Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455341 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enimase: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
cutebear:
Wow! I never knew this o! See me thinking they usually DHL our passports grin

To where,for you mind, grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Smith35:

I think you’re fine. You’ll get your visa as long as you haven’t violated any term of your past visas
Ok thanks a lot. This is reassuring
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Is self service difficult? How do I upload files myself for visiting visa. Any guide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
Self service is the best option you can use. Just scan all your documents with your phone or wit a scanner and save either on your phone or laptop depending on what you want to use to upload your docs. Then you can also get a soft copy of your Bank Statement and save on your phone or laptop as well. Then you create folders for each documents you have so that it will be easy for you to identify them when uploading. It's as easy as that
Nnemomatina:
Is self service difficult? How do I upload files myself for visiting visa. Any guide

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hycon(m): 1:12am On Nov 26, 2021
Hello, please how can I submit application using priority service. I can only see standard visa submission only.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 4:53am On Nov 26, 2021
Priority can be paid for at the vls center when you go for biometrics
Hycon:
Hello, please how can I submit application using priority service. I can only see standard visa submission only.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 5:02am On Nov 26, 2021
It takes 48hrs to get the passport from the time you request for withdrawal. This request is done at the vls office.
Unfortunately I work remotely and can't go to their office. Hence why I choose for the passport to be DHL back to me. The plan was, I leave work on Sunday, then travel Tuesday.

If you can get to their office, try and do it.
However, you should also ask for the option of retrieving your passport while your application is still being processed. This option is available on their site, so I'm sure they offer that too. See below.

I am still waiting for my visa decision and I need my passport for an urgent matter. How can I get it back?

If you need your passport back urgently, please contact us via our online form.

Please carry me along with what option you choose, and also, try and get a contact when you get there so I could get to talk to someone from here.

All the best

Jxool:
That’s the same thing I was told when I called the customer care in the morning as well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 5:08am On Nov 26, 2021
But I use priority service to upload my documents. The only thing is that, those documents that's not in a A4 you have to photocopy it on A4 paper

Self service is the best option you can use. Just scan all your documents with your phone or wit a scanner and save either on your phone or laptop depending on what you want to use to upload your docs. Then you can also get a soft copy of your Bank Statement and save on your phone or laptop as well. Then you create folders for each documents you have so that it will be easy for you to identify them when uploading. It's as easy as that[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 6:00am On Nov 26, 2021
Am at Ibadan but the way I need the passport I think I will go to the office Monday so I can request for the passport so by Wednesday I can have it.

If they allow the option of getting back your passport while your application is still processing will go for that and if not I will cancel my application and get back my passport

Thank you so much for the info.

Because when I try to message them that I need my passport urgently they never respond so instead of wating for their response it’s better I go there and get things sorted that one will be more faster than waiting for them to reply.

Do you get the info from their staff or from their website?

dzee1:
It takes 48hrs to get the passport from the time you request for withdrawal. This request is done at the vls office.
Unfortunately I work remotely and can't go to their office. Hence why I choose for the passport to be DHL back to me. The plan was, I leave work on Sunday, then travel Tuesday.

If you can get to their office, try and do it.
However, you should also ask for the option of retrieving your passport while your application is still being processed. This option is available on their site, so I'm sure they offer that too. See below.

I am still waiting for my visa decision and I need my passport for an urgent matter. How can I get it back?

If you need your passport back urgently, please contact us via our online form.

Please carry me along with what option you choose, and also, try and get a contact when you get there so I could get to talk to someone from here.

All the best

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dzee1: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2021
2 people actually.
A former employee there and also someone that has done it before.

Jxool:
Am at Ibadan but the way I need the passport I think I will go to the office Monday so I can request for the passport so by Wednesday I can have it.

If they allow the option of getting back your passport while your application is still processing will go for that and if not I will cancel my application and get back my passport

Thank you so much for the info.

Because when I try to message them that I need my passport urgently they never respond so instead of wating for their response it’s better I go there and get things sorted that one will be more faster than waiting for them to reply.

Do you get the info from their staff or from their website?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2021
dzee1:
2 people actually.

