Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451914 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2021
30th of November I received a mail from uk embassy saying my application is processed and VAC will contact me for collection of passport

Today is 23rd and no pick up mail...... so I went to tls on Monday to apply for passport withdrawal......

I hope they response within short time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kuntash: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
Osondubueze:
What could be the cause of the delay in visitor visa.?

but someone had answered you up there ..

also for your knowledge about where you wish to visit ...always tune to BBC news to know about latest updates ..today for example they reported a record number of covid in a day in the news ...new cases ever recorded hitting 100k in a day !!

you may wish to reason thru decision making with respect to visitor visa if you are asked to make such decision on granting visitors visa .. ..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Russkii: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good day Every one. During my biometrics, I opted and paid for the keep my passport service at TLS. I have received a decision mail and will be submitting my passport to receive the visa. Any idea on how long it will take to get my passport back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hi everyone, good day. I just got this message and I don’t understand it. Someone should please help me out with it. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=babranancy post=108750994]Hi everyone, good day. I just got this message and I don’t understand it. Someone should please help me out with it. Thanks

Please anyone knows what this message means, I did my biometric on 9th December and got that Message today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luiginho2xl(m): 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
babranancy:
Hi everyone, good day. I just got this message and I don’t understand it. Someone should please help me out with it. Thanks
They are just letting you know that the visa processing may take a longer time than they advertised. Its a common mail they send to everyone nowadays.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
Russkii:
Good day Every one. During my biometrics, I opted and paid for the keep my passport service at TLS. I have received a decision mail and will be submitting my passport to receive the visa. Any idea on how long it will take to get my passport back?
Since you’ve gotten a decision I don’t think sticking the Visa vignette to the passport should not take time. Please keep the house updated .
Lastly, when was your biometrics? did you apply for priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
luiginho2xl:
They are just letting you know that the visa processing may take a longer time than they advertised. Its a common mail they send to everyone nowadays.

Oh, thanks for explaining it to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Russkii: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Since you’ve gotten a decision I don’t think sticking the Visa vignette to the passport should not take time. Please keep the house updated .
Lastly, when was your biometrics? did you apply for priority?

Thank you for your reply. I did my biometrics on 9th of december. I paid for priority but was told to apply for a refund hence standard...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osoderi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Brenda37:
PCR test 48hrs before you travel, book & pay for day2 PCR test you will do when u get there. So basically for the fully vaccinated, you are doing a test b4 you travel and another test on the 2nd day when you get there

Dear Brenda, so I am only doing the PCR and day 2 PCR? I am fully vaccinated. on the website I saw day2 only and day2 &Day8. So I pick only the day 2 right?

Also I am travelling on the 1st of Jan, when is the right time for me to do the PCR?

Thank you for your resonse.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hello Osoderi.. Yes dear, you will just pick only day2 since you are fully vaccinated. Since you are traveling 1st Jan, then you will need to do PCR test 30th Dec, fill the passenger locator form and also pay for the day2 test as well.
Osoderi:

Dear Brenda, so I am only doing the PCR and day 2 PCR? I am fully vaccinated. on the website I saw day2 only and day2 &Day8. So I pick only the day 2 right?

Also I am travelling on the 1st of Jan, when is the right time for me to do the PCR?

Thank you for your resonse.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
I have just been refused. What should I do. This is my third refusal

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
bukimireal:

Sorry mate for your refusal letter and even more so, sorry for having to go through this a 3rd time.

I would like to start by advising you take a look at the 3 refusal letters you have had, and work towards addressing the VOs concerns in areas mentioned, and in areas where you have doubt or unable to correct the VOs concerns you can reach out to Tutu, gisselle, Debbieeee, Justwise or other gurus to guide you.

However from your recent refusal, you did not offer sufficient explanation to other regular income that you received as indicated on your financial documents, thus, if in subsequent application you have regular deposits other than you basic income, you may wish to offer some concrete explanation as to source of income. If you married you can back up your application with your marriage certificate and offspring(s) to show some family ties, some evidence of properties if any would be good.
Finally, you may wish to visit some other countries, build a travel history before re-applying to the UK.

I wish you a success in your next application. Don't give in. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:06am On Dec 24, 2021
bukimireal:
Let's begin with when was your first, second, and third application made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2021
Both is 2014 July and December

Debbieeeeeee:

Let's begin with when was your first, second, and third application made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osoderi(m): 4:27am On Dec 24, 2021
Brenda37:
Hello Osoderi.. Yes dear, you will just pick only day2 since you are fully vaccinated. Since you are traveling 1st Jan, then you will need to do PCR test 30th Dec, fill the passenger locator form and also pay for the day2 test as well.

