Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451777 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
[quote author=DFmum post=108727460]Thr truth is, we didn't get any letter explaining reason for refusal or ban as the case may be .

But what happens if it was ban? How long before it can be lifted? And idea or suggestions?

So sorry for your husband's recent refusal and the uncertainty surrounding your children's application.

However, please permit me here to input a bit of my thoughts.
As you have stated he was refused in 2015, but without a refusal letter or mail. Whilst it is possible that this might have been the case, it is very likely that other scenario played out, scenario like
The agent might have extracted the refusal notice without you or your husband's knowledge to cover up the VO's reasoning and conclusion for a refusal at that time, thus this would have kept you and your husband in the dark until now that some rays of light have begun to shine on the reasons for a refusal and the dark agent's work as at that time.
Going further, if you are certain that a note/refusal letter was never issued then, this is what i would advice
considering your husband's category of visa(dependent visa) most likely the recent refusal had come with a right to appeal, thus you and your husband may choose to exercise the right to appeal personally or talk to an immigration expert to help do this in which you and your husband would make it known that a reason for refusal was never served as at that time and no prior knowledge of a forged document, which would explain why he probably has put in an application at this time. But if there is no right to appeal, you may wish to write an administrative review in respect to your husband's recent refusal which could earn your husband some sort of reprieve for re-application of visas within the ban period, but likely not.
Answering other question "when the ban could be lifted", if as stated in the recent refusal letter, that previous refusal was due to a forged document; that means that your husband is most likely on a 10 years ban which started to count from the day he had received previous refusal letter and as such he has served 5-6 years of the 10 years ban depending on the date and month of recipient of previous refusal in 2015, as such he has 4-5 years left to serve out the ban.
Finally, on your children's visas application possible outcome, it is 50-50 thing at this time, which means it could still be successful or denied as their father who would have traveled with them has had his application denied.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Saacete1:
I joined nairaland few weeks ago, I have a refusal letter here, please house advice me on what to do

Sorry for your refusal letter, You may wish to go back a few threads, you would find there similar cases of refusal and gallant advises that were dished out at that time.

However, if that would be a bit of further stress, this is what i would advice
You may which to run a separate account other than your company's account, where you will pay yourself monthly income at a specific date for a period of six month, whilst doing so you try to have an explainable monthly disposable income that would address your current refusal letter. You should be aware that your monthly income should be such that it correlates with your yearly earnings.
I have stated a 6 months period as in most cases a 6 months bank statement is what is required, however, i have also read here where successful applicants submitted for a lesser period.

Thank you and wish you a successful application next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fasttrack(m): 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
leef2022:

Sorry for your refusal letter, You may wish to go back a few threads, you would find there similar cases of refusal and gallant advises that were dished out at that time.

You may which to run a separate account other than your company's account, where you will pay yourself monthly income at a specific date for a period of six month, whilst doing so you try to have an explainable monthly disposable income that would address your current refusal letter. You should be aware that your monthly income should be such that it correlates with your yearly earnings.
I have stated a 6 months period as in most cases a 6 months bank statement is what is required, however, i have also read here where successful applicants submitted for a lesser period.

Yup, really really dicey mate, bc they need the spouse presence in the UK when issuing depandant visas for kids. You can write to enquire the reason for denial in 2015, they have the records for this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
damdee:

51 WORKING DAYS
Debbieeeeeee:
41 working days

It would be logical to say and come to a conclusion that visa renewal applicants are cynically delayed, and perhaps, new applicants are harshly gone through whilst ducking on the simplest error to issue a refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
Please who here has used the “keep my passport” service, I want to ask if after paying for the service is it necessary to still go with the passport on the day of biometric or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ok thanks ,
In my application documents I gave 3 bank statement, a company account, a personal savings and a domiciliary to back it up. But the VO didn't check the other bank account s or read my cover letter.
Though The domiciliary is direct deposit from me not from my business account since naira can't enter a domiciliary.
While the savings I use it too for business and a few transaction s from company to it. I wrote a letter to explain everything, but the VO didn't read the cover letter.

leef2022:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:
Please who here has used the “keep my passport” service, I want to ask if after paying for the service is it necessary to still go with the passport on the day of biometric or not?

Yes, it is and please permit me to say a must as your passport would be needed and is part of the bio-metrics process. After the bio-metrics you would work-out of the TLS building with your passport until day of collection of your visa, when you would have to re-visit the center with your passport or as would be directed via mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnint:
Ok thanks ,
In my application documents I gave 3 bank statement, a company account, a personal savings and a domiciliary to back it up. But the VO didn't check the other bank account s or read my cover letter.
Though The domiciliary is direct deposit from me not from my business account since naira can't enter a domiciliary.
While the savings I use it too for business and a few transaction s from company to it. I wrote a letter to explain everything, but the VO didn't read the cover letter.

