Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? (6111 Views)

The Deception Of The Jws!!! / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Janosky: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:

Jesus didn't send His disciples to go and witness for Jehovah His Father. Rather, He sent them to go and tell the world about the love of His father and what He has done to save them. John 3:13-21, Matt 28:18-19, Rom 5:8, 2Cor 5:91-21.

All I can understand from your numerous posts is that, your motive is wrong, you're just here to sell your JW, which you always refer to as perfect organization of God's people without the aim of preaching the gospel .

there's no where in the Bible where Jesus named His disciples ''Jehovah's witnesses.

For your information, ''Jehovah needs know further witness for His existence'' everything He's made is a witness to his existence .
Romans 1:19-20

Here's the gospel of Christ.................

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I want to respond to some points you raised...
** (1) Jesus and his disciples were witnesses for Jehovah. Luke 8:1. Matt9:34-36, so it was for this reason Jesus instructed them to beg the "Master of the harvest",his Father ,"to send out more workers" .
Jesus preached the good news of God's kingdom, "witnessing for his Father ,Jehovah (Mark1:14,15.) He commanded his disciples to preach the good news of God's kingdom (Matt24:14), proof you must witness for Jehovah as Jesus did.

2) Jesus is Jehovah's servant ,Acts3:13. Jehovah said his servants are Jehovah's witnesses (Isaiah 43:10-13).
"What I teach is not mine, says Jesus. (John7:16. John15:15). His disciples knew that they were witnesses of Jehovah (they were much more than witnesses for Jesus, Acts1:cool because Jesus is in agreement with his Father's message ( John12:44,45,49,50).
For instance , if I work for MTN and MTN gave me order to recruit you to work alongside me , are you an employee of MTN too?

***3) The good news of God's kingdom is not limited to John3:16, it's so much more than that.... (ask JWs in your neighborhood to explain from the Bible what it is intoto).

we JWs love the only true God Jehovah, we are proudly JWs and cocksure of our faith in Jehovah and what we believe... no apologies.... Abeg ,take am like that.. no one can please everybody.
Peace.....

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 1:36am On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus said to His disciples:

Acts 1:7-8 (KJV)

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now Jesus in clear terms told His disciples they would be His witnesses, so how come you who call themselves "Jehovah Witnesses" instead of "Jesus Witnesses" claim to be the disciples of Jesus that Jesus gave this instruction?

Jesus is talking about the work his disciples will do, Concerning the work of witnessing about Jesus, We do that !!!

We don't rubbish Christ ransom sacrifice like some people do who claim humans have immortal soul, abeg, How can Jesus give everlasting life to already immortal beings ?

If you fall in this category, u should be ashamed of yourself for opening this thread.

Instead we emphasise the role of Christ in Gods purposes very well .

You ought to come and explain this contradiction, because it seems there's something you aren't telling us by the name you chose to be called alone, for the name Jehovah Witnesses suggest that you are more Judaists(Moses disciples) than Jesus disciples.

Jesus came in the Name of the Father , didn't he ?

Sense is needed here , remember Jesus himself is a Jehovahs witness ( Isa 43:10)

And this reflects In your doctrines for despite that you come In the Jesus disciples clothings, your doctrine gives you away as the otherwise, for instead of emphasizing the following of Jesus and His teachings as the true disciples of Jesus should, you emphasize the following of Jehovah Witnesses and the importance of becoming a member of your group as though that determines who is saved or not saved.

But it's not far-fetched for already going by the name "Jehovah Witnesses" you are not following the instructions of Jesus to His disciples who He said would be His witnesses, and perhaps you feel that Jesus is not worthy to be witnessed.

So you have the opportunity to defend your choice of the name "Jehovah Witnesses" instead of "Jesus Witnesses", if you indeed be true disciples of Jesus.

Thank you.

John 5:43 " I have come in my Fathers name "

Jesus came in the Name of his Father , everything he said was as Told by the Father in whose name he comes, why are you so angered we recognize The Father ?

Now back to the issue, if you witness for Christ, answer my Question in Red . OR ELSE you will discover you are fighting as an enemy of Christ .

I am waiting.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 14, 2019
Janosky:

FLAWED POST twisting the truth.

What's flawed and twisting the truth about this saying?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

This was Jesus instruction to His disciples and church, and He said that they shall be His witnesses in all parts of the Earth.

So if that is flawed and twisted to you then you do not belong to His church and are not His disciple and hence cannot claim any right to the benefit of the greater covenant made possible by virtue of His shed blood.
Janosky:

Jesus is Jehovah's messenger," What I teach is not mine,it comes from him who sent me" ,(John7:16).

** Jesus is Jehovah's servant (Acts3:13).
Jesus is in agreement with his Father's message(John 12:44,45,49,50). Likewise, every true disciple agrees with Jehovah's message. To witness for Jesus in Acts1:8 means to preach to people of the world that what Jesus taught about his Father is the whole truth (John 15:15. 17:17).
To reduce Jesus to the status of just a messenger or servant of God is Judaical or Islamic and the level of the Abrahamic covenant with God, for that was what part of the issues that Jesus had with the disciples of Moses and Jews of His day, and also the issue that Islam has with His church, for they don't have problem with Jesus being regarded as just a messenger or servant or prophet of God, but when He is observed to be more than that as the Son of God etc., for that is when it becomes a serious issue to them.

Hence I ask you and your fellow JWs again, where do you really stand, are you part of His church or not because you cannot claim to be Jesus disciples and a part of His church and yet be acting as Judaists or Islamists by not recognizing the Lordship and authority of Jesus as the Son of God that He is.

For that would be tantamount to just acknowledging Him as the Son of man but not the Son of God.

For Jesus was more than a witness, prophet, messenger, servant of God, because He was the Son of God, and God in the flesh and human form, and the Christ!

That's why after He had asked His disciples what men said about Him, He deliberately asked His disciples "who do you say I am"?(Matthew 16:15-19) because it mattered most what His disciples and those of His church said about Him.

For if you go through the passage you'd see that the people called Him different things like those you have said here that Jesus is, but not what those of His church and disciples ought to call Him which is that He is the Son of God, and the Christ, for it was only after He was called that by His disciples, that He talked about building His church upon that rock and so on because that is an essential basis to be a part of His church and His disciple.

