Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? (6629 Views)

The Deception Of The Jws!!! / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
achorladey:
Perhaps this will bring some fun into the whole of this..

God himself has decided to WITNESS, and what did God had to say?

Read along the conversation below...........

God at the door: Ko ko ko

Householder: Yes! Who is at my door?

God: God! And I have good news for you .

Householder: Wow. My ears are all set to listen.

God: Do you have a Bible there?

Householder: Yes I do!

God: Good! Read along with me the book of 1 John 5: 9-12.

I read............

If we accept the WITNESS of MEN, the WITNESS of GOD is GREATER. Because this is the WITNESS GOD GIVES, the WITNESS that he has given about his SON.

10 The person putting his faith in the Son of God has the WITNESS within HIMSELF. The person not having faith in God has made him a liar, because he has not put his faith in the WITNESS given by God CONCERNING his SON.

11 And this is the WITNESS, that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son.

12 The one who has the Son has this life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this life.

Householder: Hmmmm! You must be one of Jesus' witnesses. Is this correct?

God: Well, how will the answer to your question be from the scriptures I have just read? and which company do you(householder) belong?

Hmmm beautiful !!!

God Bless you !!!

Love the scriptures !!!

1 John 5:9-12 KJV
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. [10] He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Maximus69 what do have to say about this scriptures ?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Hmmm beautiful !!!

God Bless you !!!

Love the scriptures !!!

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. [10] He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

'BY THEIR FRUIT'
That is what Jesus said! Matthew 7:15-20

If the OP could publicly say all your so called Churches are DEAD and James said it's due to the fact that the FAITH in your Churches lacks WORKS{James 2:18-26} and the OP himself could conscientiously say 'there are VIRTUOUS WORK you all can EMULATE from Jehovah's Witnesses' 1Peter 2:12

Abeg case don closed Sir, Witnesses of JEHOVAH are discharged and acquainted!
Paul said 'against such {people in the midst of whom you found the fruit of God's holy spirit, to the point of voicing out that your own people should go and EMULATE them} THERE IS NO LAW'! Galatians 5:23 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
I can see you're a cunning serpent , u are here to please your master not God. Pls continue to preach your denomination while painting others black.

But let me ask u, what is the gospel ?
Jesus himself , the spokesman for his Father, Jehovah ,has exposed your LIES...
Jesus speaks to you:
**" I have come in my Father's name and you (Samunique) do not accept me" John 5:43

"We must do the work of Him that sent me"
John 9:4.

*** "Jesus travelled about from one town and village to another, preaching the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him" Luke 8:1.

***"And the gospel must first be preached to all nations" Mark13:10.

****"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony (witness) to all nations,and then the end will come" Matt24:14.

** Samunique, the words of Jesus Christ wey you refused to accept dey torment you.
As ee dey pain you so, go tear all those words of Jesus comot from your Bible...
Lol .

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
You are very correct, I just noticed.
I truly think though that there are some areas that the church would do well to {{{EMULATE the Jehovah Witnesses}}} for not all about them is bad.
There's no witness of JEHOVAH that will ever say anything is worth EMULATING in your DEAD Churches,but all of you should find a way to edit, erase, delete or format this before you can raise any objection towards Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 12:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Samunique:
Hmmm beautiful !!!

God Bless you !!!

Love the scriptures !!!

Jehovah has given the witness that Jesus is His son,( 1John5:9-12) but these lying Pharisees wey dey NL dey reject Jehovah's testimony and them LIE that "Jesus is Jehovah" , na them dey quote scripture wey condemn their LIE,LIE ..
Lying Pharisees, Trinity worshippers,you guys are very shameless ...
kikikikikiki (laughing out loud).

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Maximus69:
There's no witness of JEHOVAH that will ever say anything is worth EMULATING in your DEAD Churches,but all of you should find a way to edit, erase, delete or format this before you can raise any objection towards Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy
Except the lying false "witness of Jehovah" that truly finds my saying the "The Church Is Dead" and this below is worth emulating. wink

jesusjnr:

I truly think though that there are some areas that the church would do well to emulate the Jehovah Witnesses for not all about them is bad.

jesusjnr:

So Jehovah Witnesses can also learn from those devils how to be Jesus Witnesses and to obey His commandments, for if the JWs did that they would be true Jesus disciples and not the false ones as they are today.

