Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444136 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
AmeliaT:
I am British citizen married to a Nigerian and w live in Nigeria together. We have been together for 8 years and married for almost 3. In this time, we have been to more than 12 countries together including the US, British territories, the UAE, amongst many others. My husband has never overstayed his visas or been deported. He has very good and compliant travel history.

He has never been interested in the UK as he prefers America and other countries that are more exciting but he finally applied for a UK visa for his first time. He runs a genuine service business that turns over about 3m a month so he included his reg documents, business account statement which showed over 20m in genuine customer transactions over the last 6 months. The transactions are daily and consistent and his cover note explained the nature of his laundry business. He also explained he has a team of over 15 staff as well as his parents here in Nigeria. He also included his personal bank statement as well as my savings account which had in excess of 10m; as I am a director at an American company in Nigeria. We included my British passport, marriage certificate and explained we are going there to visit my family (mum and family) who are also British and his own brother and sister who are also British. We included the invitation letter as well as a breakdown of how much he would spend while there which is about 2K pounds and he had double that in his personal account and the amount is also less than his monthly income. Based on his extensive travel history, his British spouse and our strong finances, do you think he has a good chance? Is there anything else we should have considered?
I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
nothing to add. Do you have children or other property ties to Nigeria? That will be the only addendum. I think the others are okay. Just harpen on your ties to Nigeria… that’s the only way to prove you are not trying to usurp the system seeing that you are british… they might be wondering if you are trying to not just put in a spouse visa etc. goodluck especially if you have submitted this application. Overall i think ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
HorlarJP:

Thanks and I have checked it, I saw my profession as I am a Dental Surgery Technician, abroad it’s is called Dental Hygienist….
So what next if I want to apply for a work permit in the UK, thanks .

Dental hygienist in Uk is DENTAL THERAPIST in Nigeria NOT Technician
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
VirusOO7:
Please, I will appreciate sharing of UKVI mail or how to contact them. It's been almost 44working days since my wife application, and we've not received anything. She did her biometrics 20,October. Perhaps, sending them a paid mail or call will help if anyone can share how to get that done. Thanks

Wow! Same day as my husband. Still waiting and this is now 50 WD. Any luck yet?

Link here- https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omishor2020(m): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good evening everyone.

I amended my date for TLS Ikeja and got a date for 12th of January. The date effected on my portal but i didnt get any appointment email atall. I have checked my inbox, spam and other folders severally.

I am worried because i may not be allowed in on my appointment date. How can i proceed please.

Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
Omishor2020:
Good evening everyone.

I amended my date for TLS Ikeja and got a date for 12th of January. The date effected on my portal but i didnt get any appointment email atall. I have checked my inbox, spam and other folders severally.

I am worried because i may not be allowed in on my appointment date. How can i proceed please.

Thanks everyone

Be sure that your email was correctly captured on the application, did you receive a mail from UKVI? If not, you might have mistakenly entered incorrect email. You could print out a screen shot of the appointment and that should suffice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
This is serious, please can someone help to explain, unexplained fund.

jagzmoles:
I just got my refusal letter but am surprised coz I explained about my personal income that I deal with crypto. Normally my travel date was on the 22nd. Tourist visa. There is no right no appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
giselle237:
nothing to add. Do you have children or other property ties to Nigeria? That will be the only addendum. I think the others are okay. Just harpen on your ties to Nigeria… that’s the only way to prove you are not trying to usurp the system seeing that you are british… they might be wondering if you are trying to not just put in a spouse visa etc. goodluck especially if you have submitted this application. Overall i think ok.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response; we don't have children yet but our children are automatically British so they would get automatic access in and out of the UK. So, I'm not sure how strong that tie would be. My husband has land in Nigeria but nothing substantial; we didn't include these in the docs. I'm a senior exec at a well recognized multinational which we also mentioned. The application went in already so we can't add these additional details unfortunately. We only included those basic documents which was my fear when reading through this thread now and seeing how people include so so much.

I also thought they may suspect we wanting to bypass the spousal visa application but we included our savings account to show that we have more than enough to fund the application and legally move as we individually earn more than the minimum required 18k Pounds for this if we wanted to (my husband is vehemently against moving to the UK). His history also shows our travel frequency which is usually twice a year and when we go, we do multiple countries at a time so I hope they will also see that we definitely will not want to go there illegally and be cages and unable to travel. He's been to the US three times in the last six years, the UAE four times, Italy once and other countries in the North American continent and Middle east. We always go together so we are hoping this shows them our genuine and true passion for tourism and that's all we want from this holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kaddy102:
Help oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I got my refusal letter today and I was banned but the problem is I actually didn’t know about the refusal cause I was a minor about 12 years and my grandma didn’t tell me about the refusal please advice what I can do and how to proceed

This is very unfortunate. My heart goes out to you, I would like to ask that you write a letter to them detailing that this was your first revelation of this. Upon investigation, your grandmother admitted she did an application. You grannie can also write a letter and perhaps include a sworn affidavit to this effect. It may not change their mind but it could help clear your name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by headhoncho(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
I think you are over worrying on this application for someone who already has good travel history and apparently, a steady income. Good travel history and income are enough to get your husband a UK tourism visa. His traveling record to the US is a big plus. All these your shalaye are very unnecessary. Goodluck.