Moreover what Jesus said in Acts 1:8 was not an aberration for He has severally tied the witnessing of His church and His disciples to Himself and His name sake(Matthew 5:11, 10:18, 22, 39, 14:39, 16:25, 19:29, John 15:21) because it was the Will Of God that it be so.

So it was a very deliberate act because His disciples and the church ought to be Jesus witnesses, for hence is God glorified in Him.

Janosky:

#### (jesusjnr is NOT in agreement with Jehovah's message, else no need for this your pointless ,flawed post .).
** Jesus is a faithful witness for his Father (Rev 3:14), Jesus a Jehovah's witness.

Completely debunked!

For I am in absolute consonance with Jesus' message, for Jesus was more than a Jehovah witness, for He was the Son of God and the Christ, and any one who thinks that they can be a part of His church and His disciple without according Him the respect due Him by virtue of the price He paid on the cross, should keep dreaming for it is impossible, for the Father must hence be glorified in the Son.
Janosky:

Jehovah decreed His servants are His witnesses, in other words, " Jehovah's witnesses". Isaiah 43:10-13.
Confirmation that Jesus is a Jehovah's witness (Acts3:13.)
If you don't believe in Jehovah's words (Isaiah 43:10-13. John17:17) ,your claims that you believe in Jesus is mere fiction (John 12:44,45).

All the Jehovah witnesses before the coming of Jesus were not a part of His church or His disciples that's why they desired to hear what the disciples heard, and see what the disciples saw, for it was an upgrade of what they had, for Jesus brought something greater than whatever they had(Matthew 13:16-17).

And all Jehovah witnesses after the coming of Jesus are not a part of His church or His disciples, for anyone that negates the authority and Lordship of Jesus over His church is working contrary to the Will of God, for it's the Will of God for God to be glorified in Jesus via His church.

Therefore it ought to be "Jesus Witnesses" and not "Jehovah Witnesses" for thereby is the Father glorified in the Son.

Janosky:

Jesus preached the good news of God's kingdom, Mark 1:14,15.
** Jesus commands his disciples to preach the good news of his Father's kingdom (Mark 13:10, Matt 24:14).

Before the coming of Jesus did you ever heard of the gospel of the Kingdom of God?

It was Jesus that brought the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, and if you could possibly comprehend this, Jesus Himself is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, for He is the Word of God that was made flesh(John 1:1-5, 14)

So if you think you can push the Gospel of God Kingdom, that came from heaven became flesh and died on the cross for man's sins, aside, you would tell us how you expect to get to God who is in heaven.
Janosky:

By faith , God fearing men of old, witnessed for Jehovah. Hebrews 11:1-39. 12:1,2.

Already addressed this, for they were neither part of Jesus' church nor His disciples, and what they had was lesser than what the Jesus Witnesses had, so it's understandable that they were only "Jehovah Witnesses" and not "Jesus Witnesses".
Janosky:

Jesus is our Master we look up to. Heb12:2.
Can you explain this statement because it gives the impression that you JWs are a confused lot, for how can Jesus be your Master when you don't keep His Word and are answering Jehovah witnesses instead of Jesus Witnesses as He commanded His disciples to be?
Janosky:

Jesus the servant is not the owner of the message he was sent to preach. John7:16. 4:34.

The bolded can only emanate from someone who does not belong to His church or is not His disciple, for it smacks of rebellion, lies, and Ignorance of the Truth.

Moreover there's no single instance in the whole of the Bible where Jesus was called a servant of God, not once for even when God spoke concerning Him, He addressed Him as "My beloved Son" so it's obvious where you're coming from is the highly flawed JW doctrine which you observe.

Janosky:

Jesus is a Jehovah's witness, every disciple must be a Jehovah's witness Or you're a lying Pharisee (Matt 5:20)
That's the gospel truth.

No that's a lie from the highly flawed gospel of the Jehovah Witnesses, for in Truth you sound like the lying and hypocritical Pharisees who opposed Jesus and picked up stones to throw at His for calling God His Father, and posing Himself as more than the Jehovah Witnesses which their forefathers were.

Jesus is the Son of God, the Word of God, The Truth, the Way, and the Life, the Christ, etc., and far more than a Jehovah Witness, and any Jesus witness is greater than any Jehovah witness(Matthew 11:11-13).

Janosky:

** NB
You may come to NL and claim that JWs said stuff in the past that never came true.
Is that worse than apostle Peter who korokoro denied Jesus his Master before the crowd?
A ridiculous attempt to compare a Jesus witness, who said Jesus was as the Son of God and the Christ, to a Jehovah witness, for the least "Jesus witness" is greater than the greatest "Jehovah witness"! wink

Luke 7:28 (KJV)

For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Just listen to your self ?

God suddenly changed and yet u are Jehovah's witnesses from Adam till date

When did the sudden change occur and how did it occur ?
OK, so you've waken from you slumber! cheesy
Why not continue dancing around with your friends because i said GOD SUDDENLY CHANGED the group name of his faithful servants so that unbelievers were lost in thoughts regarding the SUDDEN CHANGE!

I wonder why you people call yourselves Christians, surely YOU'VE brought a CURSE on that group name, though JEHOVAH never called his servants by that name it was given them by unbelievers in Antioch!
Whenever you hear anything strange, as a TRUE Christian you should be FAST in listening and SLOW in response! James 1:19

God changed so many things to confuse Satan and his agents!
It's because most of you only read the Bible NOT study the attitude of the Author!
I never said his personality changed but that he always change some settings to fit in perfectly into his own plans, his plans will NEVER change but most times he do rearrange some settings to confuse Satan and his agents! Jeremiah 31:31-34
So if you don't understand something new, try to investigate THOROUGHLY in order not to start fighting a wrong course! Act 22:1-5
God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:

This was Jesus instruction to His disciples and church, and He said that they shall be His witnesses in all parts of the Earth.

