Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444486 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Legend1145:
Pls I can find the tracking option on the TLScontact website.

After you completed your application you got an email. Open the email and log back to your application. Click on the provide biometrics tab. You will see your details including appointment date, upload document tab then track application. Click on track application.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by richdopeboi: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
HELP!!! Hi house I need some clarification regarding the cost of priority for visitors visa and self service. How much is it for priority visitors visa .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by codedarrow: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
Priority for Victoria Island TLS center is £220. Self service + Prime appointment 37k+
richdopeboi:
HELP!!! Hi house I need some clarification regarding the cost of priority for visitors visa and self service. How much is it for priority visitors visa .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jjmk(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
Tutu82:

So she would provide you a letter of invitation, Data page/proof of British citizenship,council Tax/electric or gas bill and payslips/work letter.
All you need really is return ticket and miscellaneous which would be under £900/522K.
Thats just about half your savings which is a huge chunk to blow just to be able to look around for 4 days but you are eligible as you have someone to take care of you and have some money of your own.
The outcome can go either way.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2021
Hello House,

Please I need information about the covid testings when travelling to the UK. I'm aware of negative test to board flights to UK. I'm also aware of the day 2 and 8 tests. I know I have to show a prebooked test on the site when returning back to Nigeria. I need clarification if I need to also show a negative test to board flights from UK to Nigeria and is there any test I'm missing out?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2021
Aibisoye0:
Hello House,

Please I need information about the covid testings when travelling to the UK. I'm aware of negative test to board flights to UK. I'm also aware of the day 2 and 8 tests. I know I have to show a prebooked test on the site when returning back to Nigeria. I need clarification if I need to also show a negative test to board flights from UK to Nigeria and is there any test I'm missing out?

Thank you
When travelling to the uk you need to have a negative PCR test and a filled passenger locator form.To arrange a test from Nigeria there are quite a lot of centres scattered round the country.

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/

Also, to board a flight from uk to Nigeria you need to show a negative PCR test with a 72hour window.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 8:58am On Jun 14, 2021
Please for those doing biometric in VI, island, is there any charges they give for using VI centres, I know that Ikeja doesn't charge, .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2021
shocked shocked shocked

Thanks

Chai 5 tests...my nose go don comot by the time I'm done with this holiday.

Must the day 2 and 8 tests be booked and paid for from Nigeria and evidence shown at UK Border? or can be booked and payment made at the selected labs in the UK?

Tutu82:

When travelling to the uk you need to have a negative PCR test and a filled passenger locator form.To arrange a test from Nigeria there are quite a lot of centres scattered round the country.

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/privatelabs/

Also, to board a flight from uk to Nigeria you need to show a negative PCR test with a 72hour window.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by codedarrow: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2021
£55
monchat:
Please for those doing biometric in VI, island, is there any charges they give for using VI centres, I know that Ikeja doesn't charge, .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
Aibisoye0:
shocked shocked shocked

Thanks
Chai 5 tests...my nose go don comot by the time I'm done with this holiday.
Must the day 2 and 8 tests be booked and paid for from Nigeria and evidence shown at UK Border? or can be booked and payment made at the selected labs in the UK?
u must book ur day 2 and day 8 tests, retrieve the reference number and fill it on ur passenger locator form— if not u are on your own if denied entry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sesther(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello house, what are the basic documents to go with for TB test in lagos?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uwaire: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
Good day everyone,
I just want to find out for those who submitted their documents on their own, did you go to the bank and print out copies and scan yourself. I am using my phone to apply, don’t know how possible
Pls help. Thankd
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RipMorosini: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
sesther:
Hello house, what are the basic documents to go with for TB test in lagos?
Thanks

International passport
Appointment letter and
Proof of payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mariam17: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello House,

Please I need some advise. My husband is trying to re-apply for a 6 month visit visa, he has been refused before and reasons had to do with finances. They mentioned we didn't show enough proof to show his source of income. He submitted his CAC, 6 Months bank statements both company and personal which showed he was paying himself a salary. His business is SME with sales of products ranging from 6k-20k with daily credits as he makes sales every day. He also does side businesses here and there like buying and selling of phones and accessories, building websites and payments for these are deposited in his account but he was not able to show more proof on how the payments were received even though he wrote a covering letter explaining all this. He also did not intend to spend from his company account which he clearly stated and had a closing balance of over 2m in his personal account with no lodging and transactions of each sale or repair of gadgets are clearly stated in his personal bank statements but I don't think the visa officer took time to read the statement line by line. I think they wanted invoices and receipts of every single transaction even though it's a side business.

We intend to re-apply again to travel in November as a family what proof can we include for finances. Also my daughter and I are both British citizens but we live here because I work here and my husband's business is here. Will this affect our application, as they may think he intends to stay there. What else can we show as proof that he is going to return. I will appreciate advise and suggestions please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sesther(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2021
RipMorosini:

International passport
Appointment letter and
Proof of payment

I forgot to use my intl password number as reference in the payment. I hope this won't raise issue?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsJoycey1: 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Tutu82:

I put that up there so you can study eligibility criteria as i don’t quite understand if you are employed by the Nigerian govt or the uk govt as you say you have a Cos.Plus you are a little vague on the grant is it to study or for research purposes.I feel if you have a scholarship technically you are a student and not a highly skilled worker(No disrespect to your field).
Do you have a CAS or a COS?.

