Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441116 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
nellytivities:

Please, do you have a number I can reach?
Telephone: +44 (0)300 790 6268 - select option 1
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost 69 pence per minute on top of your standard network charges

If you cannot contact UK 0300 numbers, use +44 (0)203 875 4669.

I believe you will only be charged from when you become connected to an agent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2021
Leleky:
Please, is it advisable to make Hotel booking/reservation for 9 nights for a 10 days vacation or 13 nights for a 14 days vacation considering quarantine things?
Please I'm yet to make my application and travelling date will be around ending of November of first week of December.
Also, considering my budget, salary is 365k, expenses is 80k every month, want to use 570k for the travel as disposable income from salary is 285k.
Your response will be very helpful. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 9:55am On Aug 11, 2021
Hello house, please we need urgent advice, my wife filled NGN 95,000.00 as her monthly salary,on her visa application form but she is receiving NGN119,000.00 . Though her take home salary after so many deductions is NGN97,000.00.This is for her NCLEX-RN exam. But we are trying to write in her cover letter that she receives between 95 to 119. Please urgent advice, she will be going for biometric on next week. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Juddy2018:
Hello house, please we need urgent advice, my wife filled NGN 95,000.00 as her monthly salary,on her visa application form but she is receiving NGN119,000.00 . Though her take home salary after so many deductions is NGN97,000.00.This is for her NCLEX-RN exam. But we are trying to write in her cover letter that she receives between 95 to 119. Please urgent advice, she will be going for biometric on next week. Thank you.

Is that what she receives in her payslip? Write the take home in the payslip. If the take-home fluctuates grossly across all her payslips and is within the range you stated then use what you stated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrking20: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
I got a message from TLScontact on August 06 dat my passport is ready for collection and dat it will be dispatched to me within 24hrs since I paid for return courier. The tracking app is also showing that the passport has been delivered to me but I am yet to hear anything from the courier company.

This is the last update on my passport issue, hope u get urs soon.

gracemartins202:
Not yet...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nellytivities(f): 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Telephone: +44 (0)300 790 6268 - select option 1
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost 69 pence per minute on top of your standard network charges

If you cannot contact UK 0300 numbers, use +44 (0)203 875 4669.

I believe you will only be charged from when you become connected to an agent

Thank you, I have called them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Is that what she receives in her payslip? Write the take home in the payslip. If the take-home fluctuates grossly across all her payslips and is within the range you stated then use what you stated
@ @ Nchabuomo please she just send the payslip now and is showing NGN119,630.00 after all deductions. What shall we do. Should go on with my cover letter statement as I said earlier. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
Mrking20:
I got a message from TLScontact on August 06 dat my passport is ready for collection and dat it will be dispatched to me within 24hrs since I paid for return courier. The tracking app is also showing that the passport has been delivered to me but I am yet to hear anything from the courier company.
Your TLS slip carries the dhl tracking number, track it yourself to know where ur ppt us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gracemartins202: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Just received my passport o. So relieved.

Mrking20:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
Juddy2018:
@ @ Nchabuomo please she just send the payslip now and is showing NGN119,630.00 after all deductions. What shall we do. Should go on with my cover letter statement as I said earlier. Thank you.

State what's in the payslip in the cover letter. It makes no sense to write a range if the payslip does not support that claim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
nellytivities:

Thank you, I have called them.
Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
Nchabuomo:

State what's in the payslip in the cover letter. It makes no sense to write a range if the payslip does not support that claim.
@ Nchabuomo, but please she filled in 95k in the visa online form. So should she go ahead and state only 119k in the cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
Juddy2018:
@ Nchabuomo, but please she filled in 95k in the visa online form. So should she go ahead and state only 119k in the cover letter.

Yeah, I will recommend you state the 119k in the cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fabulous2019: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
Good day house
Please Swansea University and university of hull which is better to study
Despite hull is far cheaper,
but how is the town for both in terms of job opportunity, feeding, accommodation,etc
Swansea is Wales
Is Wales a cool place
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by anotherguyonNL: 1:03am On Aug 12, 2021
Hey guys, quick one - how do you notarize your bank statement to show proof of fund?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:10am On Aug 12, 2021
anotherguyonNL:
Hey guys, quick one - how do you notarize your bank statement to show proof of fund?

You don't need your bank statement notarized.