So you can emulate that aspect of the devils. cheesy Lolz! grin

If there's nothing good in devils saying the Truth that Jesus is the Son of God, and obeying the command of Jesus in that instance, for the Jehovah Witnesses to learn from and emulate, then there's also nothing good in the Jehovah Witnesses worth emulating. smiley
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2019
God has a message for the Jehovah witnesses who think Jesus is just a servant of God:

https://www.nairaland.com/5247432/personal-encounter-jesus-8th-june#79375748
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 16, 2019
Janosky:

Jehovah has given the witness that Jesus is His son,( 1John5:9-12) but these lying Pharisees wey dey NL dey reject Jehovah's testimony and them LIE that "Jesus is Jehovah" , na them dey quote scripture wey condemn their LIE,LIE ..
Lying Pharisees, Trinity worshippers,you guys are very shameless ...
kikikikikiki (laughing out loud).
I wonder o!
Jehovah also bear witness that Jesus is his son, yet they're agitating and claiming that Jehovah is lying! wink

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2019
^^^^ Confused Jehovah witness lots!

Jehovah called Jesus His Son, and yet you that claim to be Jehovah's witnesses would be calling Jesus who Jehovah Himself called His beloved Son, Jehovah's servant and messenger.

Speaking of lying and false Jehovah witnesses.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
^^^^ Confused Jehovah witness lots!

Jehovah called Jesus His Son, and yet you that claim to be Jehovah's witnesses would be calling Jesus who Jehovah Himself called His beloved Son, Jehovah's servant and messenger.

Speaking of lying and false Jehovah witnesses.
Hmmm,
Perhaps you should have asked Isaiah who referred to the Messiah{Christ} as a 'servant of God' after saying he will be called 'mighty God'! Isaiah 52:13,53:11 compared to Isaiah 9:6 wink

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmm,
Perhaps you should have asked Isaiah who referred to the Messiah{Christ} as a 'servant of God' after saying he will be called 'mighty God'! Isaiah 52:13,53:11 compared to Isaiah 9:6 wink
So do you truly believe what Isaiah said concerning Jesus? wink
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
So do you truly believe what Isaiah said concerning Jesus? wink
Well he referred to Jesus as
¤ A Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father! Isaiah 9:6
¤ SERVANT of God! Isaiah 52:13,53:11
¤ Emmanuel! Isaiah 7:14,8:8

So there should be a comprehensive conclusion on all of these, NOT just sticking to one and leaving the other without a thorough explanation that harmonizes all other texts regarding the personality of the Messiah!

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by budaatum: 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
I just must say that this message is jnr's message, though that does not mean it's an invalid message, just that it's a message from jnr and not a message from God!

jesusjnr:
God has a message for the Jehovah witnesses who think Jesus is just a servant of God:

https://www.nairaland.com/5247432/personal-encounter-jesus-8th-june#79375748

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by ableguy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
budaatum:
I just must say that this message is jnr's message, though that does not mean it's an invalid message, just that it's a message from jnr and not a message from God!

U get sense jare

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
Maximus69:

Well he referred to Jesus as
¤ A Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Everlasting Father! Isaiah 9:6
¤ SERVANT of God! Isaiah 52:13,53:11
¤ Emmanuel! Isaiah 7:14,8:8

So there should be a comprehensive conclusion on all of these, NOT just sticking to one and leaving the other without a thorough explanation that harmonizes all other texts regarding the personality of the Messiah!
It's very obvious you do believe that Jesus was a SERVANT and MESSENGER of God, but do you also believe that Jesus was the MIGHTY GOD, the EVERLASTING FATHER and GOD WITH US as prophet Isaiah said He was? wink
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
Why won't it be shallow to a member of the Jehovah witness whose have shown themselves to be anti-Jesus and would go to any length and lie to reduce Jesus from the Son of God that He was to a servant of God that He wasn't?

