Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452669 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
Leave them and start afresh building your account by yourself to sponsor your holiday.
You said ur dad gave u 380k for ur travel and also in this same travel abi vacation ur auntie will sponsor u with 2500 pounds... it proves to the ECO that financially you cant afford a holiday by yourself and you need two extra individuals to sponsor your holiday.
This is not a good look.
I don’t know how to tell you to package your application as your salary of 80k is low for this vacation and two individuals to collabo to sponsor u a working adult to travel is not a good look.
I hope the gurus can help your case.

temmymaria:

Please am in need of the next thing to do..how do i address the refusal. Plan to re-apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good evening everyone,am here to share my goodnews. First of all, i want to appreciate @ekpotek, you're a wonderful man, God bless you for your energy you dissipated on my application, its beyond human reason, youre the best.
My first application
Applied may 31st
Biometrics june 17th
Application was refused because the eco is unclear why i'm doing a low paid job as a degree holder and also i dont have asset(meanwhile my assets was properly documented on the form but the eco overlooked it)
I was down and almost loose hope but with the assurance of @ekpotek, he did a wonderful job that surprises me. He encouraged me to reapply again immediately but now on priority because of my travel date.
Second application
Applied July 16
Biometrics july 24
Decision made august 1
Pick up today with my visa issue.

Thanks to everyone on this thread @justwise and co. God bless you all.
@ekpotek youre the sweetest man have ever met in my life.
You guys may not understand, i know what am saying.
Once again, thank you all

13 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
Hello @ekpotek @justwise and other gurus please see to my refusal letter on page 52, i need your advise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jennyhumphrey(f): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
I agree Oga ekpotek and Oga justwise are great assets on this thread. I remember when my son was refused then, Oga Ekpotek encouraged me to reapply and visa was issued. Congratulations, please bring back plenty chocolates
olafamzy87:
Good evening everyone,am here to share my goodnews. First of all, i want to appreciate @ekpotek, you're a wonderful man, God bless you for your energy you dissipated on my application, its beyond human reason, youre the best.
My first application
Applied may 31st
Biometrics june 17th
Application was refused because the eco is unclear why i'm doing a low paid job as a degree holder and also i dont have asset(meanwhile my assets was properly documented on the form but the eco overlooked it)
I was down and almost loose hope but with the assurance of @ekpotek, he did a wonderful job that surprises me. He encouraged me to reapply again immediately but now on priority because of my travel date.
Second application
Applied July 16
Biometrics july 24
Decision made august 1

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
Please, I need your advise@all. I finally received an email from TLS this evening requesting that I submit my passport(I used the "Keep My Passport" service) in order to get my visa application decision. The dilemma now is that I MUST return to country of residence next Saturday 10th August because I must get back to work on Monday 12th August:

My questions:

-Are visas issued at the consulate in Lagos or they send passports to the UK for visa issuance?

-Does anyone know who has used the "Keep my Passport'' service before? How many days does it take for the final decision after submitting passport for UKVI decision?

Please, kindly advise me. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.
seyisanya:
So freaking annoying! Need to return to country of residence next week. Wasted so much money for using VI-VAC, premium lounge and "keep my passport". Couldn't apply where I live because the consulate there does not issue visas. Sigh!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2019
thekoko007:
the company is just interested in helping me to upgrade my knowledge and also helping me in acquiring all knowledge I need to acquire to get the business booming.

That will not fly, you work for them and the cost of traveling should come from them completely. You can't work for a company and spend part of your money for company's foreign trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2019
Seeyat:
This is what i receiced today, can somebody please tell me what to do because i want to reapply

ECO did not complain about insufficient funds in my last application, i wonder why it was stated in this refusal letter

I also mention about receiving rent in my previous application and also submitted rent receipts and other documents as evidence.

I'm tired of these people.

Sorry about the refusal. Well I have read your refusal and all the objections that the ECO gave. From what i can see ECO was not satisfied with your personal and financial circumstances. Not satified with the authenticity of the property. I will advice you stay away from UK application for now at least one year, give then time so that they will not see u as bin desperate. travel to other countries, build up a comprehensive statement of account and try to make next application straight and simple. Please try to get ready all the documents to support your previous refusal on the property when making next application. All the best in future application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2019
Seeyat:
This is what i receiced today, can somebody please tell me what to do because i want to reapply

ECO did not complain about insufficient funds in my last application, i wonder why it was stated in this refusal letter

I also mention about receiving rent in my previous application and also submitted rent receipts and other documents as evidence.

In your first application did you declare that you have additional source of income when asked?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2019
Monmarri:

Sorry about the refusal. Well I have read your refusal and all the objections that the ECO gave. From what i can see ECO was not satisfied with your personal and financial circumstances. Not satified with the authenticity of the property. I will advice you stay away from UK application for now at least one year, give then time so that they will not see u as bin desperate. travel to other countries, build up a comprehensive statement of account and try to make next application straight and simple. Please try to get ready all the documents to support your previous refusal on the property when making next application. All the best in future application.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
Dolorsa:
How could the ECO possibly tell he spent more than 20k in a month? Did the applicant contradict himself by stating somewhere in the application that he spent more than 20k in a month?

Thank very much for your observation, there is one thing I noticed from this platform, one needs to be very very patient to deal with some people's comment or observations. I noticed that he has turned to an active ECO to judge a case where the ECO is seeing month on the form and changing it to year.... It is well.

And for the bank statement and money or deposit not corresponding that he referred to, please, every detail was highlighted in yellow.... I beg I finish work for the application, thank to this platform.

At the end of the day patient is highly recommended on this platform, because some people can provoke.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

In your first application did you declare that you have additional source of income when asked?

