Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,480 members, 7,843,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1459568 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
thaIgbochick:
VISA UPDATE:

Hey guys good afternoon. To give an update on our application.

Did Biometric on 5th October (standard visa)
Decision made 15th October
Passport collection back 9th November via courier

Standard or priority?

I did my biometrics for 10 year visa on 13th October (got email notification of application transferred same day).

Haven't heard anything since then.

I did standard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thaIgbochick(f): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thank you. We did contact UKVI but it still took almost two weeks before we got the passports back.

Ennymama:
@Thalgbochick, congratulations on your visa.
Please did you call or sent paid mail during your visa processing?
I did my biometrics since October 4 and am yet to receive my passport till now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thaIgbochick(f): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Standard Visa.

Jarus:

Standard or priority?

I did my biometrics for 10 year visa on 13th October (got email notification of application transferred same day).

Haven't heard anything since then.

I did standard.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Hello house,
Please let's assume you print out your bank statement yesterday and was not able to upload today, how long can that statement stays so it won't be an issue when you were able to upload it later. Thanks for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Oct 5th

leilakhadijah:
Same mail I received oh. When did you do your Biometrics? The wait it so annoying.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is a lie please. You can pay for priority but it’s not a guarantee that you will get your decision quick.

cutebear:
My submission date is next week. I really wish I could do priority application and visit my family this Christmas but my agent said they don’t advice first timers to do priority application sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
Start again and see if it will work this time.

Ogidigan1:
Gd morng everyone,

Pls, i'm at the stage were i need to book appointment, after adding various categories like premium lounge, keep my passport, self serv-regular, flexi etc to my basket, the option for "appointment time" is not assigned to the available dates on the "book appointment section" even the "proceed to check out" button is inactive; I've been stuck here for the past 3 days, pls everyone, I need help...advise me on what to do....plssssssssssss.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please help with a response on this below thanks

Hello house,
Please let's assume you print out your bank statement yesterday and was not able to upload today, how long can that statement stays so it won't be an issue when you were able to upload it later. Thanks for your response[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
That's not true. You can do priority if you can afford it.

cutebear:
My submission date is next week. I really wish I could do priority application and visit my family this Christmas but my agent said they don’t advice first timers to do priority application sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Firefunmi2014: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good evening all.

I am seriously in need of help. My KLM flight to UK is scheduled for Thursday 11th but my passport is with France embassy for Transit Visa.

I did my biometrics on Friday and just received a message from them that my application was just sent to France Embassy today. Please is it possible for me to get it tomorrow? If no, what can I do ?

Please help me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
I’ll suggest you change your flight date. Just to be on the safe side
Firefunmi2014:
Good evening all.

I am seriously in need of help. My KLM flight to UK is scheduled for Thursday 11th but my passport is with France embassy for Transit Visa.

I did my biometrics on Friday and just received a message from them that my application was just sent to France Embassy today. Please is it possible for me to get it tomorrow? If no, what can I do ?

Please help me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
thaIgbochick:
Standard Visa.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Fazfunms:
I’ll suggest you change your flight date. Just to be on the safe side
I will suggest going to to French Consulate in Ikoyi and enquire. I remember a couple of years ago, I was waiting for my Visa and was running out of time, I went there and one of the workers at the Consulate came out to enquire what I wanted. I explained my situation, he went back in and came back out and told me I will get my passport that afternoon which I did. I requested courier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adewoleam: 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good evening. I had a 10years ban from applying to UK which has since expired. I intend to apply for student visa, I hope my past history will not affect my application or from getting CAS from school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aliyahbimbs: 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please house assist. What documents am I required to bring to collect my passport from tls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good evening everyone.
Please I need the paid email address.

I did my biometric since October 13.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
Firefunmi2014:
Good evening all.

Please help me.

Hopefully you will get your passport tomorrow or Thursday before 1pm. I want to believe your flight is late Thursday. My Transit visa got to me in less than 48hours. You will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mystikal(m): 12:47am On Nov 10, 2021
Adewoleam:
Good evening. I had a 10years ban from applying to UK which has since expired. I intend to apply for student visa, I hope my past history will not affect my application or from getting CAS from school.

Depends on what the ban was for. In any case, Just be honest and prove in your application that since that ban you've gone on to have a good paying job or business and doing well and not desperate to move back to the UK.

It should not affect your CAS by the way
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mystikal(m): 12:48am On Nov 10, 2021
My British airways flight to Glasgow is on the 25th of November. Fully vaccinated. Please when do I apply for the day 2 covid test (lateral flow), is it now? I know the passenger locator form is 48 hours before flight. Any other travel related info would be welcome.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagzmoles(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=Desssss121 post=106421722]

Congratulations please which tls did you apply with because I did same on the 24th and got a decision mail on the 22nd but no pickup mail yet from tls [/

Please can I get a copy of your cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
The slip you were given on the day of your biometrics. You can also go with a valid ID but basically only the slip will do.

quote author=Aliyahbimbs post=107476956]Please house assist. What documents am I required to bring to collect my passport from tls.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2021
Every valid information you need is on gov.uk. there's even a list of companies where you can do the lateral flow test and all.

quote author=mystikal post=107478275]My British airways flight to Glasgow is on the 25th of November. Fully vaccinated. Please when do I apply for the day 2

covid test (lateral flow), is it now? I know the passenger locator form is 48 hours before flight. Any other travel related info would be welcome.

Thanks guys[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mystikal(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2021
Mzyetty:
Every valid information you need is on gov.uk. there's even a list of companies where you can do the lateral flow test and all.

quote author=mystikal post=107478275]My British airways flight to Glasgow is on the 25th of November. Fully vaccinated. Please when do I apply for the day 2

covid test (lateral flow), is it now? I know the passenger locator form is 48 hours before flight. Any other travel related info would be welcome.

Thanks guys
I know. I understand. I'm only trying to confirm if I can book for the tests now? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2021
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.
bukimireal:
Good evening everyone.
Please I need the paid email address.

I did my biometric since October 13.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2021
Is the paid mail thing working, they may tell u to wait another 15 working days.

harrrry:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2021
Lincolnint:
Is the paid mail thing working, they may tell u to wait another 15 working days.
Honestly that’s all they do, so no need to waste my coins. Today is my 15th day post submission and it’s usually when I get my passport back whenever I renew but I’m not even bothering until they email me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ndessien: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2021
A friend got BRP mail a 9 days ago but no collection mail till date. Still at DMC when tracked. Sent paid email, they confirmed decision has been made. To get passport now na wahala. Please any idea how long it will take to get collection mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicki2020: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2021
Please what visa did she apply for and when was her biometrics

A friend got BRP mail a 9 days ago but no collection mail till date. Still at DMC when tracked. Sent paid email, they confirmed decision has been made. To get passport now na wahala. Please any idea how long it will take to get collection mail.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.