Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451926 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Richardelorin: 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nnemomatina:

Please I need more response
The only issue I see in ur application is the 10years old child. If she travel for d holiday who is going to take care of her. Uk is very serious about kids u know dat & they can use it as excuse. If she has not gone for biometrics try and explain with a cover letter where she ll stay when u Mum travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Richardelorin:

The only issue I see in ur application is the 10years old child. If she travel for d holiday who is going to take care of her. Uk is very serious about kids u know dat & they can use it as excuse. If she has not gone for biometrics try and explain with a cover letter where she ll stay when u Mum travel.

Okay, thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elderss: 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nnemomatina:

Thanks so much for this.
Going through your write up, it looks like I made a little mistake while applying for my mom to come and visit my husband and I in the UK...

Firstly, her address on her bank account is our village address, but she is in Lagos now to visit my brother and we used my brothers address..if the both addresses do not match, will it cause any issues?

First, I wouldn't know if it will cause issues. On my part, I had to make sure my parent's home address is in consonance with the address attached to their bank account. For me, that's my way of tying up loose ends.

Again, we chose my mom is a a farmer and earns around 500k per annum, plus additional money from children..... but there is no proof of any deposits from her farming business.. how do we explain to ECO about this...

Personally, if she cannot produce any document to back up the claim, I will be advise you put unemployed.

What I did during mine was to put unemployed for both parents. However, in the additional section for more details on the application form, I stated clearly that I had to use 'umemployed' for them because they have no receipts/documents to back up the their petty sales. I explained the the contents of their petty trading business.

I have pictures I took with her in the farm few years back which I will also upload.

This will be a good idea.

We also filled that she is living with her grand daughter who is 10 years and will love to come back to unite with her after visiting...

Not necessarily advisable to put this.
What it means is that she is financially responsible for the 10 year old. Hope that reflects in her application as well as her finances.
Personally, if she will be fully sponsored by you, then I will advise not to includethe 10 year old in her application

We will also put on the invitation letter that she will return in order to harvest her farm products...

Again, our UK accounts we use for expenses and also salary account..we have a joint account where we transfer money to. If we only print our individual account statements and submit without attaching the savings acct, will it cause issues? Or should we put savings account as well..

I will advise you just use one account that you are sure has sufficient funds to cater for her trip and your family for the duration of her stay as well as all other travel logistics of hers.

During mine, only one account was used.

I look forward to ur response please

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Elderss:

I hope this helps

Thanks a lot, although we already submitted her application and booked appointment with TLS.....

Fingers crossed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kelebabaj: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hi guys, Pls has anyone who went for Uk visa submission in Ikeja since early October gotten a decision? I did mine since October 5th and I still haven’t received any response, is that normal? It’s been exactly 27 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kelebabaj:
Hi guys, Pls has anyone who went for Uk visa submission in Ikeja since early October gotten a decision? I did mine since October 5th and I still haven’t received any response, is that normal? It’s been exactly 27 working days.

Calm down bro, UKVI is experiencing serious delay in transmission....

septemver 27 here ooo.....still waiting for one passport out of two
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by byrees: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Good evening House
I did my Uk Visa application on Oct 12th and I was meant to travel with it on Nov 1st which I indicated in my application and up till now I haven’t gotten my passport yet ? .. I have been granted 6 month UK visa twice before and this is my third time of applying and I applied for two years visa this time around.

Hope I shouldn’t be scared though because I don’t understand the delay going on at the moment.

Anyone experienced something similar and hope UK doesn’t reject people they have given visa previously to ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:52am On Nov 15, 2021
papayum009:
Good evening, gurus in the house!!.. please i want to make some inquiry on behalf of my aunt. she is a Licensed Community Health Practitioner and working with state government with over 20 years work experience and she is willing to migrate to United Kingdom. Pls how can she go about it? what are the process ? did she need to write any professional exams?.. Pls, I will be expecting a feedback ..Thanks and God bless
Chew no dey write any professional exam oh. Her best bet will be to go back to school to read bsc nursing.

There is nothing like a licensed community health extension worker or health practitioner. Licensed to do what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 27autumn: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2021
@giselle237, @justwise
Please help me with answers.

I want to apply for the 6 months visa to visit my fiancé. He is a final year undergraduate student so I will only be getting an invitation letter from him and I would be staying at his place. I would be sponsoring myself fully on the trip.
Now my dilemma is this:
- To help me be prudent with spending, part of my savings is removed from source I.e it doesn’t even land in my account at all, just reflected as savings reduction from my payslip. I have over 2 million in this, which is what I plan to use to travel.
- Because I’ve once been robbed and account cleared, I don’t leave Any money in my accounts. Immediately my salary comes in, I send all the expense money I need to send out, move whatever is left to different savings platforms and then I move my weekly expense from there.

What is advisable to present as proof of funds? If I use my 2M savings account, do I still need to add my salary account? How do I prove my disposable income? I would be adding my payslips to show how much I earn, how much is deducted at source and how much is payable into my account. How can I present my story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:07am On Nov 15, 2021
Nnemomatina:

Thanks a lot, although we already submitted her application and booked appointment with TLS.....
Fingers crossed
dnt worry about the address and bank statement been different. It is never a hard and fast rule. I hv had different addresses in several of my applications
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by papayum009: 9:10am On Nov 15, 2021
Thegamingorca:

Chew no dey write any professional exam oh. Her best bet will be to go back to school to read bsc nursing.

