Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450629 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
The end made me laugh!! loool sorry bros
Sanmigbola:

Na so Baba God help me fight village people wey follow me enter flight go UK o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thank you all for your responses...pls I want to ask, Can I use an immigration lawyer or consultant to write them or I should send the email myself?? I'm asking this because I saw it on the refusal letter that I have no right to appeal but what they refused me for is not true atall...

Regarding my agent, I have asked him and he said he didn't tamper with it that he uploaded what I gave to him
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:

Good evening Giselle thanks for ur response. I used an agent but the bank statement used against me is my personal savings account. I collected both statement nd reference myself...The acct num ending is mine...I ll go the bank first thing tomorrow for the statement of acct from date of opening till date and also a letter from them

Where you with the agent when the documents were uploaded ?

You need to question the agent very well before you take any step and there is no way you can retrieve documents sent to the embassy.

I always advice people that its better to be denied than being banned. The process of visa application is as simple as ABC if you take your time to go through this thread. Most of this agents have nothing to lose both on the long and short run.

You can follow the advice already given. I wish you best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sirrotex: 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
You may want to find out from your agent if he actually used the statement of account you gave to him or if he modified or altered this statement in any way. It is after you have satisfied yourself with these answers that I suggest you approach the bank.
Pristinegold:

Good evening Giselle thanks for ur response. I used an agent but the bank statement used against me is my personal savings account. I collected both statement nd reference myself...The acct num ending is mine...I ll go the bank first thing tomorrow for the statement of acct from date of opening till date and also a letter from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
@sanmigbola...it's obvious you are a first time visitor.

Congratulation and welcome back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ivymich: 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Greetings everyone. Please my cousin who's in Uk with visiting visa since last year is heavily pregnant and her fiance who's a Uk citizen, is ready, capable and willing to sponsor her aged mom or preferably her immediate younger sister who's married with kids over to take care of her and her child. Please is that possible and what are their chances? Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ivymich: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
Greetings everyone. Please my cousin who's in Uk with visiting visa since last year is heavily pregnant and her fiance who's a Uk citizen, ready, capable and willing to sponsor her aged mom or preferably her immediate younger sister who's married with kids over to take care of her and her child. Please is that possible and what are their chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ivymich:
Greetings everyone. Please my cousin who's in Uk with visiting visa since last year is heavily pregnant and her fiance who's a Uk citizen, ready, capable and willing to sponsor her aged mom or preferably her immediate younger sister who's married with kids over to take care of her and her child. Please is that possible and what are their chances?

I will advice the aged mom or her immediate younger sister to wait till your cousin regularise her status in the Uk which is after child birth (best approach).

If the fiance decide to invite them(inlaws) because her daughter broke an immigration rule they will be denied till her status is regularised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ivymich:
Zero chances for aged mom and younger sister. Someone has overstayed visit visa and is talking of fiance and inviting mom or sister?? As how?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pristinegold:
Thank you all for your responses...pls I want to ask, Can I use an immigration lawyer or consultant to write them or I should send the email myself?? I'm asking this because I saw it on the refusal letter that I have no right to appeal but what they refused me for is not true atall...

Regarding my agent, I have asked him and he said he didn't tamper with it that he uploaded what I gave to him
U dnt need any immigration lawyer or anything.
Send off ur complaints letter outlining ur point one after the other, the people who did it here didnt use nobody.
Also you sound sure of yourself that nothing was tampered with, kindly go ahead and tender your case now that it is hot... the 10 years ban has already started counting.
People are only asking u several questions because they know how some of these things are with agents and all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Pristinegold:

I honestly don't trust agents, he might have tampered with your statement.
How much is your opening, closing and final balance?

Embassy hardly made mistakes on this kind of situation, they double check and confirm before placing ban.

It will even be very difficult for your agent to open up, tough....

