Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444767 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 post=101743935][/quote]plz did anybody get a visa this month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 8:26pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=NiggaRoy22 did you call them when it happened to you or it came itself?also did they give you the visa?the agent I use I said is not advisable to call them ,he said I should give it more time,plz share more light on that ..d wait is too much for the
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 8:32pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=asjay dis you get the visa then? And cous the agent I used said it not advisable to call them ..that I should give it more time...plz how true is this?cous the waiting is too much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 8:43pm On May 16, 2021
He was refused visa with his wife and child to visit uk for 21 days to go on family vacation. So he is reapplying to go alone In October. Since he is no longer traveling with his wife and child. He can just shop one or two tins for himself . Then he will be going for fewq site seeing and he intends to also go watch his favorite football club match while he is in UK. Is the above a good reason for his short visit.

quote author=Tutu82 post=101751067]
That 200k should work more than the 120k
He would have to state the reason for his short trip on additional information page and be sure to say he is not doing any shopping or sight seeing.I hope this helps.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 16, 2021
Chpelu:
He was refused visa with his wife and child to visit uk for 21 days to go on family vacation. So he is reapplying to go alone In October. Since he is no longer traveling with his wife and child. He can just shop one or two tins for himself . Then he will be going for fewq site seeing and he intends to also go watch his favorite football club match while he is in UK. Is the above a good reason for his short visit.

quote author=Tutu82 post=101751067]
That 200k should work more than the 120k
He would have to state the reason for his short trip on additional information page and be sure to say he is not doing any shopping or sight seeing.I hope this helps.
Right,this story is no longer straightforward and i see another refusal.If they have been refused from the letter he should know how to go about this second application.
To take a tour of the stadium you have to pay same to get souvenirs also,Football tickets are quite pricey and start from £60 that is if they are not sold out so he would have to show he has booked already.
Besides Buckingham palace,Trafalgar Square and London Bridge most other tourist attractions you have to pay for so how will he do this?.To shop and get one or two things for himself the cheapest shops i know is primark and even that will touch the pocket.
An oyster topup for a week to use the train and/or bus within zones is £30minimum so no that 200k budget will no more stand.
Their first refusal must have been a tourist visa so this has to be as well but very few people go on holiday for a week.I am not an eco but at this point am no longer convinced.
Perhaps he can forget this for now and go back to the drawing board.Better still take his family for a beautiful week to somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 10:44pm On May 16, 2021
NiggaRoy22:
[quote author=asjay dis you get the visa then? And cous the agent I used said it not advisable to call them ..that I should give it more time...plz how true is this?cous the waiting is too much

I called them

Infact I sent numerous mails too

I was courteous tho but still stated my problems to them

I got the visa and had no issues at all

Pls call them or send a mail but I think calling is better as you can talk to them and discuss normally and even get a response instantly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 10:54pm On May 16, 2021
Oh kk will do as you have advice,plz do you have their number?will call them tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:58am On May 17, 2021
qhunlay:

TCC is not compulsory for Visitor's visa application. You may only use it to boost your application that you a responsible citizen.

From your narrations above, you are talking about two different taxes; CIT and PAYE

For your CIT, according to the Finance Act, you are exempted if your annual turnover is below N25m.

However, if you will be paying yourself a net salary of N550k monthly, then your PAYE should be around N80k which you must be remitting to LIRS on a monthly basis and it's on this that they will issue you an e-TCC.

Like I said in the first line, TCC is not compulsory...

# qhunlay thanks very much for your brotherly advised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:08am On May 17, 2021
Tutu82:

I agree it is not compulsory but shows good character and will therefore strengthen his application.
If they told him 10k,15k and 20k then it is not his headache whether this is “good enough” as he will be issued a certificate.

#Tutu82 thanks, you are really doing a great job here. YES I was told to pay 10k for first year ,15k for second year while 20k for third year. My concerns now is that does Uk embassy verify how much the payer paid in his e-TCC card or only to verify the authenticity of the e-TCC?

Please your advise is need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:28am On May 17, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

#Tutu82 thanks, you are really doing a great job here. YES I was told to pay 10k for first year ,15k for second year while 20k for third year. My concerns now is that does Uk embassy verify how much the payer paid in his e-TCC card or only to verify the authenticity of the e-TCC?