AmeliaT:

Thanks a lot for your prompt response; we don't have children yet but our children are automatically British so they would get automatic access in and out of the UK. So, I'm not sure how strong that tie would be. My husband has land in Nigeria but nothing substantial; we didn't include these in the docs. I'm a senior exec at a well recognized multinational which we also mentioned. The application went in already so we can't add these additional details unfortunately. We only included those basic documents which was my fear when reading through this thread now and seeing how people include so so much.

I also thought they may suspect we wanting to bypass the spousal visa application but we included our savings account to show that we have more than enough to fund the application and legally move as we individually earn more than the minimum required 18k Pounds for this if we wanted to (my husband is vehemently against moving to the UK). His history also shows our travel frequency which is usually twice a year and when we go, we do multiple countries at a time so I hope they will also see that we definitely will not want to go there illegally and be cages and unable to travel. He's been to the US three times in the last six years, the UAE four times, Italy once and other countries in the North American continent and Middle east. We always go together so we are hoping this shows them our genuine and true passion for tourism and that's all we want from this holiday.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
@AmeliaT I believe he will be fine.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2021
giselle237:
@AmeliaT I believe he will be fine.

Good evening my people.

Is it possible for someone to help me to collect my passport. He has Drivers license.
And with what can I add to it, if possible. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damdee: 2:11am On Dec 30, 2021
Please house. what’s the quick way to get my passport back. Today makes it 54 business days of waiting. I will like to withdraw my passport. Please help me How can I go about it

Prophetesses please help me oo

quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=108844744]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2021
bukimireal:

Good evening my people.

Is it possible for someone to help me to collect my passport. He has Drivers license.
And with what can I add to it, if possible. Thanks
No it’s not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2021
damdee:
Please house. what’s the quick way to get my passport back. Today makes it 54 business days of waiting. I will like to withdraw my passport. Please help me How can I go about it

Prophetesses please help me oo

quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=108844744]
Has a decision been made on your application yet? If it has I’ll say just wait for a bit more and if it hasn’t and you still want to withdraw you have to go to the TLS office where you submitted to make the application, I’ll also say contact them directly too via email or phone call telling them you want to withdraw your passport. This has taught me a huge lesson to always pick the keep my passport option.
Even prophetess is tired
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Luckily, the ban is not from the date of the refusal but from the date of the alleged deception (2012) so wait till 2022 to apply but in your application you should address the refusal of 2012 and why you omitted disclosures.

All the best!

cutebear:
I don’t think there’s anything you can do. It says “Whether or not to the applicant’s knowledge”. I’m so sorry about this cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oluwatomisinni: 8:46am On Dec 30, 2021
giselle237:
yes contact them. Also read the threads, some people said they contacted them… they got links/payment details of official TLS to make paymebt.
Wow, thanks.

Please I will be glad if anyone can help with this link to get my passport delivered to me. I so much need it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damdee: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2021
I Sent the 4th paid mail this morning but a decision is not yet made
thanks prophetess i will contact TLS

Debbieeeeeee:

Has a decision been made on your application yet? If it has I’ll say just wait for a bit more and if it hasn’t and you still want to withdraw you have to go to the TLS office where you submitted to make the application, I’ll also say contact them directly too via email or phone call telling them you want to withdraw your passport. This has taught me a huge lesson to always pick the keep my passport option.
Even prophetess is tired
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Baba19: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2021
WOW! Hello house, @giselle237, Prophetess Debbie, Good Morning and well done. Pleaseeee, I need your help. I just read this story and I may be in similar shoes. I applied for a UK visa 2 months ago. I submitted necessary docs, healthy business and personal account statement, marriage certificate, ties etc. I also listed all my previous travel history which includes roughly 14 countries- The US, UAE, South Africa, Qatar, Bahrain, The Bahamas, Cayman Island, Jamaica, Mexico; amongst others. I want to believe my good travel history, finances, ties make me a good candidate to consider.

Now, here is my main issue and fear based on the above. They asked a question about have you been to the UK in the last 10 years and I said no which is correct. Have you been banned, deported, I also said no which is correct. Have you been refused a visa to the UK or any other country and I said yes and listed one country which was Cyprus with the reason- the visa was severely delayed and when they checked my hotel booking, it had been cancelled. The embassy even reached out to me regarding this but the course I was going for had already passed so I didn't bother rebooking the hotel or taking it up with them. Now, the issue is that I thought these questions related to the last 10 years. So, I didn't include the fact that I was refused a UK Visa back in 2006; 15 years ago when I was a Master's student. It was only after I read this OP's story that I went back to the form and realized the 10 year question only related to the visitation. But the question on refusal was based on one's entire life. Is there anything I can do? Can I write to them to explain that I misunderstood the question and declare that I was refused a UK visa back in 2006? What can be done since I mistakenly declared only 1 refusal of Cyprus instead of 2- Cyprus and the UK? What are my chances? I am really palpitating and don't know what to do to fix this please.