That said some foreign banks offer that as additional service if the customer desires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kingpokko(m): 6:19am On Aug 12, 2021
Hi all the gurus in the house please i will appriciate if any one can help me with addvice .. i and my family .my wife and two kids was refused visiting UK visa this August.. I am self employed my bissness has been runing for almost 12 years now but was registerd last year sept 2020 and i have been using my passoner account to run it .in the rufusal latter it state the trip is not realistic since am not able to substantiate my income from employment i state that i earn 750k monthly .I surmitted invoice recept of sales made i believe they want to see my company account and i have open an account that i want to run and Re-apply next summer .Please not i have the higest shares in the company i am the CEO the shares is 1m i have 980 the other director have 20 i used the person becouse two people are needed to get a limited CO.And not the company acccount i open i am the sole signatry to the account now here is my qeutions

1)When paying my self from the company account i can do transfer or pay my self with check

2)Can i pick any date at month end .lets say i pick 27th to be paying my self what if that 27th fall on weekend

3)Since i am the one that has control over the company account can i be using it for any transaction i like or is there any kind of transactionthe eco will like to see note all money in both my company account and passoner account is mine

4)I put in the application form that i spend 200k on monthly expenses .now that i have a company account is that 200k monthly expenses just what i spend or my savings account or from both account

5)will the company has a good opening and closing balance or just the turn over is okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ifax(f): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2021
What’s her immigration history like? It’s on all the refusal letters.

gaskinachi:
A

There was a considerable length of time between the applications ,and we actually just plan to tour only.we will have tried elsewhere like the US but interview dates aren’t available and this whole process is just frustrating.considering that she used the same acct they keep complaining about for her lil bro when she was his sponsor and he was granted a visa to the Uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 7:52am On Aug 12, 2021
congrate can u share ur timeline and document submitted

gracemartins202:
Just received my passport o. So relieved.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gaskinachi(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2021
nellytivities:

Take a break from UK. The refusals are too much and there are so many things I personally see wrong with her application and she has kept repeating the same mistakes.

First is stating that she makes additional income of about N8m without any concrete proof of the income. These Agri businesses aren’t even recognized by the UK. Any need to state these incomes? Can’t you get another account where those monies should go into (which you don’t have to declare to the UK) instead of the funds going into your salary account..

you earn enough to be granted a visa but the other explanations are unnecessary complications. Focus on your salary. Writing only on the application webpage isn’t enough for you, you need to write a cover letter, tabulate the issues in your previous refusal and explain each of them in their seperate sections of the table.

Attach your offer letter that shows the breakdown of your remuneration, inclusive of your car and housing allowances so that if you have to explain in your application, you have a backup.

I don’t even think highlighting those parts in your application is necessary.. you should have applied in the month where those are not showing.

How do you receive over 600k and spend more than 500k monthly leaving a tiny disposable income? If you were spending say 300k and having a disposable income of more than 300k it makes more sense seeing that at a budget of 800k for your vacation, you’ll be spending just about 2 times your disposable income. It doesn’t even make sense that you are enjoying life at N500k monthly spend in Nigeria only to plan to go and manage N800k on a vacation. Check am na!

Leave your salary account alone to be just your salary. Do other transactions in other accounts which you do not have to submit.

Infact leave UK for now. Travel to South Africa, Zanzibar, Maldives, anywhere else. Let them know you like to vacation and it mustn’t necessarily be in their country. You’re making it even look like you have plans.. 4 times back to back.

I have forgotten the other things I want to type but I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for this ,that’s exactly what we ar looking at.for her to tour other places and Keep the salary account as exactly what it is,for salaries only ....we will look at several holiday destinations before trying he Uk again.the reason she’s been trying so hard is that we were hoping to travel as a couple but I totally get ur point .we will do all advised and give the Uk a break of at least a year or more. Thanks guys ,grateful for all the insights
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gaskinachi(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2021
ifax:

What’s her immigration history like? It’s on all the refusal letters.

Only been to Dubai once,we will start working on other travel destinations before trying the Uk again.thank u�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CSPb: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
Glory to Jesus Christ.

Visa collected (Visiting visa)

Biometric day: 26th July ( Standard)
Collection mail: 11th August
Collected: 12th August.

Have learned alot from this trend.
What I have learned from my visa process is to be sincere and truthful.
I had alot of Negative balance in my bank balance at the end of 3 months in my 6 month bank statement. The money I used was deposited by my sponsor just 7 day before I submitted my application.
I used Cover letter to explain everything in my bank statement.

You must have a strong purpose for going to UK and strong affiliation at Home.

Glory to God Almighty.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Congratulations,what was your budget for the traveling and what was your bank balance .thanks in anticipation

I had alot of Negative balance in my bank balance at the end of 3 months in my 6 month bank statement. The money I used was deposited by my sponsor just 7 day before I submitted my application.

Glory to God Almighty.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
COngratuation wow not up to 20 DAys that cool
CSPb:
Glory to Jesus Christ.

Glory to God Almighty.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godiloveu(f): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
I am a graduate of computer science, 2011,
2.2 CGPA,
I want to apply for masters but for different course.
pls i need cheaper school recommendations.
I want to know how the process
Thanks.

