Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,137 members, 7,842,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Please Advice! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice! (5380 Views)

Please Advice Me On My Family Issue / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice! by elektra(f): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
eni4real:
That is a resourceful wife.. with good visions..

A feminist will use the whole money to buy phones, designer clothes and still accuse the man of being useless!!!

A Feminist is selfish and not homely like this young lady!!!

LMAO. This is the funniest definition of a feminist I have ever seen. You people are just making sh.t up at the point.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
elektra:

LMAO. This is the funniest definition of a feminist I have ever seen.
As seen among Naija ladies!!!

No be textbook definition tongue
Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2019
Women are ungrateful. Please show your hubby this thread so he can defend himself. What you are doing is just bashing a good man, your likes probably deserve a drunk, womanizer and a gambler. 20k a week is not enough for a struggling couple with just 2 mouths? I spend 70k a month for a family of 4 but I know how many years I've worked and all the certifications, career progression and hustling I've done over the years to get my feeding allowance to this stage.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
baby124:

This woman is the definition of a feminist. She’s independent even though she is not working. She has savings and is working her way to start her business so she can work. She supplements what ever the husband brings in. A feminist will never sit down and wait to use her husband’s money to buy phones. That’s a non feminist. You see that you don’t know what you are saying when you talk about feminists?
She is a textbook feminist
Not Naija feminist!! !

Naija feminist will not even agree to marry him unless he has enough money in his bank account

And if she agree for reason best known to her, she will always remind the husband that he agreed to marry him when he was a nobody... Yes, that is the word a typical Naija feminist use...

A typical Naija feminist will not seek wisdom from NL, she will take the law in to her own hand saying "you have your degree and I have mine too, you can't use our money for masters while I am pregnant"
But this homely woman is looking for a way to settle the matter as a wife without unnecessary rancor while still taking the right decision on how the money should be spent...

Naija feminist, I hail O...
Re: Please Advice! by ireneidiva(f): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
desvi:

will she have peace of mind if she accepts his nonsense?
this 'for peace to reign' is an empty phrase in such a context, which you can use for trivial things but her situation is more serious and she should not be asked to swallow everything in the name of peace
she deserves better
So she should say no and fight him? Or carry the money that is not her own and run away?
Re: Please Advice! by zed7: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

The fact the OP collects 20k a month for feeding and she still claims is not enough for 2 people to eat in 1 month shows the kind of mentality she has.

I dont blame her though, she doesn't earn yet and has no burden of responsibility so she doesn't understand what men go through.

The husband apparently knows the current income is not sustainable for a family and is using his foresight to give himself a better chance by getting another degree to enhance his chance but madamme wants to ride a car by all means.

OP you too work hard and nobody will tell you not to buy your own car, abi ?

Most are shallow. Shout out to all the women out there that understand the struggle. The cars and the houses will come, it's just time. People should learn not to eat the future today.
Re: Please Advice! by desvi: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
ireneidiva:

So she should say no and fight him? Or carry the money that is not her own and run away?

sensible advice has already been given here
Re: Please Advice! by ireneidiva(f): 5:39am On Jun 20, 2019
desvi:

sensible advice has already been given here
Everybody is entitled to thier own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice! by desvi: 5:40am On Jun 20, 2019
ireneidiva:

Everybody is entitled to thier own opinion.

agreed
Re: Please Advice! by nuelyoyo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Excesslove222:

Its not about the car...I have been fine without it for more than 2 years and I did not die.
A baby is on the way, that is why I'm bothered...it was "our plan" maybe you aren't married so you won't understand.

FYI, he bring 5k per week and I add and extra 3k to it weekly because I sew and I have lots of clients "even at home where I sew" that's why I could afford an industrial sewing machine of over 100k.
Now I have stopped adding to it, he is really feeling the brunt.

A car would have made life and my business easier for me cause I do home delivery (don't ask me to use uber cause most of my clients won't pay the extra charges), I pick up from clients houses and I also source for fabrics for my clients.

I know you still won't get the point tho.
Please in what discipline does your hubby has his BSc, what area does he want to do in his MSc program. Has he worked with his BSc and gather experience. Is he into Business?
Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Re: Please Advice! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
nuelyoyo:
Please in what discipline does your hubby has his BSc, what area does he want to do in his MSc program. Has he worked with his BSc and gather experience. Is he into Business?

He has a BSC in electrical engineering and running an MIT program right now.
He has also done several jobs with the BSC certificate in the past.
He is self employed right now.
Re: Please Advice! by nuelyoyo(m): 7:33am On Oct 09, 2019
Excesslove222:

He has a BSC in electrical engineering and running an MIT program right now.
He has also done several jobs with the BSC certificate in the past.
He is self employed right now.
Ok, I asked because I needed to understand why he may want to go for his Masters. I also asked a man who is currently running his MSc in engineering, he said the industry doesn't really need an MSc in engineering, that what is needed is a BSc, certification, and practical knowledge of what you are into. He said those who go for masters maybe considering going into lecturing, or considering holding a public position. He concluded by saying MSc in engineering only gives an added advantage in the industry. I wish your hubby good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

?? / What remedies can help? / The Scam Called Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.