Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444123 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
gistbite:

Same as daughter's application. I know it's hard but just be patient. There's literally nothing that can be done right now.
I believe your passport will be returned either tomorrow or within next week.

Thank you for the encouragement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sh0lar: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
I did not get any mail ooo. just this mail from TLS.
Jxool:
Congratulation Atleast you free from this UK now.

Do you get email that your application has been finalized before getting this email from TLScontact?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good day everyone. Please I have a question. If an applicant submitted an application and stated to travel to the uk for a period of two weeks, November15-30, did biometric on October 13, and decision has not been made yet on his application till maybe the end of his travel date and after. What is likely to happen. Will the travel date that has been elapsed affect the decision? Please I want as many as possible opinions please. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
sholsy:
Since you and your husband are sponsoring her, you guys would be the one to write the letter of sponsorship. Specify in the letter if you are sponsoring her whole trip 100% (flight, accommodation, feeding and other miscellaneous) or if part of the trip for the period of her stay between so and so date. Also state the purpose of her trip and where she would be staying. In addition, provide a brief of what you do or where you work and include where the fund will be coming from. Salary, investment, savings etc stating the specific account statements. In the letter, you could state what other documents you have attached as financial proof and also proof of family ties as applicable.
Hope this helps.

Ok. Thanks so much.

But does she need to write any cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
But somebody already answered this question. No, it doesn't affect the decision of your visa. This happens very often and people still get their visas.
Dinoforyou00:
Good day everyone. Please I have a question. If an applicant submitted an application and stated to travel to the uk for a period of two weeks, November15-30, did biometric on October 13, and decision has not been made yet on his application till maybe the end of his travel date and after. What is likely to happen. Will the travel date that has been elapsed affect the decision? Please I want as many as possible opinions please. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you, I just wanted to be sure

cutebear:
But somebody already answered this question. No, it doesn't affect the decision of your visa. This happens very often and people still get their visas.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tamitee(f): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
Aku waiting o...October 14 geng...Everyone should just wait for 40 working days,since that's the new deal...it will rain collection mails next week...

We won't wait in vain IJN...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Finelolo: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't know how you are counting the days. I did biometrics on the 7th of October and uptil now nothing from them. I have removed my mind. Mine is even renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
Finelolo:
I don't know how you are counting the days. I did biometrics on the 7th of October and uptil now nothing from them. I have removed my mind. Mine is even renewal.

Working days
Don't count weekend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Please any collection mail for October applicants? Abuja or Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oriste(f): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=oriste post=107952856]I paid for super priority visa but did not complete the payment for sms charge and now trying to pay that is asking for a fresh payment so am so confused on what to do and how to complete the application in order to upload documents

Please help out should I just go to TLS tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sholsy: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
She might not need to do a cover letter. Any other salient information about her could be provided in the Additional information section of the visa application (if necessary).
Just ensure your sponsorship letter is clear with no ambiguity.
Nnemomatina:

Ok. Thanks so much.

But does she need to write any cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
You are 35 working days now
Finelolo:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tanatee: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
I have been a silent reader on this platform, I was initially discouraged from applying because of Hubby’s statement of account previous transactions but while reading through the threads, I realized a detailed cover letter to explain some of those transactions would help. Thank you all for your efforts and guidelines. It really helped with the application.

Application submitted for 4 (hubby, myself and our 2 children ) – 7th September 2021

Biometrics for all – 28th September 2021

Submission type: standard

Visa type: 6 months

Collection mail for principal applicant(Hubby): 1st November 2021

Passport collection with visa: 2nd November 2021

Collection mail (myself and children): 24th November 2021

Passport collected with visa!!

Best of luck to all on this forum!

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Wow congrats ��� Please was it renewal you qll did or 1st time application. author=Tanatee post=107957370]I have been a silent reader on this platform, I was initially discouraged from applying because of Hubby’s statement of account previous transactions but while reading through the threads, I realized a detailed cover letter to explain some of those transactions would help. Thank you all for your efforts and guidelines. It really helped with the application.

