Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (11357 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by jieta: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

In a bit sir
please post it here so that people like me who are using free basic can follow up
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by ferrariLaferrari: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

In a bit sir
Alright boss
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by grudges: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
for only 3 pages, no fewer than 2104 viewed your thread, that means a lot of people are following the thread bossa for that.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by sorextee(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Bros nice one. In other not to give myself too much tension and bp, while waiting for d next update, I kuku dey check this thread for midnight, hoping by then u don upload some. But i go dey chrck ur blog now. Whats the blogsite, so i can link the story to my facebook page. Thanks.

How far ur baby? Hope the temperafure don normal?

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by SaintHilary(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Been following back to back..but important matter;..Tell us about Togo babes..Abi u neva enter garden of lime since u reach dere?
Reply urgently needed...Gracias
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by rawe45: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
charles2468:

Nice one bro
am really getting something from this your story.
taking a bold step in life, matters a lot, though it may not be easy in the first place, but you will learn n grow n be grateful u took such step, every disappointment is a blessing.

This is Grace bro. Don't forget he met some people in Ghana and still left them there in their bad state, he met some in Togo who now address him as chairman. Sometimes all we need is Grace to unlock that special door

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by s3nn2x(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
I am impressed
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by tabithababy(f): 3:31am On Jun 19, 2019
Op how is your baby of doing

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 6:38am On Jun 19, 2019
tabithababy:
Op how is your baby of doing

She is doing better now, at least she slept well last night and her temperature is getting normal. Thanks for showing concern.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by 1stbest(m): 7:09am On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Please be patient, the last time I wrote something long like this was when I did my project in uni. After then I didn't even imagine I could write as much as this so am will be dropping it when am free. We are together.
what about your friend that refused to pick your call when you visited him in Ghana?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by ferrariLaferrari: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

She is doing better now, at least she slept well last night and her temperature is getting normal. Thanks for showing concern.
Bro hv you updated on your blog?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 7:47am On Jun 19, 2019
ferrariLaferrari:

Bro hv you updated on your blog?

Yes I have just updated the blog. I will still keep updating it. I just started the part 3
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2019
1stbest:
what about your friend that refused to pick your call when you visit him in Ghana?

I don't regard such a person as a friend anymore so I don't really know where he is and what he is doing now.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 7:52am On Jun 19, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are trying,always update on ur blog first before updating on nairaland,so that u can grow ur blog also.

Blog has been updated. Just started part 3
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by SendAbroad: 8:00am On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Donfebzyblog
When should we be expecting daily updates on the blog...?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

OK read it
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 8:30am On Jun 19, 2019
SendAbroad:

Donfebzyblog
When should we be expecting daily updates on the blog...?

Honestly I will see what I can do about the time issue. Probably morning before 12pm and night 12am.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by davillian(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
Lol.. Seems there is a typing limit on this forum because I couldn't type further. Anyway please you all should ignore any typo error because am just trying to write some stuffs as a lot of you are waiting to hear more and more. I will still continue.
Done with part 3 on the blog.
We learn most times by experience.
When you bought the idea of you and Ronaldo elder brother getting a house and staying together.
I just know say problem de.
1)he might steal your money,
2)he might begin to leach you and contribute nothing to the bills.
3)you might not like his lifestyle
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2019
davillian:

Done with part 3 on the blog.
We learn most times by experience.
When you bought the idea of you and Ronaldo elder brother getting a house and staying together.
I just know say problem de.
1)he might steal your money,
2)he might begin to leach you and contribute nothing to the bills.
3)you might not like his lifestyle

Well number two and three follow somehow but I will update the story before 12pm.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by NONNYG: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2019
Where's the link to your blog

I will like to have your contact

Maybe we can do business together
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2019
NONNYG:
Where's the link to your blog

I will like to have your contact

Maybe we can do business together

The link is right underneath in my signature or you can check www.donfebzy..com
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2019
Now I have updated the part 3 of the story in my blog so you can check it out.

I will be starting with part 4 next and I know many of you have been waiting to hear about that part.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by christejames(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
What an experience, I short of words to express. I'm grateful to God you finally found your way and also using you to bless others...

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by Olamega78(m): 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
Please, endeavour to copy people without access to your blog.... Thank you... Best wishes...
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by Usanga35: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
Op Abeg Complete urr story na
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
Olamega78:
Please, endeavour to copy people without access to your blog.... Thank you... Best wishes...

Okay I will still copy and paste here. Don't worry okay
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Usanga35:
Op Abeg Complete urr story na

Okay I will update here as well.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
Okay I decided to continue as part 3 so that I don't make each page very long.

After the meeting we had, I began to search for a place in a peaceful environment to rent. Meanwhile there was a guy who was a footballer as well but was old than Ronaldo and probably about my age so Ronaldo took him as an elder brother way before I can to join him in that room. I remember then when I just arrived and I was really suffering, he would just come inside the room anyhow, see me and be asking me "how are you, where is my boy". The "how are you" alone felt so rude but I couldn't say anything because I cared less in that my situation. When I started making some money, I noticed how the greeting changed and whenever he comes to see Ronaldo he started greeting me with respect like "Bro good evening, or bro I greet you, abeg were my boy". I wasn't surprised anyway but then I also cared less because I didn't have his time in the first place.

