Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455892 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awesomeplus: 6:03pm On May 31, 2021
Please guys, I did my biometric on May 26. I am trying to track the application from the ukvi website. When it redirects to tls website, it goes back to the beginning of biometric appointment like am starting from scratch. Has anyone else experienced this? It is already 5days for priority visa, is this a sign?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 6:15pm On May 31, 2021
I got a mail today ...but it was refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awesomeplus: 6:27pm On May 31, 2021
NiggaRoy22:
Did they tell you the reason?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:57pm On May 31, 2021
opomulero:

if opting for test to release, is it that you wont pay for d 2nd and 8th day test again?

or how is it of advantage as per money wise?
No!
If u want test to release on day 5, u must still pay for the compulsory day 2 and day 8 tests. Totaling 3 tests so I dnt understand myself why people are saying test to release up and down
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 31, 2021
owee:

Seriously considering the test to release option. Would children also need to take the tests? Hmmm @ £129 x each family member?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel
Children would need to take the test as well.
Do the maths and that would determine if you can take this option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:00pm On May 31, 2021
Jbaby09:
Thanks for your prompt response
So would you advise I change to 2 weeks (14 days) and opt for a test to release on day 3 or day 5?
Cos I also think 18 days is long
But for the self isolation
Please advise
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:01pm On May 31, 2021
owee:

How about the 5 day release ? Can this not be explored?
All the guidelines, the perfect watchword to follow is on the govt website, let us invest in reading that and taking the utmost opinion from there.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 7:02pm On May 31, 2021
Thanks so much.

Tutu82:

That’s a good time span.Remember Test to release cost between £99 and £149 so take this into consideration as your travel balance after ticket is £520 so it would further deplete to £420.
Enjoy your holiday in advance.x.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 7:04pm On May 31, 2021
Yes ooo. I pray so. Thanks

quote author=Nchabuomo post=102228627]

Okay. Great.

You might not even be required to quarantine by then if you are fully vaccinated (I'm speculating here)[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 31, 2021
giselle237:

No!
If u want test to release on day 5, u must still pay for the compulsory day 2 and day 8 tests. Totaling 3 tests so I dnt understand myself why people are saying test to release up and down
Financially it doesn’t make lots of sense as you must still do day 2 and 8 test.However if your Day 5 test to release comes out negative from Day 6 you are free to come out of isolation and go about your business.That’s why it’s still helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 8:15pm On May 31, 2021
Hello Fam, please we are in need of advice right now, my wife has been booked to write NCLEX-RN exam in London in August, but we don't know how much should reflect in her account before she apply for visa, and also how long will she stay in quarantine hotel before going to write the exam. Thank you, urgent please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 8:38pm On May 31, 2021
Also concerning my wife's NCLEX-RN exam in London, she has been vaccinated here against Covid-19, though only 1st dose waiting for 2nd dose, Will she be required to be quarantined?. Also if not for covid-19 her staying in London would only be for 3 days. Please we need answers Asap please. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:39pm On May 31, 2021
Juddy2018:
Hello Fam, please we are in need of advice right now, my wife has been booked to write NCLEX-RN exam in London in August, but we don't know how much should reflect in her account before she apply for visa, and also how long will she stay in quarantine hotel before going to write the exam. Thank you, urgent please.
I understand it is an exam but the visa officer will only grant a visa if she can prove beyond reasonable doubt tht she is not an intending overstayer.
They come to this conclusion by judging her home ties to Nigeria on the following but not limited to
Finances. How much is her disposable income monthly?
Marital ties
Motherly ties
Does she have any investment or asssets in her name
What will make her come back? Is her job a good paying one such tht she will not abandon it to go stay behind in the uk after the exams

U need to categorically cover the above.
So as u ask how much she needs to have in her acct.
u cnt do a lumps deposit in her acct, all her transactions will be checked. How much does she make monthly, how is her living condition etc.. with this they will decide whether to grant the visa or not. I also believe London is not the only exam centre.. thts the way eco thinks.. so why must he grant her visa to come to the uk and she ends up overstayin.. if u can tackle this bits.. then the visa will b given
If u as the husband will sponsor the trip, ur finances will also be judged and the overall picture looked at..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2021
NiggaRoy22:

they will definitely send refusal notice to the email used for ur application, ask the agent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 31, 2021
Juddy2018:
Also concerning my wife's NCLEX-RN exam in London, she has been vaccinated here against Covid-19, though only 1st dose waiting for 2nd dose, Will she be required to be quarantined?. Also if not for covid-19 her staying in London would only be for 3 days. Please we need answers Asap please. Thank you.

