Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445216 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
I’ll come back to this thread after the new year abeg. The stress and anxiety of this application is too much for this festive period. I’m so fed up.

Merry Christmas & Happy New year to everyone.
May the year 2022 come with renewed hope and good news for us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
giselle237:
leave it for now. 4 consecutive denials from them alone is a red flag to your application. Avoid looking desperate. You can go to other countries for vacation.

He/she does not have 4 denials Sir/Madam. And previous denials were 2014, 6 years ago, he/she has shown some sort of restrain and not demonstrated desperation in my own opinion, but yes, i could not agree less with you, he/she may want to give it some more time at least for now and perhaps try other countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
leef2022:

He/she does not have 4 denials Sir/Madam. And previous denials were 2014, 6 years ago, he/she has shown some sort of restrain and not demonstrated desperation in my own opinion, but yes, i could not agree less with you, he/she may want to give it some more time at least for now and perhaps try other countries.
this is the 3rd refusal according to the poster. There is no point embarking on a 4th application at this time- at least not without doing a LOT OF HOMEWORK! This is my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
EJIOGBENIMI:
Good day everyone. please I need advice on my visa application and my visit to the UK.

I did my biometrics for a 6 months visit visa on 29 November (standard application) in Dubai. The reason for my visit is to write an exam (plab2) in January.

Unfortunately, all the candidates writing the exam in January and February have been directed to cancel their bookings. we were advised to book for later dates which is from July onward. I cancelled and I booked the exam for July.
My initial plan was to enter the UK on 10th January. Although, I haven't received the visa yet.
my concerns are:
1) Do i need to take any action as per the visa?
2) Do I still stand a chance to get the visa?, even if they find out that my exam, which was the reason for the application has been cancelled. Although, I have a new date, which is July?
3) If the visa is approved, it'll likely be expired before my exam date, should I notify them before travelling for the exam or I should travel first, then request for an extension, once i land in the UK?.
I have the mail from the GMC, directing all candidates in jan&feb to cancel. I also have the mail for the confirmation of my new date.

congratulations Dr on your journey so far in your career road to the UK.
I understand the anxiety and ginger you have at the moment to get through the next hurdle and get closer to being on the NHS pay roll, Thus these are my opinions:

Per the visa application? do nothing, wait for a decision, a decision may come such at a later time after your intended date of arrival in the UK, such that, your visa goes on to be valid to the date when you want to take your exams. Per what action you can do, you can only apply for a withdrawal at this time which would mean you don't get a refund of your visa application fee and the visa process is terminated. But the question that begs as to this action is; why would you want such an action and truncate the process that could go for or against you.

Chances of getting the visa is 50-50. If you applied for a UKVI visa(i.e one for plab candidates which i am aware of such existence , then the VO would put this into consideration when making a decision on your visa application and as such may deny you the visa if he/she is aware that the exams has been postponed for further dates. However if you had applied for a standard visitor visa(which some candidates also use to come take the exams), then the events of the exams postponement has little or no effect on your application and as such you would get a decision as on the merit of your application.

The third option is one I would strongly advise you don't thread. Visa extensions are complex and mostly options for a life or death and emergency cases( taking a Plab 2 exam i do not think falls to a life or death scenario or an emergency case) as such you may not have your visa extended or approved, and if at that time you had overstayed your visit, it would mean that in an event you pass the plab 2, you would have future problems with your immigration status and as such may find it difficult to find a hospital that would be willing to offer you an employment within the UK. Not to mention the cost of visa extension out budgets that of re-applying at a later time and mind you the ONUS of having a visa extension out weights that of obtaining a visa.

Single best and appropriate management of your case is to re-assure yourself of the process and do nothing at this time. I understand that in an event you are unable to make it for the exams due to no visa you stand the chance of loosing 835 pounds you had paid for plab 2 , but it is also my understanding and experience that if at a later time you write to GMC on time before your exams date about a visa problem you would get a refund or an option to choose a later date pending when you have a visa, hence most likely your case may not be treated as one needful of visa extension.