I would really appreciate any advice I can get. God bless.

Kaddy102:
Help oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I got my refusal letter today and I was banned but the problem is I actually didn’t know about the refusal cause I was a minor about 12 years and my grandma didn’t tell me about the refusal please advice what I can do and how to proceed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2021
Baba19:
WOW! Hello house, @giselle237, Prophetess Debbie, Good Morning and well done. Pleaseeee, I need your help. I just read this story and I may be in similar shoes. I applied for a UK visa 2 months ago. I submitted necessary docs, healthy business and personal account statement, marriage certificate, ties etc. I also listed all my previous travel history which includes roughly 14 countries- The US, UAE, South Africa, Qatar, Bahrain, The Bahamas, Cayman Island, Jamaica, Mexico; amongst others. I want to believe my good travel history, finances, ties make me a good candidate to consider.

Now, here is my main issue and fear based on the above. They asked a question about have you been to the UK in the last 10 years and I said no which is correct. Have you been banned, deported, I also said no which is correct. Have you been refused a visa to the UK or any other country and I said yes and listed one country which was Cyprus with the reason- the visa was severely delayed and when they checked my hotel booking, it had been cancelled. The embassy even reached out to me regarding this but the course I was going for had already passed so I didn't bother rebooking the hotel or taking it up with them. Now, the issue is that I thought these questions related to the last 10 years. So, I didn't include the fact that I was refused a UK Visa back in 2006; 15 years ago when I was a Master's student. It was only after I read this OP's story that I went back to the form and realized the 10 year question only related to the visitation. But the question on refusal was based on one's entire life. Is there anything I can do? Can I write to them to explain that I misunderstood the question and declare that I was refused a UK visa back in 2006? What can be done since I mistakenly declared only 1 refusal of Cyprus instead of 2- Cyprus and the UK? What are my chances? I am really palpitating and don't know what to do to fix this please.

I would really appreciate any advice I can get. God bless.

Let it be i.e do not do anything and keep your fingers crossed that you get your visa. You have a decent background so your mistake might be perceived as an omission rather than an act of willful deception.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Baba19: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2021
Ok boss. Thanks for the quick reply. I am burning here oh. I no want ban abeg. God please help me.

Nchabuomo:

Let it be i.e do not do anything and keep your fingers crossed that you get your visa. You have a decent background so your mistake might be perceived as an omission rather than an act of willful deception.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lems2: 11:41am On Dec 30, 2021
Finally got a collection mail from TLS after 55 working days !!!
Biometrics done at Abuja TLS

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Acanubs: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hello. Has your passport been returned to you now?

Russkii:

Thank you for your reply. I did my biometrics on 9th of december. I paid for priority but was told to apply for a refund hence standard...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bdrefessy: 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2021
Rerin:
What option do i choose having a relative with tier 2 visa presently in uk and working permanently as health officer.

please were you able to book biometric date ,because no close date on the list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2021
Finally... Congratulations!!!!! So collection mails have started dropping.
Lems2:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
By the First week in January I’ll get my passport back. Tired of tracking, I think I’ve lost count of working days too right now. Prophetess is tired
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2021
Lems2:

Wow! Congratulations; holding faith that my husband’s also is out soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
By the First week in January I’ll get my passport back. Tired of tracking, I think I’ve lost count of working days too right now. Prophetess is tired

Yikes! So sorry, Debbie. When did you apply and is it the first time? My hubs applied 50 WD ago and no feedback still. We’ve raised so many escalations; and no luck yet. It’s beyond nerve racking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tamitee(f): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
Lems2:
congratulations o...October 14 still here too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
Amen. You will get your passport back with the Visa stamped inside and not empty. Dnt loose hope,keep d faith Sis
Debbieeeeeee:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Have faith, it shall all end in praise. We will have every reason to rejoice n celebrate soon.
Tamitee:
congratulations o...October 14 still here too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osoderi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
pls i need help ooo. I have booked an appointment for the covid test and gotten an appointment, but I am unable to register on the government website. pls how can I go about this. i was told it is important and needed. can I fill the hard copies or anybody that have the link should kindly assist me. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2021
Have faith Amelia, mine is 45WD and still waiting. The celebrationhas started already, get ready for your turn of Celebration.
AmeliaT:

Yikes! So sorry, Debbie. When did you apply and is it the first time? My hubs applied 50 WD ago and no feedback still. We’ve raised so many escalations; and no luck yet. It’s beyond nerve racking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.