Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts (29498 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats / Drone Shot Of Adeleke University In Ede, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Chidonc(m): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

I am asking a simple question, is that the way of Jesus or paul?
that is the way of Mohammed bro. Muslims should attain Islamic university Christians should do same period.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Tareq1105: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Lmao Atiku never wanted to just build any type of university, he wanted a very standard one that is why he partnered with Americans to build what he has today, if he wanted to build a university solely to his name, what makes you think he wouldn't do as he feels like e.g making it a strictly muslim school or do you know him so well to know his mind,?

I do not see how people paint another person intolerant when it comes to privately owned christian and muslim university so this your argument is baseless to say the least.

FYI I will continue to quote you and type whatever I feel like, you know why? Because you do not control what I do on my phone.

Atiku is a business man.

Secondly, there are many Americans in his university who are his partners, therefore, he couldn't afford to force Islam on the University community.
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by laudate: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Why can't they specify their religion affiliation, than just put a vague statement. They need to be called out. If you are a Christian school tell Nigerians where you belong to. When a parent sees a faith-based school, he or she would think the school is grounded in two dominated religion in Nigeria.

As I have said before, what Adeleke University did is the characteristics of Hypocrite(Alabosi).
Oga, have you entered Adeleke University before? Right from the admissions office, you would see it reflected inside there.

And all this talk about forcing Muslims to go to church is difficult to swallow, because most members of the Adeleke family that own the school, are Muslims. You heard it before, that the former Pro-chancellor of the same university, late Sir Isiaka Adeleke was a Muslim.

Even as a prospective student, why not ask: what kind of faith-based university is the school, before applying there? Is it so difficult to make a call to seek clarification, or to send an email?

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Lovelyn451(f): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2019
Tenshades:

You be fool because you are restricted to your village... Go to North and see churches inside campuses. FUTMINNA is an example. Even off campus, church scatter for everywhere and nobody dey stop dem.
what So they should be stopped in a federal school? are u okay? How can u speak of FUTMinna when we're talking about a private school...

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Why can't they specify their religion affiliation, than just put a vague statement. They need to be called out. If you are a Christian school tell Nigerians where you belong to. When a parent sees a faith-based school, he or she would think the school is grounded in two dominated religion in Nigeria.

As I have said before, what Adeleke University did is the characteristics of Hypocrite(Alabosi).
That is the more reason why such parent should make enquiry because selection. Covenant university is a faith based university too.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Tareq1105: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Lmao Atiku never wanted to just build any type of university, he wanted a very standard one that is why he partnered with Americans to build what he has today, if he wanted to build a university solely to his name, what makes you think he wouldn't do as he feels like e.g making it a strictly muslim school or do you know him so well to know his mind,?

I do not see how people paint another person intolerant when it comes to privately owned christian and muslim university so this your argument is baseless to say the least.

FYI I will continue to quote you and type whatever I feel like, you know why? Because you do not control what I do on my phone.

Atiku is a business man.

Secondly, there are many Americans in his university who are his partners, therefore, he couldn't afford to force Islam on the University community.

Let me remind you that during the Gulf War, Saudi Arabia government permitted Americans to build places of worship on Saudi Arabia soil.

What else?
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by molas02: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2019
Tenshades:

So private schools are meant to be attended by a certain religious group and they admitted people from other religious groups when they already knew they won't tolerate them?

No be d same schools dey advertise for various media say admission dey open for anybody as long as your meet their requirements. Did they state religion as part of d requirements??

Why dem no refund d Muslims when dem pay admission and school fees.

Why them no name d school CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY?

E be like say rats don chop some wires for your brain last night wey u no know.

Mr. oga se won fi se e ni, u like carrying religion matter for head, na u b muhhammed or Jesus ni. all schools have student hand book. those pages the MURIC president sited in there lies the rules, its easy for any applicant to have one and read befor applying. If you are a Muslim, go to Muslim school, if you go to a Christian school, do not complain about their rules, you should know the rules before joining. And if you are a Christian, go to a Christian school, do not go to a Muslim school and start complaining about the rules. I think Professor Ishaq deserves to be flogged at the Market Square. Se Fini

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Biglittlelois(f): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2019
dominique:

Your point is dead on arrival. Did you or did you not imply that NO Northern Muslim will ever allow non-muslims to their schools. Whatever standard Atiku intends to create with his university doesn't change the fact that you were proved wrong. Remove the logs from your eyes, before you remove the specs from others'.

I'm done replying you. Before you quote me with subtle or direct insults read and digest the rules properly.

