Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441522 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
BasDost:
Hi @Justwise & co. I have found myself in an anxious situation & will be pleased with a kind clarification on this issue. Thank you.

The situation is, while on a tier 4 student visa to the UK; I travelled to Italy on a Schengen visa. Unfortunately for me, I got fined by bus inspectors (they are not police officers) for an honest error of not correctly validating my bus ticket in the bus. I later found out this is rampant amongst tourists in Italy due to lack of information/ignorance. Anyways, I paid my fine a day after at the bank. The inspector did record my name, Uk address, and some other relevant details from my BRP on the fine printout. I left the UK immediately after the completion of my programme.

Now I intend to apply for another student visa to further my study, will this affect my UK visa application (apart from this single & minor incident, I have very clean immigration records & excellent academic performances in my earlier programmes) & do I have to mention it in the application (meaning is this a “criminal offence” or just a civil affair?). This is bothering me as I abhor with all my heart bypassing any rules. It was an ignorant & honest mistake I made.

Thank you very much.

I seriously doubt that it will affect your application. You paid the fine without court appearance or criminal record
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
Suuz:

Is this your first time applying?

Second time. First time was in 2015 which was rejected. I got my passport back then in three weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
bukard64:
Thank you so much, I’ve gotten an email confirming the passport is in Abuja. It’s like they’re waiting for me to complain lol ... thanks for responding

Did you mail them? If yes, kindly assist with the email address. A decision was made on my application on 27th of August and am yet to get my passport back. Data capturing was done on the 7th August
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hb1234:
Pls house, i got my visa has been concluded message on 10september and till now am yet to receive another mail for collection. Pls what could be the cause of the delay

What's the link to the tracking visa application process?

I remember using it in previous UK visa applications but can't remember how to do that again and not seeing progress email this time around.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
rman:

Second time. First time was in 2015 which was rejected .
I got my passport back then in 3 weeks

Okay, just be hopeful, it will be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
Good day my people , please what are the things someone need to go along with for checking in at the airport in nigeria and POE in UK? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
BasDost:
Hi @Justwise & co. I have found myself in an anxious situation & will be pleased with a kind clarification on this issue. Thank you.

The situation is, while on a tier 4 student visa to the UK; I travelled to Italy on a Schengen visa. Unfortunately for me, I got fined by bus inspectors (they are not police officers) for an honest error of not correctly validating my bus ticket in the bus. I later found out this is rampant amongst tourists in Italy due to lack of information/ignorance. Anyways, I paid my fine a day after at the bank. The inspector did record my name, Uk address, and some other relevant details from my BRP on the fine printout. I left the UK immediately after the completion of my programme.

Now I intend to apply for another student visa to further my study, will this affect my UK visa application (apart from this single & minor incident, I have very clean immigration records & excellent academic performances in my earlier programmes) & do I have to mention it in the application (meaning is this a “criminal offence” or just a civil affair?). This is bothering me as I abhor with all my heart bypassing any rules. It was an ignorant & honest mistake I made.

Thank you very much.

From my point of view, this is not a criminal act. You didn’t know and you have paid the fine. I was in Dubai last year and I tapped my card as I enter the bus. When the bus broke down I forgot tap out my card and all my credit zoomed to 0 while I was in another bus.. when I dropped off I then realized that and nothing happened.

You’re good to go. You’re not perfect. We tend to make mistakes and you have corrected yourself.

Enjoy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukard64: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
I sent the email here and it was actually free and got a response after a week so I think you should try them complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

rman:

Did you mail them? If yes, kindly assist with the email address. A decision was made on my application on 27th of August and am yet to get my passport back. Data capturing was done on the 7th August
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukard64: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

rman:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
bukard64:
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Adex2066:

My additional income comes in on a monthly basis. It isn't fixed, but I'd say average around N220k.

