Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441865 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2021
giselle237:

What do u need to know?
Like, 1. documents i need to hv 1st 2. How do i start? Do i go to d embassy or apply onlin 1st & b given an appointment b4 going dere? 3. Do i need to receive d invitatn letter 1st? 4. Is it family visa or family permit since d person is a british citizen?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igengo: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Thanks for your response. What I meant by new entrant is new immigrant. As in J.JC

giselle237:

U can only pay with dormicilliary cards as all naira mastercards have 100usd cutoff or alternatively book on wakanow or call the british airways lagos abuja office, they will tell you the naira equivalent to pay and where to pay it.
What do you mean as new entrant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by duchess90(f): 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
Igengo:
Good morning to everyone on here. Trust we are doing good. Please I would appreciate if anyone can help me clarify some things here

1. Does British airline accept naira debit Mastercard to book flights if one is going to the UK

2. I heard car insurance is quite expensive in the UK. Please Which of the following licence will give a lower insurance cost? The Nigeria driver's licence? International driver's licence or UK Provisional licence? And also can i have an idea of the costs as well? Can license have some kind of little impact on insurance especially for new entrants, someone mentioned it does but I am not sure.

Thanks as you take your time to enlightene me

To help answer No 2.Are you renting a car or owning one? Have you driven with a left lane system before? That is the opposite of what we drive in Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
Moving4:
Like, 1. documents i need to hv 1st 2. How do i start? Do i go to d embassy or apply onlin 1st & b given an appointment b4 going dere? 3. Do i need to receive d invitatn letter 1st? 4. Is it family visa or family permit since d person is a british citizen?
You should be applying for a standard visitor visa duration of 6 mnths.
What is the purpose or ur travel?
As for documents u can have them all scanned to u as u wont be presenting any physical documents anywhere, all ur documents will be uploaded on the platform.
This is done after form has bn filled, completed, paid for and appointment date chosen.
There is no interview, you only go to the visa partner to submit ur fingerprints and digital passport photo.
U fill the form online, choose appointmnet online, upload ur documents online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
giselle237:

You should be applying for a standard visitor visa duration of 6 mnths.
What is the purpose or ur travel?
As for documents u can have them all scanned to u as u wont be presenting any physical documents anywhere, all ur documents will be uploaded on the platform.
This is done after form has bn filled, completed, paid for and appointment date chosen.
There is no interview, you only go to the visa partner to submit ur fingerprints and digital passport photo.
U fill the form online, choose appointmnet online, upload ur documents online.
actually i want to travel out like many Nigerians & i hv some1 who is a british citizen dat wants to send me invite bt hasn't done it b4. What do u think is d best way to go abt it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2021
Moving4:
actually i want to travel out like many Nigerians & i hv some1 who is a british citizen dat wants to send me invite bt hasn't done it b4. What do u think is d best way to go abt it?
What do you do for a living?
Who will sponsor this travelling out?
Do u know these british citizens? Have u met before? What is the relationship between u and them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheFuckQueen: 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Someone should help respond to this question

TheFuckQueen:
Good Evening Guru in the house..

I need your contribution and clarifications, my wife and my 2 years old son wish to pay my wife sister a visit in the UK.

The sister and her husband are British citizens and have the capacity to accommodate and take care of their needs during the visit.

I the husband on the other hand works with a regional organization and I've exhausted a large chunk of my annual leave, so I won't be going with them. My wife does personal business cash flow to her personal account is not really on the high side. I will be the one funding the travelling expenses, her sister & her husband catering for their needs in UK.

I need your advice on way to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
giselle237:

What do you do for a living?
Who will sponsor this travelling out?
Do u know these british citizens? Have u met before? What is the relationship between u and them
1. Business, tho not registered. 2. Me & him 3. Yes i do bt not much 4. I haven't met him personaly jst phone 5. Dist Relation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
Help oooo. I can’t pay visa fee with my card o, how do I go about it? And please how long do I have my statement of account with me before it’s scanned for submission, so I don’t go back to the bank. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
Ehimeomo:
Help oooo. I can’t pay visa fee with my card o, how do I go about it? And please how long do I have my statement of account with me before it’s scanned for submission, so I don’t go back to the bank. Please help
u can't pay with naira card atall. I paid with a pounds card on Tuesday after trying several naira card ,. Guess u should try download barter and register. U will get a virtual dollar card ., the statement can stay less Dan 2weeks ,(I stand to be corrected ) .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 07, 2021
Ehimeomo:

I think personally i will suggest not greater than 7 days, although i think people have left theirs longer and still had a successful outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Please i am trying to book a ticket on wakanow from the uk for a relative in nigeria. I am trying to pay with my uk debit card but it isn’t going through.(wakanow linked me to a page called flutterwave, but i am unable to make payment with my llyods debit card)

1. Please how can i purchase a ticket on wakanow from the uk

2. Hope they wouldn’t require my mum to present the card she used to book the ticket before ticket can be issued in nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:57am On Mar 07, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Please i am trying to book a ticket on wakanow from the uk for a relative in nigeria. I am trying to pay with my uk debit card but it isn’t going through.(wakanow linked me to a page called flutterwave, but i am unable to make payment with my llyods debit card)
1. Please how can i purchase a ticket on wakanow from the uk
2. Hope they wouldn’t require my mum to present the card she used to book the ticket before ticket can be issued in nigeria?
irene do you have anyone tht can pay with naira card for you? If you are using wakanow? With naira card i dnt think they will ask for the physical card.

