Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440497 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Farrm22: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
I did my bometric on the 20th of may first time uk tourist visa applicant ....more day 90days after bometric I haven't hear from ukvi yet... I made a call across to them some weeks back and I was told decision Has not been made yet on my application ....now I'm confused on this whole issues... I need an advice from the house on what to do next... justwise and the guru in the house make una help me look at my case....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Wow now this is crazy? What are they processing for more dan 90days? Dis is serious i must say! But hol up! Are you sure u aint counting weekends with it. because its only workings days after biometric ur to count dear

Farrm22:
I did my bometric on the 20th of may first time uk tourist visa applicant ....more day 90days after bometric I haven't hear from ukvi yet... I made a call across to them some weeks back and I was told decision Has not been made yet on my application ....now I'm confused on this whole issues... I need an advice from the house on what to do next... justwise and the guru in the house make una help me look at my case....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
Farrm22:

Most visit visas is 2-3weeks max to get dispatched or concluded email , if the originality of some applicants docs is doubted by an ECO, the ECO could decide to put it through investigation, that’s one possible reason it could take that long.

If all confirmed with positive investigation, trust me the chances of the applicant getting the visa is very high. No ECO would delay an application for 90 days for no genuine reason, it doesn’t matter if it’s a busy period or not. 2-3weeks max 98% do get dispatched or concluded email.

Hope you get good news soon, good luck

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by boss1401: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
MrsDaniels:
When did you apply pls....my cuz is really getting pissed as to why they delaying he's and his childs application biometrics since July 3rd....

I did my biometric June 19th...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2019
Sorry.
Contact them again. Please 20th of May is a while back.
I however do hope all documents used are genuine?
I remember a guy who had his application held for 6 months with no straight information from UKVI and after much ado his passport was withheld and sent to Nigeria Immigration Service, Abuja.. apparently he got fake stamps on his passport so as to portray a picture as though he had travelled out of Nigeria as he wrote in his application form.
.... and Of course 10 year ban came alongside.

Farrm22:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muchluv3: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
I really want to appreciate d effort of d Gurus on dis platform. I was granted Six months Visa.

My timeline

I did my biometrics on 26th July 2019.
Application concluded email received on 13th Aug 2019.
Collection of Passport email received on 16th Aug 2016
Passport Received today 19th August 2019

I have been a silent reader.
Thanks all cos ur comments added to d Success Story.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
Okay dear....
boss1401:

I did my biometric June 19th...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
Congratulations dear...
Muchluv3:
I really want to appreciate d effort of d Gurus on dis platform. I was granted Six months Visa.

My timeline

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
They never emailed you to tell u ur application is still on process? Asin the application aint straightforward standard email they send to applicants? You didnt receive any till now?
Farrm22:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Farrm22: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
MrsDaniels:
They never emailed you to tell u ur application is still on process? Asin the application aint straightforward standard email they send to applicants? You didnt receive any till now?

I have received the not straight forward message around June ever since then I haven't received any message from them yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
If your a first time applicant then what could be the problem then for them to not have responded since May thats crazy.... its way too long for a visit visa to take that long not like its settlement visa dt tks 60days . Are you sure all your supporting docs are genuine and that agent didnt help you fill your form because have heard cases here where they messed up applicants application....
Farrm22:

I have received the not straight forward message around June ever since then I haven't received any message from them yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
Farrm22:

Did you use an agent to put this application in?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend, as I don't want to rely on my judgment alone, so I need the house contribution on this.

A friend wants to travel, and is disposable income is 130k and he is planning to spend 300k on his trip for ten days. Accommodation, feeding taken care of by sponsor in the UK.

Now, he wants to know, if the ECO won't turn him down, since his spending is 40k over is two months salary.

Please any one with such experience?

