Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441463 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cuttiee(f): 5:26am On Sep 17, 2019
Someone just told me that docs that are either longer or shorter than the A4 size during scanning and uploading at the visa office will be rejected so I need to make copies of those docs to ensure it’s A4 size.

Please house, how genuine is the above point and can you guide on the process and what is expected.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2019
[/color]
cuttiee:
Someone just told me that docs that are either longer or shorter than the A4 size during scanning and uploading at the visa office will be rejected so I need to make copies of those docs to ensure it’s A4 size.

Please house, how genuine is the above point and can you guide on the process and what is expected.

Thanks

[color=#006600]

It’s true, you have to make copies of all documents that are not in A4 size.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by HazelCanny: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2019
omolorlarh:

8:30 am for 12th and 13th is free

Omolorlarh,pls kindly respond to my pm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2019
finally see free date this morning

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibrocoast: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2019
Hello house. I intend to travel on the 15the of Aug but due to one reasons or the other, I couldn't . In my application, I'm going on 10 days vacation Now I'm planning to travel any moment from now and I'm changing my mind to reduce it to 8 days. Reasons for that Is to cut my expenses.
My question is ... will there be a problem at the poe?

Your response is paramount.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2019
ibrocoast:
Hello house. I intend to travel on the 15the of Aug but due to one reasons or the other, I couldn't . In my application, I'm going on 10 days vacation Now I'm planning to travel any moment from now and I'm changing my mind to reduce it to 8 days. Reasons for that Is to cut my expenses.
My question is ... will there be a problem at the poe?

Your response is paramount.

No ish at all.

Enjoy your vacation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Janechinem: 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
justwise:
@All

I'm just going to say this for the sake of the gullible members here..

If you are refused a visa and you strongly felt that the ECO made a mistake then simply write a letter of complain pointing out those areas the ECO got it wrong and your application will be revisited again.

Do not pay anybody for such letter, don't be deceived by some people asking you to contact them so as to get you a letter for a fee.

Letter of complain does not have any format and does not have to be written by an immigration lawyer or solicitor, anybody can write one.

If somebody can't help you openly here and requested for private discussion then there is something fishy going on

Please which email address can we send it to? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
Can any one help me with supporting documents checklist Am unable to download it from there site it not available to download please help i need a copy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello guys. I was just refused a uk visit visa. During my application, I had over 6 million in my account. My salary is 300k each month, plus I have additional income of around 200k+ every month as well, which I stated during the application. But it seems that they didn't take account of my additional income. What did I do wrong and what can I do to correct it. Any response/help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

" You have declared that you are employed and state that you earn 300,000 NGN (£672.05 Converted on Oanda.com, 05/09/2019) per month. You state that you spend 160,00 NGN (£358.43) per month on living costs. You state that your trip to the UK will cost 1,000,000.00 NGN (£2,240.17) which equates to over 7 months disposable income on a 7 days trip. Your proposed expenditure of your visit casts doubt on your intentions to visit the UK. "

@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:
Hello guys. I was just refused a uk visit visa. During my application, I had over 6 million in my account. My salary is 300k each month, plus I have additional income of around 200k+ every month as well, which I stated during the application. But it seems that they didn't take account of my additional income. What did I do wrong and what can I do to correct it. Any response/help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

" You have declared that you are employed and state that you earn 300,000 NGN (£672.05 Converted on Oanda.com, 05/09/2019) per month. You state that you spend 160,00 NGN (£358.43) per month on living costs. You state that your trip to the UK will cost 1,000,000.00 NGN (£2,240.17) which equates to over 7 months disposable income on a 7 days trip. Your proposed expenditure of your visit casts doubt on your intentions to visit the UK. "

@justwise

I think you need to upload the actual refusal letter and blur out your personal details so that the experts here can help you out better. By the way, when did you do your biometrics and did they send the refusal to you via email?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Suuz:

I think you need to upload the actual refusal letter and blur out your personal details so that the experts here can help you out better. By the way, when did you do your biometrics and did they send the refusal to you via email?

I tried to upload, for some reason, I couldn't. That was why I typed out the part that contained the reason for refusal. I got a letter of refusal through DHL along with my passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:

I tried to upload, for some reason, I couldn't. That was why I typed out the part that contained the reason for refusal. I got a letter of refusal through DHL along with my passport.