So if that is flawed and twisted to you then you do not belong to His church and are not His disciple and hence cannot claim any right to the benefit of the greater covenant made possible by virtue of His shed blood.
To reduce Jesus to the status of just a messenger or servant of God is Judaical or Islamic and the level of the Abrahamic covenant with God, for that was what part of the issues that Jesus had with the disciples of Moses and Jews of His day, and also the issue that Islam has with His church, for they don't have problem with Jesus being regarded as just a messenger or servant or prophet of God, but when He is observed to be more than that as the Son of God etc., for that is when it becomes a serious issue to them.

Hence I ask you and your fellow JWs again, where do you really stand, are you part of His church or not because you cannot claim to be Jesus disciples and a part of His church and yet be acting as Judaists or Islamists by not recognizing the Lordship and authority of Jesus as the Son of God that He is.

For that would be tantamount to just acknowledging Him as the Son of man but not the Son of God.

For Jesus was more than a witness, prophet, messenger, servant of God, because He was the Son of God, and God in the flesh and human form, and the Christ!

That's why after He had asked His disciples what men said about Him, He deliberately asked His disciples "who do you say I am"?(Matthew 16:15-19) because it mattered most what His disciples and those of His church said about Him.

For if you go through the passage you'd see that the people called Him different things like those you have said here that Jesus is, but not what those of His church and disciples ought to call Him which is that He is the Son of God, and the Christ, for it was only after He was called that by His disciples, that He talked about building His church upon that rock and so on because that is an essential basis to be a part of His church and His disciple.

Moreover what Jesus said in Acts 1:8 was not an aberration for He has severally tied the witnessing of His church and His disciples to Himself and His name sake(Matthew 5:11, 10:18, 22, 39, 14:39, 16:25, 19:29, John 15:21) because it was the Will Of God that it be so.

So it was a very deliberate act because His disciples and the church ought to be Jesus witnesses, for hence is God glorified in Him.

Completely debunked!

For I am in absolute consonance with Jesus' message, for Jesus was more than a Jehovah witness, for He was the Son of God and the Christ, and any one who thinks that they can be a part of His church and His disciple without according Him the respect due Him by virtue of the price He paid on the cross, should keep dreaming for it is impossible, for the Father must hence be glorified in the Son.
All the Jehovah witnesses before the coming of Jesus were not a part of His church or His disciples that's why they desired to hear what the disciples heard, and see what the disciples saw, for it was an upgrade of what they had, for Jesus brought something greater than whatever they had(Matthew 13:16-17).

And all Jehovah witnesses after the coming of Jesus are not a part of His church or His disciples, for anyone that negates the authority and Lordship of Jesus over His church is working contrary to the Will of God, for it's the Will of God for God to be glorified in Jesus via His church.

Therefore it ought to be "Jesus Witnesses" and not "Jehovah Witnesses" for thereby is the Father glorified in the Son.

Before the coming of Jesus did you ever heard of the gospel of the Kingdom of God?

It was Jesus that brought the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, and if you could possibly comprehend this, Jesus Himself is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, for He is the Word of God that was made flesh(John 1:1-5, 14)

So if you think you can push the Gospel of God Kingdom, that came from heaven became flesh and died on the cross for man's sins, aside, you would tell us how you expect to get to God who is in heaven. Already addressed this, for they were neither part of Jesus' church nor His disciples, and what they had was lesser than what the Jesus Witnesses had, so it's understandable that they were only "Jehovah Witnesses" and not "Jesus Witnesses". Can you explain this statement because it gives the impression that you JWs are a confused lot, for how can Jesus be your Master when you don't keep His Word and are answering Jehovah witnesses instead of Jesus Witnesses as He commanded His disciples to be?
The bolded can only emanate from someone who does not belong to His church or is not His disciple, for it smacks of rebellion, lies, and Ignorance of the Truth.

Moreover there's no single instance in the whole of the Bible where Jesus was called a servant of God, not once for even when God spoke concerning Him, He addressed Him as "My beloved Son" so it's obvious where you're coming from is the highly flawed JW doctrine which you observe.

No that's a lie from the highly flawed gospel of the Jehovah Witnesses, for in Truth you sound like the lying and hypocritical Pharisees who opposed Jesus and picked up stones to throw at His for calling God His Father, and posing Himself as more than the Jehovah Witnesses which their forefathers were.

Jesus is the Son of God, the Word of God, The Truth, the Way, and the Life, the Christ, etc., and far more than a Jehovah Witness, and any Jesus witness is greater than any Jehovah witness(Matthew 11:11-13).

A ridiculous attempt to compare a Jesus witness, who said Jesus was as the Son of God and the Christ, to a Jehovah witness, for the least "Jesus witness" is greater than the greatest "Jehovah witness"! wink

For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Wow! That's a lengthy one you got there! shocked

But why not work on the PRACTICAL APPLICATION so that observers could SEE from the WORKS of your FAITH and start planning how to EMULATE your type of FAITH? cheesy

Please it is evident that you've gotten some kind of FAITH, otherwise you couldn't have brought out all those lengthy talks from nowhere and sincerely speaking it's no crime,but know today that your FAITH without WORKS to show for it is DEAD! James 2:18-26

That is why you yourself could conscientiously say 'The Church is DEAD' and 'let us try to EMULATE Jehovah's Witnesses' whose FAITH is obviously WORKING out what is VIRTUOUS! 1Peter 2:12
God bless you! wink

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 14, 2019
Jozzy4:

Jesus is talking about the work his disciples will do, Concerning the work of witnessing about Jesus, We do that !!!

We don't rubbish Christ ransom sacrifice like some people do who claim humans have immortal soul, abeg, How can Jesus give everlasting life to already immortal beings ?

If you fall in this category, u should be ashamed of yourself for opening this thread.

Instead we emphasise the role of Christ in Gods purposes very well .

Jesus came in the Name of the Father , didn't he ?

Sense is needed here , remember Jesus himself is a Jehovahs witness ( Isa 43:10)

John 5:43 " I have come in my Fathers name "

Jesus came in the Name of his Father , everything he said was as Told by the Father in whose name he comes, why are you so angered we recognize The Father ?

Now back to the issue, if you witness for Christ, answer my Question in Red . OR ELSE you will discover you are fighting as an enemy of Christ .