See this one, you think because you are a moderator you can threaten me with rules and I'll run scared and not quote you again, lmao, your rubbish ends here, you cannot face me in real life,

A 100% muslim owned school will have same forceful rules and is expected to be obeyed, Atiku's university, in partnership with the AMERICANS is not 100% owned by him so he cannot dictate the rules ALONE, would you like me to break it down for you again so that you will understand me better?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Boko Haram STARTED WITH CHRISTIANS AND IGBOS! They called them INFIDELS!
Oga stop arguing. The first attack by Boko Haram was in Bauchi, Muslims were the victims. Even non-Nigerian journalists know that More Muslims were killed by Boko Haram than any other religion.
http://www.terrorismanalysts.com/pt/index.php/pot/article/view/391/774

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Tundenoni(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2019
helinues:
MUMURIC master himself?

Is the University a Muslim University?

Is there any church in Saudi Arabia not to talk of any Saudi Universities . Are there no Christians residing in Saudi?

Btw, What is stopping the Muslims to have as many as possible private universities?

Professor Ishaq, Professor of Trouble

Saudi too far...Daura LG in katsina has no single church!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2019
willyjacs:
am a Christian but forcing non christains to church is not good.... Al ikmat uni in kwara is a Muslim uni but christains are never forced to go to mosques.

Forcing our faith on others because they came for academic knowledge is not good....that is the oppression we've been preaching against, we shouldn't be doing it.

Even if there's no mosque there, forcing them to church is totally wrong.
I wouldn't want another person to treat me that way either......
You are right on this one however I want to believe that it is their rules over there.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Biglittlelois(f): 9:59am On Jun 18, 2019
Tareq1105:

Atiku is a business man.

Let me remind you that during the Gulf War, Saudi Arabia government permitted Americans to build places of worship on Saudi Arabia soil.

What else?

I think this your comment should be directed to dominique because that is exactly what I was trying to say too.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Biglittlelois(f): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2019
Tareq1105:

Atiku is a business man.

Duuuhhh that is exactly what I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2019
HAKYN1:

That is a poor sense of judgement from you, at least you can see that christians are more intolerant as compared with musilms in southern Nigeria. The good news is that everybody is getting conscious of his position now and a time will come religious affiliation will be a considerable factor in everything we do and merit will be slaughtered on the altar of religious chauvinism to the disadvantage of all of us.

If you want to live in Rome, then do like the Romans! If you don't want to be a Roman, go to America.
It is clearly indicated on the school's website that the school belongs to Seventh Day Adventists, so how do they even claim they don't know it is a Christian School?
You mean people just seek for admission somewhere without knowing about the school? Such a person's education is a wasted effort.
Since they have admitted their Ignorance of not knowing it is a Christian University, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES OF THE GAME, THEN TAKE YOU BALL TO ANOTHER PLAYING GROUND. Simple!

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by hopefulLandlord: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Yes all the students must be atheist
NO! if an atheist sets up a private uni in Nigeria it'd be secular and not antireligious
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by chozzy: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2019
Mccullum:

You fall to reason to his point that Adeleke University decieved the parents and students by their failure of letting them not to be aware that the school practice full doctrine of Christianity without allowing any other religions within the school except Christianity... That's full of deception and wickedness of crusaders in systemic way.

Stop displaying your ignorance.
Are parents and students not given handbooks during admission?
In every organization, the handbook remains a legal contract binding parties - be it Employer/Employee
School/Student etc

Adeleke as a family have never allowed religion derail their progress.
Their father and even the late Senator were Muslims. Some are Christians.
Others are Muslims married to Christians ... and they live happily

Muric are mad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:03am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Oga stop arguing. The first attack by Boko Haram was in Bauchi, Muslims were the victims. Even non-Nigerian journalists know that More Muslims were killed by Boko Haram than any other religion.

E Kpele! So, who were the people termed INFIDELS? The Muslims abi?

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Biglittlelois(f): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
NO! if an atheist sets up a private uni in Nigeria it'd be secular and not antireligious

So you are telling me atheist who is irreligious wouldn't mind having churches and mosques in his school?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:07am On Jun 18, 2019
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin grin Christian fanatical extremist, how did a "secular" force Muslim students into Church to pray? or is it what Paul was doing?

E still dey shine the teeth? That's how they scattered International School Ibadan the other time over this same rubbish and proving nonsense.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES OF THE GAME , TAKE YOUR BALL TO ANOTHER PLAYING GROUND, Simple!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

E Kpele! So, who were the people termed INFIDELS? The Muslims abi?
Read this article about the chronology of Boko Haram attack. The first set of people that were attacked are Muslims and security forces.
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Read this article about the chronology of Boko Haram attack. The first set of people that were attacked are Muslims and security forces.

God forbid, in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2019
Tenshades:

Haven't you been reading my comments above?

Now I see you don't read comments before you reply.

That is just your perfect description.
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2019
moshuur:

Definately, some will be fresh while some are not.Don't let us drag this issue any further. just imagine if d case was reversed and it is CAN making such as accusation towards Adeleke university that they are Muslim school(which is not made known to d entire public) and they are forcing d Christians to attend mosque (which means they are forbidden from going to d Church). Am sure ur response will be different.
Although u are right....since Muslims are now aware,Muslims(that wants to safeguard is deen) should not choose d school.
U know we won't complain if d school is Bowen,Redeemer etc.But Adeleke university? I never thought that dat the school is a Christian school.