For the same Peter who said Jesus was the Son of God even before Jesus resurrected and proved Himself so, and all His disciples who shared his view would be shallow to you.

Jesus Himself who said He was the Son of God would be shallow to you.

Even God who said who said that Jesus was His beloved Son in whom He was well pleased would be shallow to you despite your delusion that you are His witnesses.

For the only ones that won't be shallow to you are members of Jehovah witnesses who would say that Jesus is what God never called Him, even a servant of God.

So i'm actually highly honored to be shallow to your anti-Jesus "Jehovah Witness" self.

And don't worry i won't want you to engage you further with "my shallowness" according to you, concerning any other point, so let's leave it at the level of Jesus was never a "servant of God" but always the Son of God, and any attempt by all anti-Jesus Jehovah witnesses combined to change or alter that truth would be dead on arrival as has been proven thus far.

rants, Good you were humbled in the face of core evidence . I hope you won't mistake such next time .

Back to the matter :

If you witness for Jesus , Tell us how Jesus can claim to give everlasting life to humans that are already IMMORTAL souls ?

Show that Jesus death isn't useless, cos an imortal soul doesn't need everlasting life . Waiting

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jozzy4:

rants, Good you were humbled in the face of core evidence . I hope you won't mistake such next time .

Back to the matter :

If you witness for Jesus , Tell us how Jesus can claim to give everlasting life to humans that are already IMMORTAL souls ?

Show that Jesus death isn't useless, cos an imortal soul doesn't need everlasting life . Waiting

Humbled in the face of core evidence, and back to which matter?

Did God ever call His Son His servant and His messenger?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
Humbled in the face of core evidence, and back to which matter?

Answer that bolded question in BLUE. face it

Did God ever call His Son His servant and His messenger?

Pais means servant or small child. is Jesus a young child when glorified ? grin grin The apostle meant servant!

Don't be religiously foolish, I gave you a concordance of bible words earlier

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jozzy4:

Answer that bolded question in BLUE. face it

Pais means servant or small child. is Jesus a young child when glorified ? grin grin The apostle meant servant!

Don't be religiously foolish, I gave you a concordance of bible words earlier

It seems you Jehovah witnesses cannot see the extent of your desperation to reduce the Person of Jesus to a servant of God, despite that He was the Son of God, for that's the only reason why you'd go for a translation or version of the Bible that would call Him a "servant of God" instead the "Son of God".

For imagine trying to pin this on Peter a disciple of Jesus who even called the "Son of God" prior to His death, and after His death and resurrection started calling Him servant, Lol!

And you say that I've been humbled in the face of core evidence?

I would help you translate for I think you actually mean core deception, for that's one of the reasons I love the King James version of the Bible, for it has made it impossible for the efforts of your deceptive likes to alter the Truth of the Bible and turn it into your lies.

And here are some of such hard Truths from Peter a true disciple of Jesus for your deluded mind to chew if you could swallow:

Matthew 16:16 (KJV) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Acts 3:13 (KJV)

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:26 (KJV) Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Maybe you can translate all the "Son of God" that Peter said here into "servant of God" with your lying and fake translation.

I wish you good luck with that because you're gonna need plenty of it.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
It's very obvious you do believe that Jesus was a SERVANT and MESSENGER of God, but do you also believe that Jesus was the MIGHTY GOD, the EVERLASTING FATHER and GOD WITH US as prophet Isaiah said He was? wink
But i quoted everything for you to know what i believe! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
jesusjnr:

It seems you Jehovah witnesses cannot see the extent of your desperation to reduce the Person of Jesus to a servant of God, despite that He was the Son of God, for that's the only reason why you'd go for a translation or version of the Bible that would call Him a "servant of God" instead the "Son of God".

For imagine trying to pin this on Peter a disciple of Jesus who even called the "Son of God" prior to His death, and after His death and resurrection started calling Him servant, Lol!

I would help you translate for I think you actually mean core deception, for that's one of the reasons I love the King James version of the Bible, for it has made it impossible for the efforts of your deceptive likes to alter the Truth of the Bible and turn it into your lies.

