Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447436 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gg4real: 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
Good day my people. Pls anyone with UK embassy's contact where i can send complain to. There was a mistake on lil brother's refusal. The ECO had mistakenly calculated his monthly spending in Ghana's currency and had stated an amount different from what was stated on his form and concluded that the transaction on his bank statement is inaccurate with what he stated on his visa form.

Pls anyone with their complain unit contact should help me.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
I successfully booked the covid departure test with clinix at festac for the 22nd. The lagos state government sent an email with their contact number.

I am trying to contact them to ask them time fr d appointment and to also confirm if they would require any documents but thier number is switched off.

Is it meant to be like a walk in centre, where u can go any time for the test on the date given And does anyone know if they would require any documents?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tmeegal:
Hello !
I don’t know if I should be worried or I’m just overreacting .I had my Biometrics done on 12/3/21 for Health and care visa and I paid for priority service ,and from my tracking my application has not progressed unto another stage since 12th which is “Application Transferred to DMC”
Has anyone experienced this ?considering that I paid for priority sad sad

Bros calm down abeg. Lol... I have people who have been patiently waiting for the return of their passport since November 2020, although refusal mail has been sent to applicant's but the tracking is still showing Application received by DMC �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
gg4real:
Good day my people. Pls anyone with UK embassy's contact where i can send complain to. There was a mistake on lil brother's refusal. The ECO had mistakenly calculated his monthly spending in Ghana's currency and had stated an amount different from what was stated on his form and concluded that the transaction on his bank statement is inaccurate with what he stated on his visa form.

Pls anyone with their complain unit contact should help me.

Thank you.
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenola01: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Good day Guys, I know u guys have explained severally how to make payment for UK visa application . I’m still having issues paying for my application, I used Stanbic Ibtc dollar MasterCard but it’s not working. could someone pls explain what other method could be used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenola01: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ehimeomo:
so, invariably I should pay with a domiciliary Acct card? Thanks so far, I appreciate!

Good day ma, pls could u pls explain how u went about your payment process. I used a dom account, but it didn’t work still
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2021
Irenenwaka:
I successfully booked the covid departure test with clinix at festac for the 22nd. The lagos state government sent an email with their contact number.

I am trying to contact them to ask them time fr d appointment and to also confirm if they would require any documents but thier number is switched off.

Is it meant to be like a walk in centre, where u can go any time for the test on the date given And does anyone know if they would require any documents?

Please anyone has a vital info??

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lexiie(f): 2:54am On Mar 18, 2021
Its Walkin
Irenenwaka:

Please anyone has a vital info??

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Soccer1920: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2021
Good Morning to you all... Justwise, Giselle, Alert and all gurus here ... I hail you all for the good work you guys are doing here.. Kudo to you.

I was a silent unregistered user not until this morning that I needed to make an enquiry... Funny enough , I followed the instructions on here as at when I applied for my UK Visa in 2019 and Visa was granted. Thanks once again.

My enquiry goes thus: I got my UK Visa in April 2019 and travelled in May for 10 days. Proir embarking on my second trip in September, I applied for a visiting Visa to visit my uncle in Trinidad and Tobago and Visa was also granted so I quickly booked a ticket from Nigeria - London- Trinidad. On getting to Trinidad I applied for a ministers permit and it was granted but during the process of applying for permit my return ticket expired and I had the plan to fly through other means. I am still gainfully employed with the company in Nigeria and was working remotely from Trinidad and my monthly salary drops every month into my First bank account .

Unfortunately, Covid 19 lockdown started here in February 2020 and till today there's still flight restrictions, Infact you cannot travel unless the government approves it.

To cut the story short, I wish to visit Nigeria in May 2021.

1. Can I apply for a UK Transit Visa or renew my Visa here in Trinidad so as to ease my stress of connecting flights ? If yes.

2. Can I use my first bank account where my salary drops for the Visa application here in trinidad? or I can just push some money into my Trinidad account here for the application.

3. Can I apply for 2 years Visa from here.

Hoping to hear from you ... Thanks .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2021
Soccer1920:
Good Morning to you all... Justwise, Giselle, Alert and all gurus here ... I hail you all for the good work you guys are doing here.. Kudo to you.

I was a silent unregistered user not until this morning that I needed to make an enquiry... Funny enough , I followed the instructions on here as at when I applied for my UK Visa in 2019 and Visa was granted. Thanks once again.