Finally, do you have a Tanzania or maybe any African visa you didn't use?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 12:54am On Feb 04, 2021
giselle237:

U dnt need any immigration lawyer or anything.
Send off ur complaints letter outlining ur point one after the other, the people who did it here didnt use nobody.
Also you sound sure of yourself that nothing was tampered with, kindly go ahead and tender your case now that it is hot... the 10 years ban has already started counting.
People are only asking u several questions because they know how some of these things are with agents and all.
Ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 1:06am On Feb 04, 2021
oluayebenz:

I honestly don't trust agents, he might have tampered with your statement.
How much is your opening, closing and final balance?

Embassy hardly made mistakes on this kind of situation, they double check and confirm before placing ban.

It will even be very difficult for your agent to open up, tough....

Finally, do you have a Tanzania or maybe any African visa you didn't use?

I dont have any African visa.
I have a plan to go to my agent tomorrow for further investigation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DAramis: 3:13am On Feb 04, 2021
Pristinegold:

10 years ban is not something to joke with. I do hope it was an oversight from the UK visa officers (though with their level of training, its percentage of happening being less than 50%)

Gathering your documents yourself (inclusive of your bank statement) shows that, you could have pushed this application yourself without engaging all those agents.

Anyway, do keep us posted with the turn of things. Like has been expressed by others, do verify that the agent didn't manipulate your documents before sending that mail. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluikotun: 6:19am On Feb 04, 2021
I got my visa refusal letter by email finally but I am so disappointed with the reason given for my refusal. It's like the visa officer didn't go through the supporting documents I added with my application form.
Has anyone ever made a complain about their refusal decision to UKVI or home office even after they stated no appeal or adminstrative review?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 7:19am On Feb 04, 2021
please guys, how much does the scanning of document cost if not using the self service scan?

and for anyone who has used it, hope they scan every single document too?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:53am On Feb 04, 2021
Pristinegold:

What was your closing balance when you got your statement from the bank and also, what's your monthly income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2021
oluikotun:
I got my visa refusal letter by email finally but I am so disappointed with the reason given for my refusal. It's like the visa officer didn't go through the supporting documents I added with my application form.
Has anyone ever made a complain about their refusal decision to UKVI or home office even after they stated no appeal or adminstrative review?
Yes ppl make complaints and ask for reconsideration. It’s used here all the time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:52am On Feb 04, 2021
evenda:
please guys, how much does the scanning of document cost if not using the self service scan?
and for anyone who has used it, hope they scan every single document too?
thanks
Approximately 12k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Greetings my people. I need to gist you guys what happened on my recent journey:

On getting to Heathrow on the .... of January, I went to meet the UK border officer to stamp my passport, I never knew London will be on tier 5 lockdown that same day.
Na so questioning start o
1st question : why are you in the UK
Answer: visiting

2nd question : where will you be staying
Answer: with my aunty

3rd question : where is your locator form(I gave it to him).

4th question : do you know that London is on tier 5 lockdown?
Answer : I'm just hearing about that.

5th question: Did you fill her information on your visa application form.
Answer: No, because I just got to know after I got my visa that she is based in the UK through my dad's younger brother and we've lost communication for a long time

6th question: give me her information and telephone number.

7th question : 'asked some personal questions about me based on what I filled on my visa application form' (wrote them down).

Na so the guy collect my passport and return ticket and told me to sit in a mini detention center. When am sure I didn't use any agent and I filled my form myself and most especially I was truthful, I wasn't scared.

He left me there for like 40mins, he came back with another officer and requested for my luggage, we proceeded to look for it after seeing it, Na so searching start o. They only saw some food items and told me to pack my luggage, counted the money with me and returned all my properties back and told me to sign a form that I have collected my properties.

During the period of searching the officer saw my debit card and noticed my name was not arranged very well on the card( middle and first name where not arranged very well), thinking the card is not mine, na so I open my bank app on my phone trying to explain to him that the mistake is from the bank, he collected my phone confirmed my salary payment and also the recent transfer I did to my wife before he was satisfied.

