Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,079 members, 7,828,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451087 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2021
You can call tonight or Monday.

Kenyangirl1:
Oh wow! This doesn't give me much hope. Think I will give them a call on Monday. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
owenjegede:
I did for my family since 31st of August.
Called today and was told a decision has been made. We are expecting their response.

Have you escalated before ?
If yes. What date where you given ?
If no. Try to call them tonight or wait till Monday.

please kindly share the number you called,

we dropped application on 27th sept., only the principal applicant is at VAC while the dependent is still at DMC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jobakemz: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
Please can you help with the number to call?

owenjegede:
Called today and was told a decision has been made. We are expecting their response.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DJ28: 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
Tutu82:

Since you did not do biometrics you are not in the system.They can still do a random soft search on you but there are quite a few people with the same name and born on the same day.

It’s always best to tell the truth so the answer to that question is yes you have been refused a visa.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
+443007906268.
Follow the voice prompt.
The sequence is 1 4 2 1

Make sure your debit or credit card is close to you.

Jobakemz:
Please can you help with the number to call?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
+443007906268.
Follow the voice prompt.

The sequence is 1 4 2 1

Make sure your debit or credit card is close to you.

coopfortune:

please kindly share the number you called,

we dropped application on 27th sept., only the principal applicant is at VAC while the dependent is still at DMC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 6:09am On Oct 23, 2021
Go to the FRANCE visa application page and fill the form. Choose the Netherlands as your destination and select Airtel Transit visa. After submitting your application you have to book appointment on the VFS website for biometrics . On the day of biometrics, she has to go with her ATM card. Fee is about #.
39200. Biometrics is almost 20k. You pay for the biometrics on the VFS website.

Documents she has to go with:
International passport
Copy of UK visa
Copy of her flight ticket
Passport photo
France visa application form
Biometrics Appointment letter.

I hope her departure date isn't too close?

Thank you so much for this.
The departure time is 10Nov but the challenge here is that, she is yet to collect her passport, I don't think it will be ready until 5th Nov base on our calculations. She applied for Tier 2 visa (skilled Health worker).

Is it possible to get Airport Transit Visa within 2days?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2021
What is earliest appointment date for visit visa in lagos TSL?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RennyKitty: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hi everyone, please am new here and would love to take the IELTS test by October 30th, yet to book but I should book tomorrow by God’s Grace. Which do you recommend I sit for IDP or BC? Considering I would be taking the test in Ibadan. Which has more leniency when it comes to marking and has faster test results. Please help with study materials for IELTS General training as I can’t risk not acing this test at once for financial reasons. Please help a sister out. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello everyone, this was the response I got today after calling twice to know the status of my application. My case was escalated twice. Just tired �

Dear Bleep,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that the applications pertaining to Nigeria are currently being assessed in New Delhi, India. Your application is currently under process. While we try to process standard applications within 15 working days, there are however instances where this is not possible. UKVI is experiencing very high demand globally so visas are taking longer than normal to be processed. We recognize the challenges and urgent deadlines faced by our customers and are working hard to resolve this issue. You will be notified once a decision has been made and dispatched in due course. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

MK

Casework

UKVI

British High Commission

New Delhi

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by preciouschiomy: 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
Hello everyone. I have been trying to book appointment on Tlscontact website but have not been successful. When I choose the appointments date it comes back like I never choose any date. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any idea? Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
RennyKitty:
Hi everyone, please am new here and would love to take the IELTS test by October 30th, yet to book but I should book tomorrow by God’s Grace. Which do you recommend I sit for IDP or BC? Considering I would be taking the test in Ibadan. Which has more leniency when it comes to marking and has faster test results. Please help with study materials for IELTS General training as I can’t risk not acing this test at once for financial reasons. Please help a sister out. Thanks

