Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455674 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2021
Thanks

Nchabuomo:

Like @giselle237 rightly suggested, leave it for now. I would say a few years, maybe 2 or 3. use that time to try and travel to other places. You have a decent income threshold don't keep looking for sponsors it might become a red flag especially if these sponsors are not in any "meaningful" relationship with you. Keep a clean account and use your other accounts for other runs you do. Go to Dubai, Turkey, France anywhere and reapply after a bit.

I know it might not be what you want to hear but you have to exercise some patience and repackage your whole application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by solid3(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
Good afternoon house.

Please I need basic information about Tourist Visa to the UK.

I know this might have been discussed previously, I don't know where to start digging the info from with more than 500 pages of thread.

I'm an entrepreneur, married with children, own landed property, no travel history.

Things I'll like to know:
- What should my minimal budget be like?
- How much do I need to have in account for proof of fund?
- Every other basic info.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shakiratemma(f): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Airside transit
Airside transit is when you do not pass through UK border control. You remain ‘airside’ before you leave the UK on your connecting journey.

You need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England.

You do not need to complete a passenger locator form before travel to England.

When you are in England you do not need to quarantine or take any COVID-19 travel tests.

Landside transit
Landside transit is when you pass through UK border control on arrival, but you leave the UK shortly after (usually within 24 hours). You may leave from the same airport, railway station or port where you arrived, or from a different one, so long as you travel directly to that port of departure.

You need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England.

You must complete a passenger locator form before you travel to England.

You need to do the following when you complete your passenger locator form.

select ‘Stay in the UK’ under the Your travel plans section
reply ‘I will be travelling for an exempt reason’ to the question about whether you are required to self-isolate on arrival
select the Exemption options, and then select ‘Transit Exemption’
This includes if you are transiting onto the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. You may need to show evidence of onward travel and where you will be staying at the border.

When you are in England you do not need to quarantine or take any COVID-19 travel tests.

You must either:

remain within your port of entry until your departure from England
travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England

Thank you. Appreciate it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
solid3:
Good afternoon house.

Please I need basic information about Tourist Visa to the UK.

I know this might have been discussed previously, I don't know where to start digging the info from with more than 500 pages of thread.

I'm an entrepreneur, married with children, own landed property, no travel history.

Things I'll like to know:
- What should my minimal budget be like?
- How much do I need to have in account for proof of fund?
- Every other basic info.

Thanks in advance.
With your profile It’ll do you a lot of good to read through the thread, different speculations of eligibility has been discussed and over discussed here, there’s no visa officer here to tell you your chances. You’ll get a better perspective reading through.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2021
You can do a review on this application by highlighting your points and stating the reason why the decision was wrongly made. Eco judges based on info you give. I believe if you try to review, you might be lucky and it won't cost you anything. Read back the thread to see how those successful were able to pull through. If na me i will not gree till i can see they have decided justly.
Kelebabaj:
thank you, so I finally got the refusal letter, it had to do with my statement and what they saying is not correct, they are saying there are unexplained deposits which isn’t correct, only salary comes in.. also monthly expenditure I put is 60k because it’s btw 50-70k each month, they said it doesn’t correlate as well.. and I stated that I’d be spending 300k but they seemed to also find fault with that too.. now they ended it with saying I have no rights to appeal it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 12:41am On Dec 29, 2021
Does a relative with tier2 visa and living in UK be categorised as having a permanent visa. Or what to be picked at where they ask "do you have a relative in UK? Yes.
What do i choose from these options:
They have a temporary visa
They have a permanent visa
They cannot be contacted
They don't have a visa but living in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sim2003: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2021
I have a valid UK tourist visa, but not vaccinated. Is it compulsory to be fully vaccinated before I can travel to Uk? Please what do I need to do?-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theadoredone(f): 5:29am On Dec 29, 2021
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

This link has all the information you need. Read the whole page.

sim2003:
I have a valid UK tourist visa, but not vaccinated. Is it compulsory to be fully vaccinated before I can travel to Uk? Please what do I need to do?-

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:59am On Dec 29, 2021
Rerin:
Does a relative with tier2 visa and living in UK be categorised as having a permanent visa. Or what to be picked at where they ask "do you have a relative in UK? Yes.
What do i choose from these options:
They have a temporary visa
They have a permanent visa
They cannot be contacted
They don't have a visa but living in UK.

Temporary visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2021
What option do i choose having a relative with tier 2 visa presently in uk and working permanently as health officer.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Rerin:
What option do i choose having a relative with tier 2 visa presently in uk and working permanently as health officer.

