Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446278 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2021
DJ28:
Good evening to all the Gurus in the house.
I applied for UK visa in 2006 and was denied due to fake bank statement used by an agent.
No ban or sanction then only the denial due to the statement.

I will be applying next month doing everything on my own (documentation), I hope the 2006 denial won't count against me.

Na wah it's all the agents fault. No aota of the blame should reflect on you even tho it was your application grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Tutu82:

Yes if the institution is accredited However,you would have to provide transcripts and proof of English language.
Student thread can assist you further.

Link please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Hello house!

For affidavits that will be tendered to the UK embassy, must it be done in either Lagos or Abuja high courts or anywhere in Nigeria as far as it's an high court?
Can I tender that of Ogun state for instance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2021
You ought to have to done that Immediately after 15 working days. Nevertheless its not late.

Bougie:
I haven't escalated yet, will do that cause it will be 8weeks in a couple of days. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:
Hello house!

For affidavits that will be tendered to the UK embassy, must it be done in either Lagos or Abuja high courts or anywhere in Nigeria as far as it's an high court?
Can I tender that of Ogun state for instance?
Any high court is a court of competent jurisdiction, location is inconsequential

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funky88: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Any high court is a court of competent jurisdiction, location is inconsequential

please what of magistrate court? must it be high court?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you. Receive blessings of unimaginable proportion, please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good afternoon house. Please a friend is having issues to proceed to TLS page after paying the Visa fees since October 18. Is anyone experiencing this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
I think it's general issues or system maintenance. I paid for priority and premium lounge, four days now no confirmation email.
graceodini:
Good afternoon house. Please a friend is having issues to proceed to TLS page after paying the Visa fees since October 18. Is anyone experiencing this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Thegamingorca:

Talk about being roped willy nilly into a situation grin
Oh well,it is time to attempt solutions and all that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hello house!

Does one need to authenticate all results (Waec, neco, transcript, degree certificate) before applying to the UK embassy for a students visa?
And is there any extra information that Nigerians who bagged degrees on Benin republic have to know?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
blacqueen:
Good day House, my brother application just got refused. The reason for the refusal is that his company is INACTIVE on CAC. My question is how soon can he reapply? and what are the supporting documents to back up the application? Thanks in advance. I also hope we learn from this. Always make sure your company is ACTIVE on CAC.

I think there is more to your brother's visa refusal than just the INACTIVE of the company's status with CAC. Kindly share the refusal letter for us to see more of the reasons. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
harrrry:
I think it's general issues or system maintenance. I paid for priority and premium lounge, four days now no confirmation email.
I upgraded to Priority, no email from TLS too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
sojimomomo:

I think there is more to your brother's visa refusal than just the INACTIVE of the company's status with CAC. Kindly share the refusal letter for us to see more of the reasons. Thanks.

You are right sojimomomo

I have initially asked the person to posted his brother's visa refusal letter than just saying INACTIVE

To let us see what wrong

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
harrrry:
My appointment is in 3 days. How do I show proof that I’m on Priority since the email is still pending?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
sojimomomo:

Inactive on the CAC portal means the company hasn’t filed annual returns and trust me the Uk refuses visa for things like that and even tax , I’ve seen people been refused for things like that and also the Uk doesn’t take things like that lightly in their country , so refusing on that ground is more than enough, I don’t think there needs to be an extra reason as to why someone was refused

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hazy4love: 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
I have a sister who just received her visa but her company is showing inactive on the CAC website. I don't think that person is saying the truth about the refusal he got.
Debbieeeeeee:

Inactive on the CAC portal means the company hasn’t filed annual returns and trust me the Uk refuses visa for things like that and even tax , I’ve seen people been refused for things like that and also the Uk doesn’t take things like that lightly in their country , so refusing on that ground is more than enough, I don’t think there needs to be an extra reason as to why someone was refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=Hazy4love post=107032043]I have a sister who just received her visa but her company is showing inactive on the CAC website. I don't think that person is saying the truth about the refusal he got. [/quote

Hello tutu82 and Giselle pls i want you guys to weigh in on this issue cos the company where I work is not active and you know you can't go tell your boss to pay is tax or whatever on is CAC is this really something to really worry about.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hazy4love:
I have a sister who just received her visa but her company is showing inactive on the CAC website. I don't think that person is saying the truth about the refusal he got.
I’m trying to avoid using the word not saying the truth because it’s very funny to me, this is a faceless forum and nobody knows anyone here , everyone just comes to seek solace or get ideas or get advice or tips here so why will anyone start lying unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=switch900 post=107032245][/quote]
Howdy switch900,i would not go as far as saying he is not telling the truth as I have personally seen people rejected for showing inactive status while others were approved.