I am waiting.
They thought FAITH is just when someone wakes up from a nightmare and start telling his neighbours gibberish based on his encounter in the dream! cheesy
When we knock on their doors to come out and study the Bible to acquire knowledge they will say 'i just dey com from Church' or 'i dey busy'
Now that those who gave out time to study God's words are talking, ignorant and lazy churchgoers are also coming out to say what they never cared for in the first place! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:

8 But ye shall ureceive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Completely debunked!

So if you think you can push the Gospel of God Kingdom, that came from heaven became flesh and died on the cross for man's sins, aside, you would tell us how you expect to get to God who is in heaven. Already addressed this, for they were neither part of Jesus' church nor His disciples, and what they had was lesser than what the Jesus Witnesses had, so it's understandable that they were only "Jehovah Witnesses" and not "Jesus Witnesses". Can you explain this statement because it gives the impression that you JWs are a confused lot, for how can Jesus be your Master when you don't keep His Word and are answering Jehovah witnesses instead of Jesus Witnesses as He commanded His disciples to be?

Moreover there's no single instance in the whole of the Bible where Jesus was called a servant of God, not once
for even when God spoke concerning Him, He addressed Him as "My beloved Son" so it's obvious where you're coming from is the highly flawed JW doctrine which you observe.

Your entire write up keep saying Jesus should be recognized as Son of God and Christ, And in your corrupted mind , Jehovah's witnesses do not believe Jesus is Son of God and Christ ? ? ? ?

In fact they believe so, much more than you do ...
You don't even know that you are an enemy of this same Christ if you rubbish the sacrifice he came to earth to do . . My question to you remain : How can Jesus give everlasting life to already immortal beings ?

@ Green, BiG LIE ... Act 3:13

" The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified HIS SERVANT , JESUS " - ESV

This questions your stand on this thread , throwing lies up and down

2 Likes

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 7:35am On Jun 14, 2019
Janosky:

** (1) Jesus and his disciples were witnesses for Jehovah. Luke 8:1. Matt9:34-36, so it was for this reason Jesus instructed them to beg the "Master of the harvest",his Father ,"to send out more workers" .
Jesus preached the good news of God's kingdom, "witnessing for his Father ,Jehovah (Mark1:14,15.) He commanded his disciples to preach the good news of God's kingdom (Matt24:14), proof you must witness for Jehovah as Jesus did.

2) Jesus is Jehovah's servant ,Acts3:13. Jehovah said his servants are Jehovah's witnesses (Isaiah 43:10-13).
"What I teach is not mine, says Jesus. (John7:16. John15:15). His disciples knew that they were witnesses of Jehovah (they were much more than witnesses for Jesus, Acts1:cool because Jesus is in agreement with his Father's message ( John12:44,45,49,50).
For instance , if I work for MTN and MTN gave me order to recruit you to work alongside me , are you an employee of MTN too?

***3) The good news of God's kingdom is not limited to John3:16, it's so much more than that.... (ask JWs in your neighborhood to explain from the Bible what it is intoto).

we JWs love the only true God Jehovah, we are proudly JWs and cocksure of our faith in Jehovah and what we believe... no apologies.... Abeg ,take am like that.. no one can please everybody.
Peace.....
I can see you're a cunning serpent , u are here to please your master not God. Pls continue to preach your denomination while painting others black.

But let me ask u, what is the gospel ?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 14, 2019
Jozzy4:

Your entire write up keep saying Jesus should be recognized as Son of God and Christ, And in your corrupted mind , Jehovah's witnesses do not believe Jesus is Son of God and Christ ? ? ? ?

In fact they believe so, much more than you do ...
You don't even know that you are an enemy of this same Christ if you rubbish the sacrifice he came to earth to do . . My question to you remain : How can Jesus give everlasting life to already immortal beings ?

@ Green, BiG LIE ... Act 3:13

" The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified HIS SERVANT , JESUS " - ESV

This questions your stand on this thread , throwing lies up and down
Herein(The bolded) lies the difference between a Jehovah witness and a Jesus Witness in a nut shell:

Act 3:13 Jehovah witnesses version

Acts 3:13 (KJV) Jesus witnesses version

"The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus - KJV

The flaws and lies of Jehovah Witnesses are being exposed more and more by their futile attempt to reduce Jesus the "Son of God" to a servant of God, despite them coming in the guise of Jesus disciples with the deception that they believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ, for if so then why deliberately mistranslate Peter's calling Jesus "the Son of God" to mean "servant of God?

For this saying concerning Jesus emanated from a Jesus witness called Peter and not a Jehovah witness, and to confirm what Peter actually called Jesus, it could be verified by what Peter called Jesus prior His death and resurrection, which "the Son of God and the Christ", that made Jesus say that "flesh and blood has revealed that to him but the Spirit of His Father in heaven"!(Matthew 16:16-19)

So a Jesus witness as Peter would never call Jesus the only begotten Son of God whom God Himself called His beloved Son, God's servant, for that lie could only come out from the mouth of the ignorant such as the Jehovah witnesses.

So Jossy4, nice try, but that Jehovah witnesses lie has been brutally debunked, so try another let's see if it would see the light of day. grin
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Janosky:

Peace.....
Jesus and His disciples were witnesses to Jehovah ? fine !!!

What was their witness ?

Read these before answering !!!

Acts 1:7-8 KJV
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto "me" both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Luke 24:45-47 KJV
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Vs 47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his ''name'' among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Pls which name is He referring to here , Jehovah or Jesus ?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Jesus and His disciples were witnesses to Jehovah ? fine !!!

What was their witness ?

Read these before answering !!!

Acts 1:7-8 KJV
And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto "me" both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Vs 47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his ''name'' among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Pls which name is He referring to here , Jehovah or Jesus ?
I see where the friction is coming from!

Please note that the Jews believe they're Jehovah's Witnesses according to Isaiah 43:10-12, but they can't explain why there is continuous disagreement between them on doctrines. When Jesus came to teach them the WAY to do things right, they were fighting each for his own denomination of Judaism instead of listening to what this wonderful counselor is saying!