Application submitted for 4 (hubby, myself and our 2 children ) – 7th September 2021

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kelebabaj: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
coopfortune:

Calm down bro, UKVI is experiencing serious delay in transmission....

septemver 27 here ooo.....still waiting for one passport out of two
this is serious o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
I just spoke to someone in the UK center again. I asked they return my passport even if it means withdrawing my application. I then asked how long it will take to get it cos I need to get with my appointment in the US.
The lady there said she doesn't know.
Like what are we really paying the charges for if these call attendants can't provide the necessary feedback.
I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
They are literally saying there is no end to when one can wait for their passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Please how did you explain the amount in your hubby account on the cover letter. Is it urge amount. Thanks

I have been a silent reader on this platform, I was initially discouraged from applying because of Hubby’s statement of account previous transactions but while reading through the threads, I realized a detailed cover letter to explain some of those transactions would help. Thank you all for your efforts and guidelines. It really helped with the application.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tanatee: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=Brenda37 post=107957799]Wow congrats ��� Please was it renewal you qll did or 1st time application.

My husband got student visa(6 months) 2019 and other 1st time application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Please how did you explain the amount in your hubby account on the cover letter. Is it urge amount. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
That’s the same thing I was told when I called the customer care in the morning as well

dzee1:
I just spoke to someone in the UK center again. I asked they return my passport even if it means withdrawing my application. I then asked how long it will take to get it cos I need to get with my appointment in the US.
Like what are we really paying the charges for if these call attendants can't provide the necessary feedback.
They are literally saying there is no end to when one can wait for their passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oh ok. But you & your kids came very late oooo, wonder Y they took that long to release yours.[quote author=Tanatee post=107958747][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tanatee: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=bukimireal post=107958667]Please how did you explain the amount in your hubby account on the cover letter. Is it urge amount. Thanks.

Yes, it’s a huge amount. He sold a property and had some transactions with Aboki(exchange of Naira to Dollars to and fro from his salary account). He added the sales of property documents and receipt of the school fee he paid with the some of the dollars.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
dzee1:

It's basically useless calling them. They can not tell you any specific feedback beyond "a decision has been made or not "
They can't tell you where your passport is or when it will be returned to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
gistbite:

It's basically useless calling them. They can not tell you any specific feedback beyond "a decision has been made or not "
They can't tell you where your passport is or when it will be returned to you.

But I believe the passport is at Abuja because when I called in the morning the lady said if I cancel the application it should not take long for me to get my passport because the passport is in Nigeria here not sent outside the country.

That’s is why I said the passport is at Abuja no other place

So there should be way to get our passport if we need it urgently in this kind of situation, because I really don’t see the reason why keeping the passport and the processing days has passed already.

If a lot of people know about this delay am sure we not going to submit the passport or submit the application maybe next time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
Jxool:

But I believe the passport is at Abuja because when I called in the morning the lady said if I cancel the application it should not take long for me to get my passport because the passport is in Nigeria here not sent outside the country.

That’s is why I said the passport is at Abuja no other place
The passport never leaves Nigeria. They stamp the thing in lagos or Abuja depending on where you submit. The files are e-files and are worked on in any location in the world where they have offices or officers.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

The passport never leaves Nigeria. They stamp the thing in lagos or Abuja depending on where you submit. The files are e-files and are worked on in any location in the world where they have offices or officers.

Another thing that I think they are doing is deliberately keeping people out; a form of border control.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
They def keep the passports here in naija. I think they intentionally delay people's passports for no reason and it is really frustrating.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
gistbite:

Another thing that I think they are doing is deliberately keeping people out; a form of border control.
If they do this I wouldn’t blame them. If you see the kain crowd whey dey patronize dem these days, you no go blame them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Brenda37:
They def keep the passports here in naija. I think they intentionally delay people's passports for no reason and it is really frustrating.
Passports are kept here , visas are stamped here , all they do is wait for approval from the visa office working on your file and put the thing on visa queue and dispatch to the pickup centre. Prior to 2011/12 we used to submit direct at Walter carrington.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oh so that's how it works... Then once they get go ahead they stamp and then dispatch.
Debbieeeeeee:

Passports are kept here , visas are stamped here , all they do is wait for approval from the visa office working on your file and put the thing on visa queue and dispatch to the pickup centre. Prior to 2011/12 we used to submit direct at Walter carrington.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Wow! I never knew this o! See me thinking they usually DHL our passports grin
Debbieeeeeee:

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.