And here are some of such hard Truths from Peter a true disciple of Jesus for your deluded mind to chew if you could swallow:

Matthew 16:16 (KJV) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:26 (KJV) Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Maybe you can translate all the "Son of God" that Peter said here into "servant of God" with your lying and fake translation.

Greek/Hebrew Definitions
Strong's #3816: pais (pronounced
paheece)
perhaps from 3817; a boy (as often
beaten with impunity), or (by analogy),
a girl, and (genitive case) a child;
specially, a slave or servant (especially
a minister to a king; and by eminence
to God):--child, maid(-en), (man)
servant, son, young man.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
pais
1) a child, boy or girl
1a) infants, children
2) servant, slave
2a) an attendant, servant, spec. a king's attendant, minister"
Source: https://bibletools.org

**jesusjnr lying Pharisee, Greek "Pais" means 'servant' or son'.

#Your pride and falsehood won't allow you admit that Jesus Christ is a servant of Jehovah, his God and Father (Rev3:5,21).
In Acts 3:13,26, "Pais" is Servant/Son.
Jesus is Jehovah's messenger (John8:29, 7:16) , oh jnr pharisee.

***https://biblehub.com/Matthew/16-16.htm
Lexicon

the
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite
article. Including the feminine he, and the
neuter to in all their inflections; the definite
article; the.
Son
Υἱὸς (Huios)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 5207: A son, descendent.
Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used
very widely of immediate, remote or
figuratively, kinship.
of
τοῦ (tou)
Article - Genitive Masculine Singular
article; the.
the
τοῦ (tou)
article; the.
living
ζῶντος (zōntos)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive
Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2198: To live, be alive. A
primary verb; to live.
God.”
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2316: A deity, especially the
supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate;"

##jnr pharisee, carry your mumu and wayo lie lie put for dustbin.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 17, 2019
Janosky:

Greek/Hebrew Definitions
Strong's #3816: pais (pronounced
paheece)
perhaps from 3817; a boy (as often
beaten with impunity), or (by analogy),
a girl, and (genitive case) a child;
specially, a slave or servant (especially
a minister to a king; and by eminence
to God):--child, maid(-en), (man)
servant, son, young man.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
pais
1) a child, boy or girl
1a) infants, children
2) servant, slave
2a) an attendant, servant, spec. a king's attendant, minister"
Source: https://bibletools.org

**jesusjnr lying Pharisee, Greek "Pais" means 'servant' or son'.

#Your pride and falsehood won't allow you admit that Jesus Christ is a servant of Jehovah, his God and Father (Rev3:5,21).
In Acts 3:13,26, "Pais" is Servant/Son.
Jesus is Jehovah's messenger (John8:29, 7:16) , oh jnr pharisee.

***https://biblehub.com/Matthew/16-16.htm
Lexicon

the
ὁ (ho)
Article - Nominative Masculine Singular
article; the.
Son
Υἱὸς (Huios)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 5207: A son, descendent.
Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used
very widely of immediate, remote or
figuratively, kinship.
of
τοῦ (tou)
article; the.
the
τοῦ (tou)
article; the.
living
ζῶντος (zōntos)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Genitive
Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2198: To live, be alive. A
primary verb; to live.
God.”
Θεοῦ (Theou)
Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 2316: A deity, especially the
supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate;"

##jnr pharisee, carry your mumu and wayo lie lie put for dustbin.
It's so ironic that of all the names in the world, it's a Pharisee that you would choose to call a true disciple of Jesus for calling out the hypocrisy and falsehood of Jehovah witnesses who come in the clothing of Jesus disciples but find it hard to acknowledge His as the Son of God that He is.

For just in case you forgot what the Pharisees are notorious for, let me refresh your memory a bit:

John 8:13, 58-59 (KJV)

13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 10:30-31, 33, 36-39 (KJV)

30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

So can you clearly see who among the both of us fits the description of a Pharisee?

For what Jehovah witnesses are doing today to Jesus is similar to what the Pharisees did to Jesus in those days, for if Jesus were here today and said "I and my Father are one" or "Before Abraham was, I am" etc., as we His disciples are saying concerning Him today, would you Jehovah witnesses not find it offensive as the Pharisees did?