So it happened that this guy (I will be addressing him as Ronaldo's elder brother) started coming to our room regularly and before I knew he gave Ronaldo his small TV and Dvd so that we can watch movies in the room. Something already told me immediately that all this action is just to find a way to obtain favour because he obviously has seen changes and Ronaldo had stopped going to help him wash his clothes or clean his small room just to get small money to eat, the way he was doing before. One day this Ronaldo's brother summoned the courage to meet me and started explaining one story for the gods and who ran away with with money worth millions, he was even crying as he was talking so in my mind I was like if only this guy knew he was learning when it comes to professional pity face begging, he would start laughing at himself. Everything he was saying was just entering one ear and flying out of the other ear with the speed of light. I just waited for him to finish and then I asked him what he wants me to do for him and then he said he had not eaten well since the day before and things are very rough for him. That was how I gave him 5k then to hold body. From that day he starter coming very close and that was how somehow we started really talking properly and being that he had been in Togo a very long time, he started taking to certain places so that I really get to know Togo well. As at the time Ronaldo brought that Ghana business to me, he had first of all told this his elder brother who didn't ginger the matter the way I did. So when I had already started the business with the customer in Ghana, this Ronaldo's elder brother now wanted to be involved by all means so there are other people he knows in the market that import clothings as well. He normally started giving me samples of those people's stock so that I also show my customer so luckily for him, the are also some of his samples the customer would order and then he started making some cash too.

So fast forward to where I started, now I was looking for a place to move into, I told Ronaldo and this his elder brother so that they help me look out in case they find anything. But along the line Ronaldo's elder brother came up with one story of having issues in his house and brought up the idea of both of us getting a one bedroom flat to manage together at least for a year so that we get to save more money and then get our separate houses. I saw that as a very good idea that might also be beneficial to me, after all I was staying with someone in a small room so myself and someone in a room and parlor would be okay at least for a year so that I can even save up some more money as we both have to be sharing the bills equally. Not in my wildest imagination did I ever imagine that this decision I have just taken was a very big mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2019
We finally got a room and parlor in a compound were there were other people living in it as well. Being that I am a foreigner and I don't speak French or their local language, I always tried as much as possible to respect myself. We finished the house nicely with AC and nice plasma TV with dstv so we can always watch the premier league indoors. At first things were flowing very well but there is sometime in life that always befall a man when he decides to be greedy. This Ronaldo's elder brother decided to find other connect in Ghana to be supplying goods and then he was doing that with his own people that import and he was making some cool cash. Before I could know anything, some other of his friends who wanted to get close to me haven seen how much I have helped certain people approached me and started telling me how this guy has been telling people that he taught me the business and we house we are staying he was the one who rented, furnished it and allowed me to stay with him for a year before I could get my own place. Honestly I was really shocked but at the end I didn't say anything to him and I was just living my life peacefully. He realised I started refusing to follow him to hang out like we did before and I referred taking Ronaldo with me when I want to hang out. He started bringing different girls to the house regularly to the point that he would tell them to bring their friend so that they hook her up with me, but I wasn't that stupid, because anytime they try to do that I will be no where around the house till its late and I just come home to sleep. Even if he was telling people it was his house one thing I knew for sure was that it was actually my house because I paid almost all the rent and I was paying the bills as well especially when he is broke as his own business wasn't flowing as much as mine and he was a careless spender, so I can enter my house anytime I choose to and there is no way on earth he can ever lock me outside no matter the time I return.
Some how on his own he got to find out that I have heard what he told people and decided to apologize and started introducing me to his people as his chairman and elder brother lol, imagine my age mate calling me his elder brother all because now he wasn't making money like that as his customers in Ghana only makes orders once in a blue moon unlike mine that is regular and I also have a big customer I still supply hair attachment so you should know we were so not in the same level. One thing our neighbors always tell me is that they have never met a Nigerian as cool headed and as friendly and humble as I was. They could practically do anything for me like even wash my clothes and sometimes offer me food but I always refused the food. But for the guy staying with me, they didn't really like him that much because they always say he acts very pompous like he is the richest guy meanwhile they know I am the one who has more money but I don't behave like that lol.
Well in all of this I just kept my cool all the time and my target was just to spend the one year I had to spend and get a place only me will stay and if possible a place they call villa in Togo which is a house only you stay in the whole compound. Because of the kind of heart I have and what I remember I have been through, I did my best to help alot of Nigerian guys here in Togo who were in the street suffering.
Honestly speaking, there are so many guys living in very terrible conditions in Togo as well just as in Ghana. The troubling part is when you get to hear some of their stories how they made lots of money from yahoo and how they were living large, buying cars and renting houses for girls but today they have no homes and can hardly feed. All the girls they spent their money on have all moved on and are nowhere to be found. If you see some of them and they tell you this person was once swimming in millions you will hardly believe because of the way they look. At a point I could practically not go to certain places because they are there everytime waiting for me to show up and also have that confidence that once they see me they must get something to eat. Though I didn't find it as much of a problem helping people but then I also know how I came and what I have been through, so I am also careful not to find myself in the street again.

So from all my write up so far, someone asked me why I never said anything about ladies and anything relationship. Well what I can say is that throughout my stay in Ghana and up to this time I had a house with Ronaldo's elder brother, I never had anything to do with a woman because of all the circumstances. But I later thought it necessary to have a woman beside me at this point and the part 4 of my write up which is next will be about my relationship.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by DonFebzyBlog(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Part 4 will be updated on my blog tonight. So you can follow up on the blog www.donfebzy..com
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by willy2000(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
Part 4 will be updated on my blog tonight. So you can follow up on the blog www.donfebzy..com

Your blog is not secure, I can not open it, try and update the SSL certificate.

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 by Smalliegirl: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
OP, i have followed your story from part one.

I wish we will all learn...

I knoew deep down within me that GRATITUDE what was turned your life around.

You always thanked God even for little stuff and you seem humble too..

I have learnt a great deal from this write-up, may God give me the Grace to implement it.

Heading to your blog now cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fintiri, Yari: FAAN Issues Public Statement / Got My Us Tourist Visa Today! / About Hungary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.