Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440407 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Can anyone confirm the possibility of applying to the UK without submission of passport until the final decision is made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adecoal: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Oh okay... so what’s now the problem...only if someone’s can actually tell what the decision is

lovesavvi:
yea, only dubai early this year.but i dont think that one really matter for uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 6:04am On Aug 21, 2019
Please I need to ask this question on behalf of a friend, as I don't want to rely on my judgment alone, so I need the house contribution on this.

A friend wants to travel, and his disposable income is 130k and he is planning to spend 300k on his trip for ten days. Accommodation, feeding taken care of by sponsor in the UK.

Now, he wants to know, if the ECO won't turn him down, since his spending is 40k over is two months salary.

Please any one with such experience?

Many thanks

Please help with this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2019
Well when God works in one's favour nuffin can stop it. Congrats dear once again and enjoy your trip.

Ebylicious:

Yes ooo, they contacted me August 2nd to inform me that they had technical challenge and were unable to retrieve my supporting documents. So they advised me of an email to send my supporting documents again under 1week which I did. I say its a blessing indeed cus I used the opportunity to attach my cover letter which I didn't upload during my application.

I just give God the glory.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2019
Yes it’s possible with the ‘Keep my passport’ service.
When the decision is made whether you were granted or rejected you would be asked to submit your passport and then you’ll either receive a refusal letter or visa vignette. Check TLS website for the price of this service
mroyato:
Can anyone confirm the possibility of applying to the UK without submission of passport until the final decision is made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2019
giselle237:
When the decision is made whether you were granted or rejected you would be asked to submit your passport and then you’ll either receive a refusal letter or visa vignette. Check TLS website for the price of this service

You can do keep my passport at extra cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MEhizele: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2019
Hello Guys.

Thanks so much for the platform, I had no need to use an agent because I had access to all information here.

I did my biometrics on the 16th of July 19.

I got a mail on the 31st of July requesting for my account statement which I already uploaded using eDossier App.

I got another mail on the 8th of August requesting for TB certificate

Then finally I got a mail from TLS for collection on the 20th of August and my application was successful.

Thanks so much for the great work here.
God bless you�

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
Got concluded message since 15th August and till date no response... anyone in the same ship? My paddy needs to leave nigeria first week September ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:
Got concluded message since 15th August and till date no response... anyone in the same ship? My paddy needs to leave nigeria first week September ooo.
By first week of September, let him go and stay in Ghana first, since your paddy needs to leave Nigeria by first week of September. He can return to Nigeria when his passport is ready to travel to the UK. Na joke ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thanks bro

giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mroyato(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
Do you have an idea how much the extra charge is?

Darvick:

You can do keep my passport at extra cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
mroyato:

Do you have an idea how much the extra charge is?

Attached is the cost of keep my passport #27000 or £58, price varies base on exchange rate

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Please can you share documents submitted

MEhizele:
Hello Guys.

Thanks so much for the platform, I had no need to use an agent because I had access to all information here.

I did my biometrics on the 16th of July 19.

I got a mail on the 31st of July requesting for my account statement which I already uploaded using eDossier App.

I got another mail on the 8th of August requesting for TB certificate

Then finally I got a mail from TLS for collection on the 20th of August and my application was successful.

Thanks so much for the great work here.
God bless you�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lovesavvi: 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:
same here august 14, no respond yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Warm greetings to everyone here, I have been a silent reader on this platform and I carefully observed comments and observations from this platform which I used during my UK Visa application process. However, I received my application today and unfortunately, the application was rejected (reasons attached).

Please note that:
1. My budget for the proposed trip for 5 days was N400k (flight, hostel, tours and light shopping)- I was surprised the ECO stated that I was planning to spend over 5 times of my income. Biko is 5x200k equal to 400k? smiley

1.1 [/b]My monthly income is 200K, paid in USD then I convert it directly from USD Salary Account to my Naira Account
[b]1.2 [/b]My Month expenses in 70K but there are some months I don't use my Salary at all due to the fact that I get travel bonuses and other incomes from freelance research jobs, which are OK to cover my expenses for that month and I stated this clearly on my Cover Letter

[b]2
. I earn my salary in USD-( I provided my salary bank statements with a closing balance of a little over 500 USD)

3. My Savings Account had a closing balance of N1.2M

4. [/b]Provided a cover letter explaining my intent to travel, huge cash lodgements on my account early this year which was traced to my end of the year bonus, I work freelance- doing research for people, I even quoted a link to my profile with over 8k visits on a popular research website

[b]5.
I'm single though

6. Travelled to South Africa on vacation some two years ago on my old passport( Though I scanned and uploaded the pages as evidence of travel history)