So if anything, it's the Jehovah witnesses that are actually behaving as the Pharisees and worst still you are yet pretending to be Jesus disciples despite your obvious spite for Jesus being addressed as the Son of God that He was, by His true disciples.

For if not why would you prefer a translation or version of the Bible that addresses Him as a "servant of God" over that which addresses Him as the "Son of God" that He truly was?

So even the Pharisees may even be better than the Jehovah witnesses for at least they didn't pretend to be Jesus disciples or part of His church while not according Him the respect that was due Him.

For that's actually my grouse here, that you hypocritical Jehovah witnesses should stop pretending to be Jesus disciples and come as the modern day Pharisees that you truly are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
It's so ironic that of all the names in the world, it's a Pharisee that you would choose to call a true disciple of Jesus for calling out the hypocrisy and falsehood of Jehovah witnesses who come in the clothing of Jesus disciples but find it hard to acknowledge His as the Son of God that He is.

For just in case you forgot what the Pharisees are notorious for, let me refresh your memory a bit:

John 8:13, 58-59 (KJV)

13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 10:30-31, 33, 36-39 (KJV)

30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

So can you clearly see who among the both of us fits the description of a Pharisee?

For what Jehovah witnesses are doing today to Jesus is similar to what the Pharisees did to Jesus in those days, for if Jesus were here today and said "I and my Father are one" or "Before Abraham was, I am" etc., as we His disciples are saying concerning Him today, would you Jehovah witnesses not find it offensive as the Pharisees did?

So if anything, it's the Jehovah witnesses that are actually behaving as the Pharisees and worst still you are yet pretending to be Jesus disciples despite your obvious spite for Jesus being addressed as the Son of God that He was, by His true disciples.

For if not why would you prefer a translation or version of the Bible that addresses Him as a "servant of God" over that which addresses Him as the "Son of God" that He truly was?

So even the Pharisees may even be better than the Jehovah witnesses for at least they didn't pretend to be Jesus disciples or part of His church while not according Him the respect that was due Him.

For that's actually my grouse here, that you hypocritical Jehovah witnesses should stop pretending to be Jesus disciples and come as the modern day Pharisees that you truly are.

Your hypocrisy strong pass Zuma Rock.
It's confirmed that according to
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
pais
1) a child, boy or girl
1a) infants, children
2) servant, slave
2a) an attendant, servant, spec. a king's
attendant, minister"

*** Jnr Pharisee ,Greek "Pais" meaning "Servant/Son", why is this truth so hard for you to accept and digest?

*** Jesus says he's a Servant, " My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me"(John 7:16), jnr Pharisee , why are you fighting against this truth in John7:16 while you claim to be Jesus disciple?

** I confidently and boldly assert that nobody on Religion thread has quoted or cited Matt16:13-17 more than I have done. (go and type Matt16:13-17 in NL search column), that's proof you LIED by your falsely claimed "obvious spite " for Jesus being addressed as son of God"

*** * You hypocrite speaking from both sides of your mouth, "Jesus is I am" & Jesus is son of God simultaneously.
So,your Almighty God is the son of his God..

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2019
Janosky:

Your hypocrisy strong pass Zuma Rock.
It's confirmed that according to
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
pais
1) a child, boy or girl
1a) infants, children
2) servant, slave
2a) an attendant, servant, spec. a king's
attendant, minister"

*** Jnr Pharisee ,Greek "Pais" meaning "Servant/Son", why is this truth so hard for you to accept and digest?

*** Jesus says he's a Servant, " My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me"(John 7:16), jnr Pharisee , why are you fighting against this truth in John7:16 while you claim to be Jesus disciple?

** I confidently and boldly assert that nobody on Religion thread has quoted or cited Matt16:13-17 more than I have done. (go and type Matt16:13-17 in NL search column), that's proof you LIED by your falsely claimed "obvious spite " for Jesus being addressed as son of God"

*** * You hypocrite speaking from both sides of your mouth, "Jesus is I am" & Jesus is son of God simultaneously.
So all these gibberish you have posted here in a nutshell is that you don't believe these sayings of Jesus to the Pharisees, "Before Abraham I am"(John 8:58) and "I and my Father are one"(John 10:30) the same way the Pharisees (who were angered by such sayings of Jesus that they picked up stones to stone Him) didn't believe such sayings?