Thank you, wishing you a happy and prosperous career in the UK in the future

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmy59: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nchabuomo:

1. Currently you get a 2 years post-study visa after schooling and Yes, you can take your spouse. On the highlighted that has never been true. If you get a job after your studies then you can stay. The only difference now is that there is a post-study visa that gives you ample time to get a suitable job.

2. If you have the money to outrightly buy the property then it should be fine. Otherwise getting a mortgage on a student visa might be near impossible but I could be wrong.

Thank you for response sir/ma much appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DFmum: 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thanks so much for your response, am working on the administrative review ,hoping to get a positive outcome on that, We got TLS mail to pick up my kids travel documents which means they have been granted visa. Am hoping that the administrative review yield good result because it won't be easy caring for the kids alone and working as well .[quote author=leef2022 post=108730688][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DFmum: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
[quote author=leef2022 post=108730688][/quote]

Thanks so much for your response, am working on the administrative review ,hoping to get a positive outcome on that, We got TLS mail to pick up my kids travel documents which means they have been granted visa. Am hoping that the administrative review yield good result because it won't be easy caring for the kids alone and working as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sokia4real: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
Please house , I did a vacation visa to Canada some years ago and no reply was given. I was neither refused or given visa

My question is should I add it to my immigration form the school is asking for my CAS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jeffdegenius(m): 2:19am On Dec 25, 2021
Please i just submitted my form A application through the tradesystem using Access Bank

Is it possible I would get a response before Jan 8?

I would really appreciate a response please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:10am On Dec 25, 2021
sokia4real:
Please house , I did a vacation visa to Canada some years ago and no reply was given. I was neither refused or given visa

My question is should I add it to my immigration form the school is asking for my CAS?

The much I know if you apply for a visa you get a response unless you withdraw your application yourself before a decision is made.

How many years ago was this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:36am On Dec 25, 2021
sokia4real:

I hope the Canada vacation visa was processed by you Sha not by agent ? Because no visa in this world that you apply for you always get a response only if you withdraw the visa application

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 6:53am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Xmas to all members

Please kindly help me look into my matter oooo

I have been planning to apply in for a visitor Visa before the UK ban things occured so I prospone till January when the Tls resume .

My issues is that my salary take home is 550k per month and my monthly expenses is 100k

But on Dec 8 I bought a car as a Xmas gift for my wife 1.5m which reflected on my salary account, can I write a cover letter to explain this and show the proof of car receipt, ownership, allocation and vehicle licence? Or can I start building the account afresh.

Because I don't want them to quote me for irregularity on my account because my monthly expenses is 100k

Thank Nchabuomo I really appreciate you, please I need more insight from other guru. Ejo ki esanu aje ooo , Biko, Don Allah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2021
leef2022:

I understand the anxiety and ginger you have at the moment to get through the next hurdle and get closer to being on the NHS pay roll, Thus these are my opinions:

Per the visa application? do nothing, wait for a decision, a decision may come such at a later time after your intended date of arrival in the UK, such that, your visa goes on to be valid to the date when you want to take your exams. Per what action you can do, you can only apply for a withdrawal at this time which would mean you don't get a refund of your visa application fee and the visa process is terminated. But the question that begs as to this action is; why would you want such an action and truncate the process that could go for or against you.

Chances of getting the visa is 50-50. If you applied for a UKVI visa(i.e one for plab candidates which i am aware of such existence , then the VO would put this into consideration when making a decision on your visa application and as such may deny you the visa if he/she is aware that the exams has been postponed for further dates. However if you had applied for a standard visitor visa(which some candidates also use to come take the exams), then the events of the exams postponement has little or no effect on your application and as such you would get a decision as on the merit of your application.

The third option is one I would strongly advise you don't thread. Visa extensions are complex and mostly options for a life or death and emergency cases( taking a Plab 2 exam i do not think falls to a life or death scenario or an emergency case) as such you may not have your visa extended or approved, and if at that time you had overstayed your visit, it would mean that in an event you pass the plab 2, you would have future problems with your immigration status and as such may find it difficult to find a hospital that would be willing to offer you an employment within the UK. Not to mention the cost of visa extension out budgets that of re-applying at a later time and mind you the ONUS of having a visa extension out weights that of obtaining a visa.