So questions are not even needed to be asked here when you get to where you want to undergo the study they would tell you what you need there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
preciouschiomy:
Hello everyone. I have been trying to book appointment on Tlscontact website but have not been successful. When I choose the appointments date it comes back like I never choose any date. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any idea? Please help
What are the earliest available dates in lagos or abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RennyKitty: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
Which study? If you can’t answer you waka pass. I’m asking for help with free study materials and seeking opinions from people that have done the IELTS exam about which test provider is more reliable because have heard stories about BC being strict with their grading and from the reviews I read on the MOD page on Facebook their own services sef get k leg. So na crime to ask question wey concern me? Abi Na d name of your high school principal i for come here come ask? If you no understand question abeg waka pass mr abi na mrs switch �
switch900:

So questions are not even needed to be asked here when you get to where you want to undergo the study they would tell you what you need there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
esdajo:
Hello everyone, this was the response I got today after calling twice to know the status of my application. My case was escalated twice. Just tired �

Dear Bleep,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that the applications pertaining to Nigeria are currently being assessed in New Delhi, India. Your application is currently under process. While we try to process standard applications within 15 working days, there are however instances where this is not possible. UKVI is experiencing very high demand globally so visas are taking longer than normal to be processed. We recognize the challenges and urgent deadlines faced by our customers and are working hard to resolve this issue. You will be notified once a decision has been made and dispatched in due course. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

MK

Casework

UKVI

British High Commission

New Delhi

I learnt it was in Croydon, they decide on Nigeria applications. Why New Delhi?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
Firefunmi2014:

Go to the FRANCE visa application page and fill the form. Choose the Netherlands as your destination and select Airtel Transit visa. After submitting your application you have to book appointment on the VFS website for biometrics . On the day of biometrics, she has to go with her ATM card. Fee is about #.
39200. Biometrics is almost 20k. You pay for the biometrics on the VFS website.

Documents she has to go with:
International passport
Copy of UK visa
Copy of her flight ticket
Passport photo
France visa application form
Biometrics Appointment letter.

I hope her departure date isn't too close?

Thank you so much for this.
The departure time is 10Nov but the challenge here is that, she is yet to collect her passport, I don't think it will be ready until 5th Nov base on our calculations. She applied for Tier 2 visa (skilled Health worker).

Is it possible to get Airport Transit Visa within 2days?

Thank you

Yes. If you have available appointment date, it takes 24hrs to process it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2021
owenjegede:
My family's own since 31st of August.
I am just stranded.

Hi Owenjegede,
Send a paid email like others have and wait.
At the moment turn around times are between 5 days to as long as 12weeks(3 months).
If you do not get it by the 30th of Nov then something has gone wrong and you will need to make a freedom of information request direct to home office.
Also,when you say stranded what exactly do you mean?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2021
Have done that on the 1st of October and it was escalated so I called again on the 22nd of October and was told a decision has been made. Hopefully they will answer me this week.

We are suppose to travel as a family for vacation though I already have my visa, so I was expecting that of my wife and kids before booking our plane ticket.

Tutu82:

Hi Owenjegede,
Send a paid email like others have and wait.
At the moment turn around times are between 5 days to as long as 12weeks(3 months).
If you do not get it by the 30th of Nov then something has gone wrong and you will need to make a freedom of information request direct to home office.
Also,when you say stranded what exactly do you mean?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 24, 2021
owenjegede:
Have done that on the 1st of October and it was escalated so I called again on the 22nd of October and was told a decision has been made. Hopefully they will answer me this week.

We are suppose to travel as a family for vacation though I already have my visa, so I was expecting that of my wife and kids before booking our plane ticket.
Okay.I Just wanted to be sure it’s not where life is involved i.e urgent medical attention.
May the new week bring results.
Cheers!.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Leleky: 5:57am On Oct 24, 2021
Payment of standard visa fee with all my union bank master card and UBA VISA card is not working... please someone should guide me on how to make this payment of $136
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for your concern. Its nice of you.

Amen !!!

[quote author=Tutu82 post=107006623][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 7:38am On Oct 24, 2021
Use bater by flutterwave.

Download it from playstore on your phone though its a virtual card.

