Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,598 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1518743 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:19pm On May 06, 2021
Is it advisable for someone to use hotel booking or get invitation letter from friend /family for visa application at this time for summer vacation. I am trying to help a junior one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 06, 2021
I used hotel reservation for 13days(10days included for the mandatory Quarantine)
iretiogo1:
do you use hotel reservations or invitation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 06, 2021
Hotel booking is better. It will show that you have the money to spend in the UK.
Ashirioluwa:
Is it advisable for someone to use hotel booking or get invitation letter from friend /family for visa application at this time for summer vacation. I am trying to help a junior one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awumen: 11:16pm On May 06, 2021
Tutu82:

Can i ask ;
Do you live in the uk or in Nigeria?.
Is dad retired or still working?.
What is the purpose of his journey?.
That would determine the documents.
I reside in Nigeria, though with BRP (wifey is a student,UK). Dad has retired,to see grankids.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:55am On May 07, 2021
awumen:

I reside in Nigeria, though with BRP (wifey is a student,UK). Dad has retired,to see grankids.
I am guessing then you are mixing up two visas which ought not to be so..
U mentioned 5 yr visa...... under what category?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:25am On May 07, 2021
ikenke:
Hotel booking is better. It will show that you have the money to spend in the UK.

I used to use hotel booking before but I am just looking at the current pandemic situation in uk. Moreover, the person I am trying to help never travel out of country before but she has job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:33am On May 07, 2021
ikenke:
I used hotel reservation for 13days(10days included for the mandatory Quarantine)

You booked hotel for 13 days,10 days included for the mandatory quarantine? Just only 3 days you have to move around after your 10 days mandatory quarantine? What is the outcome of your visa application? Or you just submitted # Ikenke
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 8:26am On May 07, 2021
Good morning house. Please can anyone give us a link where the Tier 2 minister of religion visa application form can be filled? Because I learnt they changed the name to T2 minister of religion. Is it the same form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2021
vaticanboy:
Someone help me please. Does WhatsApp call logs could be use in place of phone call logs? Am gathering my documents for my spousal visa. �Pls help a brida.

yes it can be use, just screeshoot them and paste on word. I will advice you to join the UK spousa visa forum, u will get more information than here which is the visiting forum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 07, 2021
awumen:

-your statement of account as financial sponsor of its a company account request your bank to do a letter that you own it.

-Dad,s statement of account as proof he isn’t completely dependent on you.

-Hotel reservation covering the said period.sites such as www.booking.com do not require you to make payment before arrival.( I only suggest this because a student with kids in principle cannot afford to be responsible for a visitor financially).

-A letter of invitation from your wife and her wedding photos with him in them/another with him and the kids that should help establish their relationship say 2 of each.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 1:57pm On May 07, 2021
Hello Good people. I am planning to apply for UK standard Visit visa In three months. I am applying as a Salary earner with decent salary of #350,000 which I have started lodging in the account about three months ago.

The account details I am proposing is first amy salary account but also serves as my everyday account since I use it for my other businesses like payment of Bills, settlement of workers, recharge card purchase etc.

However, my conclusion from the thread indicates that any account to be used for this occasion should be a dedicated salary account.

Am I right or just a misunderstanding of the process?
Kindly advise.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by incroyable(f): 3:38pm On May 07, 2021
Leleky:

Is 250k opening balance okay?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awumen: 5:40pm On May 07, 2021
Tutu82:

-your statement of account as financial sponsor of its a company account request your bank to do a letter that you own it.

-Hotel reservation covering the said period.sites such as www.booking.com do not require you to make payment before arrival.( I only suggest this because a student with kids in principle cannot afford to be responsible for a visitor financially).

-A letter of invitation from your wife and her wedding photos with him in them/another with him and the kids that should help establish their relationship say 2 of each.
My dad of 81 years need a statement of account? He doesn't have a bank account again.... Please advice.
Am sponsoring my wife, and my dad's trip. any need for dad's account?
Am also supposed to be in the UK as a dependent but I have a job here, so I visit every after 65 - 70 days and stay for 25-30 days.
I have a house there,with 6 months rentage, paid until October 2021,any need to book hotel?
Do I still need my bank to write a letter on my statement of account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 7:11pm On May 07, 2021
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for a visit visa to the UK to write an exam. My sister who lives in the US is going to be my sponsor. I am not employed at the moment and I have no bank statement. What are my chances of getting the visa? I need advice. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 07, 2021
awumen:

My dad of 81 years need a statement of account? He doesn't have a bank account again.... Please advice.
Am sponsoring my wife, and my dad's trip. any need for dad's account?
Am also supposed to be in the UK as a dependent but I have a job here, so I visit every after 65 - 70 days and stay for 25-30 days.
I have a house there,with 6 months rentage, paid until October 2021,any need to book hotel?
Do I still need my bank to write a letter on my statement of account?
You only just clarified that you had a house.If your dad is aged and no longer has a statement how does he get his pension or money from any business he does on the side.You can explain this on the form as additional information.
If you are using a company account the bank has to write a letter because it’s is the company name not yours on the certificate.If your personal current account then no need for letter.
Also i don’t know if you plan to move here eventually and get permanent residency,with you living in Nigeria when you are her dependant by the time you need to apply for ILR (indefinite live to remain)you will not be eligible just here as you would have spent too much time outside the country.
I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fendorf(m): 7:53pm On May 07, 2021
bivoprad:
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for a visit visa to the UK to write an exam. My sister who lives in the US is going to be my sponsor. I am not employed at the moment and I have no bank statement. What are my chances of getting the visa? I need advice. Thanks
apply to Philippines embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 8:03pm On May 07, 2021
There is no available test date....more so, Philippines is still not open to visitors
fendorf:
apply to Philippines embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 07, 2021
Tutu82:

Also can i know how it is that you are a dependant of a Student which Tier 4 visa runs for 1year and in some cases 18months but you have 5 years visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awumen: 8:49pm On May 07, 2021
[quote author=Tutu82 post=101475552][/quote]
PhD program.
No account for old man at 81yrs.(is opening an account for him now not already suspicious)?
List of documents are
Letter of invite
Rent/evidence of bill
Marriage certificate/pix
School ID/Letter from school
Please include any other documents/info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 07, 2021
Yes you are right. A dedicated Salary account is the best option. The salary is perfect for the application regardless of how old it is. I used same amount as well btw 350-400k and indicated I spend 150k monthly. So bro you stand a very good chance with that.
olaoye15:
Hello Good people. I am planning to apply for UK standard Visit visa In three months. I am applying as a Salary earner with decent salary of #350,000 which I have started lodging in the account about three months ago.

The account details I am proposing is first amy salary account but also serves as my everyday account since I use it for my other businesses like payment of Bills, settlement of workers, recharge card purchase etc.

However, my conclusion from the thread indicates that any account to be used for this occasion should be a dedicated salary account.

Am I right or just a misunderstanding of the process?
Kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 07, 2021
Hello Odugbemi..

I booked for 13days. 10days included for the mandatory Quarantine but I am paying for the Test to Release which makes me leave Quarantine after 5days. So give & take, I will have roughly 7-8days to move around after d result comes out on the 6th day.
The outcome?? I got a 6months Standard Visitor Visa
odugbemiopeyemi:

You booked hotel for 13 days,10 days included for the mandatory quarantine? Just only 3 days you have to move around after your 10 days mandatory quarantine? What is the outcome of your visa application? Or you just submitted # Ikenke

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 07, 2021
ikenke:
Hello Odugbemi..

I booked for 13days. 10days included for the mandatory Quarantine but I am paying for the Test to Release which makes me leave Quarantine after 5days. So give & take, I will have roughly 7-8days to move around after d result comes out on the 6th day.

Happy for you brother ...God will do our own soon

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 11:14pm On May 07, 2021
ikenke:
Hello Odugbemi..

What was your salary, monthly expenses and how much did you budget to spend on your trip? I'm asking because we all know that they frown at applicants spending more than twice their monthly disposable income on a trip. And also, did you book hotel or hostel accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:15am On May 08, 2021
Thanx bro. Amen!!!! Yours is next in Jesus name. Amen.
odugbemiopeyemi:

Happy for you brother ...God will do our own soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:20am On May 08, 2021
Salary btw 350-400k, monthly expenses 150k and told them I was going to spend £3,000 in the UK(which included flight, hotel,feeding & Miscellaneous). I saw a really affordable Hotel in London for $450 on Booking.com
LoyalRoyalty:
What was your salary, monthly expenses and how much did you budget to spend on your trip? I'm asking because we all know that they frown at applicants spending more than twice their monthly disposable income on a trip. And also, did you book hotel or hostel accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 12:26am On May 08, 2021
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for a visit visa to the UK to write an exam. My sister who lives in the US is going to be my sponsor. I am not employed at the moment and I have no bank statement. What are my chances of getting the visa? I need advice please. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 5:23am On May 08, 2021
ikenke:
Yes you are right. A dedicated Salary account is the best option. The salary is perfect for the application regardless of how old it is. I used same amount as well btw 350-400k and indicated I spend 150k monthly. So bro you stand a very good chance with that.

Hi what of a salary of 310,000. Is this good? How much will I say I spent in a month? Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 6:03am On May 08, 2021
[quote author=ikenke post=101477934]Yes you are right. A dedicated Salary account is the best option. The salary is perfect for the application regardless of how old it is. I used same amount as well btw 350-400k and indicated I spend 150k monthly. So bro you stand a very good chance.

Okay. Thank you my brother. I will have to strategise. I am very sure that you are right because, I used a dedicated Salary Account for my South Africa Visa Application and it was granted.

Baba, please, at your leisure time. Can you highlight how you went with the application, including the documents you submitted. I have read about the process too, but I just want to hear from a successful experienced sombori.

Thanks you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 8:20am On May 08, 2021
Good morning,
Pls, do visitors traveling to UK need to quarantine in a dedicated hotel or any hotel one books?

Proposed month of travel is August sha but for purpose of visa, staying out our quarantine and travel plans.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 8:59am On May 08, 2021
ikenke:
Salary btw 350-400k, monthly expenses 150k and told them I was going to spend £3,000 in the UK(which included flight, hotel,feeding & Miscellaneous). I saw a really affordable Hotel in London for $450 on Booking.com
Ok. Kindly share the name of the accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:36am On May 08, 2021
bivoprad:
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for a visit visa to the UK to write an exam. My sister who lives in the US is going to be my sponsor. I am not employed at the moment and I have no bank statement. What are my chances of getting the visa? I need advice please. Thanks
Your chances are very low.
You have no access to money or a job so no ties to your country hence you will most likely be rejected as you will be categorised as a flight risk.Your sponsor though your sister does not live in Nigeria so you’ve shown -1 family ties.
Solutions;
-Most international exams now have online centres because of covid so liase with the school if you can write it in Nigeria.
-The money she wants to sponsor you with use it to open a business name with cac(20k) then start a business while applying for jobs.
-Open a bank account preferrably current to show your incoming and outgoing.It’s not really the balance that matters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:49am On May 08, 2021
ikenke:
Thanx bro. Amen!!!! Yours is next in Jesus name. Amen.

Amen bro... So when are you planning to travel or you are already there ?

Please if you won't mind us to keep contact?

I try to ask for few contact on this forum but people ignore my request .. not for anything bro but just to keep in touch as one family . My email address is opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.