Okay, did you write a cover letter to explain the 200k+ to them? Your budget of 1m for 7days trip is a bit much, let’s say flight 220k, living expenses 100k for 7days sounds more realistic. That’s 320k which would have been a little bit above twice your monthly disposable income(just my opinion). Anyway, Just wait a little bit and the experts on this forum would give you a reply that would be much more helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
we have been told to keep our uk expenditure within 2 times our DISPOSABLE INCOME.
In my opinion budgeting 1million naira for a 7 days trip is much... are you a first timer?
This was way over overrr your DISPOSABLE income... thats is after ur monthly spending money has been deducted...

Adex2066:

@justwise

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to write a letter of complaint to the UK embassy. Abeg i need a template if anyone has one

Please help a brother.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:
Hello guys. I was just refused a uk visit visa. During my application, I had over 6 million in my account. My salary is 300k each month, plus I have additional income of around 200k+ every month as well, which I stated during the application. But it seems that they didn't take account of my additional income. What did I do wrong and what can I do to correct it. Any response/help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@justwise

Your budget for a 7 days trip is was too high...£ 1200~ £1400 would have been perfect but it looks like you want to impress the ECO that u have enough cash in yr accate... I must say... Well you just shot yourself on the leg. Although this is what we call medicine after death, but next time , Try to cut your budget to -
Flight- £550
Hotel- £350
bta- £300-£500
Total- £1200/ £1400

Give it some time then reapply so it wont look like ur desperate. Follow that budget above and u will see that the lord is good. For everone reading.. UK visa is not ponmon and i realized so many applicant do have issue when it comes to presenting a well run account statement. To avoid issues ,.Open a new account as to where ONLy your salary would be paid and avoid any other funds to be remitted in there... Then gather other genuune documents n apply. Then we will help u praise God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
This letter is to be constructed in ur own words according to your unique complaint and anything you feel the visa officer got wrong in that your refusal.
E be like you go wait tire for template oga but who knows....
Seeyat:
Hello Nairalanders,

I want to write a letter of complaint to the UK embassy. Abeg i need a template if anyone has one

Please help a brother.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
Suuz:

Okay, did you write a cover letter to explain the 200k+ to them? Your budget of 1m for 7days trip is a bit much, let’s say flight 220k, living expenses 100k for 7days sounds more realistic. That’s 320k which would have been a little bit above twice your monthly disposable income(just my opinion). Anyway, Just wait a little bit and the experts on this forum would give you a reply that would be much more helpful.

No I didn't write a cover letter. But I included a note about it on the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
we have been told to keep our uk expenditure within 2 times our DISPOSABLE INCOME.
In my opinion budgeting 1million naira for a 7 days trip is much... are you a first timer?
This was way over overrr your DISPOSABLE income... thats is after ur monthly spending money has been deducted...

Yes its my first time. My disposable income is around 400k every month, if you include my additional income. But they didn't include that. But yes, I take your point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:

Your budget for a 7 days trip is was too high...£ 1200~ £1400 would have been perfect but it looks like you want to impress the ECO that u have enough cash in yr accate... I must say... Well you just shot yourself on the leg. Although this is what we call medicine after death, but next time , Try to cut your budget to -
Flight- £550
Hotel- £350
bta- £300-£500
Total- £1200/ £1400

Give it some time then reapply so it wont look like ur desperate. Follow that budget above and u will see that the lord is good. For everone reading.. UK visa is not ponmon and i realized so many applicant do have issue when it comes to presenting a well run account statement. To avoid issues ,.Open a new account as to where ONLy your salary would be paid and avoid any other funds to be remitted in there... Then gather other genuune documents n apply. Then we will help u praise God

I honestly wasn't trying to impress. It was genuinely what I budgeted for the trip. I will note your advice if I apply again. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
Can it be upto 400k again?
The letter says your monthly expenditure is 160k .. take that from ur salary of 300k that will remain 140k ... plus lets say you add up this additional income per month of 200k.. thats 140 +200...

