Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442002 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wales1111:
The second test is how much and where will I do that ? And how much is covid 19 test here ?

The 2nd test is to be done in Nigeria 7days after your arrival. Payment is done online and cost N39,500k.

As for the covid test to be done in the UK, I think it is a factor of where it is done, a family member did her's at Heathrow for 330pounds on Saturday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good day full house,
I just arrived London today. Thanks all.
Questions: Why are you here?
Answer: Easter break with my family friend.
Questions: You know there is a serious pandemic now and only for Essential travels. Is your travel essential.
Answer: Yes.
Question: I don't think this is an essential travel.
Answer: It is to me because this is the only opportunity I have from work for the Easter break as I dont want the visa to expire.
Question: Your first time
Answer: Yes
Passport stamped

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by goryorhal(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello everyone
I am having a problem paying for the UK visa fees online with my GTb master card...
I also have a GTb dollar card and still experiencing the same problem .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
@wales111

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:
Hello everyone
I am having a problem paying for the UK visa fees online with my GTb master card...
use another domicilliary card OR naira master card with allowance upto 500 usd . GTB mastercard won’t work bcus they permit only 100usd
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by goryorhal(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
giselle237:
use another domicilliary card OR naira master card with allowance upto 500 usd . GTB mastercard won’t work bcus they permit only 100usd

I have a GTB USD account with closing balance $520 and it's not going through

This is the response i am getting :
The payment was refused by your card provider
This could be because you do not have sufficient funds, or you entered your card details incorrectly. Please try again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
giselle237:
@wales111
Pls bro how much is the rate for that one and explain more sir. Am I paying in naira or pound? My travelling date is still may 11th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good day guys, i want to travel on the 1st of May and return on the 10th or 11th of May.

Will my second covid 19 test on the 8th day be sufficient to bring me back to naija ?

Hope the lockdown will be over by then ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
Depending on where you are, Boots is 120 quid and the results normally come out in 24hrs or less that's my experience. If you are in Scotland XpressTest charges 80quid for travellers.

For the test in Nigeria, I paid 39,500 but it is location dependent.

Wales1111:
The second test is how much and where will I do that ? And how much is covid 19 test here ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Good day guys, i want to travel on the 1st of May and return on the 10th or 11th of May.

Will my second covid 19 test on the 8th day be sufficient to bring me back to naija ?

Hope the lockdown will be over by then ?

Regarding the COVID test: Yes, I think so

LockDown: I think the Uk will be in lockdown until June. (not sure though)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:

This could be because you do not have sufficient funds, or you entered your card details incorrectly. Please try again.

change browser to google chrome. If it still doesn’t go then you have to try with a different card.
Try changing browser first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by goryorhal(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
giselle237:

change browser to google chrome. If it still doesn’t go then you have to try with a different card.
Try changing browser first

I am using a google chrome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:

I am using a google chrome
use another card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by goryorhal(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
giselle237:
use another card

You have any idea of which card i can use ??
Thou i just recently got the card and haven't use it before ........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nchabuomo:
Depending on where you are, Boots is 120 quid and the results normally come out in 24hrs or less that's my experience. If you are in Scotland XpressTest charges 80quid for travellers.

For the test in Nigeria, I paid 39,500 but it is location dependent.

How did you pay the 39500 online pls. And pls the naija to uk test before coming to naija is it possible to end before may 11th?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mechelino987: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good evening all! Please has anyone had similar experience as this and what’s the implication? I applied for skilled worker visa and had all the required documents uploaded by self. Got this today being the 13th day our of the 15 working days.
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mechelino987:
Good evening all! Please has anyone had similar experience as this and what’s the implication? I applied for skilled worker visa and had all the required documents uploaded by self. Got this today being the 13th day our of the 15 working days.
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
They are letting you know that the processing of your visa application will take longer than expected. Relax and be optimistic.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by amh10: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
amh10:
Hello everyone. I applied for a 2 year visitor visa on 8th February in Abuja and used the "keep my passport" service because I needed to be in possession of my passport.

After they confirmed that my application had been received on the same day, I did not hear anything from TLS for a month so I decided to contact UKVI on 9th of March, after which they said that a decision had been made on my visa application and that TLS will get back to me soon.

Another two weeks have now passed since I made the complaint and I still haven't heard anything back from TLS. I went to the visa application Centre to make enquiries and they said I can submit my passport now before getting the passport request email. I am tempted to do that because I assume that it will speed up the process, but I also need to use my passport in about 3 weeks and I am scared that they can hold my passport for longer than that even if I submit it before getting the passport request email.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? And what do you advise me to do?
Ah please I’m still waiting for a reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
amh10:
Ah please I’m still waiting for a reply
only UKVI can answer ur enquiry.. they determine the timelines for holding and stamping of passport and subsequent return to TLS. Contact ukvi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ladsonmayor(m): 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Thanks boss, but is there a way I can get a uk card here in Nigeria
askhr:

you can do test online if you have UK card and UK address https://www.constructioncert.co.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wales1111:
How did you pay the 39500 online pls. And pls the naija to uk test before coming to naija is it possible to end before may 11th?
pay the 39500 with ur card. Can u please go to the link and do small research +/- reading so you understand better...
The link is as below
https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/guidelines

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Preshy2004: 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:
Hello everyone

Did you transfer the dollars to your Mastercard.? If no then you have to visit gtb ask them to transfer the dollars to your Mastercard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Preshy2004: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:

Visit the bank and transfer the dollars in your account to the Atm dollars Mastercard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chingy999: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
good day house,

I just wanted to know if anyone has and ideas of the kind of job (part time) that an international student in uk can take to pay his or her school fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Please guys is a yellow card needed at the airport before departing from nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
Wales1111:

Wales since ur travel is still may 11th , i will strongly suggest u dont make any test bookings yet.These are unprecedented times . In these times alot can change or new laws can be implemented in just one week, how much more a month. Even flights are very prone to cancellations or alterations in this period. So If i were in your shoes i will start sorting out covid tests about 5-7 days to departure date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maiyakz: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing good?

Am filling out a dependant visa on my 'Tier 2 work visa' for my wife. As an evidence from my bank to show financial support for her do I need to just show am paid enough to take care of her while here i.e. payslips and bank statement? or should it be a savings of a substantial amount? Will either of the two be okay?

Your response would be appreciated. Thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Please guys is a yellow card needed at the airport before departing from nigeria
strong NO!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
goryorhal:

You have any idea of which card i can use ??
Thou i just recently got the card and haven't use it before ........

Call GTB to activate the card.
If you've done that, you should see a separate Mastercard/Visa account in your internet banking profile. This account is for your card alone and is separate from your USD domiciliary account.
Transfer money from your USD domiciliary account into that account using your internet banking.
If you don't have internet banking, then you will have to go into a branch to do it.
Then use your card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moshkom(m): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good day guys, please! Do anyone know how to go about DOB correction on original Waec certificate. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Maiyakz:
Hello Guys,

Hope you are all doing good?

Am filling out a dependant visa on my 'Tier 2 work visa' for my wife. As an evidence from my bank to show financial support for her do I need to just show am paid enough to take care of her while here i.e. payslips and bank statement? or should it be a savings of a substantial amount? Will either of the two be okay?

Your response would be appreciated. Thanks smiley

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by InspiredMe007: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good evening,

I have a friend who wants to apply for the UK in the month of March to travel May ending. He works with a financial institution with a N1.5m savings and all other related documents. Please what chances does he have to get the visa. Looking forwards to your responses

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.