It does not matter that she has been vaccinated(The vaccine makes you less prone to covid that’s all not stop you from catching it).
She will shave to isolate for 10days that is the rule so if the exam is 3 days you best apply for 14days.
For the Registered nurse exam she has the option of US,Canada and Australia so in your additional information give reason why you choose London ie distance and cost.And as it is computerised testing are you sure it can’t be written in Nigeria as well?(Iv never heard of a Pearson vue in Nigeria to be fair).

For the Financial bit it it all boils down to you and like others have said her monthly income and such.
Do a bit more research on that exam before you apply.
Hope it all goes well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 9:12pm On May 31, 2021
giselle237:

I understand it is an exam but the visa officer will only grant a visa if she can prove beyond reasonable doubt tht she is not an intending overstayer.
They come to this conclusion by judging her home ties to Nigeria on the following but not limited to
Finances. How much is her disposable income monthly?
Marital ties
Motherly ties
Does she have any investment or asssets in her name
What will make her come back? Is her job a good paying one such tht she will not abandon it to go stay behind in the uk after the exams

U need to categorically cover the above.
So as u ask how much she needs to have in her acct.
u cnt do a lumps deposit in her acct, all her transactions will be checked. How much does she make monthly, how is her living condition etc.. with this they will decide whether to grant the visa or not. I also believe London is not the only exam centre.. thts the way eco thinks.. so why must he grant her visa to come to the uk and she ends up overstayin.. if u can tackle this bits.. then the visa will b given
If u as the husband will sponsor the trip, ur finances will also be judged and the overall picture looked at..
Thanks alot, her salary is 90k per month, she works in FMC, she has 3 kids, i do send more than 50k every month, my salary is not upto 250k per month. Another centre for the exam is in South Africa, but SA currently is denying Nigeria Nurses visa. Another centre is in Philippines but due to covid-19 is closed down. Please we need your advice on how to apply for a successful visa. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 9:19pm On May 31, 2021
Tutu82:

It does not matter that she has been vaccinated she will still have to isolate for 10days that is the rule so if the exam is 3 days you best apply for 14days.
For the Registered nurse exam she has the option of US,Canada and Australia so in your additional information give reason why you choose London ie distance and cost.And as it is computerised testing are you sure it can’t be written in Nigeria as well?.For the Financial bit it it all boils down to you and like others have said her monthly income and such.
Do a bit more research on that exam before you apply.
Hope it all goes well.
. Thanks for the advice, The US nursing licensor Exam NCLEX has only one centre in Africa, SA. And another option is Philippines, but is closed down due to covid-19. SA has been denying and delaying Nigeria Nurses visa. Alot of people have been frustrated. The don't alow Africans to come to US to write that exam. Thanks for your concern.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 31, 2021
Juddy2018:
. Thanks for the advice, The US nursing licensor Exam NCLEX has only one centre in Africa, SA. And another option is Philippines, but is closed down due to covid-19. SA has been denying and delaying Nigeria Nurses visa. Alot of people have been frustrated. The don't alow Africans to come to US to write that exam. Thanks for your concern.
Actually US has the highest number of Nigerian and Filipino nurses via that route and iv seen a few applications but i see what you mean.
Start sorting her application requirements ASAP as it’s only two months to the exam and there are delays due to the on going pandemic.Things always work out somehow.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:55pm On May 31, 2021
awesomeplus:
Please guys, I did my biometric on May 26. I am trying to track the application from the ukvi website. When it redirects to tls website, it goes back to the beginning of biometric appointment like am starting from scratch. Has anyone else experienced this? It is already 5days for priority visa, is this a sign?

Priority service - A decision will be made within 5 working days of your appointment at the visa application centre.

Today May 31st (Monday) is day 3 for you.

Working days is Monday through Friday (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays are not included).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 11:45pm On May 31, 2021
What was the reason for refusal, if you don’t mind post it let the gurus advice you.
NiggaRoy22:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by renew4life: 11:58pm On May 31, 2021
Cyclops33:
What was the reason for refusal, if you don’t mind post it let the gurus advice you.
Good question ...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Good morning ..