If so, you've proven me correct that you Jehovah witnesses are modern day Pharisees and hypocrites who come in the guise of Jesus disciples but are actually Antichrists who don't believe His sayings.

For I believe whatever Jesus says He is, so I can't possibly be a Pharisee as you hypocritical Jehovah witnesses aka modern day Pharisees are.

Conclusion: It's the greatest irony for you to call someone who believes the sayings of Jesus a Pharisee, while you view your hypocrite Jehovah witnesses selves who don't believe Jesus sayings as the Pharisees, as Jesus disciples.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 9:47am On Jun 19, 2019
jesusjnr:

Did KJV reduce him to servant at Matthew 12:18 ? See how they translate Greek Pais , same word they dubiously translate son at Acts 3:13 , See your life below

grin grin grin grin grin

" Behold my servant, [Greek Pais] whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased
KJV

Its like you can't comprehend , No one denies Jesus is Son of God . which even prove he was created. father exist before son .

But Pais at Act 3:13 means either a servant or small child , Is Jesus a small boy when glorified ? This is why Servant is the translation of that Greek word . I showed you Act 4:25 where Pais was properly translated by King James as Servant in the case of David . Why the hypocrisy ?

Am speaking scripture , you speaking your head knowledge. More head ache for you

Who is the servant talked about at Isaiah 42:1 ?

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. KJV

Eeyah, Now that KJV calls him servant , IN FACT KJV translate Greek Pais as servant Matthew 12:18 , See hypocrisy oooo , You see your life outside . if I say you should keep shut, you will think its an insult, isn't it obvious now that you have shallow knowledge of the matter u talking about ?

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2019
jesusjnr:

Now that KJV has joined those translation you called Fake, to translate Pais as servant for Jesus, Do you now agree KJV is fake too ?

Has KJV not silence your blabbing mouth now, What do you say ? grin

====

My question is still there, if you witness for Jesus, Explain to me - How Can Jesus give everlasting life to humans that are Already IMMORTAL Souls ?? Does an immortal entity need everlasting life ?

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2019
Jozzy4:

Did KJV reduce him to servant at Matthew 12:18 ? See how they translate Greek Pais , same word they dubiously translate son at Acts 3:13 , See your life below

grin grin grin grin grin

" Behold my servant, [Greek Pais] whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased
KJV
It a shame you can't even hear the hypocrisy, inconsistency and irony in your statement?

They "dubiously" because they used "Son of God" for Jesus, but when they use "servant of God" as the Jehovah witnesses truly view Jesus, they translate it correctly, Lol!

That's why I love King James Version because the translators didn't allow personal sentiments and opinion as the Jehovah witnesses to influence their translations, for if they had sentiments or any ulterior motive against Jesus being called the "servant of God" they wouldn't never have used the word servant here to depict Jesus.

So that has completely debunked your allegation against the KJV being dubious, for they are just being consistent with translating it objectively, as the same use of "servant" to describe Jesus is consistent with their translation of prophet Isaiah's saying which goes:

Isaiah 42:1 (KJV)

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

So if there is anyone dubious or with any ulterior motivated translations, it's the Jehovah witnesses, for it is influenced by their doctrinal sentiments and opinions.

Jozzy4:

Its like you can't comprehend , No one denies Jesus is Son of God . which even prove he was created. father exist before son .

Comprehend ignorance?

For you don't even know that the Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word of God existed in the beginning with God, before it was sown by God as a seed in the womb of Mary, for that's how the Word of God was made flesh, and the Word of God became the Son of God, which is Jesus. John 1:1-3, 14.

The truth is that Jehovah witnesses are hypocrites, for you don't truly see Jesus as the Son of God that God called Him in spite of your pretense, that's why you would want to reduce Him to a mere servant and messenger.

I mean, see how uncomfortable it is for you to call Jesus who He was, even the Son of God but if it's servant of God, you would have no reservations.

For if you really opine that Jesus as the Son of God, tell me what informed that opinion?