I will do what you have suggested, and reduce my monthly expenses to 100k, reduce my total budget for the trip to around 650k, as well as providing a cover letter explaining in great details, my additional income.

Do you think I should touch on the reasons I was refused on my next application? And when do you think will be good to re-apply? Because I was supposed to begin my leave on Monday which I mentioned on my previous application. But I'll trying to get a deal with my boss to push my leave to maybe December.

Alright, add the average to your 300k salary.

I think the cover letter explaining your additional income in great details and stating the reasons for the rejection should suffice (see: Justwise's response to Pajabs at 6:28pm today).

I'd say give it till early November to re-apply (but this is purely subjective) especially if you're able to re-negotiate your leave time with your boss; this way, you have ample time for the 15 working days timeframe and also, you don't come across as desperate to UKVI (again, purely subjective).

And since you mentioned that your leave begins on Monday, 23rd September, if your re-negotiation pulls through, I'd suggest to include a letter from your company (letter-headed paper to be used) stating that your leave was "pushed forward" to December, 2019.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hi guys!

So I missed my initial appointment and TLS has not responded to any of my mails since.

What are my options?

I'm thinking of doing a walk-in tomorrow at Abuja TLS.
Who knows if it is possible. Also, is there a time for walk-in appointments?

Please help, thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
My friends application has been concluded ever since Monday but no pickup or dispatch message till now. Should i tell him to check at VI center tomao or should wait for pickup messages... ? He's scared though cos the embassy didn't call his UK sponsor at all and the application has been concluded . Has anyone experienced this and visa was granted ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lbreeze: 12:30am On Sep 20, 2019
no one is responding to me, pls Come to my aid guys.

lbreeze:
pls i need help applying for a uk visa. I am a business person, i am involved in general merchandise. i have a Treasury bill in the bank to the tune of 3m, and my bank account balance is above 1m, i have travelled a couple of times to three african countries and one asian country, and i have been denied a couple of times for USA and schenegen, but i never tried the uk.

On my previous approved visas, i got them approved as an employee of a Nigeria-South African company that i freelance with, but there isnt any proof asides my letter of introduction and letter of appointment but my major funds come from my business.... my inability to get a bank account with monthly employment pay coming in has left me confused as i dont know what best source of income to state to in my visa application.

also, I just newly registered my business about a month ago and my business bank account isnt well run yet.

Pls, how best (employment/monthly income information) can i apply for a UK visiting Visa, as i will like to visit in october?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:10am On Sep 20, 2019
You are a freelancer with a company and no close ties of monthly credits from this company as salary.
Yes u have a letter of introduction but what ties you to this company?
If u want to go the route of self employed you also would need to declare a monthly income which you urself state has not been perfectly done as the business is newly registered ... at least you should be able to point out an income you say you receive from your busienss/company in your bank statement
The treasury bills most times are viewed as investment and not readily available money... except you want to liquidate it for your application
In my opinion, irrespective of your circumstances every visa application must be able to prove that the applicant is not an intending overstayer so please look for stronger employment m, marital or property ties

I suggest you go through the thread to study means by which one could solidify ties to nigeria.. and then ask questions as the spirit leadeth thee
lbreeze:
no one is responding to me, pls Come to my aid guys.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:
My friends application has been concluded ever since Monday but no pickup or dispatch message till now. Should i tell him to check at VI center tomao or should wait for pickup messages... ? He's scared though cos the embassy didn't call his UK sponsor at all and the application has been concluded . Has anyone experienced this and visa was granted ?

Ask him to wait for them to respond to him. They don't send these messages quickly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ALIF07: 8:02am On Sep 20, 2019
Greeting to the house.

Is it possible for a UK visa to be denied if one did not submit the 2-passport photograph.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2019
Please can anyone give me tips to get an earlier appointment. The earliest self-service date is m seeing is 11th October which is quite far.

How do I get an early date pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2019
They are no longer submitting two passport photograps... the one they will snap during biometrics is ok for them
ALIF07:
Greeting to the house.

