Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? (6190 Views)

The Deception Of The Jws!!! / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Coming from a Jehovah witness whose hearts is waxed gross to the knowledge of the Truth, i'm not surprised.

Admit i lied?

What would that mean to a member of a group of liars and hypocrites called Jehovah witnesses?

Notwithstanding it's not a lie, for It would only be a lie if I knew He was called a servant in the Bible (KJV) and said He wasn't that it would be a lie.

But don't you think that would be silly to do that, since the Bible (KJV) is easily accessible?

So it was a only mistake and a minor at that since it was only in the instance of Prophet Isaiah that Jesus was called a servant, besides it was in the same instance of Prophet Isaiah that Jesus was also called Immanuel which translates to God is with us(Isaiah 7:14, 8:cool and also called the mighty God and everlasting Father.

So if you accept Isaiah's calling of Jesus servant of God then it also means that Jesus is the mighty God and everlasting Father to you otherwise your use of the instance of Prophet Isaiah to justify Jesus being a servant of God is hence rendered invalid.

Therefore that doesn't disprove of my saying that Jesus was not a servant of God but a Son of God for if anything it was an aberration.

Now did you go through those texts I gave to you that distinguished the difference between a son and a servant?

Let me just quote one to help you:

John 8:34-36 (KJV)

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Now can you see why the emphasis that Jesus is not a servant of God but the Son of God?

You can also use other texts I gave to you to distinguish the difference, but if you're not yet able after that, then your case is beyond me.

grin grin grin excuses of a lying man. Caught red handed . who even know how many lies you have update on NL only to call mistake later . next time shut your mouth if you have no idea

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 26, 2019
The difference between a son and a servant as distinguished by the Words of Jesus.

John 8:35-36 (KJV)

Matthew 21:33-39 (KJV)

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

Luke 15:11-24 (KJV)

And he said, A certain man had two sons:
And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Hence Jesus who is the Son of God is not and would never be the servant of God even though He served His Father, and any attempt by to reduce Him to that by the Antichrists and modern day Pharisees called Jehovah witnesses would not stand because it is a lie and not of God.

For if Jesus was the servant of God because He served His Father, that means that every single one of them is also a servant of his or her own father!

Luke 15:25-32 (KJV)

Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Sons/children serve their fathers/parents but that never make them to become servants of their Fathers/parents!
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by americanigga(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus said to His disciples:

Acts 1:7-8 (KJV)

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now Jesus in clear terms told His disciples they would be His witnesses, so how come you who call themselves "Jehovah Witnesses" instead of "Jesus Witnesses" claim to be the disciples of Jesus that Jesus gave this instruction?

You ought to come and explain this contradiction, because it seems there's something you aren't telling us by the name you chose to be called alone, for the name Jehovah Witnesses suggest that you are more Judaists(Moses disciples) than Jesus disciples.

And this reflects In your doctrines for despite that you come In the Jesus disciples clothings, your doctrine gives you away as the otherwise, for instead of emphasizing the following of Jesus and His teachings as the true disciples of Jesus should, you emphasize the following of Jehovah Witnesses and the importance of becoming a member of your group as though that determines who is saved or not saved.

But it's not far-fetched for already going by the name "Jehovah Witnesses" you are not following the instructions of Jesus to His disciples who He said would be His witnesses, and perhaps you feel that Jesus is not worthy to be witnessed.

So you have the opportunity to defend your choice of the name "Jehovah Witnesses" instead of "Jesus Witnesses", if you indeed be true disciples of Jesus.

Thank you.

I thought you people say the Father and the son are one and exactly the same, so why bother if they bear witness to the father or the son?
your argument implies that you believe Jehova and Jesus are different , indirectly supporting Jehovah witness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by ableguy(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
americanigga:

I thought you people say the Father and the son are one and exactly the same, so why bother if they bear witness to the father or the son?
your argument implies that you believe Jehova and Jesus are different , indirectly supporting Jehovah witness.
Waoo, this is impressive. I never thought about it this way.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
The difference between a son and a servant as distinguished by the Words of Jesus.

John 8:35-36 (KJV)

Matthew 21:33-39 (KJV)

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

Luke 15:11-24 (KJV)

And he said, A certain man had two [/b]sons:[/b]
And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
And am no more worthy to be called thy [/b]son: make me as one of thy hired [b]servants.
And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Hence Jesus who is the Son of God is not and would never be the servant of God even though He served His Father, and any attempt by to reduce Him to that by the Antichrists and modern day Pharisees called Jehovah witnesses would not stand because it is a lie and not of God.

For if Jesus was the servant of God because He served His Father, that means that every single one of them is also a servant of his or her own father!

Luke 15:25-32 (KJV)

Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Sons/children serve their fathers/parents but that never make them to become servants of their Fathers/parents!

