Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (4992 Views)

NL I Love Her But Can Not Think Of Marriage Because Of Her Tribe. Advice Pls / Keeping Virginity Till Marriage, Does It Still Matter?. / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by MissRaine69(f): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
If so why is it important to you?
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
Well so long as she's not a Tiv or Egbirra no wahala

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by dingbang(m): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sometimes tribe isn't that important to me but what pisses me off is when I visit a state and their locals start misbehaving, it just brings a bad name to the tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2019
The tribe does not matter it should not be a big issue when it comes to choosing a spouse.But I love Yoruba people.
The language, the food and some of them I have come in contact with are good people.
Personally I would love to marry a yoruba man an Omoluabi cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
I'm not fussed tbh, but if I could choose I'd rather he be the same tribe, that way the way we do things will already be familiar across families e.g. food, language, customs etc rather than having to adjust to another. Just makes things easier

This is just me being lazy though

7 Likes

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Altern8(m): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
The tribe does not matter it should not be a big issue when it comes to choosing a spouse.But I love Yoruba people.
The language, the food and some of them I have come in contact with are good people.

Interesting. What’s your tribe if I may ask?
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by donbachi(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
Very important because it makes husband and wife gossip easy.it also makes the children to know more about their tribe and speak their language also...i'm kalabari,my wife also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by tee59(f): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
It matters to me personally. I can't marry from the riverine areas. These people are too wicked and can do anything for money. Also, barrier in communication is not my thing, except English. I can't relate.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Altern8(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
MissRaine69:

Some cultures have the strangest practices. Some may be so shocking as to be offensive. I think you should be aware of what you’re getting into before marrying. Marriage in Nigeria is often between families and not just between husband and wife.

I think it is a very important factor to consider especially if one person is a stickler for tradition and rites.

3 Likes

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Michelle55: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
Nah.. It doesn't really matter TBH.. I love the thrills that comes with the other tribe such as their culture(so long it's not barbaric and offensive), language and especially their food

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
Altern8:

Interesting. What’s your tribe if I may ask?
Igbo smiley
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Yuneehk(f): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
Doesn't matter where love takes me but I'll prefer he's a man from my tribe biko. Makes the whole thing easier for me. Relating with his people(in terms of language) is made easier, food, culture, traditions would be more relatable and adaptable too. If it doesn't , well, it means I'll be having a whole lot to learn

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2019
I don't know

Pansophist does tribe matters? grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pansophist(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
I don't know

Pansophist does tribe matters? grin

Doesnt matter.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
pansophist:

Doesnt matter.
Op you have my opinion on this! It doesn't matter grin

How have you been BABE tongue ?
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
dairykidd:
Well so long as she's not a Tiv or Egbirra no wahala
pls can you tell us why you exclude the two tribes
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Yuneehk:
Doesn't matter where love takes me but I'll prefer he's a man from my tribe biko. Makes the whole thing easier for me. Relating with his people(in terms of language) is made easier, food, culture, traditions would be more relatable and adaptable too. If it doesn't , well, it means I'll be having a whole lot to learn
which tribe are you from
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Favor99(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Yoruba Demon? grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Lucifer1419: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
MissRaine69:
. Can you marry a fulani man that is training cow
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
Na character be d coco not her tribe
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
Yoruba Demon? grin
Yes cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pansophist(m): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
Op you have my opinion on this! It doesn't matter grin

How have you been BABE tongue ?

Practicing for my first half marathon in Budapest. I don train tired. I lean like kpanla grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
MissRaine69:

It's important to our parents, not us. My whole family is on my neck to end my relationship because the lady in question is Yoruba. Isn't that sad?
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Yes cheesy cheesy
Lol, my hands no dey o. Just wear correct armor round that heart. grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
Nor worry grin grin.
I have got that covered. cheesy
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by QueenSekxy(f): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
Yes. Lool.
Can't trade my culture, language for anything.

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
pansophist:

Practicing for my first half marathon in Budapest. I don train tired. I lean like kpanla grin
What is Budapest?

Don't tell me you've lost all those muscles and "Yummy". grin . You that I have plans forcry even twoclans knows about my plans cry cry cry
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pansophist(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
What is Budapest?

Don't tell me you've lost all those muscles and "Yummy". grin . You that I have plans forcry even twoclans knows about my plans cry cry cry

Budapest is the capital of Hungary.

I lean, meaning my body fat percentage is below eight percent. Normally, a little bit of fat is healthy, between 12-15 percent for men. But since I'll be running for 21km within an hour and half, then I must shed fat, to be light and not get tired often.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
ibkayee:
grin
Those guys are romantically devilish, they are my people sha. grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
MariaLavina:
Those guys are romantically devilish, they are my people sha. grin
Lmao @ romantically devilish

You're Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The New Challenge That Ladies Are Now Doing On Twitter. / She Loves Me But I Have Problems With Her Big Stomach.... / So You Think You Are Romantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.