Please your advise is need
Hi again.
I would say they do the most basic checks and are very random.Once all your documentation are authentic you have noting to worry about.
Stop overthinking it (and less is more don’t put too much irrelevant information as that opens up room for new questions)and best of luck in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 8:44am On May 17, 2021
Thanks Tutu82 for taking your time to reply. I really appreciate it.
I am single with no child, the sponsor is my biological sister and I will be earning around 90k monthly.
I am actually going to the UK to write an exam but I guess I will have to change my exam to a later date
Tutu82:

Even if you just started work last week you are employed and you have an employment letter that states your annual remuneration to prove this plus your ID card albeit no salary paid yet .If your need to travel isn’t urgent can you give it another 6months to apply so you appear less financial dependent.
The thing about a sponsored trip is that as far as you are an adult you need to show means of your own funds too no matter how small to strengthen your application.There are exceptions for example full time house wife,and the terminally ill.
You might not be able to satisfy the officer that you have ties to Nigeria and those would return home after your visa.Also,with new radar search like human trafficking and you are female with no money you might be flagged.
Are you married or do you have a child?.
How are you related to your sponsor?.
What would you earn monthly?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 10:17am On May 17, 2021
Pardom me. I am lost. I don't understand what you meant by going back to the drawing board. Do you suggest he should stick to the previous travel plans he used for his first application. Can you pls help me understand more. So we don't make mistake again

Tutu82 post=101760629]
Right,this story is no longer straightforward and i see another refusal.If they have been refused from the letter he should know how to go about this second application.
To take a tour of the stadium you have to pay same to get souvenirs also,Football tickets are quite pricey and start from £60 that is if they are not sold out so he would have to show he has booked already.
Besides Buckingham palace,Trafalgar Square and London Bridge most other tourist attractions you have to pay for so how will he do this?.To shop and get one or two things for himself the cheapest shops i know is primark and even that will touch the pocket.
An oyster topup for a week to use the train and/or bus within zones is £30minimum so no that 200k budget will no more stand.
Their first refusal must have been a tourist visa so this has to be as well but very few people go on holiday for a week.I am not an eco but at this point am no longer convinced.
Perhaps he can forget this for now and go back to the drawing board.Better still take his family for a beautiful week to somewhere else.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2021
NiggaRoy22:
plz did anybody get a visa this month?
Yes i recently got 10 years visa renewal and at pick up quite a number of people were also there. So yes people are getting their visas.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 10:50am On May 17, 2021
Even those going to see family member are not spared by Eco. Me, my husband and child was refused with flimsy excuse in April , to go visit my uncle with flimsy excuse. Those eco are just refusing visa especially for people traveling in May.

quote author=giselle237 post=100016314]
Thank you. Like you guys should chill with tourism applications.. corona is very much around in the UK and everywhere is locked up..shops, stores, banks with limited opening times... everything is one kind... which tourism pls?? The ECO will just be using anger to assess your applications. There is no tourism. If you are coming to visit a family member or friend, that’s a different thing altogether. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rollykotex: 10:52am On May 17, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by imback(m): 11:19am On May 17, 2021
Hi house, how do you normally pay for your visa fees and IHS surcharge?. Is it possible to use a GTB Naira Mastercard for both?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by arizona20: 1:22pm On May 17, 2021
Please I have an issue I need to confirm .please if I am granted 2years Post Study Work visa after my masters in UK and I decide to further my studies for my PHD program,please after my PHD,will I still be granted 3years post study work visa ? A friend told me that the Post study work visa is only once that's I am given after my masters and I decide to enrol for my PHD,that after the PHD,I will not be granted another post study work visa.
Please can someone kindly help n explain this to me house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:53pm On May 17, 2021
Good afternoon all the nairaland family I was introduced to this lovely platform by a friend to sign up and be a part of the family .

I and my hubby and our 2 kids wanted to apply for Uk tourist visa for Xmas vacation.

We are running a pure water factory together and the company is limited registered under CAC .

But I was told that we need to be paying ourself a monthly income from the company account ?

Please if we wanted to be paying ourself, is it a fixed amount or let say range ie 250k to 300k?

I was one of the company director stated in the CAC certificate.

Are we going to prepare a payslips for our income? or appointment letter ?or introduction letter? Leave letter? If we are ready to apply ?

Please kindly explain in details what we will need to apply as a self employed so we can start be preparing lol lol

Sorry for my long write up please enlighten Us because we don't want to fall under another a so called agent again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 2:25pm On May 17, 2021
[quote plz how long does it take b4 you get a mail from them more than a month now dat I submitted my passport still don’t hear from them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 2:29pm On May 17, 2021
arizona20:

Please I have an issue I need to confirm .please if I am granted 2years Post Study Work visa after my masters in UK and I decide to further my studies for my PHD program,please after my PHD,will I still be granted 3years post study work visa ? A friend told me that the Post study work visa is only once that's I am given after my masters and I decide to enrol for my PHD,that after the PHD,I will not be granted another post study work visa.