Single best and appropriate management of your case is to re-assure yourself of the process and do nothing at this time. I understand that in an event you are unable to make it for the exams due to no visa you stand the chance of loosing 835 pounds you had paid for plab 2 , but it is also my understanding and experience that if at a later time you write to GMC on time before your exams date about a visa problem you would get a refund or an option to choose a later date pending when you have a visa, hence most likely your case may not be treated as one needful of visa extension.

Thank you very much for your response. You're so kind.
I'll share your advice with colleagues with similar concern.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 7:40am On Dec 25, 2021
giselle237:
pls have a look at the cost of visit visa extension within the uk and decide. It does not come cheap.
I think I'll just wait as was advised here. Whichever response that I receive from them, there's time to plan ahead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Loyaltysoul:
Merry Xmas to all members

Please kindly help me look into my matter oooo

I have been planning to apply in for a visitor Visa before the UK ban things occured so I prospone till January when the Tls resume .

My issues is that my salary take home is 550k per month and my monthly expenses is 100k

But on Dec 8 I bought a car as a Xmas gift for my wife 1.5m which reflected on my salary account, can I write a cover letter to explain this and show the proof of car receipt, ownership, allocation and vehicle licence? Or can I start building the account afresh.

Because I don't want them to quote me for irregularity on my account because my monthly expenses is 100k

Thank Nchabuomo I really appreciate you, please I need more insight from other guru. Ejo ki esanu aje ooo , Biko, Don Allah

Seasons greetings
Please permit me to start on a funny note here, why would you say an income of #550k and disposable income of 100k is an issue?. Are you not happy with the job or pay? like imagine it bought your wife a car and perhaps sorts other bills of concerns for you and your family. so that is not an issue I guess. which leads me to your primary concern. In my opinion these are what you could do

1. You may wish to do as Mr(s) Nchabuomo suggested earlier and back your claims up with receipt of purchase or change of car ownership to show that the aforementioned debit transaction was done for that purpose at that time. However, if the purchase had been done on mutual grounds it means you do not have these to back up and as some applicants have shared on here that the VO did or did not considered such explanations and documents even they had included and explained, as such you may want to have thoughts about this other option.

2. Since your intended purpose of traveling is for vacation purposes, it means there is no compulsory date and time you must travel, hence you may decide to wait for another 3-6 months whilst you continue building your account. Thus, at a later time lets say May/June you may request for your bank statement which will exclude 8th Dec and yet have a bank statement that covers and satisfies you for your visa application at a later month as you would deem appropriate.

I hope this was helpful, enjoy your ride and make your lovely gestures to your wife no issues no more. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:00am On Dec 25, 2021
leef2022:

This is not true. You can extend your visa for the sole purpose of taking or retaking a PLAB exam. As long as you make the extension application before the expiration of your current visa your stay while you await a decision from UKVI would not count as an overstay.

There is nothing complex about it and should cost less than 1000 quid i.e if you want to take this route. Let me give you an example If your visa is to expire in March and you extend in February for 6 months and you don't hear back from UKVI until May, you have not overstayed your visa. If your request is denied ideally you would be given a timeframe when you must leave the country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2021
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas!

Please, is there any other vaccine apart from yellow fever and pre-departure PCR covid test for person who is visiting the UK?

And, can I go for the pre-departure PCR covid a day before my travel?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:13am On Dec 25, 2021
sojimomomo:
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas!

Please, is there any other vaccine apart from yellow fever and pre-departure PCR covid test for person who is visiting the UK?

And, can I go for the pre-departure PCR covid a day before my travel?

Thank you.
I forgot to add carry your vaccination card.
Yellow fever Nah, book your day 2 test kit online, use the reference for your passenger locator form anytime from 48 hours to your arrival in the Uk, do your test in any of the govt approved covid center's in Lagos or wherever you at about 24 hours to your trip and get to the airport early to avoid a rush. Don’t forget to print a copy or have the pdf of your passenger locator form handy, print out your covid negative test, return flight ticket, and fill out the necessaries at the airport in Lagos. Safe flight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sojimomomo: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2021
Please, can we talk private? I have other enquiries to make. Thank you.

