Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? (2112 Views)

Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by ne4real(f): 6:02pm On May 07, 2007
is it okay to always tell ur close friend everything ur guy or babe gives to u, maybe money or gifts? and also, other personal things between the both of you.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Free(f): 9:14pm On May 07, 2007
no is not okay
i wudnt advice U to
there sumthins U dnt need to share with Ur friends
even If u trust them, grin
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by IBDat(m): 9:19pm On May 07, 2007
Sharing b'tween friends is good but NOT everything about yo personal and relationship(s) should be shared - Be sure to define and not cross a very strict line of practise.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by tunmininu(f): 1:09pm On May 08, 2007
I will say a capital "NO" to that.i remember a time i was telling my friend virtually everything that happens in my relationship, i mean everything.i went as far as telling her some other illegal things i do,not knowing that i was telling digging my grave.she went about telling people including her family members how bad i am,that i date more than 5 guys at a go,her parents started seeing me as a bad influence to their children,i suspected that something was amiss,but i didn't know that she had tarnished my image in front of everybody until her caught her in the act.It was really painful but i have moved on.

I came to the conclusion that probably she was jealous of me and all that,but now,i have learnt to keep my liitle secrets to myself or if not,i share it with my immediate younger sister.At least,she won't go about running her mouth like "MY FRIEND" did.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by CrazyMan(m): 1:37pm On May 08, 2007
It's not ok
Suppose your friendship breaks up what would you do?
by now he/she knows all your secrets and might start black mailing you with it simply because you trusted his or her confidence in the past.

There are things in your life which are supposed to remain private if you can't keep your mouth shut, tell God at least he won't black mail you. wink
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by luxoire(f): 2:13pm On May 08, 2007
No it not ok oh
If you kno ur friend and trust them, then fine, but i believe the limit should be 1. otherwise u are asking for trbl
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by inze(m): 3:37pm On May 08, 2007
It is okay to share informations that you consider not vital and that you want to learn something about, but not informations about your relationship that are considered private, at least part of the essence of being in a relationship is to learn from each other, if you have wanted to learn from friends why be in a relationship.??

My point is, it is not okay to tell your friends "EVERYTHING" a little would do but not everything.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by iice(f): 3:57pm On May 08, 2007
I would say NO, its not ok to tell your friends everything.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by oatgold20(f): 4:08pm On May 08, 2007
dearie,i don't think it's the best to always share everything about your spouse with any friend.There should be limitation to what you say about your relationship.Don't you think this would lead to comparism which can be very dangerous from any of the ends either your friend or you,anf from that jealousy sets in
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Gheorghe(m): 5:56pm On May 08, 2007
not advisable,not all who lafe with are up to 70% truthfull and trustworthy, not even in ur immediate family,there is bound to be jealousy,comparisim,envy and even plots to scartter
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by jgirl3: 6:01pm On May 08, 2007
It's not okay o! They will either destroy it, get your guy/girl or even might even tell eveyone you know.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by osegwu(m): 6:02pm On May 08, 2007
No it is not ok and never will be

Don't even think about it
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by sirt1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
Share some and keep some to urself-----or tell ur b/f or ur g/f.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by QueenQueen: 2:54am On Sep 13, 2009
Itss not good ooo!!!
Friends cannot b trusted wiv everytin.
The ones u thnk will NEVER say anything
will eventually say EVERYTHING you told them wen u guys have a little fight.
undecided
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:31am On Sep 13, 2009
Nope. . .some things are best left unsaid and kept to yourself. . .
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by sweetpie23: 8:30am On Sep 13, 2009
oits not ok to tell anyone everything even your mom
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2009
well, uh, it all depends on how u feel. if u think you'll
be better off not telling them, then don't. but if you want
to tell them go ahead. but sometimes its better to keep some secrets, just in
case you ever have a fight with them and they go off and blab to everyone
about your secrets. so really think it thru, whatever you choose.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2009
I'd say no.
But then, some friends are like soul mates.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Dclique(m): 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2009
Sometimes its the ones you think you can trust, that will sing like birds. So i say you keep things to yourselve unless you really trust that person.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Yumi(f): 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
I never tell my friends everything as I have been burnt in the past. I tell some friends some things and others about other things. Depends on the friendship as well and its level. Its not appropriate to tell all your friends everything. I definitely do not discuss sexual intimacies with my friends thats a total no-no.
Re: Is It Ok To Always Tell Your Friend(s) Everything? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2009
NO NO no no NO no NO
You will be their example and their research study

(1) (Reply)

Topup, The Agony Aunt. / You Asked A Girl Out Via Email She Hasn't Reply? / All Those Bobos Wey Get More Than One Gf For Naija How Una Dey Take Manage Am?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.