So we are to Witness for Jehovah but IN LINE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON! Matthew 17:5
That was what confused the Jews back then, they thought Jesus has come to establish his own personal ideas NOT what God said! John 8:13
That is why Jesus keep saying he has come from the same person to whom they want to bear witness {John 8:42} therefore they can't have divine approval if they refuse to follow his teachings! John 14:6

Jehovah's Witnesses are bearing witness to Jehovah but in accord with the teachings of his only begotten son!
That is why all other religions claiming Christians can't flourish in the fruit of the spirit like the JWs, because they're all teaching according to human tradition NOT what Jesus laid down! You will notice that JWs keep making amendments to perfectly match the teachings of Christ and others are saying 'these people aren't stable with their teachings' whereas each one of them is trying to maintain the teachings of their human founders!
JWs have made lots of amendments that has made the organizational directions and doctrinal matters totally different from what people like Charles Taze Russel{who was thought to be the founder} laid down! And this is because JWs takes Russel as a Bible student therefore in the course of studying the scriptures there is bound to be improvements both in thoughts, words and activities. This is why all other groups have remained stagnant!

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 10:11am On Jun 14, 2019
Maximus69:
I see where the friction is coming from!

Please note that the Jews believe they're Jehovah's Witnesses according to Isaiah 43:10-12, but they can't explain why there is continuous disagreement between them on doctrines. When Jesus came to teach them the WAY to do things right, they were fighting each for his own denomination of Judaism instead of listening to what this wonderful counselor is saying!

So we are to Witness for Jehovah but IN LINE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON! Matthew 17:5
That was what confused the Jews back then, they thought Jesus has come to establish his own personal ideas NOT what God said! John 8:13
That is why Jesus keep saying he has come from the same person to whom they want to bear witness {John 8:42} therefore they can't have divine approval if they refuse to follow his teachings! John 14:6

Jehovah's Witnesses are bearing witness to Jehovah but in accord with the teachings of his only begotten son!
That is why all other religions claiming Christians can't flourish in the fruit of the spirit like the JWs, because they're all teaching according to human tradition NOT what Jesus laid down! You will notice that JWs keep making amendments to perfectly match the teachings of Christ and others are saying 'these people aren't stable with their teachings' whereas each one of them is trying to maintain the teachings of their human founders!
JWs have made lots of amendments that has made the organizational directions and doctrinal matters totally different from what people like Charles Taze Russel{who was thought to be the founder} laid down! And this is because JWs takes Russel as a Bible student therefore in the course of studying the scriptures there is bound to be improvements both in thoughts, words and activities. This is why all other groups have remained stagnant!
Maximus69, I asked u a simple question, all u did was to write this long epistle. Why ? why and why are u avoiding the name of Jesus like a plague

Now here's the question again, just answer me in one word !!!

Pls in whose name should the repentance and remission of sin be preached according to the scriptures below, JEHOVAH or JESUS ? pls no long epistle, just give me straight answer btw the two names. Thanks !

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

[47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Maximus69, I asked u a simple question, all u did was to write this long epistle. Why ? why and why are u avoiding the name of Jesus like a plague

Pls in whose name should the repentance and remission of sin be preached according to the scriptures below, JEHOVAH or JESUS ? pls no long epistle, just give me straight answer btw the two names. Thanks !

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, [46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

[47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

I'm so loving the bolded cheesy
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:

Oh i'm sorry Sir, please pardon my long epistle. I wish to explain further forgetting that you demanded a short answer!

Answer: 'JEHOVAH'

The name Jesus comes in because he is the one that's teaching us how to bear thorough witness to his father's name! Matthew 6:9, John 17:26

God bless you Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
I'm so loving the bolded cheesy
You haven't answered my question, according to these scriptures, in whose name should the repentance and remission of sin be preached ,.

In whose name JEHOVAH or JESUS ?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Jesus' name is vital because there is no way anyone can bear a thorough witness to JEHOVAH'S name without first learning how to do so from his only begotten son JESUS!

So unlike unbelievers who just wish to use Jesus name for all sorts of magical acts and quick solution to life's problems, true believers ONLY put faith in his TEACHINGS and acting in line with it!
Martha believed in Jesus' teaching of resurrection in the last days NOT quick solution to death {John 11:24} but Jesus performed a miracle that day to help the people know the person to whom all his miracles, preaching and teaching is bearing witness 'JEHOVAH'! John 11:41-42 smiley

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
You haven't answered my question, according to these scriptures, in whose name should the repentance and remission of sin be preached ,.

In whose name JEHOVAH or JESUS ?
Lol! cheesy

It seems you made a mistake here for my answer to your question is unquestionably the bolded.

Anything contrary to that with respect to His church and disciples is not of God but of men.

For anyone who goes contrary to the teachings and instructions of Jesus as such is not a true Jesus disciple.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol! cheesy

It seems you made a mistake here for my answer to your question is unquestionably the bolded.

Anything contrary to that with respect to His church and disciples is not of God but of men.

For anyone who goes contrary to the teachings and instructions of Jesus as such is not a true Jesus disciple.
On the contrary Sir, your friend is now confused just as you and other churchgoers who gives Jesus lip~praise but failed woefully to produce the fruit of the spirit! Isaiah 29:13, Matthew 15:7-9

My short answer with scriptural quotations must have thrown him off balance so he is now battling really hard to refute my response with counter quotations!

Now he can see that Jesus has someone to whom he bore witness {1Corinthians 15:27-28} and not only that, he taught his followers that JEHOVAH is his Father and God for both himself{Jesus} all other faithful ones! John 20:17wink

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Maximus69:
Oh i'm sorry Sir, please pardon my long epistle. I wish to explain further forgetting that you demanded a short answer!

Asnwer: 'JEHOVAH'

The name Jesus comes in because he is the one that's teaching us how to bear thorough witness to his father! Matthew 6:9, John 17:26

God bless you Sir! smiley
Jehovah ?

Maximus, why are u twisting God's word to suit your own purpose ? undecided

Where did u see Jehovah there, why are u trying so hard to deny the obvious ?

Jesus says repentance and remission of sin would be preached in His ''own''name and so did the apostles .

