Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (5002 Views)

NL I Love Her But Can Not Think Of Marriage Because Of Her Tribe. Advice Pls / Keeping Virginity Till Marriage, Does It Still Matter?. / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by y3mi(m): 2:10am On Jun 15, 2019
MissRaine69:
If so why is it important to you?
No, simply because true love has no boundary.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by liberalchick(f): 2:26am On Jun 15, 2019
I am not Yoruba but I LOVE Yoruba culture too. I love the food, the people. Yoruba culture is also the most progressive(liberal) of all the cultures in Nigeria and I can speak the language. The only thing I am not fond of is when a Yoruba dude can date a million women and the family will accept ALL lol, every side chick is “iyawo wa” cheesy when dating a Yoruba dude meeting the family doesn’t mean you are the main chick or that you are getting the ring.

I once dated a Yoruba dude.

AmazonTopaz:
The tribe does not matter it should not be a big issue when it comes to choosing a spouse.But I love Yoruba people.
The language, the food and some of them I have come in contact with are good people.
Personally I would love to marry a yoruba man an Omoluabi cool

3 Likes

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jun 15, 2019
lefulefu:
Na character be d coco not her tribe
And big ukwu...lol
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:13am On Jun 15, 2019
liberalchick:
I am not Yoruba but I LOVE Yoruba culture too. I love the food, the people. Yoruba culture is also the most progressive(liberal) of all the cultures in Nigeria and I can speak the language. The only thing I am not fond of is when a Yoruba dude can date a million smileywomen and the family will accept ALL lol, every side chick is “iyawo wa” cheesy when dating a Yoruba dude meeting the family doesn’t mean you are the main chick or that you are getting the ring.

Hmm interesting smiley

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by nuelyoyo(m): 6:24am On Jun 15, 2019
ibkayee:
Just want to add that Yoruba is the sexiest language on earth to me, so even if you aren't Yoruba but you can speak it. BONUS tongue
I am not Yoruba, but I can speak it fluently, I can even pray with Yoruba. wink

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2019
ibkayee:
Just want to add that Yoruba is the sexiest language on earth to me, so even if you aren't Yoruba but you can speak it. BONUS tongue

Oya omoge wa joko Lori oko agba
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by konkonbilo(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2019
nuelyoyo:
beautiful
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by konkonbilo(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2019
liberalchick:
I am not Yoruba but I LOVE Yoruba culture too. I love the food, the people. Yoruba culture is also the most progressive(liberal) of all the cultures in Nigeria and I can speak the language. The only thing I am not fond of is when a Yoruba dude can date a million women and the family will accept ALL lol, every side chick is “iyawo wa” cheesy when dating a Yoruba dude meeting the family doesn’t mean you are the main chick or that you are getting the ring.

Iyawo wa cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:14am On Jun 15, 2019
ornicus:

Oya omoge wa joko Lori oko agba
grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:15am On Jun 15, 2019
nuelyoyo:
Wonderful cheesy
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 8:15am On Jun 15, 2019
konkonbilo:
Iyawo wa cheesy tongue
Lmao
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Yuneehk(f): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2019
Oma307:

wow, I wish to come across the good ones
I hope your wish comes true. Good morning
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2019
ibkayee:

grin

wetin dey laff you cheesy cheesy

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2019
ornicus:

wetin dey laff you cheesy cheesy
Lol I think the google translation is off
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2019
ibkayee:

Lol I think the google translation is off

it is- i a telling you to come and sit in my farm
i don't know what is funny about that
you like farm work?
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2019
ornicus:

it is- i a telling you to come and sit in my farm
i don't know what is funny about that
you like farm work?
You of all people know I laugh at everything na grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pocohantas(f): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
I like to think it doesn't matter, but there are tribes I would never attempt.

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by luvyaself95(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Igbo smiley
Ibo Too Like Yoruba Guys, But Am So Sorry I Just dump an ibo girl a couple of weeks ago...
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Thegamingorca(m): 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
pocohantas:

Like shocked
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Ishilove: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
pocohantas:
Hear hear grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Like shocked

I won't answer the like, I don't know who is reading. However, I will tell you the one I can attempt.

I am sure you know I am Igbo. Outside SE, the only tribe I can marry without a second thought would be the Yorubas.

The reason for that is simple, I have lived amongst them. I believe I understand the LANGUAGE, people, culture and their expectations to a good extent.

My mum once told me, a man can marry from Jupiter (I don't know her obsession with this planet) and he will be fine. He is marrying her into his culture. There is pressure on her to learn how to dress like his people, speak their language, go to his village or family house, cook their meals...etc.

