Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1449304 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sounds good. Would advice you start drafting a very strongly-worded but polite cover letter addressing the anomalies inherent in the ECO’s judgement of your previous your visa application. You should have your passport within a week but it’s better you hit right back with the same set of documents, except for a few you may have to update. However, kindly go the priority route if at all possible.

Topnotch10:

Thank you, I’ll apply again once I get a my passport collection mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cerezo: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Iamajala:

Bro, mine is exactly 7 weeks today. I just pray it should not exceed 8 weeks oo. I need my passport back ASAP

For those who are experiencing serious delay on their applications, this might not be totally unrelated to the current evacuation effort in Afghanistan. If you recently ring the home office on their paid line (from within the uk), you'd most likely hear something about the effort the home office is making to get some legit people out of Afhanistan as quickly as it can. Don't forget that this means they will be assessing thousands if not millions of applications from this part of the world as we speak. This means priority may be given to such applications over tourist visa applications. Quite unfortunate, I also had an application that went in Sept 3 and came out Nov 3rd.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
cerezo:

For those who are experiencing serious delay on their applications, this might not be totally unrelated to the current evacuation effort in Afghanistan. If you recently ring the home office on their paid line (from within the uk), you'd most likely hear something about the effort the home office is making to get some legit people out of Afhanistan as quickly as it can. Don't forget that this means they will be assessing thousands if not millions of applications from this part of the world as we speak. This means priority may be given to such applications over tourist visa applications. Quite unfortunate, I also had an application that went in Sept 3 and came out Nov 3rd.

Hmmm then they should stop saying “will be processed within 15working days” until they get things under control.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
I agree it's Good news but is it really
What will 200 do? But what can we do? Good news it is

Debbieeeeeee:
GTBank now allows for $200 a month. Good news!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mzyetty:
I agree it's Good news but is it really
What will 200 do? But what can we do? Good news it is

Actually it isn’t but at least a slight improvement from the inconvenience and they can even do better because this restriction isn’t even funny at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
Iamajala:

Hmmm then they should stop saying “will be processed within 15working days” until they get things under control.
I’ve not even bothered to track my application since, they need to remove that 15 days timeline for Nigerians, other countries are still getting theirs processed within 15 days though. My main bother is that I hope they don’t pull the American method on Nigerian applications because this sudden influx pass their power.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lilydexter: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I’ve not even bothered to track my application since, they need to remove that 15 days timeline for Nigerians, other countries are still getting theirs processed within 15 days though. My main bother is that I hope they don’t pull the American method on Nigerian applications because this sudden influx pass their power.

How many weeks now?
When did you do your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lilydexter:

How many weeks now?
When did you do your biometrics?
2 weeks now, 26th October
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 5:39am On Nov 12, 2021
I agree. I am silently rooting for you. I pray your renewal is done promptly. Mine took 8 weeks exactly. 40 working days! Though it's my first time applying.

quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=107535940]
Actually it isn’t but at least a slight improvement from the inconvenience and they can even do better because this restriction isn’t even funny at all.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

They can’t pull the “American Method” that is why they have the (priority service) because the sudden influx I believe is a “trap” set by the UK govt, more than 17,000 visas has been issued only this year alone, you think they don’t know what they’re doing? 99% of students that applied are approved this has drastically increased UK revenue saving them from Brexit and wreck from Covid-19, student visa fee alone is £348 + priority £220 + IHS £500+, then tuition fees minimum is £10k + living expenses, this is per student, and they know working 20hrs/week + 2yrs Post-study permit, you can’t recover all the money spent. Like someone rightly said “UK is doing PROMO” now cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagzmoles(m): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2021
I only used that to pay for the visa fee but after that it didn’t work when I was about to pay for priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2021
Mzyetty:
I agree. I am silently rooting for you. I pray your renewal is done promptly. Mine took 8 weeks exactly. 40 working days! Though it's my first time applying.

Thank you Yetty kiss
Wow! a whole 8 weeks, we don’t really have an option in any way. Glad you got your passport back and I can’t wait to get mine back so I can travel for Christmas and if not , we move in January.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2021
Iamajala:

They can’t pull the “American Method” that is why they have the (priority service) because the sudden influx I believe is a “trap” set by the UK govt, more than 17,000 visas has been issued only this year alone, you think they don’t know what they’re doing? 99% of students that applied are approved this has drastically increased UK revenue saving them from Brexit and wreck from Covid-19, student visa fee alone is £348 + priority £220 + IHS £500+, then tuition fees minimum is £10k + living expenses, this is per student, and they know working 20hrs/week + 2yrs Post-study permit, you can’t recover all the money spent. Like someone rightly said “UK is doing PROMO” now cheesy cheesy
I’m aware of these breakdowns, by the “American method” I meant massive denial to keep people to keep applying over and over again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2021
jagzmoles:
I only used that to pay for the visa fee but after that it didn’t work when I was about to pay for priority
If you’re using a Naira card the limit is $200 for GTBank, so it will work for visa fee (6 months)but won’t work for priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I’m aware of these breakdowns, by the “American method” I meant massive denial to keep people to keep applying over and over again.