Thank you so much I will go there on Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 7:53am On Nov 26, 2021
What happened to the black friday ticket sales for flights to the UK? No movement on ticket sales, in fact they went up lol. BA and Virgin didn't try at all for Nigerians. It was all catered to US. Just sucks and I was looking forward to their sales.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2021
Jxool:

Thank you so much I will go there on Monday

Wow. I'm also in Ibadan. What if a decision has been made on the passport? Will you also be able to request for your passport and get it within two days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:29am On Nov 26, 2021
dzee1:
2 people actually.

Is there a fee for this? And if a decision has been made on the passport, can you still collect it within that 48hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2021
When I asked them during the call if I could withdraw my passport they said 15 working days and everything will be canceled.
From recent timelines it’s obvious they dispatch passports after issuing visas almost immediately, if you collect your passport back, it may mean application fees being forfeited because there’s a high likelihood visa hasn’t been stamped on the passport being requested for.
Just my opinion!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:37am On Nov 26, 2021
Jxool you’re not being clear enough , are you seeking to get your passport for Medicals request ? Or did you get a passport request for visa stamping from the Canadian people?
If it’s medical request you can do with a copy of the biodata page for the Medicals oo .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
When I asked them during the call if I could withdraw my passport they said 15 working days and everything will be canceled.
From recent timelines it’s obvious they dispatch passports after issuing visas almost immediately, if you collect your passport back, it may mean application fees being forfeited because there’s a high likelihood visa hasn’t been stamped on the passport being requested for.
Just my opinion!
I'm not requesting ó. The 40 working days ends on Dec 6. What's another 10 days after 1 months plus of waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
Jxool you’re not being clear enough , are you seeking to get your passport for Medicals request ? Or did you get a passport request for visa stamping from the Canadian people?
If it’s medical request you can do with a copy of the biodata page for the Medicals oo .

I think he said he is traveling to the USA on the 7th of December.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Charles61: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2021
Please guys, for those who are vaccinated and want to travel to Nigeria, must you pay the 51,000 for COVID-19 test again?

Please someone help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2021
gistbite:

It’s dzee travelling to the USA , jx needs his own for Canada. Na uk people dey cause problem now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2021
gistbite:

I'm not requesting ó. The 40 working days ends on Dec 6. What's another 10 days after 1 months plus of waiting
December 6 is just around the corner and I’m even more than hopeful it’ll come before then

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ennymama: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2021
40 working days today on God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2021
Ennymama:
40 working days today on God
You’ll get your collection mail today

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 9:03am On Nov 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

It’s dzee travelling to the USA , jx needs his own for Canada. Na uk people dey cause problem now.

Oh okay. I must have mixed them up. If their application can be paused and they come back for stamping, that will be great
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by approvalgirl: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2021
39 days today..... too much tension
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by approvalgirl: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

You’ll get your collection mail today

Amen ooo

Congratulation in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ennymama: 9:19am On Nov 26, 2021
Amin

quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=107972989]
You’ll get your collection mail today [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I went to IOM already and I was told I can do the medical with copy if my passport and the Copy given to me when I submitted my application at TLScontact.

But my concern is after I do my medical any moment Ircc might send me passport request so I don’t want any delay when they request for my passport

And apart from that I need to travel, so everything is in tight corner that’s why I just want to have my passport ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 9:39am On Nov 26, 2021
Charles61:
Please guys, for those who are vaccinated and want to travel to Nigeria, must you pay the 51,000 for COVID-19 test again?

Please someone help me

You don’t have to pay anything as long as you vaccinated. Take your vaccination certificate with you that’s all you need

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jxool: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2021
gistbite:

@Dzee1 is the one traveling on the 7th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Don’t worry, after your medicals, you won’t get passport request from IRCC immediately. It doesn’t make sense to withdraw your application when you are already at the finish line. Withdrawal process is 15 working days so that will be counter productive.

Jxool:

I went to IOM already and I was told I can do the medical with copy if my passport and the Copy given to me when I submitted my application at TLScontact.

But my concern is after I do my medical any moment Ircc might send me passport request so I don’t want any delay when they request for my passport

And apart from that I need to travel, so everything is in tight corner that’s why I just want to have my passport ready

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.