Yes i did with prove
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
Finally received "Submission of Passport" email this evening. Really confused as regards next steps!
Seeyat:

It's pretty exhausting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
temmymaria:
Hello @justwise and to other gurus in the house
Am new here and I need your advise, I picked up my passport yesterday and i was refused based on the deposit of money received in my account May 2019 which was about #300,000 when my monthly Salary was 80k. Apart from the 300, 000 (200k and 100k received that month) My dad sent me #380k for travelling allowance which we backed up with a letter and I guess the ECO was convinced.
So the issue was #300,000 from an unknown source.
Kindly advise how I should re-apply and the necsasary info I need to address the refusal
I am planning on re -applying God willing
Thanks.
Attached is the letter I received

How much of your own money is going into this trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2019
seyisanya:
Finally received "Submission of Passport" email this evening. Really confused as regards next steps!

That means your visa is approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2019
Seeyat:

Yes i did with prove

Your refusal letter said you did not and that is the main problem here, the only thing you have been able to prove is that you work and earn salary but your salary is not good enough for a foreign holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

Your refusal letter said you did not and that is the main problem here, the only thing you have been able to prove is that you work and earn salary but your salary is not good enough for a foreign holiday.

Brother i earn 200k after tax. In my last application i included my property documents and rent receipts including a cover letter.

What can i do to make things right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmymaria: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

How much of your own money is going into this trip?

380,000 from my dad and 100k from my savings and this was explained with a cover later which the Eco was okay with but the issue was the 300k In may, 2019 which we did not explain

My aunty is the one inviting me and in the later she stated she will accomdate me and take care of my expenses and ticket back home and she backed it up with her bank statement.

My actual salary is 120k , after tax , pension and thrift contribution my take home is 80+

Attached is the refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2019
Sorry about this, Seeyat. As others have brilliantly contributed earlier, please kindly give them a break for a while then re-apply again. Do not forget to consider the suggestions of the gurus in the house.

All the best.

Seeyat:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
seyisanya:
Sorry about this, Seeyat. As others have brilliantly contributed earlier, please kindly give them a break for a while then re-apply again. Do not forget to consider the suggestions of the gurus in the house.

All the best.

That's for sure, thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
I really hope so. I'm just worried if this will be concluded before Friday if passport is submitted on Monday.
Seeyat:

That means your visa is approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2019
seyisanya:
I really hope so. I'm just worried if this will be concluded before Friday if passport is submitted on Monday.

That will depend on TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muphylad: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2019
Guru in the house, my travel date has passed but yet to hear from ECO/TLS. What is the implication of this on my Visa decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ekpotek: 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2019
olafamzy87:
My first application
Applied may 31st
Biometrics june 17th
Second application
Applied July 16
Biometrics july 24
Decision made august 1

I am happy you got the visa. Have a safe trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2019
Hi beholddean, any update?

beholddean:
Any update on your application? I am in the same situation. Used the keep my passport service and there has been no mail from TLS since 16th July when UKVI sent a mail that my application has been concluded

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2019
@ekpotek, @justwise and all. Please, help. I need your advise.

seyisanya:
Please, I need your advise@all. I finally received an email from TLS this evening requesting that I submit my passport(I used the "Keep My Passport" service) in order to get my visa application decision. The dilemma now is that I MUST return to country of residence next Saturday 10th August because I must get back to work on Monday 12th August:

My questions:

-Are visas issued at the consulate in Lagos or they send passports to the UK for visa issuance?

-Does anyone know who has used the "Keep my Passport'' service before? How many days does it take for the final decision after submitting passport for UKVI decision?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thekoko007: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

That will not fly, you work for them and the cost of traveling should come from them completely. You can't work for a company and spend part of your money for company's foreign trip.
thanks for the advise ,sir if I want to apply what are the documents that I really need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2019
Seeyat:

Brother i earn 200k after tax. In my last application i included my property documents and rent receipts including a cover letter.

What can i do to make things right?

Take the holiday in another country or give the UK sometime before applying again, use that opportunity to keep a more straight ward financial record.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2019
temmymaria:

380,000 from my dad and 100k from my savings and this was explained with a cover later which the Eco was okay with but the issue was the 300k In may, 2019 which we did not explain

My aunty is the one inviting me and in the later she stated she will accomdate me and take care of my expenses and ticket back home and she backed it up with her bank statement.

My actual salary is 120k , after tax , pension and thrift contribution my take home is 80+

Attached is the refusal letter

The money from your daddy and your aunt reduces your tie to Nigeria, obviously without their contributions toward your trip you will not be able to finance this trip comfortably and that is a problem.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
seyisanya:

My questions:

Thanks.

Honestly i don't know the answer to these question especially the keep my passport aspect because i have never come across anyone that used that option. You just have to go and submit your passport as you have no other option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

Take the holiday in another country or give the UK sometime before applying again, use that opportunity to keep a more straight ward financial record.

Okay, thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beholddean: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
None yet o... I'm sincerely tired of this endless wait. I had to push my flight date by 2 weeks and the change fee wasn't nice at all.

When did you get the letter?

In a normal situation, the process of affixing stamp on the passport for the KMP service is typically like a week. I know someone who used the service earlier and it took just a week. I also enquired when I was at TLS for submission. Though, the lady I spoke with was non-committal, she said a week is a reasonable time to expect the passport back. But as we all know, these are abnormal times. No one is sure of anything.

I do hope you get your passport back quick. All the best bro

seyisanya:
Hi beholddean, any update?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muphylad: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
Muphylad:
Guru in the house, my travel date has passed but yet to hear from ECO/TLS. What is the implication of this on my Visa decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.