Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan (18981 Views)

Atiku Sought The Help Of Uk Not To Be Arrested I US But Was Turned Down / We Didn’t Grant Atiku Visa Says American Embassy - Independent.ng / No First Lady Has Been Harassed Like Me, Says Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 3:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Patience Jonathan

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Mrs Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan, said the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr Ibrahim Magu, wrote a letter to the British High Commission in Nigeria, asking the British Government not to issue her with a visa.

Patience said this in a petition written by her lawyers, Granville Abibo (SAN) & Co. which was addressed to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Yakubu Dogara.

Patience said the British Government subsequently investigated her and found her not wanting and thereafter issued her with a visa.

The petition, which was signed by G.I. Abibo (SAN), read in part, “In February 2017, the EFCC through its acting Chairman, Mr Ibrahim Magu, made a spurious report against our client to the United Kingdom authorities and other international bodies – all in a grand design to forestall the renewal of her visa and other travel documents.

“The allegations against our client by the EFCC were duly investigated by the UK authorities and other international bodies who found the reports baseless and thereupon issued the visa and other travel documents to our client.”

Patience said the EFCC had gone after her relatives including her older brother, Chief Aseminaso Kalama, for no just cause.

Besides, Mrs Esther Oba, Patience’s relative, had also been declared a person of interest by the commission for allegedly operating a bank account with $429,381.87 (N135,255,289.05) for the former President’s wife.

Patience said the Nigeria Police Force and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency had also joined the EFCC in intimidating and harassing her family, adding that the three agencies had searched her properties at least five times.

She added, “On November 3, 2016, the EFCC physically raided and attacked the premises of our client and her relations situated at 2 Igbeti Street, Maitama, Abuja, in the absence of the occupants of the house, carting away valuable items.

“On November 30, 2016, the same premises were raided by the officials of the NDLEA with a lorry load of over 50 operatives under the guise of searching for drugs kept in the house. This raid was carried out in the absence of the occupants of the said house. Our client’s house was broken into and vandalised.

“On January 4, 2017, the EFCC again broke into the said house claiming to be looking for foreign currencies stashed therein. This was done in the absence of the occupants of the house and without any search warrant. The operatives raided the house and took away whatever they fancied.”

The anti-graft agency commenced investigation on Patience in March 2016. Although she had never been invited by the commission, several bank accounts linked to her with a total sum of about N15bn had been frozen while properties worth about N3bn had been seized by the commission.

All attempts to speak with the spokesman for the EFCC, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, proved abortive as he did not respond to repeated calls put through to his telephone.

http://punchng.com/magu-told-uk-not-to-give-me-visa-says-patience/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 3:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Magu I want to use this medium to say thank you .

Thanks for everything you are doing in Efcc

Kudos my man.

The enemies of state ,looters and their online supporters will not know joy and happiness

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Annie939(f): 3:33am On Jul 10, 2017
what do you need visa for mama peace? all of you want to run away from this country no no no please call mama buhari and her husband to come back home no more traveling again till you guys fix this country

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by malele(m): 4:20am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

The enemies of state ,looters and their online supporters will not know joy and happiness

Did u read the post atall

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by malele(m): 4:21am On Jul 10, 2017
Annie939:
what do you need visa for mama peace? all of you want to run away from this country no no no please call mama buhari and her husband to come back home no more traveling again till you guys fix this country

Run away when the husband is still in nigeria?
Its quite unfortunate what hate is doing to u

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Lincoln275(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by salford1: 5:40am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

Amen.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by UbChapter(m): 5:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Let me perch my tent here. Na sure promise land material be this.
Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:57am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

Where is baba?

17 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by RZArecta(m): 5:58am On Jul 10, 2017
Nobody says security agencies shouldn't do their jobs but repeatedly breaking into someone's house when the person isn't around, WITHOUT A SEARCH WARRANT, and stealing the persons property is going overboard. In a sane clime, Magu would have been relieved of his duties and prosecuted since he obviously doesn't know what it entails. It is acts like this that is pushing the country into a ditch. Magu and all those who support his impunity are the real enemies of state and their fùck ùps shall soon be treated by posterity

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by braine(m): 6:07am On Jul 10, 2017
Patience said the British Government subsequently investigated her and found her not wanting and thereafter issued her with a visa.

What investigation did the British government do exactly? When did the British government become an investigative body in Nigeria, disregarding our agencies?

Looks like the British government are promoting corruption here.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by genearts(m): 6:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by MalcoImX: 6:21am On Jul 10, 2017
malele:

Run away when the husband is still in nigeria?
It quite unfortunate what hate does in people life
Evans sent his wife to Ghana and planned to follow her.