Wakanow will send her ticket via email within hours of their receiving the alert. U can also compare prices on travelstart, ethiopian air, travelbeta and jumia before clicking yes just so you could see which is the cheapest and save urself some naira.
If not then, u can try contacting the airlines directly from the Uk or try skyscanner to see if you can purchase it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:05am On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
1. Business, tho not registered. 2. Me & him 3. Yes i do bt not much 4. I haven't met him personaly jst phone 5. Dist Relation
you need to show ties to Nigeria that you are not tryin to run away and that’s the only way.
I dnt think u have good chances with an unregistered business as you will also say you are using your personal account for transactions.
You would end up having multiple credits with unverified source which these ECOs cnt stand.
There needs to be a structure and as well paper evidence this is why I prefer salaried travellers as against registered/unregistered businesses who cnt prove source of funds. At a first go, I feel salaries are easier to trace... by salary i mean transfer...

In essence, UK embassy is not about just travelling out now, you must have a purpose and show strong ties to Nigeria because every visa applicant is a potential overstayer until proven otherwise.

Also pls try to have proofs of your communication. Whatsapp chats, emails, telephone records, build up this portfolio to strengthen ur case.
Go and arrange urself, my easiest way is to have a salaried amount that comes in every month from your business... this is my opinion... this business ofcourse should be registered with clear sources of your money. It shows structure and an economic tie.
It is not enough to have 10 million naira in ur account, they dnt care about that. They want to identify how your money is made and if that money u are making is regular, if its regularity is strong enough to bring u back to Nigeria...
then plus if u have a spouse, children, ?aged sickly parents, properties, assets etc that can further cement yourself to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 7:15am On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:

U can only pay with dormicilliary cards as all naira mastercards have 100usd cutoff or alternatively book on wakanow or call the british airways lagos abuja office, they will tell you the naira equivalent to pay and where to pay it.
What do you mean as new entrant?

Please do you have the British Airways Lagos or Abuja office contact to aedc payment in naira?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:
irene do you have anyone tht can pay with naira card for you? If you are using wakanow? With naira card i dnt think they will ask for the physical card.

Wakanow will send her ticket via email within hours of their receiving the alert. U can also compare prices on travelstart, ethiopian air, travelbeta and jumia before clicking yes just so you could see which is the cheapest and save urself some naira.
If not then, u can try contacting the airlines directly from the Uk or try skyscanner to see if you can purchase it.

Thank u so much Giselle i will do as u hv said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 9:32am On Mar 07, 2021
@giselle237 Thanks i truely appreciate ur response. What if in d invitation letter d person put its statement of Acc dat he can acomodate & take care of me during my stay dere. Also, i saw on d site dt 1 can aply as an adult dependant if d person can proof he can cater 4u. On clickin adult dependant i saw either aply as family visa or family permiu, what's ur take on dese?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:15am On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
@giselle237 Thanks i truely appreciate ur response. What if in d invitation letter d person put its statement of Acc dat he can acomodate & take care of me during my stay dere. Also, i saw on d site dt 1 can aply as an adult dependant if d person can proof he can cater 4u. On clickin adult dependant i saw either aply as family visa or family permiu, what's ur take on dese?
On what basis is he accommodating and taking care of you as an adult? You need to convince them of your personal circumstances in Nigeria first... if there’s nothing to show here you will not be issued any visa.
So if you coming for less than 6 months it will be standard visitor visa.

But then if it is Family visa? and Adult dependent?
That means you are coming to live in the UK for more than 6 months??
Pls read through what you are seeing very well and make sure you are eligible...
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Or

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

The visa costs not same and application not same.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2021
ukay2:

Please do you have the British Airways Lagos or Abuja office contact to aedc payment in naira?
Thanks
https://www.google.com/search?q=british+airways+abuja+contact+number&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ng&client=safari#
Otherwise british airways have their office in Transcorp Hilton and Nnamdi Azikiwe office in Abuja and then MMIA Lagos

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2021
0708 060 1736 british airways

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2021
Nielbaba:
u can't pay with naira card atall. I paid with a pounds card on Tuesday after trying several naira card ,. Guess u should try download barter and register. U will get a virtual dollar card ., the statement can stay less Dan 2weeks ,(I stand to be corrected ) .
so, invariably I should pay with a domiciliary Acct card? Thanks so far, I appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:

On what basis is he accommodating and taking care of you as an adult? You need to convince them of your personal circumstances in Nigeria first... if there’s nothing to show here you will not be issued any visa.

Pls read through what you are seeing very well and make sure you are eligible...