Luke1:38,48,54,69. Psalm 116:16. Acts3:13,26. 4:25.
Anyone who serves the Father and God of Jesus (Eph 1:3. Rev 3:5,21. John7:16. 9:4.) is a servant of the Most High God.
Jnr Pharisee is in sifia pains.
The truth is very bitter to lying Pharisees.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
Janosky:

Luke1:38,48,54,69. Psalm 116:16. Acts3:13,26. 4:25.
Anyone who serves the Father and God of Jesus (Eph 1:3. Rev 3:5,21. John7:16. 9:4.) is a servant of the Most High God.
Jnr Pharisee is in sifia pains.
The truth is very bitter to lying Pharisees.
Yeah if the truth is that you are the servant of your earthly father. grin
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah if the truth is that you are the servant of your earthly father. grin
You are the servant of any body or anything you serve. Rom6:16
Jnr Pharisee receive sense !

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
Janosky:

You are the servant of any body or anything you serve. Rom6:16
Jnr Pharisee receive sense !
We are saying the same thing.

All Jehovah witnesses are servants of their own parents! cheesy
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2019
americanigga:

Which people?

Or you just want to generalize?

This is my opinion just in case you care to know it and not impose your assumptions on me.

Even Jesus said that His Father is greater than He was, so I believe He was not exactly the same as His Father even though He was one with the Father.

For Jesus being one with the Father is in the respect of a team, not that He is the Father, for Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

So even before the Jehovah witnesses came into existence, that belief was already established, so for one to assume that believing that Jesus is not the same as the Father means supporting the Jehovah witnesses is really ignorant and baseless.

Foe what made me open this thread was because Jehovah witnesses would come in the guise of Jesus witnesses even the disciples of Jesus, and yet instead of bearing witness of Jesus, they would point to the Jehovah witness organization.

And that happened severally hence my question, for I thought it was hypocritical of Jehovah witnesses to do so.

For my point is if they want to come, they should come as Jehovah witnesses and not disciples of Jesus who are Jesus witnesses.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
Which people?

Or you just want to generalize?

This is my opinion just in case you care to know it and not impose your assumptions on me.

Even Jesus said that His Father is greater than He was, so I believe He was not exactly the same as His Father even though He was one with the Father.

For Jesus being one with the Father is in the respect of a team, not that He is the Father, for Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

JWs wholeheartedly agree with this point by Jesusjnr.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

Foe what made me open this thread was because Jehovah witnesses would come in the guise of Jesus witnesses even the disciples of Jesus, and yet instead of bearing witness of Jesus, they would point to the Jehovah witness organization.

And that happened severally hence my question, for I thought it was hypocritical of Jehovah witnesses to do so.

For my point is if they want to come, they should come as Jehovah witnesses and not disciples of Jesus who are Jesus witnesses.

The truth is bitter but MUST PREVAIL.
Whose gospel did Jesus Christ and apostle Paul preach?

#* Romans 1:1.
World English Bible
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be
an apostle, set apart for the Good News of
God"

*# Young's Literal Translation
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called
apostle, having been separated to the good
news of God "

** Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be
an apostle, and set apart for the gospel of
God,"

$$** Mark 1:14
"After the arrest of John, Jesus went into
Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God."

Romans 15:16
to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the
Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel
of God, so that the Gentiles might become
an acceptable offering to God, sanctified by
the Holy Spirit.

** 1 Corinthians 1:1
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus
by the will of God, "

$$$ * Jesus Christ provides the answer.
John7:16 & John9:4.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

Jesus jnr thought is NOT Jehovah's thought.
The truth is bitter but MUST PREVAIL.
Whose gospel did Jesus Christ and apostle Paul preach?

#* Romans 1:1.
World English Bible
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be
an apostle, set apart for the Good News of
God"

*# Young's Literal Translation
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called
apostle, having been separated to the good
news of God "

** Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be
an apostle, and set apart for the gospel of
God,"

$$** Mark 1:14
"After the arrest of John, Jesus went into
Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God."

Romans 15:16
to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the
Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel
of God, so that the Gentiles might become
an acceptable offering to God, sanctified by
the Holy Spirit.

** 1 Corinthians 1:1
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus
by the will of God, "

$$$ * Jesus Christ provides the answer.
John7:16,King James Bible
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine
is not mine, but his that sent me.

**# Good News Translation
Jesus answered, "What I teach is not my
own teaching, but it comes from God, who
sent me.

*#* John9:4

"While it is daytime, we must do the works
of him that sent me"

VERDICT: Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul WERE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES "preaching the gospel of God".

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2019
1Corinthians 3:19
americanigga:

Well said! smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nobody Goes To Heaven Or Hell When They Die / Download All Apostle Johnson Suleman 2023 Messages (audio Mp3) / Must He Marry The Girl He Impregnated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.