If the person is on a visa then they are not permanent. If you are in contact with the person then get their passport number and add it there. If not then click I am not in contact with my relative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Smith35(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2021
Finally, 5yrs visit visa granted to my mother-in-law. Biometric was done on 11th of October. Vignette stated visa was issued 21/12/2021. Good luck to everyone waiting. Despite getting an email from UKVI over a month ago stating passport has been returned to VAC, Ikeja. I’ve come to the conclusion that TLS Contact is the lazy link.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2021
Thanks so much. I am in contact and I have gotten the passport number.
Can you please help me with convenient way to pay for tourist visa fee. Also does anyone know the closest appointment date?
[1quote author=Nchabuomo post=108901157]

If the person is on a visa then they are not permanent. If you are in contact with the person then get their passport number and add it there. If not then click I am not in contact with my relative.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagzmoles(m): 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
I just got my refusal letter but am surprised coz I explained about my personal income that I deal with crypto. Normally my travel date was on the 22nd. Tourist visa. There is no right no appeal.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by HorlarJP: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hello, I have checked all threads about UK and I haven’t seen any on UK work permit.
Is it that hard to get job from outside UK or do people go on a visit visa and then find work so they can change there visa to a work visa because I couldn’t see any work permit in the UK thread . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2021
You need to 1st check of you are in a profession that enables sponsorship https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations . After this, start visiting the relevant job sites to apply for jobs; hopefully you'll get interviews and ace 1 or more of them.
HorlarJP:
Hello, I have checked all threads about UK and I haven’t seen any on UK work permit.
Is it that hard to get job from outside UK or do people go on a visit visa and then find work so they can change there visa to a work visa because I couldn’t see any work permit in the UK thread . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
@giselle237 and other gurus in the house, thanks for your wonderful guidance. I wish I had found this thread sooner. I am British citizen married to a Nigerian and w live in Nigeria together. We have been together for 8 years and married for almost 3. In this time, we have been to more than 12 countries together including the US, British territories, the UAE, amongst many others. My husband has never overstayed his visas or been deported. He has very good and compliant travel history.

He has never been interested in the UK as he prefers America and other countries that are more exciting but he finally applied for a UK visa for his first time. He runs a genuine service business that turns over about 3m a month so he included his reg documents, business account statement which showed over 20m in genuine customer transactions over the last 6 months. The transactions are daily and consistent and his cover note explained the nature of his laundry business. He also explained he has a team of over 15 staff as well as his parents here in Nigeria. He also included his personal bank statement as well as my savings account which had in excess of 10m; as I am a director at an American company in Nigeria. We included my British passport, marriage certificate and explained we are going there to visit my family (mum and family) who are also British and his own brother and sister who are also British. We included the invitation letter as well as a breakdown of how much he would spend while there which is about 2K pounds and he had double that in his personal account and the amount is also less than his monthly income. Based on his extensive travel history, his British spouse and our strong finances, do you think he has a good chance? Is there anything else we should have considered?

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2021
jagzmoles:
I just got my refusal letter but am surprised coz I explained about my personal income that I deal with crypto. Normally my travel date was on the 22nd. Tourist visa. There is no right no appeal.

Sorry to hear this bro

When do you apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
Thegamingorca:

There is no London venue oh, the GMC only allows the plab 2 to be written in Manchester, in either of the two buildings on hardman street or on hardman square

Hello,
Thanks for the input. My error there, PLAB 2 has NO center(s) in London rather two centers in Manchester as rightly stated above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
AmeliaT:
@giselle237 and other gurus in the house, thanks for your wonderful guidance. I wish I had found this thread sooner. I am British citizen married to a Nigerian and w live in Nigeria together. We have been together for 8 years and married for almost 3. In this time, we have been to more than 12 countries together including the US, British territories, the UAE, amongst many others. My husband has never overstayed his visas or been deported. He has very good and compliant travel history.

He has never been interested in the UK as he prefers America and other countries that are more exciting but he finally applied for a UK visa for his first time. He runs a genuine service business that turns over about 3m a month so he included his reg documents, business account statement which showed over 20m in genuine customer transactions over the last 6 months. The transactions are daily and consistent and his cover note explained the nature of his laundry business. He also explained he has a team of over 15 staff as well as his parents here in Nigeria. He also included his personal bank statement as well as my savings account which had in excess of 10m; as I am a director at an American company in Nigeria. We included my British passport, marriage certificate and explained we are going there to visit my family (mum and family) who are also British and his own brother and sister who are also British. We included the invitation letter as well as a breakdown of how much he would spend while there which is about 2K pounds and he had double that in his personal account and the amount is also less than his monthly income. Based on his extensive travel history, his British spouse and our strong finances, do you think he has a good chance? Is there anything else we should have considered?

