Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447654 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Not sure I have come across that term on UK visa form. Which section?

Sorry I meant VAF.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2021
Sanmigbola:

Sorry I meant VAF.

Should mean visa application form but I could be wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2021
Hello, house trying to assist my sister inlaw, please is there any cheaper hotel in London that has free cancellation, she said that her agent said that all hotels in London are charging and no free cancellation. the agent is charging plenty of money to book a hotel for her. Kindly assist. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2021
justwise:

That is exactly what you need to do

Thank you @justwise, another thing is I can’t even remember if I had one to be honest because I worked only in 2009 and it’s been really long , I can’t remember most things that happened then, is it possible to work without an NI number, I called my school I worked with to ask for my payslips and they said they don’t keep payslips for More than 7 years, so right now I am confused. Can I simply explain in the application that I can’t remember if I have an Ni number because it’s been long I worked in the uk and my former place of work don’t keep payslips for more than 7years.

@sincerechic
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jibs3: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2021
Can i use someone else's dollar card to make the visa fee payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2021
Yes
jibs3:
Can i use someone else's dollar card to make the visa fee payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
They currently have flight schedules from Lagos to Heathrow UK, but I need someone who have used their services recently as a guide.

Hi, I used them in Dec 2019 to return Jan 2020 and after that I vowed never to go near them again. Yes it's cheap and you get what you pay for. However the planes are small, old, dirty especially the one going and coming to Nigeria from casablanca. Ensure you carry your tablet or phone for entertainment as there is none on board only if you're lucky and they Change your plane like they did going from Casablanca to London due to high traffic as it was December.

I was worried about their baggage handling as I saw so many horror stories online and that they had terrible customer service which is true.

So my advise if traveling with your family avoid...if going alone to you can try it but carry minimal luggage and put important stuff in your hand luggage. And of course. If your hand luggage is big they will collect it at the gate to check in as the plane is small. So prepare yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2021
This a very bad review. I am just considering them for now and still searching for cheap BritishAirways.
Thanks
Aibisoye0:

Hi, I used them in Dec 2019 to return Jan 2020 and after that I vowed never to go near them again. Yes it's cheap and you get what you pay for. However the planes are small, old, dirty especially the one going and coming to Nigeria from casablanca. Ensure you carry your tablet or phone for entertainment as there is none on board only if you're lucky and they Change your plane like they did going from Casablanca to London due to high traffic as it was December.

I was worried about their baggage handling as I saw so many horror stories online and that they had terrible customer service which is true.

So my advise if traveling with your family avoid...if going alone to you can try it but carry minimal luggage and put important stuff in your hand luggage. And of course. If your hand luggage is big they will collect it at the gate to check in as the plane is small. So prepare yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Orofun1: 10:45am On Jun 17, 2021
Why not use wakanow.com, I saw one way this morning for September #200k
Lifeisgoody:
This a very bad review. I am just considering them for now and still searching for cheap BritishAirways.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2021
Blackfinegirl:

Thank you @justwise, another thing is I can’t even remember if I had one to be honest because I worked only in 2009 and it’s been really long , I can’t remember most things that happened then, is it possible to work without an NI number, I called my school I worked with to ask for my payslips and they said they don’t keep payslips for More than 7 years, so right now I am confused. Can I simply explain in the application that I can’t remember if I have an Ni number because it’s been long I worked in the uk and my former place of work don’t keep payslips for more than 7years.

@sincerechic

That is perfectly ok and yes you can work without NI for certain period of time until you get one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 10:55am On Jun 17, 2021
My main problem now is I'm travelling in July because of my annual leave date
Orofun1:
Why not use wakanow.com, I saw one way this morning for September #200k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Thanks

Try Virgin...what I did was to use the calender feature to get the best deal as they are running promo currently and I just purchased for my family. Once you get that day open wakanow, travelstart, travelbeta. Put that same exact date and buy from the cheapest provider. Hope it helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 11:25am On Jun 17, 2021
Thanks bro.
I have done that, but my problem is July travel date due to my annual leave
You can also help send the link
Aibisoye0:

Try Virgin...what I did was to use the calender feature to get the best deal as they are running promo currently and I just purchased for my family. Once you get that day open wakanow, travelstart, travelbeta. Put that same exact date and buy from the cheapest provider. Hope it helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Should mean visa application form but I could be wrong.

You are right actually
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Check British Airways....i got lucky after i had to cancel my Turkish payment

Lifeisgoody:
My main problem now is I'm travelling in July because of my annual leave date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by abby2443: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hello great minds.