That's my point, some people will still go and seek for admission there then come and complain again

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Lexit: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2019
Is Adeleke University not a muslim school? I think the school is owned by a Muslim. #JustThinking undecided

PS: Just found out that it is a faith-based institution. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by laudate: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Cutestee:
Wearing Hijab Means Forcing Them To Convert To Islam Or Did They Force Anyone Of Em To Mosque?

Wearing Hijab Is Just A Uniform And Nothing Else.
Wearing Hijab is NOT just a uniform. angry It is an expression of a person's faith. The minute you wear it, you identify as a person of Moslem faith.

So what do you say about Al-Hikmah university, Crescent University and Fountain University, that make the wearing of Hijab compulsory for female students, who are graduating? And the fact that these universities make attendance at the mosque, a compulsory affair?

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by HAKYN1: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2019
Bonapart:
fanatic.
Hope you have your vest on.

You are more fanatical
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by mufy1990: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2019
helinues:

So you expect Muslims to have a mosque inside redeem university just because they have muslim students right?

mumu!!! who is talking about mosques in d school, they are talking about forcing Muslims to go Church

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2019
Bloggingscope:

You are proving us wrong day by day super mod

I don't support what Adeleke is doing and am even sure the man may not be aware of this, he has several muslim friends and brothers in the town that are muslims but the trash you posted here doesn't befit you as a supermoderator !!

You are turning this into a war where their is not.

Firstly am sure this information is false or close to it, am sure you don't know Ede is a muslim city or town, wikpedia said 90% muslim. You want to tell me that on fridays Adeleke university will not even release their students for jumat? When there are hundreds or thousands of mosque in Ede to worship and am sure we have nothing less than 15% indigenes of Ede in the uni

See there is no way you say it, theee is nothing like christian extremist and their can never be any, call a spade a spade and a christian can never kill or threaten other religeons except if the person is disguising under the religeon to do evil.

Mind you senator Adeleke and the late senator Ademola Adeleke are muslims.

Muric is raising a war when their is none

By the way I haven't seen you comment anything on fulani herdsmen sag and you didn't even raise any point om sri lanka incident lately

Once again, Dominique change for good or is it that you are really showing your true colour nowadays?
It is you that should change you this Christian extremist.

If it were you people that were forced, you will be shouting ISLAMISATION after duping school fees from Muslims. Why did they hide their true colours. Even a child knows that Convenant, Redeemer e.t.c are Christian universities.

CHRISTIANS ARE BLOODY HYPOCRITES.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Vado(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2019
Cutestee:

Wearing Hijab Means Forcing Them To Convert To Islam Or Did They Force Anyone Of Em To Mosque?

Wearing Hijab Is Just A Uniform And Nothing Else.

You must be out of your cotton-picking mind for thinking so lowly of me that i would swallow the gibberish above. When your kids come of age, put them in a Celestial owned University and allow them to rock the robes and garments, use oils and candles in the course of learning or convocation.

Wearing Hijab yen yen yen is just a Uniform but you guys are the ones always making a fuss about it nationwide. If you so much think what a school recommends as uniform regardless of faith, is to be adhered to, then why was it you people that are always in courts to challenge school uniform policies as infringing on your rights? The Unilorin law student that caused commotion in Law School two years ago's case is still fresh in mind.

3 Likes

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Bluntemperor: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2019
MURIC or whatever your name should better go elsewhere because it is faith based Institutions and the University authority should just ignore the noise.
we know of many institutions in this our Nigeria that is of other faith that those who chose them seek academic excellence not the way being portrayed by MURIC.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by Tenshades(m): 10:26am On Jun 18, 2019
molas02:

Mr. oga se won fi se e ni, u like carrying religion matter for head, na u b muhhammed or Jesus ni. all schools have student hand book. those pages the MURIC president sited in there lies the rules, its easy for any applicant to have one and read befor applying. If you are a Muslim, go to Muslim school, if you go to a Christian school, do not complain about their rules, you should know the rules before joining. And if you are a Christian, go to a Christian school, do not go to a Muslim school and start complaining about the rules. I think Professor Ishaq deserves to be flogged at the Market Square. Se Fini

Oponu ni e sha... BTW who tell u say I be Muslim or Christian?

I don't have to belong to a religious group to know how to behave and tolerate humans.

Sets of extremists hiding under the umbrella of religion.

Get a life!
Re: Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts by molas02: 10:32am On Jun 18, 2019
Tenshades:

Oponu ni e sha... BTW who tell u say I be Muslim or Christian?

I don't have to belong to a religious group to know how to behave and tolerate humans.

Sets of extremists hiding under the umbrella of religion.

Get a life!

i talk am, u are Babalawo that is why u find it hard to have the real life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of Jamb / Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.