Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446788 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Ahhh shdny unfortunately it doesn’t look like you have selected self upload ooo
I kuku did my sister, even my appointment is self service. I'll try opening through a computer and see. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
Update for intending ethopian airline passengers .... Ethiopian airline will be added to the uk red list on Friday.

Flight tickets have been cancelled unfortunately.

Does anyone know if there would be a refund??

I guess in these times the safest options are direct flights.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
opomulero:
Good Morning NL,

MY UK POE EXPERIENCE.

Journey was ok and smooth from lag to addis to heathrow.

we were all lined up observing social distancing @ heathrow at d passport control.

I was asked these question when it reaches our turn

(1) London is on lockdown why coming now?
- this is the most important question n i spent several minutes explaining, she pursed briefly maybe to confirm what i said about my host on her system.
cos i mentioned its bn 10years we've seen our host and and i told her ds is our 2nd visit visa d 1st expired and we dont want this to expire.

some other personal explanations follow.
*one just need to be composed and truthful*

(2) who are you coming to meet in london?

(3) how is dt person related to you?

(4) the job of our host?

(5) are you working in nigeria? - i just said YES

(6) asked my wife only her job in nigeria?

The POE person collected nd scan through:
(1) Pasports
(2) passanger locator form
(3) covid result from nigeria
(4) £210 receipt
(5) return ticket

*cold dey ooooo
Congrats. Return ticket is a must?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Update for intending ethopian airline passengers .... Ethiopian airline will be added to the uk red list on Friday.

Wow. I just pray naija won't join this red list o. If u bought directly from Ethiopia, u should be able to get a refund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
shndy:

Wow. I just pray naija won't join this red list o. If u bought directly from Ethiopia, u should be able to get a refund.

I bought from wakanow actually
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I bought from wakanow actually
Chat them up. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2021
Unfortunately they are not responding positively, as they don't have a decision whether passengers will be refunded or not. Or whether to transfer passengers to another flight. ..
shndy:

Chat them up. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Unfortunately they are not responding positively, as they don't have a decision whether passengers will be refunded or not. Or whether to transfer passengers to another flight. ..

Ikr .... what do u suppose ur next line of action to be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Christabeliciou:

Lol i am in a dilemma .... whilst trying to wait for refund update i m considering booking a direct flight (virgin Atlantic )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
shndy:

Congrats. Return ticket is a must?
u want to go on a standard visitor visa without return ticket? Hmmm if u are asked at the border for it and dnt have it, you will need the special grace of God to be granted entry into UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Lol i am in a dilemma .... whilst trying to wait for refund update i m considering booking a direct flight (virgin Atlantic )
just keep sending wakanow messages. U can also call them or send your family members to them. They have offices in Lagos, Ph, Abuja etc
U will get the true state of things there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
shndy:

HI, please how were you able to upload your docs online?. I chose self service. I've booked an appointment but I didn't get a link on how to upload my documents.
go to your email.
Use a computer.. the email that showed proof that you have paid for your visa application, use the link in that email to sign into your application, from there on you can find your way to the stage that says book biometrics
U should be able to see the platform that has track, upload etc options
Simply click on upload

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
giselle237:
u want to go on a standard visitor visa without return ticket? Hmmm if u are asked at the border for it and dnt have it, you will need the special grace of God to be granted entry into UK
�� na that special grace I need from this moment sef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
giselle237:
go to your email.
Use a computer.. the email that showed proof that you have paid for your visa application, use the link in that email to sign into your application, from there on you can find your way to the stage that says book biometrics
U should be able to see the platform that has track, upload etc options
Simply click on upload
Thank you. I'll use a computer. For the assisted, will the applicant be there when they scan all the docs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
giselle237:
just keep sending wakanow messages. U can also call them or send your family members to them. They have offices in Lagos, Ph, Abuja etc
U will get the true state of things there

Thanks Giselle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
shndy:

Thank you. I'll use a computer. For the assisted, will the applicant be there when they scan all the docs?

yes they will. if you struggle, just go there on your biometrics day with ur card to pay

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
evenda:

yes they will. if you struggle, just go there on your biometrics day with ur card to pay
OK thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
shndy:

�� na that special grace I need from this moment sef
i laugh.. you will be so deported

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by shndy: 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
giselle237:
i laugh.. you will be so deported
grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
Irenenwaka:

na wa o, let see if they can do something to removing them from the red list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good evening everyone,

Have you applied or know anyone that has applied with four months bank statement and got the visa approved?

Or do you know someone that had applied wigh four months statement and the reason for refusal was that the statement wasnt up to six months or so?

Please share your thoughts on using four months bank statement to apply.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 17, 2021
ibukunpops:
Good evening everyone,

Have you applied or know anyone that has applied with four months bank statement and got the visa approved?

Or do you know someone that had applied wigh four months statement and the reason for refusal was that the statement wasnt up to six months or so?

Thank you

My mums bank statement was 4 months... and it was approved

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:40am On Mar 17, 2021
RivuletStream:
Please does one pay for email service when sending email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk ??

Thank you as you kindly respond
Absolutely free.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2021
ibukunpops:
Good evening everyone,

Thank you
Six months is advisable but you can use less than 6 months. My last one I used three and it was issued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2021
Thank you soo much Irene

Congratulations for your mum

btw, did you get a new apartment or used the one you where staying previously?

Irenenwaka:

My mums bank statement was 4 months... and it was approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Hello !
I don’t know if I should be worried or I’m just overreacting .I had my Biometrics done on 12/3/21 for Health and care visa and I paid for priority service ,and from my tracking my application has not progressed unto another stage since 12th which is “Application Transferred to DMC”
Has anyone experienced this ?considering that I paid for priority sad sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 11:52am On Mar 17, 2021
Thank you for the response.

Nchabuomo:

Six months is advisable but you can use less than 6 months. My last one I used three and it was issued

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
ibukunpops:
Thank you soo much Irene

Congratulations for your mum

btw, did you get a new apartment or used the one you where staying previously?

I am in a new place now but as at d time of the application i was still yet to move. So the landlord fully understanding my hubby and i had to amend some clauses on our old tenancy agreement in order to be able to use it successfully
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tmeegal:
Hello !
I don’t know if I should be worried or I’m just overreacting .I had my Biometrics done on 12/3/21 for Health and care visa and I paid for priority service ,and from my tracking my application has not progressed unto another stage since 12th which is “Application Transferred to DMC”
Has anyone experienced this ?considering that I paid for priority sad sad
today is just the start of the 3rd working day... calm down
Give them till end of 5th working day
Decisions are usually aimed between 3 to 5 to 7 working days for priority..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
Please has anyone used lastminute.com to book flights in the past?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
giselle237:
today is just the start of the 3rd working day... calm down
Give them till end of 5th working day
Decisions are usually aimed between 3 to 5 to 7 working days for priority..

Alright , thank you very much �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Please has anyone used lastminute.com to book flights in the past?
could buy directly from british airways.. incase something goes wrong again, you know you are dealing directly with the airline... just avoid the unecessary stress at this point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.