Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? (230 Views)

5 Kinds Of Noise Women Make When Enjoying Lovemaking / The Costly Mistake Many Men Make When Choosing A Marriage Partner / Please Help, Despite Our Commitments, She's Still Giving Green Light Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? by Ilekokonit: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
When we are in love especially when we are younger, we tell our other half things like :- I will always love you, I will never leave you, etc, etc. Are these extreme pronouncements valid, feasible or possible long term especially as a couple grow older and have more life experiences under their belt and begin to understand that no condition is permanent and life is an unpredictable thing full of ups and downs.

Another angle is that the man / woman you fell in love with at 21 WILL be significantly different from the person he / she has changed into 20 years later.
Re: Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? by richmind2019(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
they are reasonable but we dont live by it
Re: Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? by missimelda01(f): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
I'm done taking talks like that to heart. Humans are unpredictable, situations can change and you might end up hurting someone badly because of the promises you made 'unconsciously' (that's cos we tend not to reason when inlove..well most times)

Just keep an open mind, expect the best but prepare for the worse.

1 Like

Re: Are The Pronouncements / Commitments We Make When We Are In Love Reasonable ? by Lonelypacifist6: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
I have always meant what I said when I used to be in Love, they all broke the promises humans are unpredictable and some of them don't know what it's like to have a heartbreak

(1) (Reply)

Enquiry / The Wrong Spouse Will Treat You As Delilah Did To Samson. / Health Tips For The Aging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.