Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450140 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheFuckQueen: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2021
Thank you for the response.

Firstly, is it possible to use my account as the sponsor?, My wife and Son plan to visit my Wife's sister in UK but she's into personal business and does not have a structured pay which i think might limit her chances of getting the visa.

Secondly, i have a lot of allowances i do get from work which are outside my monthly Salary (will i need to explain this to the ECO) and most of the time i withdraw all my Salary but bulk of my savings are in piggyvest, which i plan to withdraw some when it's time for the visit (is it acceptable).

Thank you. please don't mind my name

giselle237:
this ur name na wa lol
So sorry i was not ignoring you. You didnt ask specific questions so I dnt know what to help with
Read the thread so u could have an idea of how to project a good situation to the ECO and then also have straight questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yomikings(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nobody want to answer my own questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
nbid:

@alert20 Well noted... Thanks for this wonderful explanation...

Do i have an edge using my job/work profile and by registered business?

Also how much is the minimum balance required to maintain on both personal and business account.

Jsut inputting my own suggestion. So you have a business and personal account.

Personal acount- this is where yur salary comes into. This is cool

Business account- can u pay a fixed sum from this account into ur personal account monthly.
Note: 1. ensure this account is in your business name.
2. Ensure yu have yur business reg documents for this business. 3. You wouldn’t need to submit this SOA for this account to the embassy. Only the SOA of the personal account + ur business reg docs+ payslips from ur company +contract/letter of employment will be submitted.

I cant really provide an answer as to minimum bal because there’s no hard or fast rule. It depends on hr circumstances, if yu wud hv a sponsor and most especially yur itineraries for the time you travel. Look through previous post i think theres been advice on something like u dont exceed 2 times ur income or something. I am not sure

Note- just mg own little advice and doesn’t stop u from considering other options/opinions u receive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by xcaliber(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello all,
Please i am new here, just need some answers. I will be travelling to Nigeria from UK (Scotland precisely) by middle of April. I am aware of some of the protocol for travelling from UK but that of Nigeria is not that straightforward. If anyone can tell me what I need to do before getting to Nigeria and what I need to do when I get to Nigeria. If anyone can advise me on best flight to take too, I will really appreciate. Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
I can tell you this much and P.S this is my opinion and what I have personally seen work for some
1. If you are not financially ok, UK is not a country to wake up one day and say u want to visit. More than half of the refusals on this thread and outside this thread is due to financial ties and the reasons are clear. If u dnt have the funds plus or minus other ties to your home country, they dnt want u forcing a holiday.
2. U can put 40k as ur monthly expenses if and only if you will categorically allude to a picture that u dnt get to spend your money because you are single and live with ur parents.
U can provide proofs of accommodation of living with parents etc and as such u get to save as ur parents provide for you. U dnt need to provide financial docs from them for this.
3. Irene has written out how to have funds from ur business and how to portray a stable financial background from there, i second all she has written and wont further buttress on that here.
4. They are not fools, if any of this looks like u are struggling financially u will be denied so pls do not be in a hurry. U can build ur account for one good year plus and paint this picture perfectly and i believe it will be better for u as ur main job is poorly paid.
5. As for account balance, there is no hard and fast rule for acc balance.. they just want to know after u have supposedlg taken out money for holiday how much will remain? Is this remaining amount sufficient for u when u come back to live off? The amount u budget for a trip, the total should be not be more than twice ur monthly disposable income.. if it is more than twice then you can’t afford a holiday and u will be denied.
6. If u scale the finances, the next will be what exactly ties you to Nigeria to make yu come back? When u can answer what exactly will bring u back and convince urself, portray this reflection to the visa officer and make them see why u are not goin to overstay... before ur documents come to them, u are already a potential illegal immigrant until proven otherwise... ur documents should prove this otherwise.
nbid:

Thank you so much for the clarity.. @giselle237
With your supposed calculations if i can takeout the sum of #220k to be paid as salary to myself from the business account that would go a long way... ( Do i have to merge the payment into my *** work salary account) or another seperate account entirely which will serve as my salary account from the business)
However with the total sum of 310k total montly income from the business and my job.
What will be my expenses #80k? (40k from my job & 40k from my business)
Savings #2300k
If i have roughly 1.320k in (220k X 6) business
Job: (50k X 6) 300k
If at the end of this period i have above (1m in my business acct)
Do i stand a chance of a good profile this way...??