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee: 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2019
ekpotek:

Your success in getting the visa will depend on a lot of things, if you can convince the ECO that your family will return after the visit. Do you and your husband have travel history to A list countries? Have you travel outside the country together. Who will finance the trip etc. Even applying for a visit visa to go and write an exams is not guaranteed. My take is apply to go and take your exams. If successful you can use that leverage to apply for your baby and then your husband in future.

thanks for your response... I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
Justblow:
Please I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend, as I don't want to rely on my judgment alone, so I need the house contribution on this.

A friend wants to travel, and is disposable income is 130k and he is planning to spend 300k on his trip for ten days. Accommodation, feeding taken care of by sponsor in the UK.

Now, he wants to know, if the ECO won't turn him down, since his spending is 40k over is two months salary.

Many thanks

Not spending more than 2months salary rule isn’t 100% right, family ties, properties, good job and savings and importance of the visit really matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
can you share document submitted
thanks

Muchluv3:

My timeline

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yansky(m): 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
good eening house, please this is urgent. i clicked on amend appointment on the tls site. which i already had a flexi appoinment for tomorrow. but i cant find the appointment anymore. please what does that mean? cz im scared shitless now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
yansky:
good eening house, please this is urgent. i clicked on amend appointment on the tls site. which i already had a flexi appoinment for tomorrow. but i cant find the appointment anymore. please what does that mean? cz im scared shitless now.

If you haven’t confirmed the new appointment, it should still be there. Probably system error, Log out and login
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yansky(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2019
Darvick:

If you haven’t confirmed the new appointment, it should still be there. Probably system error, Log out and login

still cant find it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
yansky:

still cant find it.

You sure you didn’t mistakenly click on cancel

Have you printed the appointment confirmation before you tried to amend it ? If you did and your appointment is tomorrow, just go with it to VAC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muchluv3: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
pufframmy:
can you share document submitted
thanks

Documents from Organisation

Offer letter,
Introduction letter,
Leave letter,
Six month pay slip

Documents from me

Statement of Account,
Reference letter from bank,
Documents of land property inherited from pops man,
photocopies of rent receipt,
death certificate of pops man.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yansky(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
Darvick:

You sure you didn’t mistakenly click on cancel

Have you printed the appointment confirmation before you tried to amend it ? If you did and your appointment is tomorrow, just go with it to VAC

i dont think i clicked cancel. yes i have payment confirmation in my email.

i will do that. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by embee430(m): 1:12am On Aug 20, 2019
I read somewhere that the ecowas passport is not a valid document for a UK Visa. Please those that have received so far should confirm this for me. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:43am On Aug 20, 2019
thanks for the sharing
Muchluv3:

Documents from Organisation

Offer letter,
Introduction letter,
Leave letter,
Six month pay slip

Documents from me

Statement of Account,
Reference letter from bank,
Documents of land property inherited from pops man,
photocopies of rent receipt,
death certificate of pops man.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:30am On Aug 20, 2019
The international passport is not the same as the ECOWAS passport, which only grants travel entry into 15 West African states (e-passports) is required for such applications. It enables to be able to retrieve ur biometric info and to know its geniunely issued by NIS.

embee430:
I read somewhere that the ecowas passport is not a valid document for a UK Visa. Please those that have received so far should confirm this for me. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Glink2018(m): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2019
Muchluv3:

My timeline

Which centre do you submit your application ?

Ikeja or VI or Abuja because I submitted my application on 25 July at Ikeja centre, up till now no response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2019

A friend wants to travel, and his disposable income is 130k and he is planning to spend 300k on his trip for ten days. Accommodation, feeding taken care of by sponsor in the UK.

Many thanks

Please help with this...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dustydee: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2019
MrsDaniels:
The international passport is not the same as the ECOWAS passport, which only grants travel entry into 15 West African states (e-passports) is required for such applications. It enables to be able to retrieve ur biometric info and to know its geniunely issued by NIS.

What? Please can you give a clearer explanation of this. This is new information to me and I will like to know your reasoning behind this information. Thank you.

embee430:
Your international passport is your ecowas passport (assuming you are a Nigerian).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by folmus: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2019
MrsDaniels:

Lolz grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.