Besides, I believe in the holy name of the Almighty Father as revealed to Moses, YHWH from which we have this derivation "Jehovah,'' but mind u, Jesus never told us to preach repentance and remission of sin in His Father's name but he's, which means ''God is my salvation''. Neither the apostles nor any other early Christians preach in any other name than the Son of God's name.

Acts 10:42-43 KJV
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. [43] To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission u of sins.

Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV
But what saith it? The word is nigh e thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; [9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Maximus , do u even realise that this name Jehovah is a derivation of the four Hebrew letters YHWH , which we are not even sure how it was pronounced early on by the Hebrews?

Why are u trying to Insert Jehovah where it's not mentioned ? why ?
Even Jesus called His Father EL or Eloi ( anyway, that's Aramaic ) mark 15:34.

Therefore, are u now suggesting that where Jesus name is mentioned, it should be substituted with His father's name, bcs the passage i quoted does not imply Jehovah's but Jesus's ?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol! cheesy

What mistake sir ?

Bcs definitely Jesus was talking about His own name not His Father's.

Read again from vs 44,

Luke 24:44-47 KJV
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
[45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
[46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
What mistake sir ?

Bcs definitely Jesus was talking about His own name not His Father's.

Read again from vs 44,

Luke 24:44-47 KJV
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
[45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
[46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
i think you're mistaking me for someone else for i'm a Jesus witness and I opened this thread.

So I was saying i agree with the bolded which is in Jesus name.

Thanks.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Jehovah ?

Maximus, why are u twisting God's word to suit your own purpose ? undecided

Where did u see Jehovah there, why are u trying so hard to deny the obvious ?

Jesus says repentance and remission of sin would be preached in His ''own''name and so did the apostles .

Besides, I believe in the holy name of the Almighty Father as revealed to Moses, YHWH from which we have this derivation "Jehovah,'' but mind u, Jesus never told us to preach repentance and remission of sin in His Father's name but he's, which means ''God is my salvation''. Neither the apostles nor any other early Christians preach in any other name than the Son of God's name.

Acts 10:42-43 KJV
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. [43] To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission u of sins.

Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV
But what saith it? The word is nigh e thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; [9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Maximus , do u even realise that this name Jehovah is a derivation of the four Hebrew letters YHWH , which we are not even sure how it was pronounced early on by the Hebrews?

Why are u trying to Insert Jehovah where it's not mentioned ? why ?
Even Jesus called His Father EL or Eloi ( anyway, that's Aramaic ) mark 15:34.

Therefore, are u now suggesting that where Jesus name is mentioned, it should be substituted with His father's name, bcs the passage i quoted does not imply Jehovah's but Jesus's ?

OK, it's now your turn to put up an epistle right? cheesy

Well, you demanded for a word and i answered in one word, but i'm sure i've made myself clear before sincere and honest hearted followers.
So if you feel my answer is wrong, that's no problem Sir. All you need to do now is put what you're teaching to practice in order for interested individuals to EMULATE virtuous deeds from the teaching, activities and lifestyles of those Witnessing for Jesus name! cheesy

Meanwhile we are Jehovah's Witnesses and our teachings, activities and lifestyles is speaking volume for the one to whom we are Witnessing! 1Peter 2:12, 3:15

Thank you Sir,God bless you! wink

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
i think you're mistaking me for someone else for i'm a Jesus witness and I opened this thread.

Thanks.
FIRST OF ALL~ INTRODUCTION! {Olamide} cheesy
You're right Sir,
Samunique needed to know that you owns the thread, and that you're a member of the DEAD Church of Jesus' Witnesses, who can SEE virtuous things within the Jehovah's Witnesses.

And not only that but you also implore all other members of your DEAD Church to EMULATE the Jehovah's Witnesses who are worshipers of a living and working God!

Oh NO! sorry, i missed it!
You said all the Churches {including the Churches of Jehovah's Witnesses} are DEAD, but the DEAD Churches can still pick few things from one of them {that is also DEAD like themselves} in other to get revived!

Yes, i got it correctly this time!

Won't you give me a hi five? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
Maximus69:
They're agitating in agony since they can't accept the truth! cheesy

You're 100% right buda, Satan actually attempted polluting Jesus! Luke 4:2-13
These are atheists in disguise claiming Christians, so even if you show them in black and white they will still come back to tell you Jesus never came in the flesh!
Whereas what made it possible for Satan to overthrow any of his victims is their fleshly desires.
Since Jesus has returned in the spirit as a king, he has been monitoring his group so that Satan can't overthrow it anymore the way he did in the second century replacing it with the Pagan Roman worship called Catholic Church! wink
so in the 2nd century the Devil replaced the true church with the Catholic Church?

How come the Christians didn't know or notice this because the same people who were Christians in the 1st century were the same people in the 2nd century, in fact more Christians were killed in the second and third centuries for their faith....

They all were blind that the devil had taken over the church?

If the devil really took over that means Jesus is a liar because he promised to be with the church till the end of the ages and promised that the gates of Hades will never prevail against her....
I am surprise you believe that Hades prevailed in the 2nd century.

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:

Thanks.
Oh I'm story sir !

Thanks for this wonderful thread , it has really exposed the hypocrisy and the ati-christ- nature- aspect of the JW members. In fact, Maximus69 has been a very good instrument (most especially on this particular thread ) that has cleared my doubt about how anti-Jesus JWs are, when he said ''GOD SUDDENLY CHANGED'' the name of His servants bcs the so called Jesus witnesses are false quoting Isaiah 65:15 out of context.

He further confirmed my fear about them by trying always to eliminate the Son from the scene each time Jesus refers to Himself and not His Father just for manipulation.

I've been listening to JWs since 80s I think it's now that they are trying to agree a little bit with anything Jesus ( so don't be surprised ) forgetting this testimony of John.............. that, ''He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. john 3:33.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36.

Jesus says no one comes to the Father but by me, but JWs say those who witness to this are false. Which means by implication that, Peter was false , Paul was false, so were the rest of the apostles and the early Christians bcs, they all preached and performed miracles in Jesus name. Acts 3:1-16, 16:30-33.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ubenedictus:
so in the 2nd century the Devil replaced the true church with the Catholic Church?

