Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446029 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good afternoon house. Please i need your advice. I want to book self service at the TLS ikeja but can I change to assisted service on the day of appointment. This is because when I chose assisted service I couldn't get the free time for July 9 which is the date am going to be free but when I chose self service I saw alot of free time there. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rabola1(f): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good day house, is it possible to request for courier delivery when the visa is ready? If possible, what is the process. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sidaissystems:
thank you
Not false thy call for brief questions
Thy called me to ask certain things
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Omokas2:

Not false thy call for brief questions
Thy called me to ask certain things
please what are the question they Ask you bro ? Please enlighte me....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got back my passport today stamp with 6months visit visa
Biometrics date - 11/06/2021

Purpose of traveling - to write a professional examination (NCKEX-RN)
Travel date - 10-17th July,2021. Exam date is july 16. I explained that I am well aware of the 10days quarantine rule but will opt for test to release on the 5th day
Estimated amount to be spent on trip - 550,000
Amount in my bank account - 1,159,045
My salary after tax - about 82,000
The total amount I get in a year- 120,000
Amount I spent every.month - 9,000
NB- my mum do give me 10k monthly which amount to the 120,000 I get in a year, I explained that I just got a job in May,2021 and hasn't been paid my first salary,so, I didn't add my monthly salary to the amount I get in a year

Documents submitted
My 6month bank account statement
Employment letter
Letter from employer stating that I am newly employed and has not received my first salary,thus, no payslip and also days have been granted leave from work

Documents from sponsor
NB-My sponsor is my biological sister working and living in the USA
My sponsor's salary 6month bank account
My sponsor's saving 4month bank account
My sponsor's 6month payslip
My sponsor's work ID
My sponsor's ID (Driver's License)
3 pictures of my sponsor and I
Letter of sponsorship stating how we are related and why she is sponsoring me and the day she sent money(1 million) to my account
I & My sponsor's birth certificate
Her marriage certificate and change of name

Others
Consent letter from mother, also stating that she sent 200k to me in support of the visa application
Pictures of I and my Mother
Confirmation of scheduled examination
Payment receipt for the examination
Hotel booking from booking.com
Nursing license and notification

I explained that although I am opting for test to release on the 5th full day in the UK, my travel date is flexible enough to be adjusted to accommodate the 10days quarantine if necessary.
N.B- I do not have savings at all and even used part of the 200k my mum sent to me to pay for the application fee making my closing balance not up to 1.2M but I duely explained that in my cover letter

What worked for me
I made sure i have double of the amount i want to spend on the trip in your bank account (I had to reduce my estimated travel cost from 700k to 550k)
I thorouh explained everything in your application that may cause confusion,
Why I choose UK as the exam center as it can be written in other countries

NOTE- This is first visa on my passport,no travel experience whatsoever. No agent used
Thanks to the information I gathered here and people who always take time to reply and questions here Tutu82, Giselle237 and others

14 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
that cool
bivoprad:
Hello everyone,

Travel date - 10-17th July,2021. Exam date is july 16. I explained that I am well aware of the 10days quarantine rule but will opt for test to release on the 5th day
NB- my mum do give me 10k monthly which amount to the 120,000 I get in a year, I explained that I just got a job in May,2021 and hasn't been paid my first salary,so, I didn't add my monthly salary to the amount I get in a year

Documents submitted
Employment letter
Letter from employer stating that I am newly employed and has not received my first salary,thus, no payslip and also days have been granted leave from work

Documents from sponsor
My sponsor's work ID
Letter of sponsorship stating how we are related and why she is sponsoring me and the day she sent money(1 million) to my account

Others
Consent letter from mother, also stating that she sent 200k to me in support of the visa application

I explained that although I am opting for test to release on the 5th full day in the UK, my travel date is flexible enough to be adjusted to accommodate the 10days quarantine if necessary.
N.B- I do not have savings at all and even used part of the 200k my mum sent to me to pay for the application fee making my closing balance not up to 1.2M but I duely explained that in my cover letter

What worked for me
I made sure i have double of the amount i want to spend on the trip in your bank account (I had to reduce my estimated travel cost from 700k to 550k)

NOTE- This is first visa on my passport,no travel experience whatsoever. No agent used
Thanks to the information I gathered here and people who always take time to reply and questions here Tutu82, Giselle237 and others

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2021
bivoprad:
Hello everyone,

Documents submitted
Employment letter

Documents from sponsor
My sponsor's work ID

Others

What worked for me

LOADED!!!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbaby09: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good day .:

An appreciation for a bit of clarity I got on here.

5 year visa granted.

No matter how experienced a person with visa applications, we always run back here when it’s time to apply again. LOL

Thank you @Tutu82

Biometrics 9th June
Collection mail: 29th June.