Debbieeeeeee:

I forgot to add carry your vaccination card.
Yellow fever Nah, book your day 2 test kit online, use the reference for your passenger locator form anytime from 48 hours to your arrival in the Uk, do your test in any of the govt approved covid center's in Lagos or wherever you at about 24 hours to your trip and get to the airport early to avoid a rush. Don’t forget to print a copy or have the pdf of your passenger locator form handy, print out your covid negative test, return flight ticket, and fill out the necessaries at the airport in Lagos. Safe flight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Nchabuomo:

This is not true. You can extend your visa for the sole purpose of taking or retaking a PLAB exam. As long as you make the extension application before the expiration of your current visa your stay while you await a decision from UKVI would not count as an overstay.

There is nothing complex about it and should cost less than 1000 quid i.e if you want to take this route. Let me give you an example If your visa is to expire in March and you extend in February for 6 months and you don't hear back from UKVI until May, you have not overstayed your visa. If your request is denied ideally you would be given a timeframe when you must leave the country.

I never said you can't extend your visa for retaking a PLAB exams(I said i don't think it falls to a life or death scenario or emergency, further, i stated may not be treated as one or not approved). And yes all visa extension whilst the home office is yet to make a decision you are not illegally resident in the UK, but if the decision goes against the applicant a time frame is given to leave the UK either willingly or forcefully( but again that would be the sole discretion of the UK Home office as to what time frame you are given, and if you are given a less time frame such that you are unable to gather money and purchase a ticket back home or take the exams, you could eventually end up over staying your visit).

2. The user is coming here for PLAB 2, which means that (s)he must have taken IELTS exams and passed which is valid for 2 years, PLAB 1 and passed (which is valid for 3 years). It thus means (s)he could take PLAB 2 anytime within this period in the UK. I would also like to point out that PLAB 2 is taken almost every month in the UK unless last year and this year were exams dates as had to be canceled or postponed until a later time due to the pandemic, thereby causing backlogs of intended candidates who are ripe for this exams. Initially, in the UK had only one center which was in Manchester city were you have GMC and could take PLAB 2, but recently the GMC have added a center in London so as to accommodate more candidates who wish to take the exams. The GMC is particularly aware that due to the pandemic, some candidates have missed out on their intended dates of exams, visa issues and some candidates who had been in the UK already and were running out of visas were given some grace period of extension so as to be able to take the exams and in some cases were given extension to validity of PLAB 1 exams so candidates could complete their process.

If the GMC is aware of all these and making strides to see that candidates do not loose money and are able to complete the process, given these points above, I do not see why my colleague would choose an invasive option of approach at this point. As a Dr, he/she understands that for every medical treatment or management a physician is supposed to start with less expensive and non invasive examination and treatment approach. But to premeditate at this premature time an idea of extending a visa to take the PLAB 2 exam is complex to me taking into consideration that the Dr has not even arrived the UK yet and suddenly had the exams postponed when he was supposed to take the exams as such making it a necessary option. Even, though there is shortage of medical workers and the NHS open to IMG, this does not give you a 100% ride through the immigration process.

Finally, any category of visa, an immigrant can apply for a visa extension whilst in the UK for a sole purpose(s) best known to him/her and decisions are taken by the UK home office on individual cases. Like you earlier mentioned in every visa application a candidate should try and keep a clean and simple application, that rule applies beyond and perhaps for a visa extension, I don't see on probability of doubt why he/she would want to muddle his/her medical career pathway to the UK with a visa extension not when further process will involve the UK Home office and GMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
leef2022:

I never said you can't extend your visa for retaking a PLAB exams(I said i don't think it falls to a life or death scenario or emergency, further, i stated may not be treated as one or not approved). And yes all visa extension whilst the home office is yet to make a decision you are not illegally resident in the UK, but if the decision goes against the applicant a time frame is given to leave the UK either willingly or forcefully( but again that would be the sole discretion of the UK Home office as to what time frame you are given, and if you are given a less time frame such that you are unable to gather money and purchase a ticket back home or take the exams, you could eventually end up over staying your visit).