How come the Christians didn't know or notice this because the same people who were Christians in the 1st century were the same people in the 2nd century, in fact more Christians were killed in the second and third centuries for their faith....

They all were blind that the devil had taken over the church?

If the devil really took over that means Jesus is a liar because he promised to be with the church till the end of the ages and promised that the gates of Hades will never prevail against her....
I am surprise you believe that Hades prevailed in the 2nd century.
grin

Leave Maximus69 pls, it appears now that he's just trying to survive on this thread, he shut himself at the foot right from the beginning , so he's getting suffocated cheesy he's looking for the way out, hence all the thrash he's been put out here. grin
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by achorladey: 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Perhaps this will bring some fun into the whole of this..

God himself has decided to WITNESS, and what did God had to say?

Read along the conversation below...........

God at the door: Ko ko ko

Householder: Yes! Who is at my door?

God: God! And I have good news for you .

Householder: Wow. My ears are all set to listen.

God: Do you have a Bible there?

Householder: Yes I do!

God: Good! Read along with me the book of 1 John 5: 9-12.

I read............

If we accept the WITNESS of MEN, the WITNESS of GOD is GREATER. Because this is the WITNESS GOD GIVES, the WITNESS that he has given about his SON.

10 The person putting his faith in the Son of God has the WITNESS within HIMSELF. The person not having faith in God has made him a liar, because he has not put his faith in the WITNESS given by God CONCERNING his SON.

11 And this is the WITNESS, that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son.

12 The one who has the Son has this life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this life.

Householder: Hmmmm! You must be one of Jesus' witnesses. Is this correct?

God: Well, how will the answer to your question be from the scriptures I have just read? and which company do you(householder) belong?
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Jozzy4: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Herein(The bolded) lies the difference between a Jehovah witness and a Jesus Witness in a nut shell:

Act 3:13 Jehovah witnesses version

Acts 3:13 (KJV) Jesus witnesses version

"The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus - KJV

The flaws and lies of Jehovah Witnesses are being exposed more and more by their futile attempt to reduce Jesus the "Son of God" to a servant of God, despite them coming in the guise of Jesus disciples with the deception that they believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ, for if so then why deliberately mistranslate Peter's calling Jesus "the Son of God" to mean "servant of God?

For this saying concerning Jesus emanated from a Jesus witness called Peter and not a Jehovah witness, and to confirm what Peter actually called Jesus, it could be verified by what Peter called Jesus prior His death and resurrection, which "the Son of God and the Christ", that made Jesus say that "flesh and blood has revealed that to him but the Spirit of His Father in heaven"!(Matthew 16:16-19)

So a Jesus witness as Peter would never call Jesus the only begotten Son of God whom God Himself called His beloved Son, God's servant, for that lie could only come out from the mouth of the ignorant such as the Jehovah witnesses.

So Jossy4, nice try, but that Jehovah witnesses lie has been brutally debunked, so try another let's see if it would see the light of day. grin

Jesusjnr, so your knowledge is this shallow ? Pathetic.

The Greek word pais means servant . or a child [young child ]

Is Jesus a young child when glorified ?

Strong's Concordance
pais: a child, boy, youth
Original Word: παῖς, παιδός, ὁ, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: pais
Phonetic Spelling: (paheece)
Definition: a child, boy, youth
Usage: (a) a male child, boy, (b) a male slave, servant; thus: a servant of God, especially as a title of the Messiah, (c) a female child, girl.
Receive sense.

The King James version you relied on Actually translated that same Greek word as SERVANT for David at Act 4:25 , Why the HYPOCRISY ?

====

Your point can only stand if you admit KJV erred at Act 4:25

Back to the topic.

If you witness for Jesus, Explain to me how Jesus can give everlasting life to Already IMMORTAL SOULS ?

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
Oh I'm story sir !

Thanks for this wonderful thread , it has really exposed the hypocrisy and the ati-christ- nature- aspect of the JW members. In fact, Maximus69 has been a very good instrument (most especially on this particular thread ) that has cleared my doubt about how anti-Jesus JWs are, when he said ''GOD SUDDENLY CHANGED'' the name of His servants bcs the so called Jesus witnesses are false quoting Isaiah 65:15 out of context.

He further confirmed my fear about them by trying always to eliminate the Son from the scene each time Jesus refers to Himself and not His Father just for manipulation.

I've been listening to JWs since 80s I think it's now that they are trying to agree a little bit with anything Jesus ( so don't be surprised ) forgetting this testimony of John.............. that, ''He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. john 3:33.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36.

Jesus says no one comes to the Father but by me, but JWs say those who witness to this are false. Which means by implication that, Peter was false , Paul was false, so were the rest of the apostles and the early Christians bcs, they all preached and performed miracles in Jesus name. Acts 3:1-16, 16:30-33.

No probs sir, you're on the right track!

I knew you mistook me for the antichrist Jehovah witnesses who pretend to be Jesus disciples and part of His church but whose hypocrisy has been exposed by the length they go to reduce Jesus from the status of the Son of God that God Himself called Him, He called Himself and also all His true disciples know Him to be, to that of a servant of God.

You are very correct because I never knew that they were this anti-Christ before this thread for what actually led me to open this thread was the amount of times in this forum they come in the guise of Jesus disciples only to point someone to the one special organization(Jehovah witnesses) instead of Christ.

For i first noticed this strategy from one habitual JW liar called tatime and I thought maybe it was an aberration, but it was when another habitual JW liar called maximus69 came again with this deception and continued with it, that it actually dawned on me that it was actually a Jehovah witnesses witnessing strategy.

And I don't have any problem with them trying to recruit new members into their Jehovah witness organization, even though I opine that their doctrine is highly flawed and filled with lies, but my grouse with them is why come in the name of Jesus first, when in truth it's not Jesus they are trying to witness but their organization?

Hence this thread, but now It has achieved even far more than I ever envisaged, because I now know the extent of their disregard for the person of Jesus, for despite their claims that they regard Jesus as the Son of God and the Christ, their calling Him a servant of God and conscious effort to replace "Son of God" with "servant of God" in their Jehovah witnesses translations and versions of the Bible as one Jossy4 unwittingly exposed here, has unravelled the extent of their deceit and hypocrisy in that respect.

