. When we got to Ethiopia yester day and about boarding a plane to Manchester the Ethiopian immigration authorities said everybody with Nigeria passport should move to one side and sit somewhere. They said that there is a new rule for visitors going to UK and TGAT they want to confirm and get back to us. After a while they came back to us and returned our passports. But they searched our hand luggage thoroughly. Am with my host now. Thank you all.[/quote]

Wow. You mean no questions at all?. Did you go for a family visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
slydog:
Guys, need your advice on UK visa.
I'm very conversant with Canadian visa, already in the process, but the with covid-19 I don't think the ppr will come soon, hence I want to find out about getting UK visa to move with my family to work there. My background is PhD in Economics, less than 35. Can do any job there. Pls reply.

The two best route is:

Having a sponsor(apply for jobs in the uk) and study route.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sego12345:

These are two different cases. From experience you can't be punished for one offence in different embassies if you are been truthful and you have a water tight application (working on your ties). On the denial letter it will be stated why you are been denied.

That is not true, you can be denied a visa because of your offence in another embassy.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sego12345:

Yes, open company and savings account and pay your salary on a monthly basis for six months.
Make sure the account is not used for only deposit, run your monthly expenses from the same savings account and make sure you don't spend more than 2 months DI for your travelling.

So for many of you giving this sort of advice here...how much will be his salary monthly as a business man with irregular income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
justwise:

That is not true, you can be denied a visa because of your offence in another embassy.

I know someone who left her daughter in the UK with a relative and when next she applied for a visit visa she got a ban because of this she couldn't go to the UK for 10years but she applied to the US embassy and her visa application was successful. She visits the US regularly despite the fact that she was still serving her ban.

I'm not an agent but I can list so many have come in contact with.

You can't know everything, have that at the back of your mind. We keep learning everyday.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2021
justwise:

So for many of you giving this sort of advice here...how much will be his salary monthly as a business man with irregular income?

Thats left for him to decide. Considering his travelling expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
Congrats and thank God for journey mercy. Pls which of the centre did you use for covid test in lagos. Thanks quote author=graceodini post=98828909]Good morning house. I got to UK this morning and wasn't asked any question at POE. When we got to Ethiopia yester day and about boarding a plane to Manchester the Ethiopian immigration authorities said everybody with Nigeria passport should move to one side and sit somewhere. They said that there is a new rule for visitors going to UK and TGAT they want to confirm and get back to us. After a while they came back to us and returned our passports. But they searched our hand luggage thoroughly. Am with my host now. Thank you all.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
For someone to said something categorical, it should stand some sort of rest and reasoning...

You cannot be punished for an offence in another embassy on the basis of knowing one case does not fulfil that test (not empirical) and defies logic.

A criminal offence can bar you in many embassies... And we are talking about close allies here.

To produce a fraudulent document is an offence and a breach of trust that will be investigated by the Irish or USA immigration/embassies...

So just because this person who we do not know the full reason for her ban and she wangled her way to a USA visa, can now deduce that there is no case of double jeopardy? NO!

What sort of watertight ties does this woman have with the USA?

Anyways, applying to go to Ireland so soon after a ban shows desperation that should warrant a denial; what does the person really want abroad so much? And why UK or Ireland?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sego12345:

I know someone who left her daughter in the UK with a relative and when next she applied for a visit visa she got a ban because of this she couldn't go to the UK for 10years but she applied to the US embassy and her visa application was successful. She visits the US regularly despite the fact that she was still serving her ban.

I'm not an agent but I can list so many have come in contact with.

You can't know everything, have that at the back of your mind. We keep learning everyday.

So because you knew one person who got away with it you concluded that the embassy will not punish an applicant for an offence committed in another embassy? Clever

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
On another thread, a poster wanted to find out an alternative Accredited Covid Test Centre for Ibadan based on the review he had read about the only one approved for Ibadan (Medicaid)

The thing is that he only read one single review from a person who claimed he did not get back his result sometime in December 2020; despite repeated emails and calls...
However, this was a mandatory covid test for travellers to Nja and by that time, test centres were perhaps more concerned about reporting back to the government if there was a test or not or if the person is positive...

The test centres are not perfect but that is a Nigerian thing, however, it does not mean Medicaid is not good!

He eventually went there for his test when he could have gone to Lagos if he was so concerned.

Some people like to jump to conclusions too quickly!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Pieaa:
quote author=graceodini post=98828909]Good morning house. I got to UK this morning and wasn't asked any question at POE. When we got to Ethiopia yester day and about boarding a plane to Manchester the Ethiopian immigration authorities said everybody with Nigeria passport should move to one side and sit somewhere. They said that there is a new rule for visitors going to UK and TGAT they want to confirm and get back to us. After a while they came back to us and returned our passports. But they searched our hand luggage thoroughly. Am with my host now. Thank you all.

Wow. You mean no questions at all?. Did you go for a family visit?

Yes no question at all. Am visiting my friend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.