Good day,

Well, all applicants are examined on individual cases by a(the) VOs, no one is a VO on here, as such you or your partner would get to know if or not you would have had to consider anything less or more for your application.

wish your application the best of outcome it merits.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
jagzmoles:

sorry dear applicant.
The VO acknowledged your job(though no specifics as to type of job), your position as a co director of the company as indicated in your refusal letter and also acknowledged was your over all yearly earnings. However, also looked into were, deposit transactions that perhaps you did not offer enough source of funds or explanation as to purpose of the funds in your financial documents.

you may want to address those concerns in a more detailed way in your future applications.
best of luck next time
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2021
Smith35:
Finally, 5yrs visit visa granted to my mother-in-law. Biometric was done on 11th of October. Vignette stated visa was issued 21/12/2021. Good luck to everyone waiting. Despite getting an email from UKVI over a month ago stating passport has been returned to VAC, Ikeja. I’ve come to the conclusion that TLS Contact is the lazy link.
Congratulations are in order o, another waiting finally ended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oluwatomisinni: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please I did not purchase return by Courier service for the collection of my documents and I really need it now because I'm not available for the pickup and I have gotten my collection mail.
Can I still apply for the service, if yes, how please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by HorlarJP: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
mimilyrics:
You need to 1st check of you are in a profession that enables sponsorship https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations . After this, start visiting the relevant job sites to apply for jobs; hopefully you'll get interviews and ace 1 or more of them.

Thanks and I have checked it, I saw my profession as I am a Dental Surgery Technician, abroad it’s is called Dental Hygienist….
So what next if I want to apply for a work permit in the UK, thanks .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
AmeliaT:

Your partner should be fine.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwatomisinni:
Hi everyone,

Please I did not purchase return by Courier service for the collection of my documents and I really need it now because I'm not available for the pickup and I have gotten my collection mail.

Maybe contact TLS. I'm not sure about post submission return courier. Alternatively write a letter and give someone your slip to pick it up(that's if you have someone who can do that).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
RennyKitty:
Omo the cheap hotels in Turkey I’m seeing sef online for 6k Naira and some are even lesser. Hope no be say na scam. Make I no go wash plate for turkey oo. They look too nice for that price from the pictures ooo. Please anyone who has been to turkey before should shed more light. It’s even to book a multi city ticket from Los-Istanbul-Ldn. Toor

Their currency is very weak so tourism in Turkey is super affordable. I went there on an official trip just before the pandemic and we stayed at a luxury hotel and the price was still very affordable. As long as you use a reputable site like booking.com, you should be find.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oluwatomisinni: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Maybe contact TLS. I'm not sure about post submission return courier. Alternatively write a letter and give someone your slip to pick it up(that's if you have someone who can do that).

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
harwe:
It's unfortunate you are in this position. I feel you can just relax your nerves and hold on for 10 years as much as you think its long it will soon be over.

Get some other things doing for yourself and after 10 years you feel you still want to visit or school in UK do all you can to state it precisely that you were refused on such grounds but you are not matured and can take better decisions for your self.

I wish you the very best in your sojourn in life..

This is very unfortunate. My heart goes out to you, I would like to ask that you write a letter to them detailing that this was your first revelation of this. Upon investigation, your grandmother admitted she did an application. You grannie can also write a letter and perhaps include a sworn affidavit to this effect. It may not change their mind but it could help clear your name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
Lems2:
Good morning. Please is their anyone still waiting since October, I need to be sure I am not alone. This is tiring��

Oct 20- my Husband
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
See for more info: https://www.egdc-uk.org/Application/RegistrationInformation

https://dental-hygienist.co.uk/route-to-registration/

Anyone who's gone through the process might be able to give you 1st hand info.

HorlarJP:

Thanks and I have checked it, I saw my profession as I am a Dental Surgery Technician, abroad it’s is called Dental Hygienist….
So what next if I want to apply for a work permit in the UK, thanks .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Oluwatomisinni:
Hi everyone,

yes contact them. Also read the threads, some people said they contacted them… they got links/payment details of official TLS to make paymebt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.