There is nothing like a licensed community health extension worker or health practitioner. Licensed to do what?
Okay thanks so much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2021
Got this message this morning, any to tell us more about it.

Thank you for your enquiry

Your visa application is still currently being processed. I have escalated this to the appropriate entry clearance officer. This means you will receive your visa decision and passport as soon as possible.

If you require your passport and/or documents back immediately for travel or emergency, you are free to withdraw by making a request via the Visits.UKCustomerEnquiries@fco.gov.uk email. Please note however that this will cancel the application and we will be unable to refund you.

Kind Regards

UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION (UKVI)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Reine22: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2021
Did you send a paid email?
Lincolnint:

Your visa application is still currently being processed. I have escalated this to the appropriate entry clearance officer. This means you will receive your visa decision and passport as soon as possible.

If you require your passport and/or documents back immediately for travel or emergency, you are free to withdraw by making a request via the Visits.UKCustomerEnquiries@fco.gov.uk email. Please note however that this will cancel the application and we will be unable to refund you.

Kind Regards

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 10:21am On Nov 15, 2021
Yes last week

Reine22:
Did you send a paid email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by byrees: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2021
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Good evening House
I did my Uk Visa application on Oct 12th and I was meant to travel with it on Nov 1st which I indicated in my application and up till now I haven’t gotten my passport yet ? .. I have been granted 6 month UK visa twice before and this is my third time of applying and I applied for two years visa this time around.

Hope I shouldn’t be scared though because I don’t understand the delay going on at the moment.

Anyone experienced something similar and hope UK doesn’t reject people they have given visa previously to ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Folabifreeman(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2021
@ Justwise and other experienced Gurus
Please can my sister in Canada stand as my Sponsor and can I use her account statement to apply for UK student Visa.

She's ready to write a letter showing she's my sister alongside court documents due to different surname because she's married

Abeg I need your help. I want to count my 28days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by byrees: 10:54am On Nov 15, 2021
I got this response from the paid email I sent yesterday

Does this means the visa won’t be given

Kindly look at the UK visa embassy response below

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Regards,

Bassa​​
UK Visas and Immigratio
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Folabifreeman:
@ Justwise and other experienced Gurus
Please can my sister in Canada stand as my Sponsor and can I use her account statement to apply for UK student Visa.
She's ready to write a letter showing she's my sister alongside court documents due to different surname because she's married
Abeg I need your help. I want to count my 28days
no she can not be your sponsor . Potential sponsors for Tier 4 student visas are only parents and/or legal guardians. Let her transfer the money to you. Dont go and chop refusal for nothing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Folabifreeman(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
giselle237:
no she can not be your sponsor . Potential sponsors for Tier 4 student visas are only parents and/or legal guardians. Let her transfer the money to you. Dont go and chop refusal for nothing.

Thanks so much. Am so worried like this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2021
Imagine these people sending me an email to take part in a survey about how well they met my needs, when they have not returned my passport.

Did anyone else get a similar email?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2021
byrees:
I got this response from the paid email I sent yesterday

Does this means the visa won’t be given

Kindly look at the UK visa embassy response below

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

Regards,

Bassa​​
UK Visas and Immigratio

It says your application is being considered. How did you get that your visa would not be given from that statement?

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abby2020: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good evening everyone, I got a Canadian study visa approval oct, but wont be travelling until next year fall, cos my school has resumed before my approval came, I had to defer my admission, my But now is I want to apply for a uk visit visa what chance will I have on my UK application??and m self employed,I deal with cash most time so I dont really have a steady money input in my acct,once in a while I deposit some money in it,but I have a sponsor for my trip, can I go ahead n apply?? Or I need to provide my own statement of account??..please I need a response as soon as anyone can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Another working day gone only this generic mail sent again. Can’t even remember sending another mail to them

Lincolnint:

Kind Regards

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
What next @viktor?
After this message.

[quote author=viktoh12 post=107649249][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don’t even know I have gotten this type of message twice now

Lincolnint:
What next @viktor?
After this message.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
I remember someone here said his additional 15 working days will be due tomorrow.

Any reply from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sykia: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good evening all,

Please what does the attached file mean? Is there something I need to do by sending email. I’m really worried

Please @giselle237 and likes help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RealJaneDoe: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good day. Please I need experienced people to answer this question.
A UK citizen/ family member wants me to join them in the UK as a dependent. I also want to apply for masters in UK for 2022/23 session. There are many things I need to put in place regarding the visa and some documents and realistically speaking, by the time I would have gotten the dependent visa God-willing, it would be close to or passed the 22/23 application deadline for most UK universities. So my question is can apply for masters now without any plan for student visa and leave Nigeria with my UK admission and soon to be processed UK dependent visa when it becomes ready which will likely be next year towards 22/23 application deadline. Also as someone with dependent visa will I enjoy the benefits of UK citizens such as lower tuition rates and/or scholarships.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RealJaneDoe: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
cc @justwise and experienced gurus your expertise is needed. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by byrees: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Good evening House

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
RealJaneDoe:
cc @justwise and experienced gurus your expertise is needed. Thank you and God bless you.
is the person your father or mother this is for minors... or husband or wife? If not, sorry 99 % not possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.