My enquiry goes thus: I got my UK Visa in April 2019 and travelled in May for 10 days. Proir embarking on my second trip in September, I applied for a visiting Visa to visit my uncle in Trinidad and Tobago and Visa was also granted so I quickly booked a ticket from Nigeria - London- Trinidad. On getting to Trinidad I applied for a ministers permit and it was granted but during the process of applying for permit my return ticket expired and I had the plan to fly through other means. I am still gainfully employed with the company in Nigeria and was working remotely from Trinidad and my monthly salary drops every month into my First bank account .

Unfortunately, Covid 19 lockdown started here in February 2020 and till today there's still flight restrictions, Infact you cannot travel unless the government approves it.
To cut the story short, I wish to visit Nigeria in May 2021.
1. Can I apply for a UK Transit Visa or renew my Visa here in Trinidad so as to ease my stress of connecting flights ? If yes.
2. Can I use my first bank account where my salary drops for the Visa application here in trinidad? or I can just push some money into my Trinidad account here for the application.
3. Can I apply for 2 years Visa from here.
Hoping to hear from you ... Thanks .
so are you legal in Trinidad or not? By legal are u a resident in trinidad?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Soccer1920: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
giselle237:
so are you legal in Trinidad or not? By legal are u a resident in trinidad?

Yes I am legal here, I just renewed my ministers permit here, and I have applied for my residency , awaiting to be called for interview. but I believe with the Ministers permit I am legal here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good evening guys, is it possible for me to sponsor my beloved wife with my 4 months statement of account, putting into consideration that:

1. I have visited the UK and returned back to 9ja in January
2. I want us to visit together in April or May
3. She's unemployed but we have properties in our names as a couple.
4. We won't be going with the kids.

I need answers please. Giselle237 et al.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zarahmum: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Wait till 6month bank statements is completed. That was why we were refused.

ibukunpops:
Good evening everyone,

Have you applied or know anyone that has applied with four months bank statement and got the visa approved?

Or do you know someone that had applied wigh four months statement and the reason for refusal was that the statement wasnt up to six months or so?

Please share your thoughts on using four months bank statement to apply.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Good evening guys, is it possible for me to sponsor my beloved wife with my 4 months statement of account, putting into consideration that:
1. I have visited the UK and returned back to 9ja in January
2. I want us to visit together in April or May
3. She's unemployed but we have properties in our names as a couple.
4. We won't be going with the kids.
I need answers please. Giselle237 et al.
no tourism ongoing for now.
I feel it’s safer if you are going to stay with someone than saying you are goin for tourism or going to stay in a hotel because there is a lockdown ongoing
If u still decide to go apply, then apply separately. I am a bit worried about the unemployment status.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
giselle237:
no tourism ongoing for now.
I feel it’s safer if you are going to stay with someone than saying you are goin for tourism or going to stay in a hotel because there is a lockdown ongoing
If u still decide to go apply, then apply separately. I am a bit worried about the unemployment status.

My visa is still valid till May, so she's the only one applying for now with my 4 months statement of account.

I feel the unemployment status doesn't really matter, since I will be attaching my visa page as her husband and sponsor based on my profile with UKVI.

What do you think ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
Soccer1920:

Yes I am legal here, I just renewed my ministers permit here, and I have applied for my residency , awaiting to be called for interview. but I believe with the Ministers permit I am legal here.
u can apply for 2 years visa. And definetely use any account that is in your name to apply
Just make sure to provide strong paper evidence to back up any claims both for your residency, finances and otherwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sanmigbola:

My visa is still valid till May, so she's the only one applying for now with my 4 months statement of account.
I feel the unemployment status doesn't really matter, since I will be attaching my visa page as her husband and sponsor based on my profile with UKVI.
What do you think ?

It’s 50/50
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
Oh really!!!

Please can you give more details if you don't mind.

Thank you.

[quote author=Zarahmum post=99994488]Wait till 6month bank statements is completed. That was why we were refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 4:45am On Mar 19, 2021
please if you need pounds in exchange for naira to pay for day 2 and day 8 tests let me know..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2021
Oggg:
please if you need pounds in exchange for naira to pay for day 2 and day 8 tests let me know..