Next time just stick to what has worked for majority.. run your budget closely and your account closely with your salary.. and try not to exceed 2ce the disposable income.
You earn well so this visa is feasible.
reduce your monthly spending next time(declaring 160k from ur salary is high) so that you have enough money from your salary earnings to serve as the main fund for the trip so as not to confuse ECO.. also hope you submit all relevant documents showing origin of proof every fund that made your account balance to run into 6 million..

Adex2066:

Yes its my first time. My disposable income is around 400k every month, if you include my additional income. But they didn't include that. But yes, I take your point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:

No I didn't write a cover letter. But I included a note about it on the form.

Next time, write a cover letter that fully explains the funds in your account, it does help. How long did it take for you to get a decision? I mean when did you go for your biometrics and when did you get the message that your application has been assessed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
Can it be upto 400k again?
The letter says your monthly expenditure is 160k .. take that from ur salary of 300k that will remain 140k ... plus lets say you add up this additional income per month of 200k.. thats 140 +200...

Next time just stick to what has worked for majority.. run your budget closely and your account closely with your salary.. and try not to exceed 2ce the disposable income.
You earn well so this visa is feasible.
reduce your monthly spending next time(declaring 160k from ur salary is high) so that you have enough money from your salary earnings to serve as the main fund for the trip so as not to confuse ECO.. also hope you submit all relevant documents showing origin of proof every fund that made your account balance to run into 6 million..

Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time.

Edit: please when will be a good time to apply again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
Suuz:

Next time, write a cover letter that fully explains the funds in your account, it does help. How long did it take for you to get a decision? I mean when did you go for your biometrics and when did you get the message that your application has been assessed?

Yes, I should have written a cover letter about my additional income. I guess we live and learn.

It took about 19 days to get a decision from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:

Yes, I should have written a cover letter about my additional income. I guess we live and learn.

It took about 19 days to get a decision from them.

Okay, whenever you want to reapply, I will still advise you upload the refusal letter so that the gurus here can help you step by step on how to write the cover letter and tackle all that was in the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
This letter is to be constructed in ur own words according to your unique complaint and anything you feel the visa officer got wrong in that your refusal.
E be like you go wait tire for template oga but who knows....

Lmao, thanks brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
do you have other travel history?
if you genuinely can prove your case of how 6million was accumulated and how it is your money and that you have saved for this vacation over a while and want to spend 1m on a vacation as it is just a small fraction of what you have... then I think you can explain your case in a letter of complaint. You can also include that the ECO forgot to take into consideration your additional income which you stated in your application.

... if this is the only clause for refusal...
Basically if you have reason to believe they have wronged you, make your case before them by emailing the embassy and UKVI dont forget to explain your case very well
Adex2066:

Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time.

Edit: please when will be a good time to apply again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
do you have other travel history?
if you genuinely can prove your case of how 6million was accumulated and how it is your money and that you have saved for this vacation over a while and want to spend 1m on a vacation as it is just a small fraction of what you have... then I think you can explain your case in a letter of complaint. You can also include that the ECO forgot to take into consideration your additional income which you stated in your application.

... if this is the only clause of refusal...

Basically if you have reason to believe they have wronged you, make your case before them by emailing the embassy and UKVI dont forget to explain your case very well

www.imgur.com/gVenwCP

That's my letter.

Edit: what's the process of writing a letter of complaint?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
It is not showing
Adex2066:

https://i.imgur.com/gVenwCP.jpg[/img]

That's my letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
It is not showing

https://m.imgur.com/gVenwCP

Not sure why. Try to refresh it once you open the link.

Yes I have travel history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sanspiffy(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
Adex2066:

https://m.imgur.com/gVenwCP

Not sure why. Try to refresh it once you open the link.

Yes I have travel history

Sorry about the refusal man. I am not an expert on this sort of thing but my advice will be to reapply and address the points that were raised for the refusal like the cost of your travel does not tally with how much you earn per month.

Address those points with evidence and you should get the visa I reckon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
giselle237:
It is not showing
Below is @Adex2066's refusal letter. I was able to view it and I decided to share it so you could see it and look into it.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adex2066: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
sanspiffy:

Sorry about the refusal man. I am not an expert on this sort of thing but my advice will be to reapply and address the points that were raised for the refusal like the cost of your travel does not tally with how much you earn per month.

Address those points with evidence and you should get the visa I reckon

Thanks. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.