Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455995 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:23am On May 31, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I don't honestly know, as I would need more context. Do you have accommodation already sorted?

No.
Want to use booking.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheirDad: 9:55am On May 31, 2021
Sanmigbola:
oanda.com is still valid

Thank youuuu.

[b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 9:58am On May 31, 2021
Okay like how much should I get. My daughter am traveling with is a year old and I have an invite letter. My salary is 265k monthly. My living cost is 60k leaving me with a disposable income of 205k. Like I read here I don't want to spend more than 2 months of my disposable income.

quote author=Tutu82 post=102217106]
Good morning,that’s straightforward.
2.My Partner/Husband
Not to rain on your parade but if this includes your ticket,is it possible for you to get a bit more funds as you have 600k which is only about £1050.[color=#550000][/color]
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 10:17am On May 31, 2021
Thanks for the response Nchabuomo.
Pls is 600k good to go for me and my one year daughter for 10 days.
My uncle will be accommodating us.
My salary is 265k, living cost 60k, disposable income 205k. Also do I need my husband bank statement since he is only supporting with 200k or my account statement is required only.

2. Yes
3. 200k[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:19am On May 31, 2021
No 8 day quarantine. Quarantine is 10days
TheirDad:

Thank youuuu.

1. After Tax Pay

So, after tax pay is ca. N1,014,000 and after deduction for co-operative receivable is ca. 850K which would i input in the box for after tax pay in my application? N1mln or N.850k?

2. Again, I am submitting 4 accounts, do they need to be stamped by the Banks ?

3. Plus, is it a problem if i submit 6mths pay slip and 3mths bank accounts ??

4. Finally, please tell me what i am missing in my proposed submission

6mths Payment slip
Letter of confirmation of employment from firm stating annual salary
3mths statement of account (Salary and savings with net funding of about N4.7mln
4mn confirmation of investment funds in fixed income securities , which makes a total savings of about (8.7mn)
Cover Letter
Hotel booking for 18 days (8 day quarantine and 10 days going out)
Proposed budget to be stated in cover letter is like GBP2,000.
Have family in the U.K but not using them for IV or anything, just going on summer holiday and would link up with my old colleagues and niece during my stay.

Please am i in order ?

Visited last in 2017 for business purposes, denied 2014 cause of insufficiency of funds. Would the above be sufficient?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:20am On May 31, 2021
Sanmigbola:

No.
Want to use booking.com

Okay then explore booking. com. Also keep in mind that some countries have a stipulated daily subsistence requirement tourists should have per day.

I don't know if the UK has one but you can use the EU rate as a standard ( between €45-€90).

It seems like a tight budget but I think it's fine really.

Don't do a financial breakdown though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:23am On May 31, 2021
Chpelu:
Thanks for the response Nchabuomo.
Pls is 600k good to go for me and my one year daughter for 10 days.
My uncle will be accommodating us.
My salary is 265k, living cost 60k, disposable income 205k. Also do I need my husband bank statement since he is only supporting with 200k or my account statement is required only.

2. Yes
3. 200k

When do you intend to travel? Will you quarantine for the whole duration of the trip? If the 200k is already in your possession then there's no need to add your husbands account statement. Just highlight that he sent you the funds on so so date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheirDad: 10:24am On May 31, 2021
giselle237:

That is noted and not a problem, I am happy to apply for 20days. Are you able to comment on the other issues highlighted ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:31am On May 31, 2021
[quote author=Chpelu post=102221102]Okay like how much should I get. My daughter am traveling with is a year old and I have an invite letter. My salary is 265k monthly. My living cost is 60k leaving me with a disposable income of 205k. Like I read here I don't want to spend more than 2 months of my disposable income.

Since you already have accommodation and your little one doesn’t need her own full ticket then you should be alright.Let’s say ticket is 300k+ that leaves you with another 300k for spending that’s £520.

There is no rule that says you can’t spend more than 2 months of your disposable income but yes you need to be reasonable as no one spends all they have on one holiday.

How long is your travel for?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:44am On May 31, 2021
TheirDad:

Thank youuuu.

1. After Tax Pay

So, after tax pay is ca. N1,014,000 and after deduction for co-operative receivable is ca. 850K which would i input in the box for after tax pay in my application? N1mln or N.850k?

6mths Payment slip
3mths statement of account (Salary and savings with net funding of about N4.7mln
4mn confirmation of investment funds in fixed income securities , which makes a total savings of about (8.7mn)
Cover Letter
Have family in the U.K but not using them for IV or anything, just going on summer holiday and would link up with my old colleagues and niece during my stay.

Please am i in order ?

Visited last in 2017 for business purposes, denied 2014 cause of insufficiency of funds. Would the above be sufficient?

The norm is 6 months payslips plus bank statement for 6 months but this doesn’t mean you can’t get it with a bank statement less than 6 months because I am a living witness. I obtained my first visa with a 4 month statement of account.