So I’m now in the UK on tier 4 student visa. I applied as single but after I got my Visa I got married before traveling. About four weeks ago, I filled a change of circumstance form coupled with wedding pictures and other throwbacks and sent to home office so as to update them about my marital status. Up till now I haven’t heard from them and I hope to apply for my wife’s visa (tier 4 partner dependant) by first or second week of July. Justwise and co please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by anikejummy: 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
someone please respond...ejoor

anikejummy:
good afternoon everyone, please I need guidance on this. my old parent and I will like to visit my brother in Manchester, he will write an invite for us and also accommodate and feed us during our stay. my dad would sponsor the trip for 3 of us. he is a businessman. please how do we go about the application, do we apply as a family or apply as individuals and please what documents do we need to for this applications.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jyde1234: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hi everyone, please I want to ask if it’s possible to change from one submission center to another . I picked UKVi then I noticed an additional fee of £55 aside from the 11,700.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by codedarrow: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sorry to hear this, but there no way you can choose otherwise. TLS Victoria Island attract 55£ + Prime time appointment of #37,000 + Assistant service of #11,700
Jyde1234:
Hi everyone, please I want to ask if it’s possible to change from one submission center to another . I picked UKVi then I noticed an additional fee of £55 aside from the 11,700.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
monchat:
Hello, house trying to assist my sister inlaw, please is there any cheaper hotel in London that has free cancellation, she said that her agent said that all hotels in London are charging and no free cancellation. the agent is charging plenty of money to book a hotel for her. Kindly assist. Thank you.

Try booking.com

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
Jyde1234:

I believe the only option is to cancel your application then apply for refund. The refund takes up to 2 weeks.

You can apply immediately again after the cancellation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
justwise:

That is perfectly ok and yes you can work without NI for certain period of time until you get one

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by humblemoi: 12:09am On Jun 18, 2021
Hi guys, is it possible for one to embark on a 5 days trip to Nigeria?

How would doing covid tests impact such a trip? I hear there are some rules around doing post arrival covid test in Nigeria and covid test to be done before departing Nigeria.

Can anyone please help explain how this could work?

Any explanation will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 2:55am On Jun 18, 2021
Good morning all. I was refused visa in April with my family. I want to reapply again to travel with my baby alone in December. My leave letter and visa application stated I will be going on my 21 days leave, because of the refusal I didn't go for 21 days leave. I only went for 5 days. I reserved the remaining 16 days for next holiday. How will I address this on my next visa application that it won't be an issue for me. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mackelson: 5:55am On Jun 18, 2021
Morning guys. Please can electronic statement of account (unsigned) be used or just the printed signed copy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Mackelson:
Morning guys. Please can electronic statement of account (unsigned) be used or just the printed signed copy?

Yes you can use the electronic copy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2021
humblemoi:
Hi guys, is it possible for one to embark on a 5 days trip to Nigeria?

How would doing covid tests impact such a trip? I hear there are some rules around doing post arrival covid test in Nigeria and covid test to be done before departing Nigeria.

Can anyone please help explain how this could work?

Any explanation will be appreciated.

Are you fully vaccinated? Ideally, you need to take an post arrival COVID-19 test on day 7 and a departure test latest 72hrs before your trip. If you are fully vaccinated you might be able to make your case to authorities why you can test earlier
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:05am On Jun 18, 2021
Chpelu:
Good morning all. I was refused visa in April with my family. I want to reapply again to travel with my baby alone in December. My leave letter and visa application stated I will be going on my 21 days leave, because of the refusal I didn't go for 21 days leave. I only went for 5 days. I reserved the remaining 16 days for next holiday. How will I address this on my next visa application that it won't be an issue for me. Thanks

You don't need to address it. Just say you are going for 16 days. I personally have never attached any proof of leave. Rather focus on addressing the issues that led to you being denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by humblemoi: 7:24am On Jun 18, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Are you fully vaccinated? Ideally, you need to take an post arrival COVID-19 test on day 7 and a departure test latest 72hrs before your trip. If you are fully vaccinated you might be able to make your case to authorities why you can test earlier

Yes, fully vaxed. Only thing is one won't be in the city for 7 days to do that day 7 test
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2021
humblemoi:

Yes, fully vaxed. Only thing is one won't be in the city for 7 days to do that day 7 test

Lol well this isn't their problem is it? 7days is just 2 more days to add to 5 days. But try sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Awelelynda: 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2021
I was refused on this grounds I don’t even know what to do next, can I reapply? What am I supposed to do right, please someone help me out

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bangin: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
If my wife and I have different biometric dates and we want to have it done on the same day, can I go on with my own appointment while she walks in with me and pay 42k?

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.