@justwise and all other guru in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Estasam(f): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, this is my first time of posting on nairaland and i sincerely need your advice.
I am an ex banker and i applied for UK Visa in 2019 for my daughter and i and we were refused on the ground that they were not convinced i was going to retrun to my country, afterward i contested the refusal and further got a 10years ban for my daughter and I for contesting the refusal.
Now i have another child a son (8years) and since the 10years ban has elapsed we are about applying again but this time the whole family wants to vist the UK, i.e my husband, myself and our two children (family of four).
i have different companies now as i run different businesses. all my companies are registered as an enterprise.

Catering company (registered in my name and my husband's name)
Supermarket
Cleaning company
Computer School and cyber café.
We have roughly 9,5m in all this account with the bulk in our catering account.
I do not really pay myself salary.

My husband is a civil servant and we have a landed property in Lagos which we have only develop a part of it.

My catering company used to be a vendor for British Council, i have my letter of nomination and company profile duly stamped and signed by them.
My questions are :-

What are the documents that we will be needing for our application?

we have the following documents already :-

1. Hotel Reservations
2. Colored Copies of Data page
3. Statement of Accounts for our businesses and Pay slips for my husband
4. Marriage Certificate and pictures
5. Introduction Letter From Company (i don't know what to write for myself) my husband got his from his office
6. Tax Clearance
7. Certificate of Incorporation
8. Discreet Valuation of our property.
9. Letter from our banks
10. Letter of nomination to be a vendor for British Council
11. Family pictures
12. Birth certificates

Please can i get a sample of a letter of introduction for the CEO? or is it the regular introduction letter?
As the CEO of my companies do i need a leave letter?

We intend to spend 10 days in all and we want to apply in October in preparation for December Vacation.
We have the following document ready but i will really appreciate it if i can be guided on the documents we will be needing for submition which will not be outside of the scope.

My friend volunteered to assist us with Airbnb for the period of time we intend staying.

Thank you as i await your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Goddyss(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2021
Please has anyone here use barter virtual dollar card by flutterwave to pay for IHS and Visa fee.

Almost all the banks I visited required two references from current account holders before I can open domicilliary account. I wish to know if anyone has succeeded using barter virtual card for payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moorebucks: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hi,
Please could anyone tell me why I’ve been unable to schedule appointment at TLS ikeja for 13th august? Is any special way of doing this cos I’ve on this site since the morning hours. The “Checkout Button “ is always faint after selecting all the necessary options.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CSPb: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
Estasam:
Good afternoon everyone, this is my first time of posting on nairaland and i sincerely need your advice.
I am an ex banker and i applied for UK Visa in 2019 for my daughter and i and we were refused on the ground that they were not convinced i was going to retrun to my country, afterward i contested the refusal and further got a 10years ban for my daughter and I for contesting the refusal.
Now i have another child a son (8years) and since the 10years ban has elapsed we are about applying again but this time the whole family wants to vist the UK, i.e my husband, myself and our two children (family of four).
i have different companies now as i run different businesses. all my companies are registered as an enterprise.

Catering company (registered in my name and my husband's name)
Supermarket
Cleaning company
Computer School and cyber café.
We have roughly 9,5m in all this account with the bulk in our catering account.
I do not really pay myself salary.

My husband is a civil servant and we have a landed property in Lagos which we have only develop a part of it.

My catering company used to be a vendor for British Council, i have my letter of nomination and company profile duly stamped and signed by them.
My questions are :-

What are the documents that we will be needing for our application?

we have the following documents already :-

1. Hotel Reservations
2. Colored Copies of Data page
3. Statement of Accounts for our businesses and Pay slips for my husband
4. Marriage Certificate and pictures
5. Introduction Letter From Company (i don't know what to write for myself) my husband got his from his office
6. Tax Clearance
7. Certificate of Incorporation
8. Discreet Valuation of our property.
9. Letter from our banks
10. Letter of nomination to be a vendor for British Council
11. Family pictures
12. Birth certificates

Please can i get a sample of a letter of introduction for the CEO? or is it the regular introduction letter?
As the CEO of my companies do i need a leave letter?

We intend to spend 10 days in all and we want to apply in October in preparation for December Vacation.
We have the following document ready but i will really appreciate it if i can be guided on the documents we will be needing for submition which will not be outside of the scope.

My friend volunteered to assist us with Airbnb for the period of time we intend staying.

Thank you as i await your response.

Is it no better you look for another country for visitation, there are many countries that would welcome you with open hands.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2021
[What is your budget and your acc balance as at then quote author=CSPb post=104710722]Glory to Jesus Christ.

Glory to God Almighty.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cfcchick: 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=CSPb post=104719370]

Is it no better you look for another country for visitation, there are many countries that would welcome you with open hands

May I ask why u said that ? Is that she can never be eligible for a visa after serving her ban?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CSPb: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=cfcchick post=104719983][/quote]

She is fully eligible. If you followed this trend, you would notice that it's better she has been or will visit other countries. She can fully apply, but with strong home affiliation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.