The after tax will be N1,014,000. You can also add your cooperative savings statement. Also I don’t know what you meant by term cooperative receivable because receivables are money due to be paid to a company by its customers. It is better to term your cooperative savings as Voluntary employees cooperative savings.

Is your salary 1m naira a month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 11:11am On May 31, 2021
Thanks tutu82. I intend to spend 15 days cause I will be using test to release.

quote author=Tutu82 post=102222236][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 12:07pm On May 31, 2021
I intend to travel in October. My total days will be 15 days because I will be using test to release.

Nchabuomo:

When do you intend to travel? Will you quarantine for the whole duration of the trip? If the 200k is already in your possession then there's no need to add your husbands account statement. Just highlight that he sent you the funds on so so date

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:54pm On May 31, 2021
Chpelu:
I intend to travel in October. My total days will be 15 days because I will be using test to release.

Okay. Great.

You might not even be required to quarantine by then if you are fully vaccinated (I'm speculating here)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 2:00pm On May 31, 2021
Hello Fam .

Please I need answers and guidance

1: I’m a Canadian COPr holder but by the time I’ll done applying for a UK visa, it would expired. So do I state it anywhere in my application that I have an approved PR application?? Though I can’t see where to state that.

2. I made a booking for 18 nights would that suffice??

3. Typically please what has been the response time?

Thanks in anticipation.::
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 31, 2021
Chpelu:
Thanks tutu82. I intend to spend 15 days cause I will be using test to release.

quote author=Tutu82 post=102222236]
That’s a good time span.Remember Test to release cost between £99 and £149 so take this into consideration as your travel balance after ticket is £520 so it would further deplete to £420.
Enjoy your holiday in advance.x.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 3:54pm On May 31, 2021
Hello everyone,
I intend to spend 8days in the UK(test to release on the 5th day) for the purpose of writing and exam, no tourism whatsoever, will estimated money to be spent on the trip as 600k be okay?

I indicated that my sponsor will be paying 1.5m towards the trip but she transferred 1m to my account and I put that in addition to that, she will be paying for my roundtrip flight, feeding & accommodation. Is that okay? Or I should change the 1.5m I put in the amount she will be paying towards the trip to 1m since it is 1m she sent to my account.

My mother sent 200k to my account some days back in order to pay for the visa application and do some other things, do I have to explain that or does she need to write a letter about that?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 31, 2021
Jbaby09:
Hello Fam .

Please I need answers and guidance

1: I’m a Canadian COPr holder but by the time I’ll done applying for a UK visa, it would expired. So do I state it anywhere in my application that I have an approved PR application?? Though I can’t see where to state that.

2. I made a booking for 18 nights would that suffice??

3. Typically please what has been the response time?

Thanks in anticipation.::
18 nights is a long time to go away on holiday but fine if you have a particular reason like work bringing you here.
Your Canadian COpr would have expired so technically you don’t have a pr but you should state it in additional information to show your travel experience.
Typical response time is as early as a week to three months.
Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 31, 2021
bivoprad:
Hello everyone,
I intend to spend 8days in the UK(test to release on the 5th day) for the purpose of writing and exam, no tourism whatsoever, will estimated money to be spent on the trip as 600k be okay?

I indicated that my sponsor will be paying 1.5m towards the trip but she transferred 1m to my account and I put that in addition to that, she will be paying for my roundtrip flight, feeding & accommodation. Is that okay? Or I should change the 1.5m I put in the amount she will be paying towards the trip to 1m since it is 1m she sent to my account.

My mother sent 200k to my account some days back in order to pay for the visa application and do some other things, do I have to explain that or does she need to write a letter about that?
Thanks
Keep your information consistent as the caseworker is looking for loopholes.You just stated 1.5m and you have only 1m sent to your account that’s two different figures.Simple complications like this lead to refusals.

If your mother sent 200k to your account and your sponsor paid 1m(how is this sponsor related to you?)into your account write their name under the question is anyone else paying towards your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 4:09pm On May 31, 2021
Okay thanks
The sponsor is my biological sister. I should change the money she's paying towards the trip as 1m and indicate that she paid for my flight, feeding and accommodation as well, right?
The 200k my mother sent is not really towards the trip, its for payment of the visa application fee, transportation fee to Lagos and the likes

and do the ECO really check with that bank to confirm how much is really in the applicant bank account?
Tutu82:

Keep your information consistent as the caseworker is looking for loopholes.You just stated 1.5m and you have only 1m sent to your account that’s two different figures.Simple complications like this lead to refusals.

If your mother sent 200k to your account and your sponsor paid 1m(how is this sponsor related to you?)into your account write their name under the question is anyone else paying towards your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 31, 2021
TheirDad:

Thank youuuu.

1. After Tax Pay

6mths Payment slip
Cover Letter

Please am i in order ?