Thanks again Tutu..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiksO21: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hi good evening, I and my daughter are also British and my husband Nigerian. Can I ask what documents you submitted? My husband just collected his second UK visa, maybe you can add more documentation (depending on what was submitted)

mariam17:
Hello House,

Please I need some advise. My husband is trying to re-apply for a 6 month visit visa, he has been refused before and reasons had to do with finances. They mentioned we didn't show enough proof to show his source of income. He submitted his CAC, 6 Months bank statements both company and personal which showed he was paying himself a salary. His business is SME with sales of products ranging from 6k-20k with daily credits as he makes sales every day. He also does side businesses here and there like buying and selling of phones and accessories, building websites and payments for these are deposited in his account but he was not able to show more proof on how the payments were received even though he wrote a covering letter explaining all this. He also did not intend to spend from his company account which he clearly stated and had a closing balance of over 2m in his personal account with no lodging and transactions of each sale or repair of gadgets are clearly stated in his personal bank statements but I don't think the visa officer took time to read the statement line by line. I think they wanted invoices and receipts of every single transaction even though it's a side business.

We intend to re-apply again to travel in November as a family what proof can we include for finances. Also my daughter and I are both British citizens but we live here because I work here and my husband's business is here. Will this affect our application, as they may think he intends to stay there. What else can we show as proof that he is going to return. I will appreciate advise and suggestions please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RipMorosini: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
sesther:

I forgot to use my intl password number as reference in the payment. I hope this won't raise issue?
Thanks
Not at all, but don’t forget to come with your international passport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mariam17: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello, thanks for the response. He submitted the following documents;

-CAC Docs
-6 months Personal and Company Bank Statement
-Pay slips (he pays himself a salary)
-Cover Letter
-Itinerary
-Letter of Invite from friend for where he was going to stay

Reason for refusal was he did not show enough proof to validate his source of income. We assumed CAC and bank statements was more than enough.

NiksO21:
Hi good evening, I and my daughter are also British and my husband Nigerian. Can I ask what documents you submitted? My husband just collected his second UK visa, maybe you can add more documentation (depending on what was submitted)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adegunko: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
Good evening house; please I made some expenses on my account for office expenses please what evidence do I need to show.. And my coy always refund me back..due to my job..Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adegunko: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
Good evening house; please I made some expenses on my account for office expenses please what evidence do I need to show.. And my coy always refund me back..due to my job..Thank you .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiksO21: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
Honestly that’s not enough,

He should add your marriage certificate, your British data page, your child’s birth certificate and your child’s British data page too. It wouldn’t make sense for him to overstay a 6 months visiting visa when he can potentially get a spousal visa if you decide to move back to the UK and get a job.

I also included my work documents (I’m British) so they can see I have a job here and don’t plan to live in England with my husband right now, and if I do decide to, it wouldn’t be to over stay a visiting visa.

This has worked for us both times.

mariam17:
Hello, thanks for the response. He submitted the following documents;

-CAC Docs
-Cover Letter
-Itinerary

Reason for refusal was he did not show enough proof to validate his source of income. We assumed CAC and bank statements was more than enough.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
[quote author=mariam17 post=102725635]Hello, thanks for the response. He submitted the following documents;

-CAC Docs
-Cover Letter
-Itinerary

To my own point of view I think your husband side business is not showing proof to validate his source of income not the main business ? Because CAC and company account is enough to proof the source of income, even some people applying with only personal account without company account and they are issued a visa

Maybe you should posted the refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinkwin: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hello
This is on behalf of a friend, she wants to invite her parents to see her newborn and spend time with her newborn. Her mum has been here before though years ago but her dad is his first time. She wants to know if the application should be separate application cos there is no place on the visa application it says to apply together. And if it’s a separate application , does she have to use two separate emails as she is the one doing the both application and how does she get them same appointment dates for them to submit their application as a family. Your help will be muc needed. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:33am On Jun 15, 2021
Hello gurus,

I hope someone can help me with this 1 question....as a business owner intending to apply for visitors Visa, should a secretary write an introduction to the embassy for me or I can simply write the Introduction letter myself as the owner of the business?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:18am On Jun 15, 2021
rebless:
Hello gurus,

I hope someone can help me with this 1 question....as a business owner intending to apply for visitors Visa, should a secretary write an introduction to the embassy for me or I can simply write the Introduction letter myself as the owner of the business?

Thank you.

Personal opinion: it doesn't matter who writes it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by renew4life: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2021
Luxxycool:
Good evening house, thanks for always helping out. My girl went for her biometrics today for tier 2 visa. Now she is bothered because she is not sure her iom certificate was scanned because it was returned to her before scanning. My question is, in case it wasn't scanned, will UKVI request for it before taking a decision or her application will just be refused based on non inclusion? Should an email be put through to them or she should just relax?
. I have someone also in need of Answer to this ..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kinkwin: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Kinkwin:
Hello
This is on behalf of a friend, she wants to invite her parents to see her newborn and spend time with her newborn. Her mum has been here before though years ago but her dad is his first time. She wants to know if the application should be separate application cos there is no place on the visa application it says to apply together. And if it’s a separate application , does she have to use two separate emails as she is the one doing the both application and how does she get them same appointment dates for them to submit their application as a family. Your help will be muc needed. Thank you

Please I really need help to this question , please thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by richdopeboi: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2021
You can apply together it is a straight forward application they are both elderly going to see their child .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by richdopeboi: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2021
Hey guys can I still pay for Uk visit visa via tls after paying for the appointment I would like to pay for priority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.