?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnint:
Ok thanks ,

Good day Sir/Madam.
Please i am not sure i quite understood your message, are you saying you paid your income/salary in foreign currency? where is your company operational please?
Mind you please, some applicants here have had just a single(company's account) and had a successful application, so having the multiple account is no guarantee as to which way your application would go, but perhaps offer the applicant a bit of flexibility in explaining finances during application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2021
After a long time the BHC finally replied me, do some foreign business too, and have business in here too, I operate Dom account too, but explained I pay my self in USD as well, though a large deposit but explained in my cover letter but the VO didn't bother to read it.

There's no direct transfer from my naira business to my dorm, since they are separate currency, I do the lodgement myself.

Though don't plan to reapply, this I sufer

leef2022:

Good day Sir/Madam.
Please i am not sure i quite understood your message, are you saying you paid your income/salary in foreign currency? where is your company operational please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnint:
After a long time the BHC finally replied me, do some foreign business too, and have business in here too, I operate Dom account too, but explained I pay my self in USD as well, though a large deposit but explained in my cover letter but the VO didn't bother to read it.

There's no direct transfer from my naira business to my dorm, since they are separate currency, I do the lodgement myself.

Though don't plan to reapply, this I sufer

Sorry about this, but myself find the explanation a bit complex to digest.
However, if you may permit me, this is how i would handle application like yours;
If i had a functional and operational business here in Nigeria, this would be my "major source of income", hence i would set out a monthly income from my Nigerian business and pay into a naira savings account from this business and try to keep a correlative disposal income for a certain period so i could use for my application.
Now, going further in the application, i would state that i have or receive other regular income; note in such instances you may or may not supply financial statement as this is your "other regular income", if you which you may delineate on that source other source of income later in your application in the "further details section" or on a cover letter. But don't make your business abroad more important to the one here, as the one here would not only be used for your source of income by the VO, but also economic ties to Nigeria.

I do encourage you to not give in, address the VO's correct or incorrect concerns and re-apply. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
I applied the wrong time, I planned to travel in Nov my travel date has passed and what I planned to do there , I used same process and documents for other countries and it worked. Ok thanks.

leef2022:

Sorry about this, but myself find the explanation a bit complex to digest.
However, if you may permit me, this is how i would handle application as such yours;
I have a functional and operational business here in Nigeria, this would be my "major source of income", hence i would set out a monthly income from my Nigerian business and pay into a naira savings account from this business and try to keep a correlative disposal income for a certain period so i could use for my application.
Now, going further in the application, i would state that i have or receive other regular income; note in such instances you may or may not supply financial statement as this is your "other regular income", if you which you may delineate on that source other source of income later in your application in the "further details section" or on a cover letter. But don't make your business abroad more important to the one here, as the one here would not only be used for your source of income by the VO, but also economic ties to Nigeria.

I do encourage you to not give in, address the VO's correct or incorrect concerns and re-apply. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
leef2022:

Yes, it is and please permit me to say a must as your passport would be needed and is part of the bio-metrics process. After the bio-metrics you would work-out of the TLS building with your passport until day of collection of your visa, when you would have to re-visit the center with your passport or as would be directed via mail.

Thanks for this prompt info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Saacete1: 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ok, any other advice from guru s in the house. Thinking of reapplying soon.
leef2022:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Estarbucks: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2021
Hello Everybody.
I previously applied for a visitor’s visa in October for which I had to withdraw my application because of the delay in processing and I needed my passport urgently.
This time around, I want to apply for a tier2 dependency visa, I want to find out if I need to indicate that I withdrew a previous application in the new application?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2021
Please I have done my UK visiting visa appointment here in Lagos since October 25th and yet to get response from the embassy... Please I need help or advice. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dbiks: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2021
Pls which tls center offers close date for biometrics.... VI or ikeja...... For tier 2....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2021
Osondubueze:
Please I have done my UK visiting visa appointment here in Lagos since October 25th and yet to get response from the embassy... Please I need help or advice. Thanks
We are plenty waiting, don’t worry. 42 working days here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

We are plenty waiting, don’t worry. 42 working days here.
What could be the cause of the delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2021
Osondubueze:
What could be the cause of the delay?
1) unprecedented application numbers
2) red-list ban for about 1 and half weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2021
Estarbucks:
Hello Everybody.
I previously applied for a visitor’s visa in October for which I had to withdraw my application because of the delay in processing and I needed my passport urgently.
This time around, I want to apply for a tier2 dependency visa, I want to find out if I need to indicate that I withdrew a previous application in the new application?
Thank you.