Oh I thought you were referring to the unavailability of appointment dates to limit or discourage people from applying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2021
Iamajala:

Oh I thought you were referring to the unavailability of appointment dates to limit or discourage people from applying.
Lmao grin Uk people that like money and are looking for money, they’ll never keep people from applying.
I’m just curious as to the recent no appeal or administrative review right they’ve just implemented, I think it’s unfair. I remember me and my friend sitting together to write an admin review letter for her application in 2011 immediately after she got denied and she was called back and issued a visa, I can see some petty petty denials here that an admin review would have worked for but they’ve stopped it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Lmao grin Uk people that like money and are looking for money, they’ll never keep people from applying.
I’m just curious as to the recent no appeal or administrative review right they’ve just implemented, I think it’s unfair. I remember me and my friend sitting together to write an admin review letter for her application in 2011 immediately after she got denied and she was called back and issued a visa, I can see some petty petty denials here that an admin review would have worked for but they’ve stopped it.

I noticed it too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2021
No appeal in order for re application, an appeal can solve most of this denial s. This whole thing is all about money

Debbieeeeeee:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have escalated this to the appropriate entry clearance officer

We apologise for the delay in processing your application.

Please note that your visa application is still under consideration.

We will be in contact with you as soon as your case is concluded.

Your patience is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
bbclue:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have escalated this to the appropriate entry clearance officer

We apologise for the delay in processing your application.

Please note that your visa application is still under consideration.

We will be in contact with you as soon as your case is concluded.

Your patience is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI)

Same email format I received on Monday. Today makes it 36working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Iamajala:

Same email format I received on Monday. Today makes it 36working days.

Your might likely come out next week...since is 36days...

I heard maximum weeks passport is likely to be given is 8weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
bbclue:

Your might likely come out next week...since is 36days...

I heard maximum weeks passport is likely to be given is 40weeks

@bolded Lol I know that’s a typo.. no go scare people oo cheesy

Anyways I’m hoping so too, this wait is so frustrating… they should kukuma say standard processing time now is “40working days” ooo

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Still in shock. Someone paid for priority with dependants. All got BRP mail that visa is successful. They have picked up their visas except the spouse who also got the same BRP mail. It is two weeks now still at DMC. Sent paid mail 3x still no headway.
Iamajala:

@bolded Lol I know that’s a typo.. no go scare people oo cheesy

Anyways I’m hoping so too, this wait is so frustrating… they should kukuma say standard processing time now is “40working days” ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexyp(m): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Did my spouse 6 month visiting visa with hope of getting married down there ,
Submitted online 30th of May
Biometric 9th of June
Till now no decision made yet,so annoying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
This one ehnnn

Lexyp:
Did my spouse 6 month visiting visa with hope of getting married down there ,
Submitted online 30th of May
Biometric 9th of June
Till now no decision made yet,so annoying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iamajala: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
harrrry:
Still in shock. Someone paid for priority with dependants. All got BRP mail that visa is successful. They have picked up their visas except the spouse who also got the same BRP mail. It is two weeks now still at DMC. Sent paid mail 3x still no headway.

This is crazy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
June ke! This is crazy mehn!!!

Lincolnint:
This one ehnnn

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tintin933: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good evening
please i am from Ghana. i need your opinions please
A friend applied for visitors visa and had biometric just on wednesday 10th November. he paid for priority which is 5 working days and he got his decision today, which is just 2 working days after biometrics. unfortunately he was refused.
i applied for visitors visa and i am undergoing the normal 15 working days. my 15 working days will be up nextweek tuesday and i am yet to hear from them on my decision.
please my question is someone said with uk if they delay in giving a decision it means it is mostly refusal. and they do not delay if they will actually give you the visitor. please is this true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
That’s not true. Did you submit your application in Ghana?

Tintin933:
Good evening
please i am from Ghana. i need your opinions please
A friend applied for visitors visa and had biometric just on wednesday 10th November. he paid for priority which is 5 working days and he got his decision today, which is just 2 working days after biometrics. unfortunately he was refused.
i applied for visitors visa and i am undergoing the normal 15 working days. my 15 working days will be up nextweek tuesday and i am yet to hear from them on my decision.
please my question is someone said with uk if they delay in giving a decision it means it is mostly refusal. and they do not delay if they will actually give you the visitor. please is this true??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tintin933: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Fazfunms:
That’s not true. Did you submit your application in Ghana?

yes i submitted in Ghana
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mustyy: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good evening
I received passport collection mail since 25th October, 2021, Please can i opt for courier service to deliver it for me, which i did not did ealier. the issue is, i am far from Abuja. Please help out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.