Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452610 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmymaria: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

The money from your daddy and your aunt reduces your tie to Nigeria, obviously without their contributions toward your trip you will not be able to finance this trip comfortably and that is a problem.

Okay. So i guess i will collect my thrift contribution when re applying...

Please i just need your advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

Honestly i don't know the answer to these question especially the keep my passport aspect because i have never come across anyone that used that option. You just have to go and submit your passport as you have no other option.

Please justwise, nor my intention to quote you. However, I asked a question last week but no one answered.

I have a challenge. At the point of signing my employment letter, the body of the offer letter states 16th as the resumption. However, the line I was supposed to sign the acceptance of the offer was dated 15th. At the time I was given the offer, the hr people had their reservation about me cos I earlier turned down the offer and the offer was reviewed afterwards. At the time I collected the offer letter, I saw the mistake but because of the salary thing was beginning to cause something else I didn't ask them to print the letter again. So what I did was strike the 15th to 16th and signed on it but on my copy and hr copy.
Now I need to tender proof of employment. Should I ignore the offer letter and submit other letters like confirmation letter, promotion letter etc. As I am afraid that this may be taken as tampering of document. Justwise please I need your advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
temmymaria:

Okay. So i guess i will collect my thrift contribution when re applying...

Please i just need your advise

What sort of advice do you need? If you want to finance the trip then you will find it difficult to convince the ECO because of your take-home salary is low.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2019
okposm:

Please justwise, nor my intention to quote you. However, I asked a question last week but no one answered.

I have a challenge. At the point of signing my employment letter, the body of the offer letter states 16th as the resumption. However, the line I was supposed to sign the acceptance of the offer was dated 15th. At the time I was given the offer, the hr people had their reservation about me cos I earlier turned down the offer and the offer was reviewed afterwards. At the time I collected the offer letter, I saw the mistake but because of the salary thing was beginning to cause something else I didn't ask them to print the letter again. So what I did was strike the 15th to 16th and signed on it but on my copy and hr copy.
Now I need to tender proof of employment. Should I ignore the offer letter and submit other letters like confirmation letter, promotion letter etc. As I am afraid that this may be taken as tampering of document. Justwise please I need your advise.

I doubt if that will have anything negative effect on your application, this is just a day apart, will be too insignificant to be noticed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muphylad: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
Pls @Justwise and other guru in the house, my travel date has passed but am yet to hear from ECO/TLS.
Is this going to have any implication on the Visa decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:

I doubt if that will have anything negative effect on your application, this is just a day apart, will be too insignificant to be noticed.

Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmymaria: 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

What sort of advice do you need? If you want to finance the trip then you will find it difficult to convince the ECO because of your take-home salary is low.
Okay..so what is your advise
I just don't want to make another mistake...what should i do as regards the finances..you know better and that is why i am asking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 10:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
Mhen, it's crazy. I received the email this evening.

beholddean:
None yet o... I'm sincerely tired of this endless wait. I had to push my flight date by 2 weeks and the change fee wasn't nice at all.

When did you get the letter?

In a normal situation, the process of affixing stamp on the passport for the KMP service is typically like a week. I know someone who used the service earlier and it took just a week. I also enquired when I was at TLS for submission. Though, the lady I spoke with was non-committal, she said a week is a reasonable time to expect the passport back. But as we all know, these are abnormal times. No one is sure of anything.

I do hope you get your passport back quick. All the best bro

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good evening justwise and gurus in the house. Please I need someone to send me a sample of a cover letter urgently. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Priorygroup: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=nomad26 post=80750533]Hello house, I bring good news. My mum and brother just got their visit visa valid for 6 months cheesy. My mum is retired and self-employed, this will be her 2nd time visiting the UK. While my brother has 2 years work experience in IT but no travel history and first time applying for any visa.
I put a budget of 3K for 2-weeks stay for both of them (fully sponsored by me).