Thanks for every support at explanation @giselle237

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
TheFuckQueen:
Thank you for the response.

Firstly, is it possible to use my account as the sponsor?, My wife and Son plan to visit my Wife's sister in UK but she's into personal business and does not have a structured pay which i think might limit her chances of getting the visa.

Secondly, i have a lot of allowances i do get from work which are outside my monthly Salary (will i need to explain this to the ECO) and most of the time i withdraw all my Salary but bulk of my savings are in piggyvest, which i plan to withdraw some when it's time for the visit (is it acceptable).

Thank you. please don't mind my name

Too complicated. Ur wife doesnt have strong finances and wnats u to sponsor the trip which is ok, but yet again you are alluding to the fact that you have some financial weakness this period... if u cnt scale finances u will be denied. If u guys cnt afford it now, push it back till later when ur records are clean and well understood.
These people dnt like complicated stuff, u complicate it, u will be denied.

Wait till when u dnt have so many issues surrounding ur bank account and then apply. Ur wife will need to prove why she will come back, this one she and ur son want to go together.. he is her tie as well to Nigeria, eco will raise eyebrows very well.. her sister can decide to keep her illegally in the UK and she will be ok so why shud they give her the visa? She doesnt have a job to compel her to come back... my guy what are the odds?
As for your allowance, I belive they show company account crediting you? If yes, good
Simply get a letter from managemnt stating that these monies are originating from the company and are ur accruements and all that with proofs. Everythin must hve paper evidence.

U can start now to plan your account as against an application in say 7 to 8 months time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
[quote author=alert20 post=99707798]

If you can convince the Eco why you need to visit the UK frequently, you can go for either 2 or 5yrs visa. ✌️[/quote

Like what can one say in order to get 2 or 5years visa. Though in my previous visit I had to spend my 7days in self isolation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
xcaliber:
Hello all,
Please i am new here, just need some answers. I will be travelling to Nigeria from UK (Scotland precisely) by middle of April. I am aware of some of the protocol for travelling from UK but that of Nigeria is not that straightforward. If anyone can tell me what I need to do before getting to Nigeria and what I need to do when I get to Nigeria. If anyone can advise me on best flight to take too, I will really appreciate. Thanks a lot.

there's a few informative videos on travel2naija that has most of the information you are asking here https://www.youtube.com/c/SassyFunke/videos
ig here https://www.instagram.com/traveltonaija/?hl=en

summary, you need a test before you travel out of uk, isolate in naija i believe & i think a test too in naija (not 100%sure of this one)
am sure some1 who knows it in full details can help you better here

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TechSpot: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2021
Someone I know was recently denied entry into the UK, She was refused entry cos of covid test. The Border police said her Covid result is fake but she argued she did the test so I want to ask if she gets a suspension/exclusion from the UK?

If truly she did the covid test is it advisable she contest the decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 1:17am On Mar 09, 2021
TechSpot:
Someone I know was recently denied entry into the UK, She was refused entry cos of covid test. The Border police said her Covid result is fake but she argued she did the test so I want to ask if she gets a suspension/exclusion from the UK?

didn't she do the test at government approved center ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MarketDispatch: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2021
TechSpot:

If she did covid test, her data will be in the lab used and also NCDC and Government website.

Covid test results are sent to emails of individuals, and /or company medical rep.

