Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate (2791 Views)

Shocked At Deeper Life Church Wedding I Attended Today / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / Lady Dumps Her Yahoo Plus Boyfriend For Eating Bread & Poo (2) (3) (4)

Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by GistMore4: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2019
GistMore.com

Deeper Life Church in Bayelsa have suspended a couple’s wedding for eating from the same plate a week to their official wedding.

The suspension notification came while their traditional marriage was going on.

The post was shared by a Twitter user who wrote:

So I’m going to be narrating a funny story that was shared with me by a friend of mine who went for the wedding of his cousin that was cancelled on Saturday 8, 2019 at Okutukutu, Bayelsa by Deeper Life Bible Church @dclmhq they attend

I don’t criticize pastors or churches, but this is overwhelming and annoying

So after all the preparation for wedding, the State Overseer of Bayelsa state called the chairman marriage committee of the church to suspend the wedding.

The message sent was “YOUR WEDDING IS SUSPENDED. TWO OF YOU ARE PLACED ON DISCIPLINE.” This was sent on Friday during the traditional marriage.

Please who does this? After all the preparation for wedding.

So the family of the bride drove to the State Overseer house to beg him to allow the wedding hold. The mother of the bride was rolling on the floor crying & begging the pastor. But the man refused to answer and walked out on them. Even Jesus Christ never did like that to sinners.

So after crying, they went back home and the bride almost ran mad. And this is another reason that can lead to depression & I can provide @MentallyAwareNG contact to one of the family members to help connect the bride to a psychologist

The wife and husband said the chairman of the marriage stated that the reason why Bayelsa State Overseer suspended the wedding was because the couples to be ate in same plate a week ago. Which the State Overseer said it’s wrong & should never happen until after wedding day.

I want deeper life @dclmhq Bible Church General Overseer pastor Kumuyi to look into this and call Bayelsa’s State Overseer to explain why he purposely decided to spoil this family’s day of Joy

See more here; http://gistmore.com/deeper-life-church-suspends-couples-marriage-for-eating-from-same-plate

Lalasticlala

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by GistMore4: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by majamajic(m): 9:18am On Jun 10, 2019
simply go another Church and do your wedding ,

since you're a member of deeper life , u supposed know the rules and regulations of your church

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by daddytime(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2019
Foolish retired mad people parading themselves as pastors while sitting the Bible on it's head.

Na the mumu sheeples wey believe in someone reading and interpreting the Bible for dem I blame.

Very annoying something.

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by ahiboilandgas: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2019
GistMore4:
GistMore.com

Deeper Life Church in Bayelsa have suspended a couple’s wedding for eating from the same plate a week to their official wedding.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/deeper-life-church-suspends-couples-marriage-for-eating-from-same-plate

Lalasticlala
move to registery and continue your life
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Headlesschicken(m): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2019
undecided One of the Greatest scam of all Times Religion..

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Authoreety: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2019
Big lie

I don't believe ds

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by nuelsam: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2019
Deeper life and their over sabi doctrine........ I've never been to a wedding ceremony duller than deeper life's..... When i was younger, i went to a church with a very similar doctrine, no bands....you gon have to clap ur hands during praise and worship........ Em gyals be acting like deputy Jesus but na lie infact the reason why i left was cos of the height of their hypocrisy(most of em)........ They pretend a lot, i have some of em as coursemates here in school and damn! U won't believe the crazy lifestyle they live when they're away from home....... Sissy pretenders! Now the pastor thinks he made the right decision not knowing he had lost a member and even potential converts........ Lol, if iwas the bride, na to butt outta the church.

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by mcjohny(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2019
Wait ooh so the food and everything, friends, family and well wishers should just wait bc you ate from the same plate. my brother I dey leave that church at that wedding
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2019
nuelsam:
Deeper life and their over sabi doctrine........ I've never been to a wedding ceremony duller than deeper life's..... When i was younger, i went to a church with a very similar doctrine, no bands....you gon have to clap ur hands during praise and worship........ Em gyals be acting like deputy Jesus but na lie infact the reason why i left was cos of the height of their hypocrisy(most of em)........ They pretend a lot, i have some of em as coursemates here in school and damn! U won't believe the crazy lifestyle they live when they're away from home....... Sissy pretenders!
"deputy Jesus" lol

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by lawman88(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2019
This one weak me.....
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Skmoda360(m): 9:32am On Jun 10, 2019
I was christened in that church when I was a baby but I left when I finished secondary school cuz of their funny doctrines...I prefer MFM to this church.
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by BIGGIE121(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2019
nuelsam:
Deeper life and their over sabi doctrine........ I've never been to a wedding ceremony duller than deeper life's..... When i was younger, i went to a church with a very similar doctrine, no bands....you gon have to clap ur hands during praise and worship........ Em gyals be acting like deputy Jesus but na lie infact the reason why i left was cos of the height of their hypocrisy(most of em)........ They pretend a lot, i have some of em as coursemates here in school and damn! U won't believe the crazy lifestyle they live when they're away from home....... Sissy pretenders!

bro have you seen or hear their choir sing . It is so melodious and soul lifting.