Leleky:
Payment of standard visa fee with all my union bank master card and UBA VISA card is not working... please someone should guide me on how to make this payment of $136
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2021
erico2k2:

No you will get citizenship.
What a question angry angry angry angry
grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:06am On Oct 24, 2021
Funky88:
Good day friends, I'm having little challenge am answering my grand father's name while my dad is bearing his grand father's name (my grandfather) in my marriage certificate my dad surname is his grand father's name which he has been answering.my transcript and my international passport is having different years just one year different.I went to National population census to apply for birth certificate that Tally's with my with my international passport.but they are saying they can't offer me cos my surname is different from my dad.Please what do u suggest I do to avoid denial of Visa?
Please I need an advice urgently.

Eg my dad's name is okoro John (okoro is his grand father's surname)

While my name is igwe Anthonia (my grand father's surname is Igwe

In my marriage certificate my dad signed as Okoro John which the name he has been answering.late though

Now national population census is saying I should use Okoro John nee Igwe which is not in my international passport when I was applying it.my international passport is bearing my husband's surname. The problem is my birth certificate.Nairalanders please help me��������

Hmmm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
TheGreatGod:

Well thank you as well for your advice and I really thank the precious person that respond to me, the person really gave us an insight.

Anyways, I just want everybody to note that we are not God and we can decide for him. It’s God that do things as he pleases.

Besides, human right claim can be refused and certified for any reason. Please read my statement properly, the same human right claim that was certified was quashed by the upper tribunal for reconsideration. It was the same evidence that my friend put in his application that was reconsidered again based on the decision of the upper tribunal and refused through a new decision.

Yes, in my own view he has a good case so that that it was refused based on the same evidence that the Home Office accept initially was wrong.

Secondly a good step on his own sides is that he left voluntarily after the last JR was concluded.

Besides, no body is God and his case is not that bad for God to handle. For me he still have a chance besides, he had served his 12 months ban.

Thank you and hope you have a great day.

Wonders lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Tintin933:
Hello Everyone
please my surname is different from my dad's surname because i was named after my mum's father. my mum and dad actually bears the same surname because they are still married. And this appears on my birth certificate too. Could i be denied visa because of this?

How plausible is it that your surname is your maternal father's on the basis that you bear his first name?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Kolizomanizo:
Hi Team,

I will need your help. I got an EVOKED visa 10yrs ago due to misinterpretation of document used by an agent. I will really love to clear these mess with the british embassy. I really dont intend to travel to UK anytime soon. But i will really love to clear the mess.. i willl be glad if someone can help me with a way forward.

Serve the ban jejely
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bougie: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2021
I haven't escalated yet, will do that cause it will be 8weeks in a couple of days. Thanks.

owenjegede:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2021
Tutu82:

Yes and No Bobore12.
Three questions;
1.Can you tell us the reasons for her previous refusals and we can help so she doesn’t waste resources for the same outcome?.
2.This date of birth that has changed is it the same one on her original birth certificate?.
3.Why has she decided to change the date of birth now?.
These give me a clearer picture of her situation.

Talk about being roped willy nilly into a situation grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2021
Good morning, nevermind responding I feel like an olodo lol. I did not realise that when your application is transferred to VAC it means a decision has been made. I initially thought it had to be transferred to VAC immediately after your biometrics. You learn something new everyday I guess.

chima1978:
Good morning Board, I've got a question. I am not familiar with the new application process as the last time I applied for a UK visa was about 4 years ago. Anyway, I completed my biometrics on Tuesday and as at today, my application is still in DMC according to tracking. Does it take this long to be tranferred to VAC?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2021
blacqueen:
Good day House, my brother application just got refused. The reason for the refusal is that his company is INACTIVE on CAC. My question is how soon can he reapply? and what are the supporting documents to back up the application? Thanks in advance. I also hope we learn from this. Always make sure your company is ACTIVE on CAC.

Is he an employee under said company or he is the sole proprietor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2021
blacqueen:
He is not the owner of the company. He is working under the company.

Chaiiiii

Nah to go activate CAC for my oga company asap lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.