For the truth is that the Jehovah witnesses only regard Jesus as the servant of God but not the Son of God as it ought to be with any true follower of Jesus, and hence their anti-Jesus applications regardless of whatever Jesus said or instructed as you've observed, for to a Jehovah witness the highly flawed doctrine of the Jehovah witnesses supersedes the doctrine and instructions of Jesus the Son of God.

But sadly for them, if they don't repent and turn away from their deceit, as long as the Jesus witnesses remain on Earth, they would keep exposing the hypocrisy and deceit of the Jehovah witnesses.

Thanks bro and God bless.
Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jozzy4:

Jesusjnr, so your knowledge is this shallow ? Pathetic.

The Greek word pais means servant . or a child [young child ]

Is Jesus a young child when glorified ?

Strong's Concordance
pais: a child, boy, youth
Original Word: παῖς, παιδός, ὁ, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: pais
Phonetic Spelling: (paheece)
Definition: a child, boy, youth
Usage: (a) a male child, boy, (b) a male slave, servant; thus: a servant of God, especially as a title of the Messiah, (c) a female child, girl.
Receive sense.

The King James version you relied on Actually translated that same Greek word as SERVANT for David at Act 4:25 , Why the HYPOCRISY ?

====

Your point can only stand if you admit KJV erred at Act 4:25

Back to the topic.

If you witness for Jesus, Explain to me how Jesus can give everlasting life to Already IMMORTAL SOULS ?
Why won't it be shallow to a member of the Jehovah witness whose have shown themselves to be anti-Jesus and would go to any length and lie to reduce Jesus from the Son of God that He was to a servant of God that He wasn't?

For the same Peter who said Jesus was the Son of God even before Jesus resurrected and proved Himself so, and all His disciples who shared his view would be shallow to you.

Jesus Himself who said He was the Son of God would be shallow to you.

Even God who said who said that Jesus was His beloved Son in whom He was well pleased would be shallow to you despite your delusion that you are His witnesses.

For the only ones that won't be shallow to you are members of Jehovah witnesses who would say that Jesus is what God never called Him, even a servant of God.

So i'm actually highly honored to be shallow to your anti-Jesus "Jehovah Witness" self.

And don't worry i won't want you to engage you further with "my shallowness" according to you, concerning any other point, so let's leave it at the level of Jesus was never a "servant of God" but always the Son of God, and any attempt by all anti-Jesus Jehovah witnesses combined to change or alter that truth would be dead on arrival as has been proven thus far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
Samunique:
grin

Leave Maximus69 pls, it appears now that he's just trying to survive on this thread, he shut himself at the foot right from the beginning , so he's getting suffocated cheesy he's looking for the way out, hence all the thrash he's been put out here. grin
Yes!

We speaks thrash as long as you are not able to practice what we're teaching, yet we're putting it to work in our midst!

But what baffles me is that the ones you're also teaching is not even found applicable anywhere?

So what's wrong with your own teachings Sir? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? by Samunique(m): 11:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
No probs sir, you're on the right track!

I knew you mistook me for the antichrist Jehovah witnesses who pretend to be Jesus disciples and part of His church but whose hypocrisy has been exposed by the length they go to reduce Jesus from the status of the Son of God that God Himself called Him, He called Himself and also all His true disciples know Him to be, to that of a servant of God.

You are very correct because I never knew that they were this anti-Christ before this thread for what actually led me to open this thread was the amount of times in this forum they come in the guise of Jesus disciples only to point someone to the one special organization(Jehovah witnesses) instead of Christ.

For i first noticed this strategy from one habitual JW liar called tatime and I thought maybe it was an aberration, but it was when another habitual JW liar called maximus69 came again with this deception and continued with it, that it actually dawned on me that it was actually a Jehovah witnesses witnessing strategy.

And I don't have any problem with them trying to recruit new members into their Jehovah witness organization, even though I opine that their doctrine is highly flawed and filled with lies, but my grouse with them is why come in the name of Jesus first, when in truth it's not Jesus they are trying to witness but their organization?

Hence this thread, but now It has achieved even far more than I ever envisaged, because I now know the extent of their disregard for the person of Jesus, for despite their claims that they regard Jesus as the Son of God and the Christ, their calling Him a servant of God and conscious effort to replace "Son of God" with "servant of God" in their Jehovah witnesses translations and versions of the Bible as one Jossy4 unwittingly exposed here, has unravelled the extent of their deceit and hypocrisy in that respect.

For the truth is that the Jehovah witnesses only regard Jesus as the servant of God but not the Son of God as it ought to be with any true follower of Jesus, and hence their anti-Jesus applications regardless of whatever Jesus said or instructed as you've observed, for to a Jehovah witness the highly flawed doctrine of the Jehovah witnesses supersedes the doctrine and instructions of Jesus the Son of God.

But sadly for them, if they don't repent and turn away from their deceit, as long as the Jesus witnesses remain on Earth, they would keep exposing the hypocrisy and deceit of the Jehovah witnesses.

Thanks bro and God bless.
Thank u , respect sir !!!

You've really nailed it as it is.

I noticed this for a long time that JWs are not witnessing for Christ but their organization, I wasn't convinced until I followed this thread and saw the subtleness by which maximus69 answered all the questions here, manipulating the scriptures, trying hard to eliminate anything Jesus from the discussion.

Comparing this with what I daily experience from this particular group when they discuss with people, I can boldly say I am right.

Just as u said, ( quoting you here )

Hence this thread, but now It has achieved even far more than I ever envisaged, because I now know the extent of their disregard for the person of Jesus, for despite their claims that they regard Jesus as the Son of God and the Christ, their calling Him a servant of God and conscious effort to replace "Son of God" with "servant of God" in their Jehovah witnesses translations and versions of the Bible as one Jossy4 unwittingly exposed here, has unravelled the extent of their deceit and hypocrisy in that respect. ( You couldn't have been more right than this )

THIS IS THE FACE OF JEHOVAH WITNESSES !!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post Your Religious Jokes Here (Let's Unwind) / Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. / Frosbel Let's Discuss Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 270
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.