A few things to note in my application. I stated I was opting for the test to release scheme on day 5 after arrival. I didn’t want my holiday duration to run more than 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
graceodini:
Good afternoon house. Please i need your advice. I want to book self service at the TLS ikeja but can I change to assisted service on the day of appointment. This is because when I chose assisted service I couldn't get the free time for July 9 which is the date am going to be free but when I chose self service I saw alot of free time there. Thanks.

Please I need a response to this house?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiboy91: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good evening everyone in this platform, I need advice on this platform please, is there
UK working permit because an agent told me there's working permit that i should come an apply for it...is it true please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sidaissystems:
please what are the question they Ask you bro ? Please enlighte me....
I was called today. I applied as self-employed thy asked what is my role in my company,what is the name of my company how much I received,when am I traveling,how much is the hotel I booked cost.where and where am I to visit,how many days I intend to stay in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Omokas2:

I was called today. I applied as self-employed thy asked what is my role in my company,what is the name of my company how much I received,when am I traveling,how much is the hotel I booked cost.where and where am I to visit,how many days I intend to stay in the UK
thank you my brother when did u do you biometric
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2021
Omokas2:

I wish you the best of luck bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

My wife would be travelling to the UK next week. Please can someone recommend a lab in lagos around Ikeja where she can get the covid test done? I am thinking of Synlab but I am not too sure.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2021
Onyiintel:
Good day everyone
Please am new here, I will appreciate an answer to this question
I will be going for my Masters this September with my hubby and two kids, as dependents. My question is which type of student Visa application form am I to fill for this. Thanks in anticipation.
for yourself- tier 4
For ur hubby and kids- tier 4 partner and child dependent
Ask for more info on the uk students visa thread

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
Just like you, I was called Today and asked almost same set of questions, I wasn’t expecting the call though.
Omokas2:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
graceodini:
U can change to assisted service on biometrics date.
Payment is only with debit or credit card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Chiboy91:
Good evening everyone in this platform, I need advice on this platform please, is there
UK working permit because an agent told me there's working permit that i should come an apply for it...is it true please
not true!!!! Pls run

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
Cyclops33:
Just like you, I was called Today and asked almost same set of questions, I wasn’t expecting the call though.
when did you do your biometric Sir ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kennstin: 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
dubaiprince:
Hello everyone,

My wife would be travelling to the UK next week. Please can someone recommend a lab in lagos around Ikeja where she can get the covid test done? I am thinking of Synlab but I am not too sure.

Thanks.

Some airlines have specific labs that they accept covid test from. If you've booked the flight, then you should check with the airline first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
June 17
Sidaissystems:
when did you do your biometric Sir ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Please house, which flight is recommended for travel to the UK from Nigeria and lab for the day 2 and 8 covid test
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
Cyclops33:
June 17
I did mine 08 June I didn't hear anything concerning it up till now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
Give them a call tomorrow, they ll tell youif a decision has been made or not , if not they ll send a message to them over there to take a look, not all applicants are called. Hope for the best
Sidaissystems:
I did mine 08 June I didn't hear anything concerning it up till now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sidaissystems(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Cyclops33:
Give them a call tomorrow, they ll tell youif a decision has been made or not , if not they ll send a message to them over there to take a look, not all applicants are called. Hope for the best
thank you boss you're too much

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kennstin: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
monchat:

I know a friend that applied for fiancé visa, she came bk from UK three months and she quickly applied for fiancé visa without the tuberculosis test.

But just to be at a safer side, do the TB.

Only what you need to do is to keep calling them, send mail and tell them how urgent it is, they will respond and give you a date immediately.
Thanks a lot. I got them on phone and explained my situation. They asked me to justify my need with proofs, through email and they were kind enough to give me an earlier date afterwards.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
Kennstin:

Some airlines have specific labs that they accept covid test from. If you've booked the flight, then you should check with the airline first.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
You may want to try Acouns Lab 37 Adeniyi Jones Ikeja
dubaiprince:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:45am On Jul 01, 2021
bivoprad:
Please house, which flight is recommended for travel to the UK from Nigeria and lab for the day 2 and 8 covid test
british airways and virgin
For the tests check www.gov.uk
You can choose self swab and the most affordable for your pockets.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sunexy(m): 6:42am On Jul 01, 2021
Please who has gone for an visa interview recently at abuja. The one i went for recently was kinda funny. Was expecting a one on one interrogation. Only my name and DOB was asked and then my biometrics. Its a family visa and the application and other preparations were done in UK..make person answer if he had this experience and his/her chances...answer abeg cry

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2021
Sunexy:
Please who has gone for an visa interview recently at abuja. The one i went for recently was kinda funny. Was expecting a one on one interrogation. Only my name and DOB was asked and then my biometrics. Its a family visa and the application and other preparations were done in UK..make person answer if he had this experience and his/her chances...answer abeg cry
You did the right thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kamnelly1: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2021
Sunexy:
Went for same at Abuja. Was asked name, DOB that's all... I think that's how it is done. Waiting to get my visa though

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.