The final stage was to call my aunt to confirm my story, Na so village people start again(my aunt no quick pick call) at last she finally picked the call and confirmed all my story exactly how I told them and also confirmed her status in the UK.

At long last the officer came back to me and was apologizing for the delay, he even offered to show me the way to where I will get a train to my destination.

Though, am back in Nigeria after the holiday but just felt I should let you know my experience.

If you are going for vacation, now is not the best time to go except you want to visit family members which is even risky because the lockdown is still on in the UK.

Assuming I didn't link up with my aunt, I would have been deported straight away because hotels were on lockdown.

Na so Baba God help me fight village people wey follow me enter flight go UK o.

Congratz that you were able to prove yourself at the port of entry but I am afraid you would have to prove yourself beyond reasonable doubts for your renewal.... I wouldnt say it's a mistake for you to have declared that you had someone in the UK when you had already claimed in ur application that you gat no one. You will have to declare during renewal that you've got someone in there cos ur info is already with the UK embassy... They are waiting for your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ivymich: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2021
Sego12345:

I will advice the aged mom or her immediate younger sister to wait till your cousin regularise her status in the Uk which is after child birth (best approach).

If the fiance decide to invite them(inlaws) because her daughter broke an immigration rule they will be denied till her status is regularised.

Ok.... Thanks a lot for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2021
Since I didn't break any immigration rule and am being truthful. It's not going to be difficult to renew. All I need to do, is declare it in my next application. Except I decide to deny her presence in the UK that's when I will be penalized for it.

This is someone I haven't seen for 15 yrs and you can't keep a track of all your extended family to know where they are in the part of the world, even the visa success was what led to the discovery.

@Giselle237 and other gurus...what do you think?

askari01:

Congratz that you were able to prove yourself at the port of entry but I am afraid you would have to prove yourself beyond reasonable doubts for your renewal.... I wouldnt say it's a mistake for you to have declared that you had someone in the UK when you had already claimed in ur application that you gat no one. You will have to declare during renewal that you've got someone in there cos ur info is already with the UK embassy... They are waiting for your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vivien16100: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2021
Good afternoon please I need help how do I apply for a Uk visa and it’s the embassy open for appointment
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2021
askari01:

There is difference between submitting an account collected from the bank without tampering and also submitting an account collected from the bank and reproduced at oluwole for boosting.

Infact I have heard so many cases of fake accounts at the UK embassy but to anyone who is planning to apply for UK Visa with a fake account... YOUR 10YEARS BAN IS READY FOR PICKUP.

Let me give you a clue of how ur account would be verified, The first , middle and last page of ur statement would be scanned to your bank head office for verification together with your passport data page so as to confirm you picture and signature. Some other bankers on here would attest to this.

once the account is confirmed as genuine then there is 90% assurance that ur Visa would be issued.

So therefore fight it if the account is genuine to overturn this 10years ban that has been packaged for you. Delay is dangerous.

Bros, this method has been phased out.

They actually contact the bank to confirm If your statement is genuine and not just your name or datapage as mentioned. They aren’t even bothered about your current balance but authenticity of the statement submitted.

Wana know why? Because According to your method, all folks need to do is to boost a real account name and account number on paper which can be easily done at oluwole.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
oluikotun:

What was the reason for the refusal? Or better still post your refusal letter to get better advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
giselle237:

Approximately 12k.

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluikotun: 1:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
mattfeuter:

What was the reason for the refusal? Or better still post your refusal letter to get better advice.

The reason was that the money reflecting in my account statement is more than my salary after explaining every deposit made into my account by date and with supporting documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluikotun: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
giselle237:

Yes ppl make complaints and ask for reconsideration. It’s used here all the time

To what address can I send my complains to? Can I send a complain letter to the British Embassy in Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
oluikotun:

To what address can I send my complains to? Can I send a complain letter to the British Embassy in Abuja?
Complaints email address. Check this thread for it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
oluikotun:

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
oluikotun:

Post the refusal letter her

Let the house advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.