For if it's really true that Jesus is the Son of God, then how can you possibly view a Son as a mere servant?

For if you are a son and you serve your father and do your father's will, does that make you his servant?

If you as a son is called your father's servant it's an aberration, for a Son is a Son and a servant is a servant!

You Jehovah witnesses seem not to be able to comprehend the difference between a servant and a son, so here are some Biblical texts that can teach you that for free: Matthew 21:33-41, Luke 15:12-32, John 8:35-36.

So ensure you take your time to go through it so that you can learn what distinguishes a son from a servant, and hence why i've kept stressing this point.

Jozzy4:

But Pais at Act 3:13 means either a servant or small child , Is Jesus a small boy when glorified ? This is why Servant is the translation of that Greek word . I showed you Act 4:25 where Pais was properly translated by King James as Servant in the case of David . Why the hypocrisy ?

This has already been debunked by The KJV use of servant to depict Jesus in the other instance to prove that its translations of Jesus as the Son of God are not ulterior motivated or dubious, but accurately and objectively translated.

For they use servant where servant applied as in that of David, and Son where Son applied as in that of Jesus.

Anything suggestion of the otherwise is totally unfounded and baseless.

Jozzy4:

Am speaking scripture , you speaking your head knowledge. More head ache for you

Who is the servant talked about at Isaiah 42:1 ?

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. KJV

More headache. Lol!

Something already debunked. Maybe you are the one with the headache for repeating a saying that you had already used to label the KJV dubious, for you don't even know that it's the same saying of Isaiah in Isaiah 42:1 that was quoted in Matthew 12:18.

More head ache indeed.
Jozzy4:

Eeyah, Now that KJV calls him servant , IN FACT KJV translate Greek Pais as servant Matthew 12:18 , See hypocrisy oooo , You see your life outside . if I say you should keep shut, you will think its an insult, isn't it obvious now that you have shallow knowledge of the matter u talking about ?

I think with the benefit of hindsight, you you would have observed how ridiculous and ironic this your comment is and scrapped it, for if there's anyone with proven shallow knowledge on this matter, it's certainly not me.

For the KJV has proven why I like it, for it's objective and totally devoid of the doctrinal sentiments that marr the Jehovah witnesses preferred translations.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 21, 2019
Jozzy4:

Now that KJV has joined those translation you called Fake, to translate Pais as servant for Jesus, Do you now agree KJV is fake too ?

Has KJV not silence your blabbing mouth now, What do you say ? grin

Sorry but, when did the KJV become fake as those your fake translations for I missed that?

The KJV has hence been distinguished from the fake translations of yours that it's not influenced by doctrinal sentiments and opinions as the preferred Jehovah witnesses translations.

So my vouching for the KJV has been vindicated.
Jozzy4:

====

My question is still there, if you witness for Jesus, Explain to me - How Can Jesus give everlasting life to humans that are Already IMMORTAL Souls ?? Does an immortal entity need everlasting life ?

What question?

The one that has already been trashed on that thread?

OK sorry, but this is the future and that is the past, for this your question doesn't exist anymore.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
It a shame you can't even hear the hypocrisy, inconsistency and irony in your statement?

They "dubiously" because they used "Son of God" for Jesus, but when they use "servant of God" as the Jehovah witnesses truly view Jesus, they translate it correctly, Lol!

That's why I love King James Version because the translators didn't allow personal sentiments and opinion as the Jehovah witnesses to influence their translations, for if they had sentiments or any ulterior motive against Jesus being called the "servant of God" they wouldn't never have used the word servant here to depict Jesus.

So that has completely debunked your allegation against the KJV being dubious, for they are just being consistent with translating it objectively, as the same use of "servant" to describe Jesus is consistent with their translation of prophet Isaiah's saying which goes:

Isaiah 42:1 (KJV)

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

So if there is anyone dubious or with any ulterior motivated translations, it's the Jehovah witnesses, for it is influenced by their doctrinal sentiments and opinions.

Comprehend ignorance?

For you don't even know that the Jesus is the Word of God, and the Word of God existed in the beginning with God, before it was sown by God as a seed in the womb of Mary, for that's how the Word of God was made flesh, and the Word of God became the Son of God, which is Jesus. John 1:1-3, 14.