Your friend is correct. You can only get post study visa once.

Only if you enrol for PhD immediately after your masters, you can be granted 3 years post study visa at the end of your PhD programme
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 17, 2021
bivoprad:
Thanks Tutu82 for taking your time to reply. I really appreciate it.
I am single with no child, the sponsor is my biological sister and I will be earning around 90k monthly.
I am actually going to the UK to write an exam but I guess I will have to change my exam to a later date
It helps that she is your biological sister so add birth certificate to the application and some random photos say 5 at different ages with your parents in it.
If you have registered for the exam include the documents or ask them for letter of introduction to add to the application.You don’t have to change the date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:17pm On May 17, 2021
Madam, you don't need to contact anybody.
The response you need is on this forum read from page 1 and you will get all the answer to your questions.

Gentlesoul3268:
Good afternoon all the nairaland family I was introduced to this lovely platform by a friend to sign up and be a part of the family .

I and my hubby and our 2 kids wanted to apply for Uk tourist visa for Xmas vacation.

We are running a pure water factory together and the company is limited registered under CAC .

But I was told that we need to be paying ourself a monthly income from the company account ?

Please if we wanted to be paying ourself, is it a fixed amount or let say range ie 250k to 300k?

I was one of the company director stated in the CAC certificate.

Are we going to prepare a payslips for our income? or appointment letter ?or introduction letter? Leave letter? If we are ready to apply ?

Please kindly explain in details what we will need to apply as a self employed so we can start be preparing lol lol

Sorry for my long write up please enlighten Us because we don't want to fall under another a so called agent again

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 4:36pm On May 17, 2021
My sister has a biometrics appointment at the end of this week. I want to know if she needs to go with all the documents I uploaded to the application. I picked regular self service for her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by warrenweste(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2021
Captaincool1:
You are required to show you have an English language ability of at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages in all four components.
The English Language test result you provided shows you have not met the required level of B1 in two of the four components of the test (reading and writing). You must obtain level B1 in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
After a discussion with an Entry Clearance Manager, I have chosen not to contact you for further evidence as I am satisfied from the evidence submitted that you do not meet the requirements to be awarded 10 points for the English language requirement and therefore I have only awarded you 60 points out of 70 points in total.

But i was told to do IELTS B1 listening and speaking which i did to be eligible for a working visa in health sector
Right now which of the IELTS UKVI B1 would i do that entail (reading, writing, speaking and listening). Thanks.

please can i dm you? i also wanna do that b1 test for the same health sector visa...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 5:20pm On May 17, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Madam, you don't need to contact anybody.
The response you need is on this forum read from page 1 and you will get all the answer to your questions.

I needed a certain answer to some questions I posted Plz , what employment documents I and my husband needed to provide? What method we should use to pay ourself monthly income ? Fixed amount or in range amount ie 300k-350k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 6:07pm On May 17, 2021
Hello house,
How much does the covid test of day2 & day8 and the test to release cost and any recommend lab or clinic for the test?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 17, 2021
arizona20:

I am unable to understand fully what you have said but the pathway from being a student you want to stay back is student visa1 yr=post study 2yrs=work visa 5years =Indefinite leave to remain(ILR)1year=Permanent residency(PR).
Perhaps leave your friend and email the uni you intend to study in directly so someone from career advise will get back to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 6:11pm On May 17, 2021
bivoprad:
Hello house,
How much does the covid test of day2 & day8 and the test to release cost and any recommend lab or clinic for the test?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-of-day-2-and-day-8-coronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 17, 2021
mamawa123:
My sister has a biometrics appointment at the end of this week. I want to know if she needs to go with all the documents I uploaded to the application. I picked regular self service for her
Follow what it says on the document inviting her for biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 6:15pm On May 17, 2021
Greetings my good people.

My friend in the UK wants to invite the mom to the UK. At the moment, her residence permit has expired though she has paid and applied for residence permit renewal but it’s been months and the authorities have not issued the requested document. Can she still invite the mom over given the above situation?

Gurus, please respond�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tvegas(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2021
Success2011:
Greetings my good people.

My friend in the UK wants to invite the mom to the UK. At the moment, her residence permit has expired though she has paid and applied for residence. Can she still invite the mom over given the above situation?

Gurus, please respond�
Why cant she wait for the renewal to be ready to avoid complications?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.