Is it possible for a UK visa to be denied if one did not submit the 2-passport photograph.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2019
Keep checking.. an earlier appointment will free up and then you grab it
customised87:
Please can anyone give me tips to get an earlier appointment. The earliest self-service date is m seeing is 11th October which is quite far.

How do I get an early date pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kenseT: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2019
Hello house,
Please I need help, seeeeerious help! When I was younger ( i mean about 10yrs ago) my desperation to visit my friends in the UK took a better part of me. I made some decisions back then and trust me they are bad ones ( very very bad ones). Used a different name and dob ( travel agent's instructions) I also did biometrics o!.

Aside wanting to visit UK now,my major worries are
1) what would happen if I tender my real information now.( I can't risk my passport seized)

2) if eventually all these countries start sharing visa application data,what would become of my future US,Canada and Schengen applications .
I have a valid US and lots of expired of schengen visas .Aside the sudden urge to visit UK ,I also need to clear my mess.
Please,I need advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2019
giselle237:
Keep checking.. an earlier appointment will free up and then you grab it

Thanks alot, I just got an appointment for 27th September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2019
You used different names and dob.. what else happened?
This situation you have narrated is not complete sir. How will anyone know how best to help you

kenseT:
Hello house,
Please I need help, seeeeerious help! When I was younger ( i mean about 10yrs ago) my desperation to visit my friends in the UK took a better part of me. I made some decisions back then and trust me they are bad ones ( very very bad ones). Used a different name and dob ( travel agent's instructions) I also did biometrics o!.

1) what would happen if I tender my real information now.( I can't risk my passport seized)

2) if eventually all these countries start sharing visa application data,what would become of my future US,Canada and Schengen applications .
I have a valid US and lots of expired of schengen visas .Aside the sudden urge to visit UK ,I also need to clear my mess.
Please,I need advise.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kenseT: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
@giseelle237.
I wanted to visit UK so much that every information I used ( name and dob included) weren't mine but was refused. Nothing else happened but I also know that I can't apply using my real information now and not get into some trouble .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
My people, what’s the total cost for Tier 2 priority visa application and possible bank charges in USD. I want to use someone’s USD card to make payment and I want to be sure I have the complete amount on the card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
If you know you would get into trouble then what are you looking for there? A big case of false representation which they probably didn’t catch that time... Me I don’t understand you

Person see problem carry him two legs dey face there..
what if they catch you now and revisit your case? Seize the passport sef and then ban you on top
You can decide to come clean, however chances that they’ll still mete out their sanctions to you is laudably high

kenseT:
@giseelle237.
I wanted to visit UK so much that every information I used ( name and dob included) weren't mine but was refused. Nothing else happened but I also know that I can't apply using my real information now and not get into some trouble .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jj17cv(m): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
@kenseT
Said :I have a valid US and lots of expired of schengen visas .Aside the sudden urge to visit UK Why Uk do you want to go back to square one they have all ur information don't border to apply due to ur passport .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
BasDost:

Thank you very much.

1. That was not a criminal offense
2. The information collected was to track you in case you didn't pay and also to monitor if you re-offend.
3. Since you paid your fine before you left, then you are okay.
4. I am sure that was never recorded on the Police database
5. Will not affect your application in a any way.
6. No need to mention that since it never happened in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
kenseT:
@giseelle237.

If they got your bio-metrics at that time then basically you are stuck dude!

What you can do is:

-Do a change of name from the (old to the new).
- Swear an affidavit for a new DOB ( old to new)
- sort the dates****

Attach old and new when making application with a letter to explain what has happened.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
Please how can someone use 6months uk visa without violate the visa rules and again what are the things someone need to go along with for checking in at the airport in nigeria and POE in UK? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
kenseT:
Hello house,

Please,I need advise.

That sudden urge ur having is the work of the devil... Be Careful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.