She needs to provide evidence in her email to support her contest
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:26am On Mar 09, 2021
graceodini:
Good morning house. Please I need your advice. I got my 6months visit visa last year and went to UK to spend 7days instead of 10days stated in my application form. If I want to reapply can I apply for 2years or 5years. Thanks.

@giselle237 any advice on this please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2021
MarketDispatch:

If she did covid test, her data will be in the lab used and also NCDC and Government website.

Covid test results are sent to emails of individuals, and /or company medical rep.

She needs to provide evidence in her email to support her contest
Please where can the test be done in Benin City?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MarketDispatch: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2021
royalmu:
Please where can the test be done in Benin City?
I don't know but check these Ncdc links below

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=graceodini post=99724200][/quote]

Use same documents you use when applying for the 6months and you are the only one who can convince the Eco why he/she should give you the years of visa you required for ✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Good afternoon, pls do you know any approved lab for covid test in Ikeja Lagos . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
MarketDispatch:

I don't know but check these Ncdc links below
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Good afternoon, pls do you know any approved lab for covid test in Ikeja Lagos . thanks
https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
alert20:

Use same documents you use when applying for the 6months and you are the only one who can convince the Eco why he/she should give you the years of visa you required for ✌️

Okay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Magnifque01: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
[Plama3quote author=Magnifque01 post=99689610]Hello House , kindly assist with the airline with the cheapest and good services. It pains me that I have to go through this. I have initially purchased a ticket through Emirates but cos OG the recent ban of flights coming from Dubai, I have been left with no choice than to source for other options . Please help with suggestions as current flight rate is highhhhhhhh[/quote]
Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2021
Magnifque01:
[Plama3quote author=Magnifque01 post=99689610]Hello House , kindly assist with the airline with the cheapest and good services. It pains me that I have to go through this. I have initially purchased a ticket through Emirates but cos OG the recent ban of flights coming from Dubai, I have been left with no choice than to source for other options . Please help with suggestions as current flight rate is highhhhhhhh
Please help

Try using Skyscanner to search
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2021
Magnifque01:
[Plama3quote author=Magnifque01 post=99689610]Hello House , kindly assist with the airline with the cheapest and good services. It pains me that I have to go through this. I have initially purchased a ticket through Emirates but cos OG the recent ban of flights coming from Dubai, I have been left with no choice than to source for other options . Please help with suggestions as current flight rate is highhhhhhhh
Please help

I used wakanow... i wanted a direct flight but they were too pricey . I saw a transit one (ethopian airline) with about 4h layover. I booked it fr 339,000.
You might get an affordable ticket with ethopian but u layover at addis ababa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ivymich: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2021
Please anyone know of any state where I can get international passport? Was told no booklets in Delta and Edo states. Please it is urgent. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ivymich:
Please anyone know of any state where I can get international passport? Was told no booklets in Delta and Edo states. Please it is urgent. Thanks

Try Lagos or Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ivymich:

Abeokuta in Ogun State should be easy to get
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Good evening house, please can anyone give me list of cheap schools in UK that allows school fees to be paid on installment. Most preferably schools that offer Environmental Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
ObodoNaija:
Good evening house, please can anyone give me list of cheap schools in UK that allows school fees to be paid on installment. Most preferably schools that offer Environmental Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety.

Google search
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
Magnifque01:
Please help
Flight from where to where. When?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ObodoNaija(f): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Google search

Thanks. How do I know if a school accepts installmental payment? I was able to get Manchester Metropolitan University but I dont know if they accept payment in installment. I have checked their site but cant find any about that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Thanks. How do I know if a school accepts installmental payment? I was able to get Manchester Metropolitan University but I dont know if they accept payment in installment. I have checked their site but cant find any about that.

Obodo the student thread will be the best place for your sort of enquiries. You might even find students in the same university you researching about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ObodoNaija(f): 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Obodo the student thread will be the best place for your sort of enquiries. You might even find students in the same university you researching about.

Thanks. I have done that. I actually made a mistake sending it here the first time. I thought it was the UK student visa thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.