See ehn, I had this Yoruba friend. I used to go to her house and she comes to mine too. Whenever I go her side, nasoso greeting eh. E get one day wey I kneel sotey my thighs come dey pain me. As we were going out, she wanted to pass this road, I remembered how many times we knelt down there. I had to beg her not to pass that road. My leg dey pain me abegggg! Just a day, imagine a lifetime? grin

Loving (marrying) a man from another tribe is not enough. He MUST be ready to protect his wife from the negative sides of his tribe. How many can do this and for how long?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by nengibo: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
tee59:
It matters to me personally. I can't marry from the riverine areas. These people are too wicked and can do anything for money. Also, barrier in communication is not my thing, except English. I can't relate.
Wetin Riverine people do you, wey mk u stereotype millions of people
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
pocohantas:

I won't answer the like, I don't know who is reading. However, I will tell you the one I can attempt.

I am sure you know I am Igbo, outside SE, the only tribe I can marry without a second thought would be the Yorubas.

The reason for that is simple, I have lived amongst them. I believe I understand the LANGUAGE, people, culture and their expectations to a good extent.

My mum once told me, a man can marry from Jupiter (I don't know her obsession with this planet) and he will be fine. He is marrying her into his culture. There is pressure on her to learn how to dress like his people, speak their language, go to his village or family house, cook their meals...etc.

See ehn, I had this Yoruba friend, I used to go to her house and she comes to mine too. Whenever I go her side, nasoso greeting eh. E get one day wey I kneel sotey my thighs come dey pain me. As we were going out, she wanted to pass this road, I remembered how many times we knelt down there. I had to beg her not to pass that road. My leg dey pain me abegggg! Just a day, imagine a lifetime? grin

Loving (marrying) a man from another tribe is not enough. He MUST be ready to protect his wife from the negative sides of his tribe. How many can do this and for how long?

To be frank, my ppl can't try to sway me with their tradition practice. I've come too far in life for a bunch of misfits to come and try to be dictating whom I stay with. I pride myself of not been able to speak the fvcking language.

Nah tribe I dey marry? Regardless of rite of passage and whatever bullshiit that our ppl may want, truly you will be all I care about.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Yuneehk:
I hope your wish comes true. Good morning
thanks dear. good afternoon
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
pocohantas:

I am sure you know I am Igbo, outside SE, the only tribe I can marry without a second thought would be the Yorubas.

See ehn, I had this Yoruba friend, I used to go to her house and she comes to mine too. Whenever I go her side, nasoso greeting eh. E get one day wey I kneel sotey my thighs come dey pain me. As we were going out, she wanted to pass this road, I remembered how many times we knelt down there. I had to beg her not to pass that road. My leg dey pain me abegggg! Just a day, imagine a lifetime? grin

as modern chick wey dey kneel to give bj , kneeling should not be a problem na

bend those knees and think of your yoruba demon.

to be frank a lot of us don't even push the kneeling thing that much anymore, imho - unless some oldie just wants to prove a point that this boy or girl is saucy

i had this igbo chick friend in school. everyone assumed we were dating - and possibly, if one of us had seriously pushed we probably would have - but it would have been hard. my mum would have resisted. one day i got off the phone with her and my mum started speaking to the wall in yoruba. i no go gree if anyone brings omo ibo into this house. her folks also did not like yoruba guys. she actually dated two different yoruba guys before marrying an igbo guy. i don't know what happened - but for a period she was incommunicado - not answering any ims , buzzes etal. a couple of years ago, i heard she was marrying a yoruba guy. she has two kids now and is available to talk again.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
kingkakaone:
And big ukwu...lol
grin
kingkakaone:
And big ukwu...lol
ukwu be like d icing to d cake.
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
lefulefu:
;Dukwu be like d icing to d cake.
Lol...Respect to the ukwu king.

1 Like

Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by MissRaine69(f): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
pansophist:

I didn't feel the soul. Usually, I am familiar with Anglophilic, Slavic, lusophonic, Baltic and Nordic countries. Hungary is that enigma I can't decode, process or place somewhere. It is just there. And when I visited firstly 5 years ago, I felt out of place. It is a cool country no doubt, but it's just not a place I will voluntarily go to visit for leisure.
Touché!
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by MissRaine69(f): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thegamingorca:

To be frank, my ppl can't try to sway me with their tradition practice. I've come too far in life for a bunch of misfits to come and try to be dictating whom I stay with. I pride myself of not been able to speak the fvcking language.

Nah tribe I dey marry? Regardless of rite of passage and whatever bullshiit that our ppl may want, truly you will be all I care about.
I appreciate your candour
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by MissRaine69(f): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
lefulefu:
;Dukwu be like d icing to d cake.
Of course.... grin
Re: Does His/Her Tribe still Matter When It Comes To Marriage? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2019
MissRaine69:
Of course.... grin
cheesy
MissRaine69:
Of course.... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finding It Hard To Get Over Your Ex? / Can Women Be Put In The Friend Zone? / How Can I Stop My Brother From Raping Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.