The truth is that Jehovah witnesses are hypocrites, for you don't truly see Jesus as the Son of God that God called Him in spite of your pretense, that's why you would want to reduce Him to a mere servant and messenger.

I mean, see how uncomfortable it is for you to call Jesus who He was, even the Son of God but if it's servant of God, you would have no reservations.

For if you really opine that Jesus as the Son of God, tell me what informed that opinion?

For if it's really true that Jesus is the Son of God, then how can you possibly view a Son as a mere servant?

For if you are a son and you serve your father and do your father's will, does that make you his servant?

If you as a son is called your father's servant it's an aberration, for a Son is a Son and a servant is a servant!

You Jehovah witnesses seem not to be able to comprehend the difference between a servant and a son, so here are some Biblical texts that can teach you that for free: Matthew 21:33-41, Luke 15:12-32, John 8:35-36.

So ensure you take your time to go through it so that you can learn what distinguishes a son from a servant, and hence why i've kept stressing this point.

This has already been debunked by The KJV use of servant to depict Jesus in the other instance to prove that its translations of Jesus as the Son of God are not ulterior motivated or dubious, but accurately and objectively translated.

For they use servant where servant applied as in that of David, and Son where Son applied as in that of Jesus.

Anything suggestion of the otherwise is totally unfounded and baseless.

More headache. Lol!

Something already debunked. Maybe you are the one with the headache for repeating a saying that you had already used to label the KJV dubious, for you don't even know that it's the same saying of Isaiah in Isaiah 42:1 that was quoted in Matthew 12:18.

More head ache indeed. I think with the benefit of hindsight, you you would have observed how ridiculous and ironic this your comment is and scrapped it, for if there's anyone with proven shallow knowledge on this matter, it's certainly not me.

For the KJV has proven why I like it, for it's objective and totally devoid of the doctrinal sentiments that marr the Jehovah witnesses preferred translations.

You are so silly , if only you know the gravity of what you just typed

jesusjnr

Moreover there's no single instance in the whole of the Bible where Jesus was called a servant of God, not once

Let me remind you: you once said Jesus was not called servant in the bible, Do u now admit you lied ?

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jozzy4:

You are so silly , if only you know the gravity of what you just typed

Coming from a Jehovah witness whose hearts is waxed gross to the knowledge of the Truth, i'm not surprised.

Jozzy4:

Let me remind you: you once said Jesus was not called servant in the bible, Do u now admit you lied ?
Admit i lied?

What would that mean to a member of a group of liars and hypocrites called Jehovah witnesses?

Notwithstanding it's not a lie, for It would only be a lie if I knew He was called a servant in the Bible (KJV) and said He wasn't that it would be a lie.

But don't you think that would be silly to do that, since the Bible (KJV) is easily accessible?

So it was a only mistake and a minor at that since it was only in the instance of Prophet Isaiah that Jesus was called a servant, besides it was in the same instance of Prophet Isaiah that Jesus was also called Immanuel which translates to God is with us(Isaiah 7:14, 8:cool and also called the mighty God and everlasting Father.

So if you accept Isaiah's calling of Jesus servant of God then it also means that Jesus is the mighty God and everlasting Father to you otherwise your use of the instance of Prophet Isaiah to justify Jesus being a servant of God is hence rendered invalid.

Therefore that doesn't disprove of my saying that Jesus was not a servant of God but a Son of God for if anything it was an aberration.

Now did you go through those texts I gave to you that distinguished the difference between a son and a servant?

Let me just quote one to help you:

John 8:34-36 (KJV)

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Now can you see why the emphasis that Jesus is not a servant of God but the Son of God?

You can also use other texts I gave to you to distinguish the difference, but if you're not yet able after that, then your case is beyond me.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by budaatum: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
Janosky:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by budaatum: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jozzy4:

No one denies Jesus is Son of God . which even prove he was created. father exist before son.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Can Prove That God Does Not Exist. / What Was The Main Message In Your Church Today? / Prayer Points For RCCG 2017 40-day Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.