Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444879 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:40am On May 09, 2021
Yes sure.
1. Employment/Appointment Letter
2. Confirmation Letter
3. Promotion Letter
4. Copy of my ID card
5. 6months Bank Statement
6. 6months pay slips
7. Landed Document
8. Marriage Certificate (Court & Church)
9. Birth Certificate for my Son
10. Copies of my travel history (Ghana & Dubai)

[quote author=olaoye15 post=101481558][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:41am On May 09, 2021
Yes sure.
1. Employment/Appointment Letter
2. Confirmation Letter
3. Promotion Letter
4. Copy of my ID card
5. 6months Bank Statement
6. 6months pay slips
7. Landed Document
8. Marriage Certificate (Court & Church)
9. Birth Certificate for my Son
10. Copies of my travel history (Ghana & Dubai)[quote author=olaoye15 post=101481558][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:43am On May 09, 2021
Visitors from the Amber list can Quarantine in any hotel or any accommodation of their choice.
iyaaliyah:
Good morning,
Pls, do visitors traveling to UK need to quarantine in a dedicated hotel or any hotel one books?

Proposed month of travel is August sha but for purpose of visa, staying out our quarantine and travel plans.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:45am On May 09, 2021
So since you are coming from Nigeria, you can quarantine in any hotel for 10days but you can shorten it to 5days if you do the Test to Release for International travelers. Which allows you to leave Quarantine after 5days if you test negative.
iyaaliyah:
Good morning,
Pls, do visitors traveling to UK need to quarantine in a dedicated hotel or any hotel one books?

Proposed month of travel is August sha but for purpose of visa, staying out our quarantine and travel plans.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:47am On May 09, 2021
Flexistay Aparthotel Tooting London.
LoyalRoyalty:
Ok. Kindly share the name of the accommodation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:49am On May 09, 2021
Planning on going month end, already booked my ticket. YES sure we can keep in touch. I will send you an email in a bit bro. Cheers. I have sent you an email already.
odugbemiopeyemi:

Amen bro... So when are you planning to travel or you are already there ?

Please if you won't mind us to keep contact?

I try to ask for few contact on this forum but people ignore my request .. not for anything bro but just to keep in touch as one family . My email address is opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 1:53am On May 09, 2021
ikenke:
Flexistay Aparthotel Tooting London.
Thanks buddy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:24am On May 09, 2021
Chpelu:
good day, justwise and all the gurus in the house. i applied for uk visit visa with my husband and daughter. My uncle is sent us invite letter and stated that he will be responsible for our accomodation and upkeep while in the uk. I am employed with monthly salary of 145k and also recieve monthly salary from me and hubby business. I submitted my marriage certificate, all our birth certificate, employment letter, introduction letter from my boss, leave approval letter, my personal bank statement where i receive my salary and me and hubby's company bank statement. My husband is self emeployed and he pays himself 180k monthly from the company acct. he also work part time for an international company and he recieve 165 dollars monthly fixed. he also works does freelancer project for a multinational company in Nigeria but his payment is not fixed and only receives wage according to the project he does. He submitted our company bank statement, personal savings account and is personal current dollar account where he recieves 165 dollars monthly, introduction letter on his bussiness letter head , Contract letter and payslip from the foreign company, Frelancer contract letter., business name registration, local government permit , house rent agreement and receipt.
At the part which say 'is anyone paying for all or part of your trip' i stated my husband will pay part of my trip and they asked how much will he give me i said 200 pounds . I already said i intend to spend 1300 pounds for my trip. The section where i was asked how much i spend for my leaving expenses i stated 50K of which i wrote it at the additionally information page that the 50k is an average since some month are more and some months are less, but the eco still refused me based on that.
My daughter was refused because her parent where refused and we stated that we are the one she is travelling with.
The ECO jst refused our visa in a rush ,he/she made alot of typo error even saying my husband intend to travel with his wife and children intend of child, our employer and my uncle was not even contacted. we went for biometric at ikeja tls on 27th of march in 8 days decision has been sent to us via mail.
I cant still figure out what the problem was. kindly help me review the refusal letter
Sorry about the unsuccessful outcome. The bank statement your husband submitted didn't show that he earns the amount he stated as salary and income from his business i.e. no regular salary (income) deposits into his account. In your own case, apart from the fact that your husband's refusal affected yours, the total money withdrawn from your account in some months was greatly higher than what you stated as monthly expenses. Kindly help us check the status of your husband's employer on CAC website so that we can know if this new trend of "inactive company status" being used to deny some applicants is the new norm or it's just peculiar to some ECOs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:29am On May 09, 2021
Omokas2:

What am saying is not tax is yearly returns to CAC to keep Ur company active
You can contact me
. omonigho12@gmail.com
I want to show U sample
Please what can be done to make the inactive status of a company to become active?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:33am On May 09, 2021
giselle237:
pls submit other documents to prove mum’s ties to Nigeria and that she will return. Consent letter from husband that he is happy for her to travel, letter from her employer if employed or from pensions if retired, letter from church or business with extensive proofs if she has any to show she has commitments in Nigeria and wud definitely return because of these.. documents of any property or assets or investments in mum’s name domiciled in Nigeria, to prove she will come back because of this.
Cover letter from mum to explain reason for visit and reasons why she will definitely be returning to Nigeria after the holiday.
Also pls add paper evidence and documentation to categorically explain mum’s source of funds.
Research more and read this thread, the above list is not exhaustive
Please what paper evidence and documentation can be used to explain/prove one's source of funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 8:12am On May 09, 2021
Thank you. U was going to ask you. Tnx.

I got £44 for it, is yours cheaper?

ikenke:
So since you are coming from Nigeria, you can quarantine in any hotel for 10days but you can shorten it to 5days if you do the Test to Release for International travelers. Which allows you to leave Quarantine after 5days if you test negative.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:19am On May 09, 2021
graceodini:

Yes. I already checked his bank statement. He has no cash deposit in it at all.
Then you might have a case, get a copy of the statement and attach as proof to your appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:32am On May 09, 2021
Sanmigbola:

My company has been registered since 2004 and I have not paid a dime to CAC till date. I have also used the same company to secure my visa to the UK. The only issue I had was to activate my TIN through FIRS because the company was inactive for some years which was done and I also activated my company account.

Checking it now shows the company is active.

How much did you pay to get this done and how long was the process? Also, after the activation of your Tax Identification Number (TIN), did you contact CAC before the status of your company became active or it was automatic?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mariasfk: 9:38am On May 09, 2021
I don’t have any landed property,what else can I do and do I have to get international passport too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by meashelle: 9:48am On May 09, 2021
Please who has applied for uk student visa with company sponsorship? What kind of questions did they ask you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:23am On May 09, 2021
[quote author=Chpelu post=101508068]good day, justwise and all the gurus in the house. i applied for uk visit visa with my husband and daughter. My uncle is sent us invite letter and stated that he will be responsible for our accomodation and upkeep while in the uk. I am employed with monthly salary of 145k and also recieve monthly salary from me and hubby business. I submitted my marriage certificate, all our birth certificate, employment letter, introduction letter from my boss, leave approval letter, my personal bank statement where i receive my salary and me and hubby's company bank statement. My husband is self emeployed and he pays himself 180k monthly from the company acct. he also work part time for an international company and he recieve 165 dollars monthly fixed. he also works does freelancer project for a multinational company in Nigeria but his payment is not fixed and only receives wage according to the project he does. He submitted our company bank statement, personal savings account and is personal current dollar account where he recieves 165 dollars monthly, introduction letter on his bussiness letter head , Contract letter and payslip from the foreign company, Frelancer contract letter., business name registration, local government permit , house rent agreement and receipt.
At the part which say 'is anyone paying for all or part of your trip' i stated my husband will pay part of my trip and they asked how much will he give me i said 200 pounds . I already said i intend to spend 1300 pounds for my trip. The section where i was asked how much i spend for my leaving expenses i stated 50K of which i wrote it at the additionally information page that the 50k is an average since some month are more and some months are less, but the eco still refused me based on that.
My daughter was refused because her parent where refused and we stated that we are the one she is travelling with.
The ECO jst refused our visa in a rush ,he/she made alot of typo error even saying my husband intend to travel with his wife and children intend of child, our employer and my uncle was not even contacted. we went for biometric at ikeja tls on 27th of march in 8 days decision has been sent to us via mail.
I cant still figure out what the problem was. kindly help me review the refusal letter[/quote

Sorry about your situation but I can pick plenty things from your refusal letter, the caseworker talked a lot about the inconsistencies on your bank account which you will be in a better position to understand that, but let me talk about your monthly expenses and what the caseworker might observe, let’s say you are receiving 100k per month and the spend 50k that month by the end of next month give or take the caseworker might be expecting to see 150k and the next 200k ..........and you should note that the case worker must have noticed significant high spending than 50k in certain months according to the refusal letter.
Let’s go to the second error I noticed, you have 1500 pounds available for your 21 days trip I.e 900,000.00 naira, if you are buying your travel ticket to UK each of you will spend about 350k subject to the itinerary you have provided in your application, so multiply 350k by 3 you will have over a million which is more than the funds you made available for your trip .
Thirdly I will talk about your sponsor, I believe he must be a very rich man in the UK to be able to provide upkeep for 3 people, they will expect each one of you to spend at least 40 pounds per week on feeding for 3 people is 120 pounds then for 3 weeks is 360 pounds, let’s say your uncle drives and he will take you around so transportation is not needed, let’s say he has a spare room so accommodation is sorted.
They will consider his own financial engagements in the UK, how many children has he , his basic salary etc.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 09, 2021
graceodini:

Okay. Thanks. Can he still apply for reconsideration? He used invitation and said he plan to spend 10days.
I don’t feel this is a reconsideration matter but he needs to do a fresh application after correcting a few things.
Give it a bit of time as uk unlike the US would stamp your passport and if the ECO is exhausted or confused when it comes time to look at your application might just reject you again based on time line of the following stamp instead of looking at your new documentation.You hear people on here say they have been rejected for things that have nothing to do with their application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dayzzy(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2021
Good day everyone smiley
As required to carry out covid 19 test before departing Nigeria, my pal was told by his airline attendant that government-based test are sometimes rejected and it's advisable to run the test at any private lab/hospital listed on the NCDC website.
However a thread on Twitter i saw had someone complaining that the private lab he used was rejected.
To be on a safer side, I just need to confirm the private lab anyone who recently travelled out of the country from Abuja used to run the test to prevent story that touch.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 09, 2021
Dayzzy:
Good day everyone smiley
As required to carry out covid 19 test before departing Nigeria, my pal was told by his airline attendant that government-based test are sometimes rejected and it's advisable to run the test at any private lab/hospital listed on the NCDC website.
However a thread on Twitter i saw had someone complaining that the private lab he used was rejected.
To be on a safer side, I just need to confirm the private lab anyone who recently travelled out of the country from Abuja used to run the test to prevent story that touch.

Thanks.

Use any hospital or laboratory listed on the NCDC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 09, 2021
Mariasfk:
I don’t have any landed property,what else can I do and do I have to get international passport too?

I do not understand what your question is about.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 09, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Use any hospital or laboratory listed on the NCDC
When coming back to the uk i used
DiagnoseMeAfrica https://diagnosemeafrica.com/ Look them up online their labs are called 54gene in Abuja/Lagos and Ogun.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:43pm On May 09, 2021
royalmu:
Most big firms are inactive on CAC. Companies like Dangote, Coca-cola, UBA, GTB and a host of others, especially those registered before 2019 are mostly inactive on CAC. A friend registered his company in February 2020, he has never paid or made any yearly returns to CAC yet the status of the company is active on CAC.

The guy is just an employee with the company. So I believe the inactive status of the company shouldn't have any effect on him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:46pm On May 09, 2021
graceodini:

The guy is just an employee with the company. So I believe the inactive status of the company shouldn't have any effect on him.
Then send in the letter of reconsideration and hope for the best on behalf of your friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 09, 2021
graceodini:

Your belief is false,It affects everyone working in the company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 3:09pm On May 09, 2021
Can Nigerians travel to UK now? One of my family with a UK visa want to know if he can travel to UK this month for visiting so he doesn't know if international travelers from Naija will be allowed in or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 09, 2021
royalmu:
Please what can be done to make the inactive status of a company to become active?
Walk into any inland revenue office or cac office and someone would help you,it’s a straight forward process.Be careful not to enter one chance by contacting anyone who claims to be able to offer you short cut for a fee.
Read this short article too;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thewhistler.ng/cama-implementation-cac-declares-companies-inactive-for-failure-to-file-annual-returns/amp/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 3:12pm On May 09, 2021
Tutu82:

Walk into any inland revenue office or cac office and someone would help you,it’s a straight forward process.Be careful not to enter one chance by contacting anyone who claims to be able to offer you short cut for a fee.
Read this short article too;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thewhistler.ng/cama-implementation-cac-declares-companies-inactive-for-failure-to-file-annual-returns/amp/
Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 3:15pm On May 09, 2021
mamawa123:
Can Nigerians travel to UK now? One of my family with a UK visa want to know if he can travel to UK this month for visiting so he doesn't know if international travelers from Naija will be allowed in or not
Non-essential travels will commence from May 17th hopefully. He can travel now if he's going for family visitation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 3:42pm On May 09, 2021
royalmu:
Non-essential travels will commence from May 17th hopefully. He can travel now if he's going for family visitation.
So I should tell him to wait till May 17th before he makes decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 3:51pm On May 09, 2021
mamawa123:

So I should tell him to wait till May 17th before he makes decision
Is he visiting anyone in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 4:03pm On May 09, 2021
royalmu:
Is he visiting anyone in the UK?

Yes going there to visit a friend.

He used hotel accommodation the first time he went there because he doesn't know anyone then.
But now his wife's friend introduced her husband to him. The guy in UK promised to accommodate him
anytime he travels to UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 09, 2021
mamawa123:
Yes you can visit the uk.All that is required is a COVID-19 Pcr test done 3 days to Departure and a 10days isolation when you get here.
Currently Nigeria is only on the Amber list not red.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.