Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445430 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Your budget is okay
But, have you considered paying N1.3m (£1,700) for a mandatory Government regulated hotel for travellers from Nigeria? Check this link.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

terryjrmicheal:
Hello, The very experienced in the room.
Am applying for a standard Visit visa.
1st time UK application.

15days vacation.
My budget:
Hotel (15days) - 250k
Flight(Return ticket) - 350k
Feeding/Others-150k.

Is this proposed budget ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2021
Lifeisgoody:
Your budget is okay
But, have you considered paying N1.3m (£1,700) for a mandatory Government regulated hotel for travellers from Nigeria? Check this link.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

But Nigeria isn't on the red list. Also if the "gist" is anything to go by the UK might be relaxing quarantine protocols for fully vaccinated travellers (on the assumption that they're fully vaccinated)

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moyin29: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2021
Hello Sunray,

Your 4m is not realistic as covid test alone will take a chunk of your money.
Depending on the age of your children less than 2 doesn’t require a test
Each of you will do atleast 5 covid test(2 in Nigeria 50k each and 2 in Uk(day 2 and cool £220 and another one to fly back) 220k for each of you

Expect you are not planning to go now
Sunrays:
Hi

Please I want to apply for UK tourist visa for my family of 6 for 21 days.

I have a distant relative in the UK but I can't get her details or invitation so I'm opting for "No relative". I got an accommodation on booking.com for 1.35M for 21 nights

I have savings of around 8M (over 6 months statement of account available) and my budget for this trip is 4M. Source of income is my business (my savings account shows transfers I have been sending from my business account)

I am self employed and I have my business documents.

My spouse is employed and earns about 350k monthly.

What do you guys think about my profile?

Accommodation: 1.35M
Flight: 1.45M
Covid tests: about 300k
Feeding and tour: 1M

Please will this budget fly?
Will having no relative be an issue?

I don't want to waste my time and money. Your inputs are welcome. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cannary: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning all,

I got admission to a university in estonia but they don't have an embassy in Nigeria. I have gotten an appointment with the estonia embassy in UK.

Please I need advice going through UK:
1. I am going to use my sponsor who is uncle with different surname
2. I don't have a blood relative in UK but I have a friend who would be inviting me

With the above, can I still consider the UK or I should use another country that has estonia embassy,if yes?

1. Should I and my Friend who is inviting me state that I will be visiting the estonia embassy
2. Please what are the documents I would need to submit and also what documents would my sponsor, my Friend who would be inviting me submit

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2021
cannary:
Good morning all,

I got admission to a university in estonia but they don't have an embassy in Nigeria. I have gotten an appointment with the estonia embassy in UK.

Please I need advice going through UK:
1. I am going to use my sponsor who is uncle with different surname
2. I don't have a blood relative in UK but I have a friend who would be inviting me

With the above, can I still consider the UK or I should use another country that has estonia embassy,if yes?

1. Should I and my Friend who is inviting me state that I will be visiting the estonia embassy
2. Please what are the documents I would need to submit and also what documents would my sponsor, my Friend who would be inviting me submit

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

I thought VFS and German/Belgium embassy does consulate services on behalf of Estonia in Nigeria? Except if there is another reason for your trip, makes no sense to spend so much for what can be done locally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cannary: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2021
iyatrustee:

I thought VFS and German/Belgium embassy does consulate services on behalf of Estonia in Nigeria? Except if there is another reason for your trip, makes no sense to spend so much for what can be done locally.

I just heard of this, from the admission letter, they said we should visit a country that has an estonian embassy and everyone thta got the admission both present and previous travel to another country, please do you know anybody that has done through them, please I need the info, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cannary: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
iyatrustee:

I just checked this out,they only do for short trips, the visa I am applying for it's long term visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cooldragon: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good Afternoon everyone, please I want to pay for day 2 and 8 test that will be done when I arrive but I have tried my Nigerian atm card and it’s not going. Please what can I do cuz I need to pay for it today and finish my locator form. It’s urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
cooldragon:
Good Afternoon everyone, please I want to pay for day 2 and 8 test that will be done when I arrive but I have tried my Nigerian atm card and it’s not going. Please what can I do cuz I need to pay for it today and finish my locator form. It’s urgent
You can make the payment using barter by flutterwave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mummywifey: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello ,

Can someone use only company account to apply for uk visit visa.

Also Is it every inflow you explain in your application even if the inflow is about 2 to 10 percent of your monthly salary ? And it happened about three months ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cooldragon: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
There is no option for flutter wave there just cards,i have a friend in UK. Do you think his card will work

royalmu:
You can make the payment using barter by flutterwave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
let your friend pay for you from the UK. which one are you using and what is the cost?
cooldragon:
There is no option for flutter wave there just cards,i have a friend in UK. Do you think his card will work

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
cooldragon:

Yes, it will work perfectly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sunrays: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
moyin29:
Hello Sunray,

Each of you will do atleast 5 covid test(2 in Nigeria 50k each and 2 in Uk(day 2 and cool £220 and another one to fly back) 220k for each of you

Okay. Noted with thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
Children 10 and below do not require, not 2 .. 10 and below
moyin29:
Hello Sunray,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
giselle237:
Children 10 and below do not require, not 2 .. 10 and below