7. I have been denied visas for US and Canada- which I declared on my visa application

8. Please I would like to re-apply but would need your sincere opinions on my mistake(s)

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hello all...Just tot to share this for pple who has got their applications still in progress and hoping. So my cuz who did his biometrics with the son on July 3rd got the standard email of applicatn not straightforward....and today he got a call from a Nigerian number only to pick and Viola it was a white dude who introduced himself and says his calling from Home office.....Note "my cuz schooled in UK and travelled twice after that"........he had been denied USA medical/tourism visa alongside his wife lastyear as he wanted to follow her for birthing of their son. So he got refused when they asked for proof of his expired biometrice residence permit in the UK. And he said he didnt ve it an thats why they got refused. And same he was asked by the home office dude what reason did they give for denying his Canadian study visa he told them as he declared been refused in his application also. Na so dem tell am say they wan go reassess him application. Serioysly he said he knows this is a GOD move because he had been refused twice for silly reasons having to do with a money his dad sent to his UK account and cos he didnt explain it and all. He said the both refused ones they never cald and its same info he input in dis he input in dose ones.. and now Homeoffice call for him to pls give more explanation. God really moves for his own kids. Am sure its gonna be a good one for him. Wishing everyoda applicants a goodnews and God will speak for y'all behalf.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hello sorry for your refusal....But from what you wrote and what the Eco is saying i think its because your a freelancer he or she might feel that you might elope as they feel your not in fixed kinda employment and a long-term commitment to any employer or coy. Eco's judgment isnt a fair one, you could reapply and tackle mainly by bringung the attention of the Eco to facts you wanna put tru for them to know and proof yourself worthy of the Visa in favor of your application. All the best!

obiz0819:
Warm greetings to everyone here, I have been a silent reader on this platform and I carefully observed comments and observations from this platform which I used during my UK Visa application process. However, I received my application today and unfortunately, the application was rejected (reasons attached).

Please note that:
1. My budget for the proposed trip for 5 days was N400k (flight, hostel, tours and light shopping)- I was surprised the ECO stated that I was planning to spend over 5 times of my income. Biko is 5x200k equal to 400k? smiley

1.1 [/b]My monthly income is 200K, paid in USD then I convert it directly from USD Salary Account to my Naira Account
[b]1.2 [/b]My Month expenses in 70K but there are some months I don't use my Salary at all due to the fact that I get travel bonuses and other incomes from freelance research jobs, which are OK to cover my expenses for that month and I stated this clearly on my Cover Letter

[b]2
. I earn my salary in USD-( I provided my salary bank statements with a closing balance of a little over 500 USD)

4. [/b]Provided a cover letter explaining my intent to travel, huge cash lodgements on my account early this year which was traced to my end of the year bonus, I work freelance- doing research for people, I even quoted a link to my profile with over 8k visits on a popular research website

[b]5.
I'm single though

6. Travelled to South Africa on vacation some two years ago on my old passport( Though I scanned and uploaded the pages as evidence of travel history)

7. I have been denied visas for US and Canada- which I declared on my visa application

8. Please I would like to re-apply but would need your sincere opinions on my mistake(s)

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
obiz0819:

Please note that:

[b]2

[b]5.
I'm single though

Thank you.

Bro, you provided too much information in the course of your application. Did you actually state N400K as your budget for the trip cos the ECO didn't say anything about it yet he went ahead to say your budget was 5 times your monthly income? And that's very rare for an ECO not to state the budget for a trip when an application is refused on the basis of spending more on a trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
MrsDaniels:

Hello sorry for your refusal....But from what you wrote and what the Eco is saying i think its because your a freelancer he or she might feel that you might elope as they feel your not in fixed kinda employment with an organisation.

Oh about that, the freelancer thing is a side income oo. I am fully employed with a foreign mission in Nigeria which pays my Salary. Of course, I presented a Letter of Introduction from work, Work ID and My Employment Contract. I think the issue is with my expenditure and income and I still confused on why it should be an issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
Dolorsa:
Bro, you provided too much information in the course of your application. Did you actually state N400K as your budget for the trip cos the ECO didn't say anything about it yet he went ahead to say your budget was 5 times your monthly income? And that's very rare for an ECO not to state the budget for a trip when an application is refused on the basis of spending more on a trip.

Too much information? Biko make me understand and regards if I stated 400k as my budget for this trip, please see enclosed

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
Its like the Eco deducted ur monthly expenditures frim ur salary hence left with 130k and u wanna spend 400k thats gonna be 3times and a few more of your salary. Hence the refusal i guess. If your freelancing job is a sid hustlethen those reasons above myt be the sole reason. And from the form you posted now....you said you ean 280k in a year....you freaking confused the Eco cheesy

obiz0819:

Oh about that, the freelancer thing is a side income oo. I am fully employed with a foreign mission in Nigeria which pays my Salary. Of course, I presented a Letter of Introduction from work, Work ID and My Employment Contract. I think the issue is with my expenditure and income and I still confused on why it should be an issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Le
obiz0819:

Please note that:

[b]2

[b]5.
I'm single though

Thank you.