It is all circumstantial and boils down to the strength of your documentation.The table your application lands on matters as well.

Some caseworkers are very detailed and check every document,while others just tick the checklist and do not investigate further.

It doesn’t hurt to inform your employer that their status shows up as inactive,they might not even know.If it is a hostile work place don’t mention Tax just say it shows up as inactive.

It is a tad unfair to refuse someone a visa for inactive status when they do not own the company but what do i know?.

I hope this makes it clearer.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Tutu82:

Howdy switch900,i would not go as far as saying he is not telling the truth as I have personally seen people rejected for showing inactive status while others were approved.

It is all circumstantial and boils down to the strength of your documentation.The table your application lands on matters as well.

Some caseworkers are very detailed and check every document,while others just tick the checklist and do not investigate further.

It doesn’t hurt to inform your employer that their status shows up as inactive,they might not even know.If it is a hostile work place don’t mention Tax just say it shows up as inactive.

It is a tad unfair to refuse someone a visa for inactive status when they do not own the company but what do i know?.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Yeah,and thanks for always showing up ontime whenever your assistance is needed I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

Link please?
I don’t have a link for you,sorry.
Google the course you are interested in and all Uk universities that offer it will be listed.Every university would give an exact eligibility requirement.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
switch900:

Yeah,and thanks for always showing up ontime whenever your assistance is needed I appreciate.
Anytime.x.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by falilatu: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good day, concerning the annual filling , we filled ours for 2020 and it’s was recieved and acknowledged but still showing inactive. I submitted the acknowledgement like that to ukvi. If the visa na my own they will give me.

A lot of things don’t work in uar.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
falilatu:
Good day, concerning the annual filling , we filled ours for 2020 and it’s was recieved and acknowledged but still showing inactive. I submitted the acknowledgement like that to ukvi. If the visa na my own they will give me.

A lot of things don’t work in uar.
Email CAC Lagos island they will respond to you , the new office is on force road , TBS Lagos island.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by falilatu: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Email CAC Lagos island they will respond to you , the new office is on force road , TBS Lagos island.

Oh okay thanks so so much . I really appreciate this. I will send a mail to them right now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
I totally agree with tutu82 , a lot of times I leave something out of my application, they call me to clarify and I tell them or email them but I’ve seen others make same mistake that led to a refusal. It totally depends on the officer handling the file , number of times you’ve been in the Uk or successfully applied for a Uk visa may also count. My mom was caught there during covid and didn’t apply for one thing they were meant to apply for via the home office and she tried renewing recently , all they did was email asking for that particular document and I responded with a long email to them detailing how she wasn’t aware of the thing and also her attempts to reschedule her flights to leave the Uk that failed and when she finally left and that was all the visa came next day after I sent the email to the New Delhi office

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
falilatu:

Oh okay thanks so so much . I really appreciate this. I will send a mail to them right now
Please do, they’re quite responsive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
UKVi won't denied you visa because the company your working with shows inactive on CAC website....
I dare whoever was denied based on that to post his/her refusal letter here, I want to figure out something sad

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Use a GTB it’s seams less.
Don’t try Barter, the rate is crazy and money gets hooked anyhow.
Leleky:
Payment of standard visa fee with all my union bank master card and UBA VISA card is not working... please someone should guide me on how to make this payment of $136
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by personal59: 11:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good day

please how do i book an appointment date with priority because all the ones i choose on self service was showing me superiority please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 1:29am On Oct 25, 2021
oluayebenz:
UKVi won't denied you visa because the company your working with shows inactive on CAC website....
I dare whoever was denied based on that to post his/her refusal letter here, I want to figure out something sad
Make your findings before commenting. I can send you 5 (Five)refusals because of inactive status on CAC website. You guys can’t just assume one is lying. This is a faceless forum! Why the hell should one lie?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.