2. The user is coming here for PLAB 2, which means that (s)he must have taken IELTS exams and passed which is valid for 2 years, PLAB 1 and passed (which is valid for 3 years). It thus means (s)he could take PLAB 2 anytime within this period in the UK. I would also like to point out that PLAB 2 is taken almost every month in the UK unless last year and this year were exams dates as had to be canceled or postponed until a later time due to the pandemic, thereby causing backlogs of intended candidates who are ripe for this exams. Initially, in the UK had only one center which was in Manchester city were you have GMC and could take PLAB 2, but recently the GMC have added a center in London so as to accommodate more candidates who wish to take the exams. The GMC is particularly aware that due to the pandemic, some candidates have missed out on their intended dates of exams, visa issues and some candidates who had been in the UK already and were running out of visas were given some grace period of extension so as to be able to take the exams and in some cases were given extension to validity of PLAB 1 exams so candidates could complete their process.

If the GMC is aware of all these and making strides to see that candidates do not loose money and are able to complete the process, given these points above, I do not see why my colleague would choose an invasive option of approach at this point. As a Dr, he/she understands that for every medical treatment or management a physician is supposed to start with less expensive and non invasive examination and treatment approach. But to premeditate at this premature time an idea of extending a visa to take the PLAB 2 exam is complex to me taking into consideration that the Dr has not even arrived the UK yet and suddenly had the exams postponed when he was supposed to take the exams as such making it a necessary option. Even, though there is shortage of medical workers and the NHS open to IMG, this does not give you a 100% ride through the immigration process.

Finally, any category of visa, an immigrant can apply for a visa extension whilst in the UK for a sole purpose(s) best known to him/her and decisions are taken by the UK home office on individual cases. Like you earlier mentioned in every visa application a candidate should try and keep a clean and simple application, that rule applies beyond and perhaps for a visa extension, I don't see on probability of doubt why he/she would want to muddle his/her medical career pathway to the UK with a visa extension not when further process will involve the UK Home office and GMC

To be honest with you, I don't understand what you are saying. Muddle what is Op doing anything illegal? Honestly, this is not a complex issue, Op wanted to know if he can extend his visa while in the UK for the sole purpose of writing PLAB. The answer is yes, you can. Op please do whatever you please. You can come to the UK and extend your visa to stay and write your exam. It is legal and the law allows for it. Your extension will most likely be granted once you make a clear application. You can also decide not to travel and reapply for another visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nchabuomo:

To be honest with you, I don't understand what you are saying. Muddle what is Op doing anything illegal? Honestly, this is not a complex issue, Op wanted to know if he can extend his visa while in the UK for the sole purpose of writing PLAB. The answer is yes, you can. Op please do whatever you please. You can come to the UK and extend your visa to stay and write your exam. It is legal and the law allows for it. Your extension will most likely be granted once you make a clear application. You can also decide not to travel and reapply for another visa.

EJIOGBENIMI:-[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]3) If the visa is approved, it'll likely be expired before my exam date, should I notify them before travelling for the exam or I should travel first, then request for an extension, once i land in the UK?.

EJIOGBENIMI:-1) Do i need to take any action as per the visa?

Question 3 shows that the candidate knows what to do, perhaps how to do it, and probably had some thoughts on doing it and yes it is legal. No one has questioned the legality of that option, but rather possible outcome, cost and the process as compared to other options.
Further more, question number 1 shows that the Dr is asking for single most appropriate action to do at this time and in the future to continue and reach the end of the process. As such i have highlighted part of your op as single best option and sincerely agree with you on that.