Timeline (Standard): TLS Lagos VI
20th June: Submitted online application (document self-upload)
26th June: Biometrics
18th July: Call from UKVI (asked if I was inviting anyone and how long they are staying, if I am fully sponsoring and how much, my brother's job title and company he works for, my immigration status in the UK and my job title...I think that was all)
19th July: Received email stating 'Application Concluded'
23rd July: Passport ready for pickup
Picked up passports same day with both visas approved

These are the documents we submitted with their application:

Mine:
1. Invitation Letter for both of them (electronic copy with a scanned picture of my signature)
2. Copy of BRP and my passport data page
3. Tenancy agreement (scanned copy with signatures)
4. 6-months payslip (e-copy)
5. 6-months bank statement salary account (downloaded from my online account with no bank stamp)

Mum:
1. Cover letter - highlighted my mum's sources of income, she collects pension and is also self-employed. I also highlighted how much she has currently in her savings)
2. Copy of previous UK visa
3. Company CAC certificate
4. Pension Letter
5. C of O of residential house
6. Land C of O
7. 6-months bank statement (the one that her pension and income from her business comes into)
8. Excel table explaining deposits into her account, with 4 columns - Date, Amount, Sender and Purpose of transfer (we highlighted any inflow greater than 50K)

Brother:
1. Cover letter - highlighted his job, how much he earns and how much he currently has in his savings)
2. HR Letter of introduction
3. Work Offer Letter
4. Work ID card
5. 6-months payslips
6. 6-months bank statement (both salary and savings accounts)
7. Excel table explaining deposits into his account, with 4 columns - Date, Amount, Sender and Purpose of transfer(we highlighted any inflow greater than 50K)
*I was a bit worried about the fact that we didn't include tenancy agreement for my brother because he shares a flat with his colleague and his name is not on the agreement but thank God that it didn't seem to matter. We didn't include tax cards either.

Thanks to everyone who contributes here, especially to giselle237 & MadameW for taking the time to answer my questions. God bless you all!

Hi

Please can I have the template of the cover letter for your Mum and excel tablet explaining deposit. I will really appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Floraoye0417: 12:12am On Aug 03, 2019
It has no implications since the application is still with them.. Just relax.
Muphylad:
Pls @Justwise and other guru in the house, my travel date has passed but am yet to hear from ECO/TLS.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EasyMoney007: 2:44am On Aug 03, 2019
Hello guys..

Please if you have an appointment letter that has a mistake but took your office like 3months to issue a correct one.

Which should you upload for uk visa application as the two has two different dates n in your filling of your form online; one is asked to impute the date he started work.

Or should I talk about the error and upload the two appointment in your cover latter?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 3:54am On Aug 03, 2019
Ebylicious:
Good evening justwise and gurus in the house. Please I need someone to send me a sample of a cover letter urgently. Thank you.

Cover letter is just making explanation of what u want the ECO to know. This guidance will give us glue on what to write.

Date
Address of UK Embassy in Lagos or Abuja
Dear sir/madam

Cover letter for tourist visa
Name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, standard visiting visa.

I am writing in support of my application. You start to discuss every details in paragraph. Write what u feel the ECO should know about. For example:-

Inflows of cash
My salary is my main source of income that enters my account, explain any big credit entries if you have any.

Savings
If you have savings explain

Other assets if you have

Itinerary
Talk about your itinerary (attached as well).

Accommodation
Talk about your accommodation if someone else is taking care of accommodation for u.

budget
Air ticket
Accommodation
Living expenses
Shopping / Miscellaneous

Total estimate of xxxxx which will be funded from my savings account or salary from first bank and GTB.

Mention your supporting documents.

Finally convince the ECO that u are a genuine visitor only seeking entry for a tourist visa as stated in your application and will definitely return to your own country after your vacation is over. Give ties you have in Nigeria that will convince the ECO that u will come bk home.

Thank you

Signature

Name

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 5:09am On Aug 03, 2019
Monmarri:

Cover letter is just making explanation of what u want the ECO to know. This guidance will give us glue on what to write.

Date
Address of UK Embassy in Lagos or Abuja
Dear sir/madam

Cover letter for tourist visa
Name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, standard visiting visa.

I am writing in support of my application. You start to discuss every details in paragraph. Write what u feel the ECO should know about. For example:-

Inflows of cash
My salary is my main source of income that enters my account, explain any big credit entries if you have any.

Savings
If you have savings explain

Other assets if you have

Itinerary
Talk about your itinerary (attached as well).

Accommodation
Talk about your accommodation if someone else is taking care of accommodation for u.

budget
Air ticket
Accommodation
Living expenses
Shopping / Miscellaneous

Total estimate of xxxxx which will be funded from my savings account or salary from first bank and GTB.

