Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440282 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Petrolhead77: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Hi beautiful people. Please I need the opinion of people who are experts in UK visa application here.

I submitted my application at TLS Ikeja on the 29th of April and I got back my passport on the 28th of June, I was denied. I submitted along with wife and son.

They returned only my passport which is strange since we submitted together. I need the passports back because we want to visit Dubai before school resumption next month and I'm yet to get my wife and son's passport. Its over 3 months now.

I have sent emails and they replied they would escalate the issue to the appropriate department and they never responded. I called this morning and when it got to the place where I'm supposed to input my card details they said it was rejected and I have funds in my account.

What can I do to get back these passports or know when I can get it back.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
See that for your perusal.

dustydee:

What? Please can you give a clearer explanation of this. This is new information to me and I will like to know your reasoning behind this information. Thank you.

Your international passport is your ecowas passport (assuming you are a Nigerian).

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dustydee: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
MrsDaniels:
See that for your perusal.

This is new to me and I hesitate to believe this information. For example, the e-passport issued by NIS is valid for travel in and outside ecowas and is in fact the ECOWAS passport as I know it. If I may ask, who issues the ECOWAS passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
My dear google is your friend...pls make use of it. Thanks!
dustydee:

This is new to me and I hesitate to believe this information. For example, the e-passport issued by NIS is valid for travel in and outside ecowas and is in fact the ECOWAS passport as I know it. If I may ask, who issues the ECOWAS passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Congrats bro. Can you share your closing balance, salary details, budget and highest deposit in your account? Did you use any invitation from a British resident?

Muchluv3:

Documents from Organisation

Offer letter,
Introduction letter,
Leave letter,
Six month pay slip

Documents from me

Statement of Account,
Reference letter from bank,
Documents of land property inherited from pops man,
photocopies of rent receipt,
death certificate of pops man.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muchluv3: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
Glink2018:

Which centre do you submit your application ?

Ikeja or VI or Abuja because I submitted my application on 25 July at Ikeja centre, up till now no response.

Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dustydee: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
MrsDaniels:
My dear google is your friend...pls make use of it. Thanks!
I have googled and the only reference I could find was travelstart, which is what you posted. I could not find this information on NIS site. The only passport picture I could find online with "ECOWAS" is the regular e-passport issued by NIS hence my question.
In any case thanks for your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by embee430(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
dustydee:

I have googled and the only reference I could fi. D was travelstart, which is what you posted. I could not find this information on NIS site. The only passport picture of I could find online with "ECOWAS" is the regular e-passport issued by NIS hence my question.
In any case thanks for your time.

This is where I got the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Glink2018(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Muchluv3:

Abuja

Okay. I'm prayerfully awaiting for my Visa.

I will share my testimony
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elderss: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good day Great people.

Kindly advise as regards this question on the Visa application form

"Do you have an address for where you are going to stay in the UK?

YES/NO"

Will selecting "No" have a significant impact on the visa outcome.

NB: Tier 2 visa applicant

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ekpotek: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
Petrolhead77:
Hi beautiful people. Please I need the opinion of people who are experts in UK visa application here.

I submitted my application at TLS Ikeja on the 29th of April and I got back my passport on the 28th of June, I was denied. I submitted along with wife and son.

They returned only my passport which is strange since we submitted together. I need the passports back because we want to visit Dubai before school resumption next month and I'm yet to get my wife and son's passport. Its over 3 months now.

I have sent emails and they replied they would escalate the issue to the appropriate department and they never responded. I called this morning and when it got to the place where I'm supposed to input my card details they said it was rejected and I have funds in my account.

What can I do to get back these passports or know when I can get it back.

PLEASE HELP ME.

If UKVI are yet to make a decision on your wife and son applications and you need their passport back. Write to cancel/withdraw their visa application and their passports will return back sharp sharp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muchluv3: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
Glink2018:

Okay. I'm prayerfully awaiting for my Visa.
I will share my testimony

By His grace u wl, just keep d Faith alive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Justblow:
Please I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend, as I don't want to rely on my judgment alone, so I need the house contribution on this.

A friend wants to travel, and his disposable income is 130k and he is planning to spend 300k on his trip for ten days. Accommodation, feeding taken care of by sponsor in the UK.

Now, he wants to know, if the ECO won't turn him down, since his spending is 40k over is two months salary.

Please any one with such experience?