Hi.You do not need to disclose that you have family in the uk unless you have a letter of invitation to stay with them.You have a hotel booking already so you are purely a tourist leave it that way.

You should avoid submitting 6months payslip then show only 3 months bank account how would the case officer confirm the other 3 payslips was actually paid to you?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 4:13pm On May 31, 2021
I selected 18nights as per 10 days quarantine/self isolation.

Or aren’t we supposed to quarantine/self isolate for 10days?? I saw someone here got refused cos the V.O said the 10 days he planned on saying is just enough for isolation.

Also please what’s this test to release I see ooo

Please advise

Tutu82:

18 nights is a long time to go away on holiday but fine if you have a particular reason like work bringing you here.
Your Canadian COpr would have expired so technically you don’t have a pr but you should state it in additional information to show your travel experience.
Typical response time is as early as a week to three months.
Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 31, 2021
bivoprad:
Okay thanks
The sponsor is my biological sister. I should change the money she's paying towards the trip as 1m and indicate that she paid for my flight, feeding and accommodation as well, right?
The 200k my mother sent is not really towards the trip, its for payment of the visa application fee, transportation fee to Lagos and the likes

and do the ECO really check with that bank to confirm how much is really in the applicant bank account?

You’ve answered your own question the money is 1million not 1.5million.

If you say she paid for your flight you have to show an actually return ticket except you mean it is what the 1m is for.

If she is accommodating you then you show a letter of invitation from her with her data page,rent or mortgage contract and council Tax bill or gas/electricity water bill.(Avoid phone bills and nhs letters).

The 200k is still towards the visa process and will show in your bank account so.....
Yes they really check bank account but Ild let you into an open secret(Randomly not everyone!.Have you noticed a few people forget to add their statements but are still approved visa).They have a lot on their plate so if it’s iffy or they haven’t met their quota for the day they confirm immediately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 31, 2021
Jbaby09:
I selected 18nights as per 10 days quarantine/self isolation.

Or aren’t we supposed to quarantine/self isolate for 10days?? I saw someone here got refused cos the V.O said the 10 days he planned on saying is just enough for isolation.

Also please what’s this test to release I see ooo

Please advise

Test to release means you take a test to get out of isolation a few days earlier.
I did not take the Isolation into consideration my brain calculated wrong.
We going on June already and Boris Johnson speaks month end on the virus so we knows isolation may be scrapped totally depending on a few variables.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 4:31pm On May 31, 2021
Thanks for your prompt response

So would you advise I change to 2 weeks (14 days) and opt for a test to release on day 3 or day 5?

Cos I also think 18 days is long

But for the self isolation

Please advise

Thank you
Tutu82:

Test to release means you take a test to get out of isolation a few days earlier.
I did not take the Isolation into consideration my brain calculated wrong.
We going on June already and Boris Johnson speaks month end on the virus so we knows isolation may be scrapped totally depending on a few variables.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 31, 2021
Jbaby09:
Thanks for your prompt response

So would you advise I change to 2 weeks (14 days) and opt for a test to release on day 3 or day 5?

Cos I also think 18 days is long

But for the self isolation

Please advise

Thank you
I cannot advise you to change your dates but i can tell you that Test to release is day 5 so if it’s negative on day 6 you are free to roam around.

I can also say that £129 (74K)you will pay for it,you can use to shop in Primark and buy gifts like chocolates/Souvenirs for people back home....or go to the stadium as i know you men and your football!!!.So you choose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 4:54pm On May 31, 2021
nellytivities:
Oh! Thanks for responding.. I’ve not come here in a while. Any luck?

Hi,

I and my family were all given the visas. So I would say that conversation was a good one as it might have given the consular officer some comfort to grant us the visas.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 4:55pm On May 31, 2021
Can I please private chat you ?

Thank you .::

Tutu82:

I cannot advise you to change your dates but i can tell you that Test to release is day 5 so if it’s negative on day 6 you are free to roam around.

I can also say that £129 (74K)you will pay for it,you can use to shop in Primark and buy gifts like chocolates/Souvenirs for people back home....or go to the stadium as i know you men and your football!!!.So you choose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 4:57pm On May 31, 2021
giselle237:

How about the 5 day release ? Can this not be explored?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 4:59pm On May 31, 2021
Tutu82:

Seriously considering the test to release option. Would children also need to take the tests? Hmmm @ £129 x each family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oladotunfelix2: 5:29pm On May 31, 2021
Pls is 900-1k pd is ok for 17days

10days isolation
7days for tourist

Nchabuomo:

No. You also don't need to show a breakdown of your expenditure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2021
owee:

Seriously considering the test to release option. Would children also need to take the tests? Hmmm @ £129 x each family member?

if opting for test to release, is it that you wont pay for d 2nd and 8th day test again?

or how is it of advantage as per money wise?

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.