Mention your supporting documents.

Finally convince the ECO that u are a genuine visitor only seeking entry for a tourist visa as stated in your application and will definitely return to your own country after your vacation is over. Give ties you have in Nigeria that will convince the ECO that u will come bk home.

Thank you

Signature

Name

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 5:32am On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks boss,
ekpotek:

I am happy you got the visa. Have a safe trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2019
Muphylad:

I don't think it will if the purpose of your travel is for tourism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mimzyy(f): 7:54am On Aug 03, 2019
He can also apply to settle in the Uk if he has a EU spouse regardless of the number of years that the EU spouse has spent in the Uk. He gets six month Eu family visa and once he gets to the Uk, he will apply for settlement under the EU settlement scheme which will give him five years residence permit.

Monmarri:

Not true. Every body case is different. There are some that have been told to leave, overstay, banned for 10 years they still apply for visa and come out honest, apologize to ECO, make fresh application, the ECO still pardon and give visa. At first it might be refused but not impossible to get tourist visa again.

For the settlement visa u mentioned, he can only apply to settle in the UK if he gets married to either British citizen or a person that have indenfite leave to remain. (ILR). He will still have to come out honest again concerning his previous application. If he is in Nigeria making application for settlement visa just note that he can only apply for settlement visa 2ru spouse, fiancé and ancestry visa. More so there is age limit on one applying for some settlement visa from Nigeria (i.e if any of the parent are British and want to bring in a child, the child must not be more than 18years old) He can only make application in the UK if only he got married to British, ILR,have kids in UK, have stayed a long time in UK, that is where he can put application based on family life.

My advice to @Justblow is to admit some of the objections that the ECO raised. He should give himself one year before making another fresh application, travel to other countries and also make apologies for overstaying in the uk, I am sure by God's grace u will be granted visa& another opportunity to visit again.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2019
temmymaria:

Yes she did and we submitted her statement of account
So what do you advise when re applying and ways to address the lump sum of 300k. I was able to proof the lump sum my dad (380k) gave me and they has no issue with that.

I understand we failed to proof the source of fund for the 300k as that was an oversight.

One thing visa applicant shouldn’t do is giving ECO any doubts, just reapply and explain other money in your account.

Sponsor yourself and don’t let your sister support you, your sister supporting could show to the ECO you are not financially ok. It’s under age and older people support are good for.

Run your account well for 6months, start with a good opening account balance, no lump Payment and make sure your payslips correspond to your salary going into your account.

Also defend the refusal reasons in the new application section of if you have been refused before, with all that you good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2019
Monmarri:

I never mix up anything. Read my first paragraph well. There are pple with 10years ban, overstay their visa and still apply to get visiting visa. It is still very possible for any one that falls under that category to get visiting visa with a genuine reason. The person might be refused at first application but not impossible to get visiting visa. The only options is for person to distance making application for one or two years, come out clean and truth.

I never said it’s impossible to reapply and be granted, I said it’s a hard coz he was once told to leave UK. You should know being told to leave UK means 2things either the person made application to home office to stay in UK or caught by immigration, otherwise he or she won’t have such record in Home Office. Whoever that didn’t apply to stay in UK or caught and left UK after their visa expired won’t have record with Home Office of told to leave.

Anyone can reapply and be granted irregardless of their situation before but we should be honest about the chances he or she has got.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmymaria: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2019
Victor4visahelp:

One thing visa applicant shouldn’t do is giving ECO any doubts, just reapply and explain other money in your account.

Sponsor yourself and don’t let your sister support you, your sister supporting could show to the ECO you are not financially ok. It’s under age and older people support are good for.

Run your account well for 6months, start with a good opening account balance, no lump Payment and make sure your payslips correspond to your salary going into your account.

Also defend the refusal reasons in the new application section of if you have been refused before, with all that you good to go.

Okay ..thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2019
giselle237:
Ur written English is so different from what this letter says you said during your interview
Pls check the student thread.. you would find most help there
https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Then the contact for the visa office is attached

Sorry about your refusal, you would have issued the visa if you answered the interview questions properly.