Trust me you did very well on your application, the red flags on your application are

Firstly you got a dependant your sister
Secondly you have been refused by US and Canada recently

As ECO first thing that will come to his or her mind is you desperately wanna leave Nigeria ASAP, therefore the ECO will find excuse to deny you. Look at it yourself it’s obvious that your cost isn’t 5times your salary as the ECO claimed.

This platform can help and mess you up, if everyone starts disclosing all info, only a few like 10% will get visa lol. The fact is don’t lie or make up things on your application and dont fake anything but be smart about what would have negative impact on your application.

Come on now you were refused by Canada US and expected to easily get a UK visa, your chance is slim. I don’t mean someone refused by US Canada can’t get UK visa o

My advice is Wait 1-2yrs and reapply don’t put dependant, build up more ties like family (wife and kids) and properties. Also let your reason for visit to be more genuine like attending graduation naming wedding etc

Good luck and all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
obiz0819:

Too much information? Biko make me understand and regards if I stated 400k as my budget for this trip, please see enclosed
Your 200k monthly salary was enough to have gotten you a visa. All you needed to do was reduce your monthly expenses to 40k and also reduce your budget for the trip. The freelance story didn't really go down well with the ECO. Did you submit sufficient documents to convince the ECO about your other income? As for the budget being 5 times your monthly income, I think the ECO meant to say monthly disposable income as your monthly income of 200k x 5 isn't 400k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
Darvick:
Le Trust me you did very well on your application, the red flags on your application are

As ECO first thing that will come to his or her mind is you desperately wanna leave Nigeria ASAP, therefore the ECO will find excuse to deny you. Look at it yourself it’s obvious that your cost isn’t 5times your salary as the ECO claimed.

This platform can help and mess you up, if everyone starts disclosing all info, only a few like 10% will get visa lol. The fact is don’t lie or make up things on your application and dont fake anything but be smart about what would have negative impact on your application.
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THERE IS MORE TO THIS PLATFORM THAN MEETS THE EYE?

Come on now you were refused by Canada US and expected to easily get a UK visa, your chance is slim. I don’t mean someone refused by US Canada can’t get UK visa o
THIS IS MEDICINE AFTER DEATH

My advice is Wait 1-2yrs and reapply don’t put dependant, build up more ties like family (wife and kids) and properties. Also let your reason for visit to be more genuine like attending graduation naming wedding etc

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
@ the bolded....My bro was refused a USA study visa lastyear and he applied for UK visit visa he was given please. And the sister is part of his tie to Nigeria as she is his dependant. A person going for tourism can get a visa and not just for reasons like Grad or weddings. At the end of it God has the final say.

And whats wrong with this platform?

Darvick:
Le Trust me you did very well on your application, the red flags on your application are

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Darvick:

Thank you for your response. But my these refusals were gotten between 2014-2016. I have not applied for visas since then

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obiz0819: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
MrsDaniels:
@ the bolded....My bro was refused a USA study visa lastyear and he applied for UK visit visa he was given please. And the sister is part of his tie to Nigeria as she is his dependant. A person going for tourism can get a visa and not just for reasons like Grad or weddings. At the end of it God has the final say.

And whats wrong with this platform?

So Madam, please how do you advise I cure this perceived mistake/confusion? In making a reapplication, Do I 1.[/b]Remove my additional income, [b]2. Reduce my proposed budget, 3. How soon can I make a reapplication?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
obiz0819:

So Madam, please how do you advise I cure this perceived mistake/confusion? In making a reapplication, Do I 1.[/b]Remove my additional income, [b]2. Reduce my proposed budget, 3. How soon can I make a reapplication?
Best bet right now is for you to allow some time before making a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
obiz0819:

@MrsDaniels, a sister isn’t a strong family tie. Under the visa application, sister doesn’t fall under family anymore.

Because your brother was lucky to get UK visa doesn’t mean everyone is gonna be lucky the same way.

I never said its not possible, my conclusion is base on negative impact and I clearly stated there that coz someone refused UK Canada visas doesn't mean he or she can’t get UK visa.

Please read to understand before writing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by knytred: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Please can one also included a landed property belonging to the father even though he is still very much alive , reasons being that he is old and doesn’t live in the city anymore (relocated to the home town/ village) so the applicant basically takes care and is in charge of the property ?

Muchluv3:

Documents from Organisation

Offer letter,
Introduction letter,
Leave letter,
Six month pay slip

Documents from me

Statement of Account,
Reference letter from bank,
Documents of land property inherited from pops man,
photocopies of rent receipt,
death certificate of pops man.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gibsonwales(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good day house, I greet everyone. I'll like to ask two questions

1. What document(s) does someone need for a visiting VISA to UK

2. What document(s) do I need for a poultry farm training in London. I have a degree (B.Tech) in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development. I'm into poultry birds and piggery farming already. My business is registered and I also have evidence of tax payment.

Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.