Or

in d family visa i can only aply as an adult dependant while in d standard visitor visa i can stil aply dt i'm goin to meet a family. In ur opinion which wil b beta? Infact sugest which wil b easier 4me please 1st aside d applicatn fee like beta chance of getin aproved quickly & including fee too, both ways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
in d family visa i can only aply as an adult dependant while in d standard visitor visa i can stil aply dt i'm goin to meet a family. In ur opinion which wil b beta? Infact sugest which wil b easier 4me please 1st aside d applicatn fee like beta chance of getin aproved quickly & including fee too, both ways.
Standard visitor visa.
you need to show ties to Nigeria that you are not tryin to run away and that’s the only way.
I dnt think u have good chances with an unregistered business as you will also say you are using your personal account for transactions.
You would end up having multiple credits with unverified source which these ECOs cnt stand.
There needs to be a structure and as well paper evidence this is why I prefer salaried travellers as against registered/unregistered businesses who cnt prove source of funds. At a first go, I feel salaries are easier to trace... by salary i mean transfer...

In essence, UK embassy is not about just travelling out now, you must have a purpose and show strong ties to Nigeria because every visa applicant is a potential overstayer until proven otherwise.

Also pls try to have proofs of your communication. Whatsapp chats, emails, telephone records, build up this portfolio to strengthen ur case.
Go and arrange urself, my easiest way is to have a salaried amount that comes in every month from your business... this is my opinion... this business ofcourse should be registered with clear sources of your money. It shows structure and an economic tie.
It is not enough to have 10 million naira in ur account, they dnt care about that. They want to identify how your money is made and if that money u are making is regular, if its regularity is strong enough to bring u back to Nigeria...
then plus if u have a spouse, children, ?aged sickly parents, properties, assets etc that can further cement yourself to Nigeria.
If you have travel history to certain countries, your chances also increase

Adult dependent on family visa is mostly for elderly relatives who need the people in the UK to look after them, asides this I dnt see how you are eligible for a family visa so pls leave that out sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 11:41am On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:

Or

4d standard visitor visa d aplicatns are done online 1st b4 1 is called for appointment right? I mean i can't jst go 2d embassy if i'm nt invited? Like i need to start d applicatn online b4 goin dere
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:41am On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
u are not an adult dependent. I dnt know why you keep saying this... you are not qualified
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
4d standard visitor visa d aplicatns are done online 1st b4 1 is called for appointment right? I mean i can't jst go 2d embassy if i'm nt invited? Like i need to start d applicatn online b4 goin dere
Everything is done online. U fill form, after fillin form, u pay online, then proceed to choose date to submit ur finger prints and digital photo which they will take, then u upload ur documents online before this day..
all will be sent electronically to your case handler. They will use the documents to decipher if to give you the visa or not. For now like I said, you are yet to convince me that u hve ties to Nigeria... i doubt you will be given the visa, moreso as u cnt even sponsor the trip yourself..
things are not the same again.. work on your ties to Nigeria especially economic ties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:

Everything is done online. U fill form, after fillin form, u pay online, then proceed to choose date to submit ur finger prints and digital photo which they will take, then u upload ur documents online before this day..
all will be sent electronically to your case handler. They will use the documents to decipher if to give you the visa or not. For now like I said, you are yet to convince me that u hve ties to Nigeria... i doubt you will be given the visa, moreso as u cnt even sponsor the trip yourself..
things are not the same again.. work on your ties to Nigeria especially economic ties.
ok thanks, by ties to Nigeria u mean sometin dt wil make dem knw it wil b dificult 4me to leave without comin back like work, registered biznes wit gud returns, etc right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:
https://www.google.com/search?q=british+airways+abuja+contact+number&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ng&client=safari#
Otherwise british airways have their office in Transcorp Hilton and Nnamdi Azikiwe office in Abuja and then MMIA Lagos

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
ok thanks, by ties to Nigeria u mean sometin dt wil make dem knw it wil b dificult 4me to leave without comin back like work, registered biznes wit gud returns, etc right?
Ties include but not limited to good paying job, business or investments, savings, properties, land, assets, spouse, children, aging and/or sick parents, structures in home country etc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
giselle237:

Ties include but not limited to good paying job, business or investments, savings, properties, land, assets, spouse, children, aging and/or sick parents, structures in home country etc
Nah wah o! So 1 cant jst decide 2 travel & stay ova dere even wit ur relatn. Their standards are high o. But wat if my parents, brother or sister can present acc statement dat dey are capable & dey also hv dese investments(houses, lands, etc)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moving4:
Nah wah o! So 1 cant jst decide 2 travel & stay ova dere even wit ur relatn. Their standards are high o. But wat if my parents, brother or sister can present acc statement dat dey are capable & dey also hv dese investments(houses, lands, etc)?
No ur brothers, sisters, parents etc can’t ... if you were less than 18 or so, probably yes or a student yes they could but even if they do, their circumstances will be put aside and yours will be used to judge if you a potential overstayer or not.
The applicant must convince the visa officer that they are coming for the written down/intended purposes and will go back

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.