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by nuelsam: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2019
SmellySperm:

"deputy Jesus" lol
lol.... If u attend their service just for once,you would understand........ They'll give u that awkward look like "this one cannot make heaven at all, look at the way he dressed........ Lowlife sinner" whereas they're all worse........ When one of em was kinda pressuring me into attending their church........ I said it to her face "y'all are gaddam hypocrites, u don't practice what u preach"........ The shock on her face was EPIC

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by slivertongue: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2019
d bible is our standard &guidin manual &any doctrine dats isnt in tandem wit d bible is sick, useless &sud b jettisoned
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by nuelsam: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2019
BIGGIE121:

bro have you seen or hear their choir sing . It is so melodious and soul lifting.
well well well....... U think........ I kinda agree with u but not completely....... They're good with their instruments........ Very good.....
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by KristaPretty(f): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2019
The pastor is mad
The plate they ate on is mad
The food they were eating which led to their suspension is mad
The chair and table they sat on together is mad
Even the people who made the rules and regulations are all mad
Mad people everywhere angry angry angry

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Andersonjr(m): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2019
Because of eating from dsame plate again? I disagree there's something behind the Curtain

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by tidalstorm(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2019
this overseer is a hypocrite, does he know what his members do behind closed doors in the name of boyfriend and girlfriend relationship?
Now he wants to ruin some people's life because dey broke church doctrine, not even something in the bible.
The heartless man should not even be a Christian not to talk of an overseer

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by don4real18(m): 10:01am On Jun 10, 2019
Authoreety:
Big lie

I don't believe ds
Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's a lie
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by kelechi50: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2019
It's only God that can save in respective of the church you attended, deeper members are pretender's, if you're in to business try doing transaction with them,or check some of their girls in campus, you will run for your life. Born again is personal conviction and not church things.
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2019
They should head to the registry and get married.
All these formalities self must you marry in the church for your marriage to be successful.
Holier than thou people. What is wrong with eating in the same plate with your spouse to be?
Is there a biblical backing on this action by the church ?

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 10, 2019
Rubbish!??
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by bluebay(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2019
Everyone here sef aren’t asking the Important Question.. How on earth did the pastor know they ate together on same plate.. If must be those old Aproko Women them who can’t stay in their marital home
But look for fault elsewhere.
The truth to be told, Such rule is insane and be it me, I know my matter for I Dey quick vex... If my wife don’t follow me to another church or Registry for the wedding, She’s on her own and as for that’s Deeper life, It’s bye bye to them.

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Danwakae(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2019
nuelsam:
Deeper life and their over sabi doctrine........ I've never been to a wedding ceremony duller than deeper life's..... When i was younger, i went to a church with a very similar doctrine, no bands....you gon have to clap ur hands during praise and worship........ Em gyals be acting like deputy Jesus but na lie infact the reason why i left was cos of the height of their hypocrisy(most of em)........ They pretend a lot, i have some of em as coursemates here in school and damn! U won't believe the crazy lifestyle they live when they're away from home....... Sissy pretenders! Now the pastor thinks he made the right decision not knowing he had lost a member and even potential converts........ Lol, if iwas the bride, na to butt outta the church.

DeeperLife, is one of the church I respect so much , but that doesn't mean all DeeperLifers r true worshipers of God....

To the best of my knowledge with deeperlife life frnd , there is the marriage committee that has a process screening before the marriage and the intended couple's are warn not to visit each others home let alone eat from same plate, and if the need be for u to visit as a female u must go with another female sister that is a worker in their church, there are so much rules from the committee before marriage, as such as a member they should have known the kinda church they attend and the question YOU fails to ask urself is WHY DID DEY DO THAT WHEN THEY ARE AWARE OF THE RULES, there many churches out there if they know that the rules is too much for them, why not go to another church and have ur wedding peaceful at the onset...

I like the courage of that pastor that adhere to the rules , he must be commended for that cos it's.not easy to take such last munite decision, and that's one of the reasons I like Deeperlife real believers mostly during waec invigilation it sucks but thats what is right .

Even as a Muslim I gat to know this when I fell in love with one of the Deeperlife sister back then in school, I was ready to marry her but for my religion, we.had been friends, and she doesn't visit and seems not develop any intimacy likeness for me but I was for her, and a.friend introduce me to all these their doctrines and rules, immediately I started avoiding her to.kill the love I had for her, but nevertheless, some of her friends that are also members of same church, started visiting me to.cheeer me up cos it was closed to exams and few of them showed interest in me then ...

The pastor has done well, if u want to serve God, serve him faithfully, not with Grace, that most Christian's use to hide in sins,

In the boys hostel then , that's where u know the real believers among those who observed their Salat, jumat and daily prayers with those choir members and the holy holy ones....lolsss....swt memories tho.
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Anyone that let's a one man church takes critical decisions for him or her is unfit for marriage
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by BlackfireX: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Deeper life, is that one a church?
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by itegbemie: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
Don't believe the story jhoor. If you should not eat from same plate then you should not have sex too nah. Christians should read more of their Bibles than pastor(humans) most of then will sit on high table in Hell, else you be mislead. It simple if you don't like this doctrine which I believe is false just walk away besides no church in heaven. Most pastors disguised Demons.
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by emelda86(f): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
This one na rubbish talk that's why I like my people, immediately u pay her bride price she's your wife all this born again Jesus said Christians I can't deal abeg.

If it was me I will grab my husband to another nearest church to wed no be my day in a go use uchu spoil.

Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by chloride6: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
If true, you folks give these churches too much rep..

Ain't Nobody gat time for that..
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by unbeatableliz(f): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
Some Churches and their doctrinal teachings na wa... Not even sex but eating from same plate
GistMore4:
GistMore.com

Lalasticlala
Re: Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating From Same Plate by babyfaceafrica: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
all this fake stories.....if a church suspends them..can't the go to another church?..or must they even do Church's wedding?...

What's That Thing Your Babe Is Not Good At. / Relationship Problem Please I Need Your Advice / Evidence That Whitemoney Is In Love With Pere (pic)