17 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2017
RZArecta:
Nobody says security agencies shouldn't do their jobs but repeatedly breaking into someone's house when the person isn't around, WITHOUT A SEARCH WARRANT, and stealing the persons property is going overboard. In a sane clime, Magu would have been relieved of his duties and prosecuted since he obviously doesn't know what it entails. It is acts like this that is pushing the country into a ditch. Magu and all those who support his impunity are the real enemies of state and their fùck ùps shall soon be treated by posterity

You sound like a charge and bail lawyer

I wonder how some people supports looters covering up with rule of law

While same law was broken when they syphoned our money

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

We have so many clowns and block-heads who think and moves like Zombie in this country. The UK authority eventually issued Visa to Mama Peace after finding out that the allegation against her are baseless and lack utmost good faith. That is my problem with Magu........Magu behaves like a celebrity that always craves attention in the media by shoddily embarking on media trials and tickling the ears of Zombies!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 6:33am On Jul 10, 2017
factsandfigures:
We have so many clowns and block-heads who think and moves like Zombie in this country. The UK authority eventually issued Visa to Mama Peace after finding out that the allegation against her are baseless and lack utmost good faith. That is my problem with Magu........Magu behaves like a celebrity that always craves attention in the media by shoddily going after media trials and tickling the ears of Zombies!

Same people that received loots worth billions of dollars

From our corrupt politicians.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 6:39am On Jul 10, 2017
People should be able to use their brain when it's needed. Magu or EFCC? Magu is just like every other person Working as an officer in EFCC. He couldn't do that on his own if he wasn't working for the commission.
It will be right to say EFCC writes British Govt not to issue her visa and not Magu. We are too emotional in this part of the world.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by OBAGADAFFI: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2017
The allegations against our client by the EFCC were duly investigated by the UK authorities and other international bodies who found the reports baseless and thereupon issued the visa and other travel documents to our client.”

So after EFCC gragra, she still got her VISA.

Hmm

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by ibkgab001: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2017
Power pass power

1 Like

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Syphax(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

Your mentor Buhari is the number one enemy of Nigeria. I know sey you never chop.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by DieBuhari: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2017
braine:

What investigation did the British government do exactly? When did the British government become an investigative body in Nigeria, disregarding our agencies?

Looks like the British government are promoting corruption here.
Nonsense.
So any fool from any agency can just wake up one morning and tell a foreign government who to give visa and who not to give?
Go for mental check up please

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by aolawale025: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2017
The whole madam Jonathan saga is becoming a witch-hunt. The actual corrupt people are in government now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by zombieHUNTER: 7:03am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

am sure you read only the headline... The true enemies of Nigeria are in power right now... Even the president should have resigned long time ago...instead of holding the nation down

8 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by paparazy06(m): 7:03am On Jul 10, 2017
This woman is in for it

1 Like

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by BiafraIShere(m): 7:09am On Jul 10, 2017
Magu is a baboon!

6 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

And you said if the senates impeach osibanjo, that the battle will be like Venezuela. This Venezuela, it is only the sw that will turn the senate to Venezuela or the whole Nigeria? Cos no part of this country ever wish to support the backstabbers Yoruba's. You people should fight the senates ya self. Ss se ,MB are not part of it. The senate will impeach acting commissioner and noting will happen.

10 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 7:14am On Jul 10, 2017
beamtopola:

And you said if the senates impeach osibanjo, that the battle will be like Venezuela. This Venezuela, it is only the sw that will turn the senate to Venezuela or the whole Nigeria? Cos no part of this country ever wish to support the backstabbers Yoruba's. You people should fight the senates ya self. Ss se ,MB are not part of it. The senate will impeach acting commissioner and noting will happen.

Bros we are talking about Nigerian issues here

For Nigerian alone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by BiafraIShere(m): 7:14am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

You sound like a charge and bail lawyer
I wonder how some people supports looters covering up with rule of law
While same law was broken when they syphoned our money
While you sound like a BMC zombie.

8 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by sarrki(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2017
BiafraIShere:
While you sound like a BMC zombie.

Uncle I don't know the thing go pain you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by chemicalDisease: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Kudos my man.

Magu is powerless,

Magu is ordinary DPO

He tried and failed like ur ghost president that's in UK morgue.

10 Likes

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2017
sarrki:

Bros we are talking about Nigerian issues here

For Nigerian alone
Who be this one?
So, senate and osibanjo are not Nigerian issues.

1 Like

Re: Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan by vecman222(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2017
What is this pig of a woman going to the UK for

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Have Received Grants – Osinbajo Updates Buhari On ESP / Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration / Ugwuanyi Approves Contract For Construction Of 2 FG Roads (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.