[b]muddle (verb) · muddles (third person present) · muddled (past tense) · muddled (past participle) · muddling (present participle)
bring into a disordered or confusing state.
"I fear he may have muddled the message"
synonyms:
jumbled · in a jumble · in a muddle · in a mess · chaotic · in disorder · in disarray · topsy-turvy · disorganized · disordered · disorderly · out of place · out of order · mixed up · upside-down · at sixes and sevens · untidy · messy · scrambled · tangled · confuse · mix up · jumble · jumble up · disarrange · disorganize · disorder · disturb · throw into disorder · get into a tangle · scramble · mess up
antonyms:
orderly · be in (good) order
confuse (a person or their thoughts).
"Paul was hopelessly muddled by the rates of exchange"
synonyms:
confused · in a state of confusion · bewildered · bemused · perplexed · disorientated · disoriented · at sea · in a muddle · befuddled · dazed · incoherent · muddle-headed · woolly · jumbled · disjointed · bewilder · confuse · bemuse · perplex · puzzle · baffle · nonplus · mystify · confound · disorientate · disorient · befuddle · daze · addle
antonyms:
clear · lucid · enlighten
busy oneself in an aimless or ineffective way.
"he was muddling about in the kitchen"[/b]-
copied google dictionary

The doctor is probably in that state, due to the sudden postponement of exams and [b]possibly [/b]excessive fight and flight hormones at this time, and as such (s)he might take or was thinking of decisions from an unclear view, which could muddle his/her medical career path way if decisions don't go as (s)he had hoped and (s)he runs out of resources to continue to the end. As such i humbly add to your single best option, that (s)he does no further action at this time.

Thank you Sir/Ma
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Please lets avoid spamming. Thank you Sir/Madam. God bless and seasons greeting...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexyp(m): 12:31am On Dec 26, 2021
Hi everyone, merry Christmas.
Will love to ask a question about my application, I did my biometric on June 9 2021 till date haven't gotten my documents back.my immigration lawyer contacted them and we were told decision been made but till now we didn't hear from them.So my lawyer said she think she made mistakes on my email address ,so she ask me to go there to make the corrections.
So i want to ask the house if that can affect them from releasing my passport or i still need to be calm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jennixyluv: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Hi Lexyp. I have same issue, only that mine was on the 29 Nov.
My spouse and kids received their visas after 10 working days, while mine, the main applicant, remained outstanding. Hence, I sent a paid mail immediately and got the usual generic responses.

After the expiration of 15 working days, I sent an escalation email detailing my concerns and was asked to provide the information below (See pic attached).
Now required to wait for another 15working days. Hoping it will be out next week!

You mentioned a mistake in the email address, my question is that how is it possible to provide a wrong email address, considering that you need to log in through same link sent to your email?

I am certain that you must have considered the other option i.e. a paid call.

All the best!

Compliments of the season.

Lexyp:
Hi everyone, merry Christmas.
Will love to ask a question about my application, I did my biometric on June 9 2021 till date haven't gotten my documents back.my immigration lawyer contacted them and we were told decision been made but till now we didn't hear from them.So my lawyer said she think she made mistakes on my email address ,so she ask me to go there to make the corrections.
So i want to ask the house if that can affect them from releasing my passport or i still need to be calm.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexyp(m): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2021
Thank you so much and please can i get the paid email eddress ? Compliment of the season.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osoderi(m): 8:31am On Dec 26, 2021
Morning everyone and merry Christmas.

I am fully vaccinated and will be traveling to uk soon. I want to confirm if those that are fully vaccinated will do a covid test in Nigeria bf leaving

I taught that if one is fully vaccinated the only thing one need is to register for the day 2 on the locator form and print the email and vaccinated card to present at the airport.

Please I need clarification from those who have traveled or soon be traveling. I am a bit confused. Thank you for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2021
Osoderi:

I am fully vaccinated and will be traveling to uk soon. I want to confirm if those that are fully vaccinated will do a covid test in Nigeria bf leaving

I taught that if one is fully vaccinated the only thing one need is to register for the day 2 on the locator form and print the email and vaccinated card to present at the airport.

Please I need clarification from those who have traveled or soon be traveling. I am a bit confused. Thank you for your response.

You need to do a test before leaving.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2021
Lexyp:
Thank you so much and please can i get the paid email eddress ? Compliment of the season.

If you already know a decision has been made then you do not need to email UKVI again. If you applied for the visa in Nigeria you should visit the TLS centre you gave your biometrics, your passport might be there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:20am On Dec 26, 2021
Osoderi:

You'll need a pre-departure covid test, you'll also need to book day 2 covid test ahead for when you arrive the uk. Don't forget to take the vaccine card evidencing your fully vaccinated status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.