Many thanks

Please help with this...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elderss:
Good day Great people.

YES/NO"

Thanks

Write the address of your sponsor. What type of Tier 2 is it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elderss: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
Innopre983:

Write the address of your sponsor. What type of Tier 2 is it?

Tier 2 General
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Muchluv3: 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
mroyato:

Congrats bro. Can you share your closing balance, salary details, budget and highest deposit in your account? Did you use any invitation from a British resident?

I had 1.3m as at d time I printed my bank statement, which entails my mothly salary 150k and the rent payment from tenant of d building i inherited from my father. I didn't use any invite. I only apply as a tourist man and commit everything into God's hands.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good evening my people. It all ended in praise. Collected my passport with VISA intact today after 100days since Biometric. Delay is never a denial indeed.

Biometric Enrollment- May 10
Application Transferred to DMC- May 10
Application Received by DMC- May 10
Application Transferred to VAC- August 13
Application received by VAC- August 19
Passport picked by applicant- August 20.

All thanks to God.

11 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ebylicious:
Good evening my people. It all ended in praise. Collected my passport with VISA intact today after 100days since Biometric. Delay is never a denial indeed.

All thanks to God.
A big congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
Opinion : I am of the opinion that anyone that gets his/her visa approved should go beyond providing details of application timeline. Let's talk about our budget for the trip, opening balance on account, closing balance on account, monthly salary, monthly expenses, let's talk about other monies in our account explained(Like, I had some money not from my income source that was explained), duration of intended stay in the UK. These details will go a long way in helping prospective applicants make informed decisions about their applications and ultimately reduce some questions being asked on the thread. Successful applicants can also provide list of documents submitted in the course of visa application. I believe we would have more success rate and less visa denials hopefully. Thanks everyone. More success to come.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lovesavvi: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
adecoal:
Same here o

any update from ur side,me i neva hear anything from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
My dear congrats....u gave it the best and supreme One who has the power over the universe "GOD".... at the end of it all he has the final say and not ECO.

Muchluv3:

I had 1.3m as at d time I printed my bank statement, which entails my mothly salary 150k and the rent payment from tenant of d building i inherited from my father. I didn't use any invite. I only apply as a tourist man and commit everything into God's hands.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
Congratulations dear....Wow 100days thats terrible on UKVI part....but what matters most is God gave you victory and put a smile on your lips. Congrts once more!

Ebylicious:

All thanks to God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
You should put your employer's address there.
Elderss:
Good day Great people.

YES/NO"

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elderss: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
nomad26:
You should put your employer's address there.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adecoal: 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
At all... do you have travel history?

lovesavvi:
any update from ur side,me i neva hear anything from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elderss:

Tier 2 General

Then put your employer's address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
MrsDaniels:
Congratulations dear....Wow 100days thats terrible on UKVI part....but what matters most is God gave you victory and put a smile on your lips. Congrts once more!

Yes ooo, they contacted me August 2nd to inform me that they had technical challenge and were unable to retrieve my supporting documents. So they advised me of an email to send my supporting documents again under 1week which I did. I say its a blessing indeed cus I used the opportunity to attach my cover letter which I didn't upload during my application.

I just give God the glory.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ebylicious:

Yes ooo, they contacted me August 2nd to inform me that they had technical challenge and were unable to retrieve my supporting documents. So they advised me of an email to send my supporting documents again under 1week which I did. I say its a blessing indeed cus I used the opportunity to attach my cover letter which I didn't upload during my application.

I just give God the glory.
I thank God for you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Elderss: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
Innopre983:

Then put your employer's address

Okay.
Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
Muchluv3:

Thanks bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
Excellent Opinion bro. Seconded by me!!

Dolorsa:
Opinion : I am of the opinion that anyone that gets his/her visa approved should go beyond providing details of application timeline. Let's talk about our budget for the trip, opening balance on account, closing balance on account, monthly salary, monthly expenses, let's talk about other monies in our account explained(Like, I had some money not from my income source that was explained), duration of intended stay in the UK. These details will go a long way in helping prospective applicants make informed decisions about their applications and ultimately reduce some questions being asked on the thread. Successful applicants can also provide list of documents submitted in the course of visa application. I believe we would have more success rate and less visa denials hopefully. Thanks everyone. More success to come.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lovesavvi: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
adecoal:
At all... do you have travel history?

yea, only dubai early this year.but i dont think that one really matter for uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.