So for the test to release, do we pay before visa application? Or just state it in additional information that the option will be explored??

Cos I’ve reduced my vacation time to 11 days as opposed to 18 days and opt for test to release on day 6.

Also please asides a dollar or pounds card how else can we pay application fees?? Seeing there’s a limit on the NAIRA card

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 8:25am On Jun 01, 2021
Tutu82:

Actually US has the highest number of Nigerian and Filipino nurses via that route and iv seen a few applications but i see what you mean.
Start sorting her application requirements ASAP as it’s only two months to the exam and there are delays due to the on going pandemic.Things always work out somehow.
, please Gurus and friends, I'm really concerned about her account funding, that's the problem we are having now, I don't know how much should reflect on her account and we haven't done that yet. Because her salary per month is 90k. Please we need answers Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2021
Hello everyone, can I use email bank statement I downloaded from bank App as bank statement for visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ladybii: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2021
Please help

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2021
Juddy2018:
, please Gurus and friends, I'm really concerned about her account funding, that's the problem we are having now, I don't know how much should reflect on her account and we haven't done that yet. Because her salary per month is 90k. Please we need answers Thank you.
Don’t be overtly concerned or conclude it is a problem or it would actually become one.
If her salary every month shows 90k that’s still an income though low so she should print 3-6 months worth of statement just to show she earns her own money no matter how small.(The case worker wants to see some form of independence).
You then transfer at least 800k (£1,350)into her account and write a letter of consent saying you are her husband and are aware of her examination so have sent her .....amount on....date as financial sponsor for the trip to cover her return flight,accommodation and feeding.
The only reason why you need to transfer so much is because of the hotel quarantine most hotels/bed and breakfast charge an average of £45 daily plus you cannot use a youth hostel as other beds are in there for communal sleep therefore defeating the purpose of isolation.
(I hope she has documents and/or receipts as proof of the exam?).
So;
-Letter from her Job/Identity Card.
-3-6 months of her Statement of Account.
-Proof of hotel Accommodation.
-Exam documents/receipts.
-Signed Letter of consent from you.
-Marriage certificate & 2/3 wedding photos.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2021
Tutu82:

Don’t be overtly concerned or conclude it is a problem or it would actually become one.
If her salary every month shows 90k that’s still an income though low so she should print 3-6 months worth of statement just to show she earns her own money no matter how small.(The case worker wants to see some form of independence).
You then transfer at least 800k (£1,350)into her account and write a letter of consent saying you are her husband and are aware of her examination so have sent her .....amount on....date as financial sponsor for the trip to cover her return flight,accommodation and feeding.
The only reason why you need to transfer so much is because of the hotel quarantine most hotels/bed and breakfast charge an average of £45 daily plus you cannot use a youth hostel as other beds are in there for communal sleep therefore defeating the purpose of isolation.
(I hope she has documents and/or receipts as proof of the exam?).
So;
-Letter from her Job/Identity Card.
-3-6 months of her Statement of Account.
-Proof of hotel Accommodation.
-Exam documents/receipts.
-Signed Letter of consent from you.
-Marriage certificate & 2/3 wedding photos.
I hope this helps.
, thanks so much for I really appreciate. But I don't have such amount to transfer for her, how do I go about that?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2021
Juddy2018:
, thanks so much for I really appreciate. But I don't have such amount to transfer for her, how do I go about that?.

Option A:You can borrow off family and friends and lodge in your account till you get the sum then transfer it to her.(what is the current balance of her salary account?).

Option B:You can put her exam on hold till you can afford it.

Option C:Keep watching the news Isolation period may be reduced or cancelled completely then you will need way way less money.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2021
Tutu82:

Option A:You can borrow off family and friends and lodge in your account till you get the sum then transfer it to her.(what is the current balance of her salary account?).

Option B:You can put her exam on hold till you can afford it.

Option C:Keep watching the news Isolation period may be reduced or cancelled completely then you will need way way less money.
, ok thanks so much, please how much total expenses should she put for her staying 14 days ( estimate please). Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mmo1: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2021
hello house,

please I would be travelling to UK for 2 weeks tourist/vacation hopefully at the end of July or early August,
kindly help me with information which includes the process of applying and taking covid 19 test both in Nigeria and UK.
Including price and location.

thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by emmyclassic(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
TLS VI not working today. Its holiday
Hi, Have you picked up your passport now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.