I will need but at what rate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2021
Sanmigbola:

What do you think ?

you don't need to flag she is unemployed, she can be presented to run an unregistered retail business that does not require payment into her account for the business transaction. however, you need to submit her account statement (don't mind the balance) to reflect some financial transaction between you as a couple. we can talk more behind the screen (am not an agent)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pasterlo: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good day everyone. Please, I need your advice.
My brother got married (sham) in 2018 to a British national and applied to visit her in February 2019 because he was schooling in another country at the time. He was refused on the ground that he could not explain the inflow of cash in his account and his wife also doesn't have sufficient funds. He was asked not to appeal but can reapply when his circumstances change. Now he has a good job and would want to reapply next year with his real wife ( married in 2016) and they have a 2 years old child together. His wife (real) being the real applicant for the student visa. They want to apply as a family. They intend to get a divorce for the sham marriage and remarry the (real) wife. Are there chances that the visa will be granted?. What should they do? Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by borlarg2: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good pm everyone. Happy weekend to us all and I commend all great efforts in here. Been a member of the house for 10years now if not more. I have been following up in here. So put a friend through on how to go about applying which I think was done perfectly. Work documents{ID card, employment letter, payslip, work leave letter approval}, flight booking, hotel booking, bank statement with a closing balance of #2m plus, landed property contract terms with receipt, personal statement /cover letter, were all submitted. Proposed travel date is April 28 till May 9th. All the bookings done are still valid and active. The refusal letter came to the email just now. Can he still apply again by month end after his march salary comes in? What should he do in addition. Please, I need your comment, review, advice and whatever on the below UK visa refusal reason attached below.
Please help. @giselle237

Thanks.

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
borlarg2:
Good pm everyone. Happy weekend to us all and I commend all great efforts in here. Been a member of the house for 10years now if not more. I have been following up in here. So put a friend through on how to go about applying which I think was done perfectly. Work documents{ID card, employment letter, payslip, work leave letter approval}, flight booking, hotel booking, bank statement with a closing balance of #2m plus, landed property contract terms with receipt, personal statement /cover letter, were all submitted. Proposed travel date is April 28 till May 9th. All the bookings done are still valid and active. The refusal letter came to the email just now. Can he still apply again by month end after his march salary comes in? What should he do in addition. Please, I need your comment, review, advice and whatever on the below UK visa refusal reason attached below.
Please help. @giselle237

Thanks.
how many months statement was submitted? Eco doesnt understand how the money was built up and/or where these funds cane from. so i ask how many months statemnt, what is this person’s salary, what is this person’s disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Pasterlo:
Good day everyone. Please, I need your advice.
My brother got married (sham) in 2018 to a British national and applied to visit her in February 2019 because he was schooling in another country at the time. He was refused on the ground that he could not explain the inflow of cash in his account and his wife also doesn't have sufficient funds. He was asked not to appeal but can reapply when his circumstances change. Now he has a good job and would want to reapply next year with his real wife ( married in 2016) and they have a 2 years old child together. His wife (real) being the real applicant for the student visa. They want to apply as a family. They intend to get a divorce for the sham marriage and remarry the (real) wife. Are there chances that the visa will be granted?. What should they do? Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you
So when does he want to state that he married his real wife given that u said sham marriage was in 2018.. this is supposedly when he was already married.. so in 2018, he technically married someone else meanwhile he was married.
I think ur give away is goin to be the timeline u will present for both marriages cus surely they have the info filled for the sham marriage in their system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
Just for my clarification, the total budget for a tourisn related trip was 380k?

How much will hotel cost for 10days be? Feeding ?Cheapest air ticket can't be less than 260k now.

These days, tourist visa applications should not be encouraged or the ECO will just continue deny one on the most ridiculous reasons known to man!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by borlarg2: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
giselle237:
how many months statement was submitted? Eco doesnt understand how the money was built up and/or where these funds cane from. so i ask how many months statemnt, what is this person’s salary, what is this person’s disposable income

6 months statement, 6 months pay slip, funds from company he works{salary} 381k monthly. Spends atleast 150k from it every month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
iyatrustee:
Just for my clarification, the total budget for a tourisn related trip was 380k?

How much will hotel cost for 10days be? Feeding ?Cheapest air ticket can't be less than 260k now.

These days, tourist visa applications should not be encouraged or the ECO will just continue deny one on the most ridiculous reasons known to man!
Thank you. Like you guys should chill with tourism applications.. corona is very much around in the UK and everywhere is locked up..shops, stores, banks with limited opening times... everything is one kind... which tourism pls?? The ECO will just be using anger to assess your applications. There is no tourism. If you are coming to visit a family member or friend, that’s a different thing altogether.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by borlarg2: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
iyatrustee:

£1750 was the total amount said he would be spending for the trip.. Don't know where they saw 381k.. Coz I just checked the form he sent to me.. The 381k was what he collects as salry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
borlarg2:

6 months statement, 6 months pay slip, funds from company he works{salary} 381k monthly. Spends atleast 150k from it every month.
if disposable income is roughly 220k.. i dnt know why the eco says he doesnt understand the opening balance.. u can keep things off till later in the year and submit 1 year bank statemnt.. however I know these decisions are just frivolous because they also see you people applying for tourism in this time as unserious..

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.