You are right giselle237 I just check Uk website for who Exemptions – people who do not need to take a test

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cooldragon: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you it worked perfectly.

royalmu:
Yes, it will work perfectly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by megastu(m): 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
No i didnt pay for any express but I used Abuja
NewBea:

I did biometrics same day as you, still waiting for mine though
Did you pay for express?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm a medical student applying for an elective at a hospital in the uk. i've previously done electives in the uk before covid but now it's difficult to get electives as hospitals aren't taking overseas students due to covid. I was able to find one but one of the things they need is a dbs check. Now i haven't committed any offense in the uk or any other country so i know the dbs check will come back saying i have no offenses but i'm just worried that the police will now have record of my name, passport and other details and dont want to be in under their radar. Also i dont want them thinking i'm coming to the uk to work on a visitors visa cos they might not understand why the hospital is saying i'm their incoming employee so they need my dbs when its just an unpaid medical student elective. What do you guys think or advice? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by umeme: 12:12am On Jun 22, 2021
Please under which category can i upload land and shop documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rabola1(f): 6:29am On Jun 22, 2021
Good morning house, abeg,how does the flexi 42k Biometric work, do u just walk in and pay at d venue.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by humblemoi: 7:19am On Jun 22, 2021
twojul:
Hello everyone,

I'm a medical student applying for an elective at a hospital in the uk. i've previously done electives in the uk before covid but now it's difficult to get electives as hospitals aren't taking overseas students due to covid. I was able to find one but one of the things they need is a dbs check. Now i haven't committed any offense in the uk or any other country so i know the dbs check will come back saying i have no offenses but i'm just worried that the police will now have record of my name, passport and other details and dont want to be in under their radar. Also i dont want them thinking i'm coming to the uk to work on a visitors visa cos they might not understand why the hospital is saying i'm their incoming employee so they need my dbs when its just an unpaid medical student elective. What do you guys think or advice? Thank you.

Undergoing a DBS check should not worry you. It is standard practice for organisations and whatever record the police hold of you shouldn't also worry so long as no offence has been committed. I will say you have no worry here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2021
justwise:

That is exactly what you need to do
Alternatively she can call hmrc or national insurance helpline instead of telling an outright lie.
As A it doesn’t show good character or B her name could come up on the system since it is less than 10years ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omoondo: 9:27am On Jun 22, 2021
rabola1:
Good morning house, abeg,how does the flexi 42k Biometric work, do u just walk in and pay at d venue.
Thanks

U need to have booked a biometric appointment with tls not minding the date then u can walk in and pay 42k on any day u wish to get it done.try to get there early

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2021
Tutu82:

Alternatively she can call hmrc or national insurance helpline instead of telling an outright lie.
As A it doesn’t show good character or B her name could come up on the system since it is less than 10years ago.

Lol how am I lying? I don’t understand, even if you call hmrc, do you think hmrc will give me my Ni number over the phone considering I am calling from Africa. I worked 12 years ago and not 10 years ago, I only came back 8 years ago and if you studied accounting you will know most firms don’t keep accounting records for more than 7 years . Don’t call me a liar just because I asked a question on this forum, it’s wrong.

These things are hard to get if you are not in the uk, I am sure if I was in the uk , I would have been able to fill a form and send it to a tax office or walk into job centre to get this information.

Don’t call people liars , it doesn’t speak well of you. After all if you wanted to answer you would have answered me since.
Just because someone asked you a question, you just think you are mr know it all. Wisdom is profitable to direct, use it please.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Santa2: 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
@tutu82 @justwise omoondo Please for a 6 months visit visa, does one need to do tb test, I had to do it to apply for student visa, don't know if it applies for someone applying for a 6 month visit visa.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Peejayolapeju15(f): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to ask a question on my mom’s behalf, she want to apply for UK visiting visa next month, she has printed her 6 months bank statement, I want to know if she can remove the money in the account or she should wait till she get her visa. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2021
Peejayolapeju15:
Hello everyone, I want to ask a question on my mom’s behalf, she want to apply for UK visiting visa next month, she has printed her 6 months bank statement, I want to know if she can remove the money in the account or she should wait till she get her visa. Thank you all.

By remove if you mean if she can go about her normal account activites then Yes. If you mean can she liquidate the account then she might be in a sticky situation if the DC decides to verify her documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Peejayolapeju15(f): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nchabuomo:

By remove if you mean if she can go about her normal account activites then Yes. If you mean can she liquidate the account then she might be in a sticky situation if the DC decides to verify her documents.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalolo: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
Good day all. Please i have been trying to pay for UK 6months visa but the two Naira ATM cards that i used got declined. Kindly assist on the possible way(s) of making Uk visa application payment. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
Shalolo:
Good day all. Please i have been trying to pay for UK 6months visa but the two Naira ATM cards that i used got declined. Kindly assist on the possible way(s) of making Uk visa application payment. Thank you

Bater by flutterwave.
Download it from app or play store on your phone.
Or
Open a dorm account and apply for credit card, buy $$ from black market and fund your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalolo: 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thank you
Sanmigbola:

Bater by flutterwave.
Download it from app or play store on your phone.
Or
Open a dorm account and apply for credit card, buy $$ from black market and fund your account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.