Good day,

Yes, you will have to indicate that in your future visas applications, as failure to do so, maybe interpreted by the VO, as you concealing a fact and cause a refusal or a ban. So please, better you indicate it and state the reason for withdrawal of your application just like you have stated here.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2021
Estarbucks:
Hello Everybody.
Thank you.
What could be the cause of the delay in visitor visa.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Withdrawal of application is not the same as denial. If there is a question of whether you’ve ever withdrawn an application, indicate it in the form. If not, just address it in your cover letter. Don’t go and say that you’ve been denied visa ooooo
Estarbucks:
Hello Everybody.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyuche: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2021
Hello Everyone,

There is no more option for priority visa. Like what do one do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Estarbucks: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2021
leef2022:

Good day,

Yes, you will have to indicate that in your future visas applications, as failure to do so, maybe interpreted by the VO, as you concealing a fact and cause a refusal or a ban. So please, better you indicate it and state the reason for withdrawal of your application just like you have stated here.

thanks

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Estarbucks: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2021
cutebear:
Withdrawal of application is not the same as denial. If there is a question of whether you’ve ever withdrawn an application, indicate it in the form. If not, just address it in your cover letter. Don’t go and say that you’ve been denied visa ooooo

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 10:01am On Dec 23, 2021
beautyuche:
Hello Everyone,

There is no more option for priority visa. Like what do one do now?

you may want to make an early application, not earlier than 3 months to your intended departure or arrival date to the UK, go for the option keep my passport during bio-metrics, so in an event you have any need for your passport while waiting for a decision you can make do with your passport. But hopefully they resume the priority option soon, as nothing equates getting a quick response in a visa application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyuche: 10:36am On Dec 23, 2021
Thank You for your response.
Also I can not find the page to book appointment from the uk website after payment. How do i sort this as it just says further action and sign out.

Please disregard. sorted now

leef2022:

you may want to make an early application, not earlier than 3 months to your intended departure or arrival date to the UK, go for the option keep my passport during bio-metrics, so in an event you have any need for your passport while waiting for a decision you can make do with your passport. But hopefully they resume the priority option soon, as nothing equates getting a quick response in a visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2021
beautyuche:
Thank You for your response.
Also I can not find the page to book appointment from the uk website after payment. How do i sort this as it just says further action and sign out.

Please advice

good day,

1. I am not sure i understand extensively the complexity of your application process, however here are a few possible way out
you may visit any TLS center, explain yourself out, they maybe be in a better situation to help or offer you a walk-in appointment depending on availability.
2. find any complaint contact on the website and lay a complaint and see if that could help resolve the issue.
3. you may want to continue your application on a different browser or device other than the current browser or device you are currently experiencing this issue, whilst clearing your cache and cookies.
Disclaimer: other sites/bookmarked pages, signed-in details on your device is likely to be cleared/lost if you decide to clear your cache or cookies.

Wish you a successful visa application. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by beautyuche: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2021
Sorted now. Thank you

leef2022:

good day,

1. I am not sure i understand extensively the complexity of your application process, however here are a few possible way out
you may visit any TLS center, explain yourself out, they maybe be in a better situation to help or offer you a walk-in appointment depending on availability.
2. find any complaint contact on the website and lay a complaint and see if that could help resolve the issue.
3. you may want to continue your application on a different browser or device other than the current browser or device you are currently experiencing this issue, whilst clearing your cache and cookies.
Disclaimer: other sites/bookmarked pages, signed-in details on your device is likely to be cleared/lost if you decide to clear your cache or cookies.

Wish you a successful visa application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hi fam.
Please my cousin has been refused UK Visit Visa two times. I'd like to know if this will have an impact on her future applications.
Also, if she get admitted in a university in the UK or USA with a scholarship, is she likely to be refused based on her two times previous UK visit visa refusal?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
If going for study, as long as she follows the procedure, her previous refusal won’t be a problem.
Kenneth417:
Hi fam.
Please my cousin has been refused UK Visit Visa two times. I'd like to know if this will have an impact on her future applications.
Also, if she get admitted in a university in the UK or USA with a scholarship, is she likely to be refused based on her two times previous UK visit visa refusal?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.