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 4:59am On Dec 24, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2021
Debbieeee

Please today makes it 24day my international passport is not yet returned..

I have not received any mail from TLS about collection and I even went to there office to make a withdrawal on Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2021
We won’t even be able to count Dec 27th & 28th as part of our application working days because they are public holidays and the UKVI will be closed.
So after today, it’s till next week Wednesday that we will resume the counting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2021
bukimireal:
There are two issues here: ties to Nigeria be it social, economic, etc ( officer has just noted in this refusal that you don't have ties that'll bring you back home after your visit. Are you married? Do you have kids? Do you have aged parents that you care for here? Do you have property here?

He also said there as deposits in your account about the 300k you stated that you earn without explanation.
Did you do a letter of explanation, explaining your herbal circumstances and also explaining three extra monies in your account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:06am On Dec 24, 2021
cutebear:
We won’t even be able to count Dec 27th & 28th as part of our application working days because they are public holidays and the UKVI will be closed.
So after today, it’s till next week Wednesday that we will resume the counting.
Yes, I'm 43WD today and I don’t know what to say again. Anyways 44WD on Wednesday. No passport collection mail recently sef.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2021
I explained some amount in my account. I have a property. Also have a dependant brother

Debbieeeeeee:

There are two issues here: ties to Nigeria be it social, economic, etc ( officer has just noted in this refusal that you don't have ties that'll bring you back home after your visit. Are you married? Do you have kids? Do you have aged parents that you care for here? Do you have property here?

He also said there as deposits in your account about the 300k you stated that you earn without explanation.
Did you do a letter of explanation, explaining your herbal circumstances and also explaining three extra monies in your account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2021
Do you have travel history? What about your parents? Being married wit kids is also 1 Big advantage. What is the worth of the property you have?
bukimireal:
I explained some amount in my account. I have a property. Also have a dependant brother

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2021
They take their time to check all those things and also if there are irregularities in your account, then that will also be a Big problem.
Brenda37:
Do you have travel history? What about your parents? Being married wit kids is also 1 Big advantage. What is the worth of the property you have?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:48am On Dec 24, 2021
In my opinion, this tie thing should not ideally be an issue. Your job is a tie, which should be enough to secure you a visa. I feel the VO is already biased, given the previous refusals. I also think the situation with your finances did not help your case at all.

I have applied for a UK visa a few times from Nigeria, and I have never had a problem. My only tie to Nigeria per se is my parents, whom I never mention apart from the part where you are asked about their details. I am less than 30 yrs old, so well within the age group of irregular migrants.

I suggest that you stop applying to the UK, focus on building a decent travel history and keep your account clean. I have found that the easiest way to get a visa is to keep your story straight and present a clean account. Unfortunately, no VO has the time to try to untangle a convoluted tale. Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:51am On Dec 24, 2021
Russkii:

2-3 days ideally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Nchabuomo:
In my opinion, this tie thing should not ideally be an issue. Your job is a tie, which should be enough to secure you a visa. I feel the VO is already biased, given the previous refusals. I also think the situation with your finances did not help your case at all.

I have applied for a UK visa a few times from Nigeria, and I have never had a problem. My only tie to Nigeria per se is my parents, whom I never mention apart from the part where you are asked about their details. I am less than 30 yrs old, so well within the age group of irregular migrants.

I suggest that you stop applying to the UK, focus on building a decent travel history and keep your account clean. I have found that the easiest way to get a visa is to keep your story straight and present a clean account. Unfortunately, no VO has the time to try to untangle a convoluted tale. Good luck!
People have left their high-paying jobs and overstayed their visas in the past, so a job only being a tie isn't a strong tie per se.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

People have left their high-paying jobs and overstayed their visas in the past, so a job only being a tie isn't a strong tie per se.

People have also left their families and overstayed their visas. A job is a tie and in this case a 300k job is a good tie in my opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
bbclue:
Debbieeee

Please today makes it 24day my international passport is not yet returned..

I have not received any mail from TLS about collection and I even went to there office to make a withdrawal on Monday
Were you given your passport back? And also what type of visa did you opted in for?
Today makes it 45WD since I did my appointment for visiting visa still awaiting their response or reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nchabuomo:

People have also left their families and overstayed their visas. A job is a tie and in this case a 300k job is a good tie in my opinion.
It goes both ways.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
Having a 300k paying Job is not a good tie @ all... Trust me I know somebody that was denied wit a paying job of 450k, Good statement but no landed doc, parents aren't in Nigeria & also not married.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
Based on what you mentioned here, once you give them something complicated to work with, it becomes very difficult. But once your application is straight forward, account clean and present landed docs etc it will be easy for them 2 make a decision
Nchabuomo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.