The wrongs in your answers are

Firstly you didn’t research your course or know much about it

Secondly how could you be ready to spend such amount of money on your course and be expected to earn 60k plus after, do you know how many years it’s gonna take you to earn back what you wanna spend on your course based on 60k calculation by the ECO.

Content of course actually means your course modules with explanations what each module entails and the importance of it in your career. The ECO just wanted you to explain that and know your interest in the course and be sure you know what you are doing.

The ECO understood you very well, he or she was just not satisfied with your answers. You can reapply and give better explanations about your course and the importance to you, also pls don’t say 60k as salary when you return to Nigeria. Think about setting up your company or give a reasonable salary. Administrative review won’t help

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2019
Thank You for This....

Please @justwise and other Gurus in the house, please confirm this...

olafamzy87:
Good morning all,

With regards to my previous post, i believe based on my own application, by the nature of the email someone will know if the visa is given or not.

Pic 1 - email when my application was refused
Pic 2- email when my application was successful.

Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2019
mzzcommy:
Thank You for This....

Please @justwise and other Gurus in the house, please confirm this...

It doesn't really work that way..people have different experiences regarding visa approved emails and refusal.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2019
@justwise, Thank You for your initial response but pls explain. Thanks.

justwise:

It doesn't really work that way..people have different experiences regarding visa approved emails and refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2019
mzzcommy:
@justwise, Thank You for your initial response but pls explain. Thanks.

You hardly can tell whether visa is approved or refused based on the email, they used to make it clearer before but not anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2019
From your letter, i think the ECO doubts how you were able to purchase the property because it seems you did not declare it in your previous application which makes them doubt the genuineness of it.
Did you declare the property as an additional source of income? if no then this is what made the ECO doubt how you were able to acquire the property since you last refusal.
This will be a bit difficult to justify now so like others have said you need to give them time like maybe two years so that when you apply that time an the property is still available and you receive income from it they would not doubt much.

Usually ECOs try to read unfavorable meanings into such situations but most times they are wrong and if challenged legally they are convinced that you are telling the truth. If you have the means and you are sure that the property belongs to you, I think you can proceed for a Judicial review which comes at a cost though. The main reason for the refusal is the new property acquired so challenging them will let them know that you are telling the truth. If you dont have the means then you can wait for some years

My small take

Seeyat:
This is what i receiced today, can somebody please tell me what to do because i want to reapply

ECO did not complain about insufficient funds in my last application, i wonder why it was stated in this refusal letter

I also mention about receiving rent in my previous application and also submitted rent receipts and other documents as evidence.

I'm tired of these people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EasyMoney007: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2019
Please guys, a response for this will be greatly appreciated gurus sir's.

EasyMoney007:
Hello guys..

Please if you have an appointment letter that has a mistake but took your office like 3months to issue a correct one.

Which should you upload for uk visa application as the two has two different dates n in your filling of your form online; one is asked to impute the date he started work.

Or should I talk about the error and upload the two appointment in your cover latter?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Floraoye0417: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2019
U can't determine d outcome of an application using email. I recieved d first mail for my mum n she was given visa.
olafamzy87:
Good morning all,

With regards to my previous post, i believe based on my own application, by the nature of the email someone will know if the visa is given or not.

Pic 1 - email when my application was refused
Pic 2- email when my application was successful.

Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2019
Victor4visahelp:
I never said it’s impossible to reapply and be granted, I said it’s a hard coz he was once told to leave UK. You should know being told to leave UK means 2things either the person made application to home office to stay in UK or caught by immigration, otherwise he or she won’t have such record in Home Office. Whoever that didn’t apply to stay in UK or caught and left UK after their visa expired won’t have record with Home Office of told to leave.

Anyone can reapply and be granted irregardless of their situation before but we should be honest about the chances he or she has got.

All these messages u are passing across is enof. Every body have different cases. Nothing like been honest with his chances of getting visa. Many had worst case than him. Even if one apply again and get refused , there are still chances of getting tourist visa. Let us try to be positive, period! Enof of all these messages please.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2019
Mimzyy:
He can also apply to settle in the Uk if he has a EU spouse regardless of the number of years that the EU spouse has spent in the Uk. He gets six month Eu family visa and once he gets to the Uk, he will apply for settlement under the EU settlement scheme which will give him five years residence permit.

Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.