Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Would You Marry A Househelp? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Househelp? (3730 Views)

Poll: Would You Marry A Househelp?

Yes/Maybe: 75% (52 votes)
Never!: 24% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

As A Husband,will You Allow Your Wife To Bring This Girl Iin As A Househelp?(pic / I Am Attracted To My Househelp / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2007
I have a friend who is about marrying "a househelp". This lady was introduced by someone to his parents who took her in. Along the line, he fell in love with the girl. According to him, she is everything a man will pray for in a woman: pure in heart, very hardworking, gentle, brainy and of course beautiful. It is already tearing his house apart but he would not bulge. What do you advise naralanders?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by manulove(f): 3:45pm On May 08, 2007
Of course,
If she's interessted in you wink
Seriously, Ur parents dont like the idea and so what? u're old enough to make ur own decisions rigth?
And listen man, this is YOUR life we're talking abt!! They dont like the idea cos shes only a house help now. But once you marry her she wont be anymore cheesy,

As long as u both get along well and she knows how to behave in "ur world" . They shouldnt be any prob! Only u know what u really feel for her and if that feeling can take the both of through the test of marriage,
because marriage is a big test and u wouldnt want to be ashamed of ur wife all ur life, undecided

so consider those and take ur decision. the fact that is pleases ur mum or not is not really the question here. it is ur marriage and not hers, kiss

Ps: eight years is not much,
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by efuah(f): 3:52pm On May 08, 2007
manulove:

Of course,
If she's interessted in you wink
Seriously, your parents don't like the idea and so what? u're old enough to make your own decisions rigth?
And listen man, this is YOUR life we're talking about!! They don't like the idea because shes only a house help now. But once you marry her she wont be anymore cheesy,

As long as u both get along well and she knows how to behave in "your world" . They shouldnt be any prob! Only u know what u really feel for her and if that feeling can take the both of through the test of marriage,
because marriage is a big test and u wouldnt want to be ashamed of your wife all your life, undecided

so consider those and take your decision. the fact that is pleases your mum or not is not really the question here. it is your marriage and not hers, kiss

excellent post.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by efuah(f): 3:54pm On May 08, 2007
i like your post manulove
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 4:11pm On May 08, 2007
Thanks for your posts my dear ladies. Lets have inputs from th men. The ladies may b 'taking sides' may b bacause one of thiers is on the receiving end here.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by drrionelli(m): 6:46pm On May 08, 2007
OK, here's one from a guy!

I suppose there is a bit of a cultural consideration going on here, but from my aspect, I say that it's clear that these two people know what is right for them.

It doesn't matter what socio-economic background you're from--what matters is who you are as a person.  As has been noted, only those who are directly involved know what is right for them.  Yes, there is something to be said for having something(s) in common with your mate, but those things can grow together as well. 

Remember, we were all born with nothing and we'll all take nothing when we die.  We all bleed the same when we're cut.  We all feel pain and we all feel joy.  It sounds as if these two have found that "someone special" with whom each can share this thing called life. 

That's a blessing worth celebrating!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 6:52pm On May 08, 2007
drrionelli, you sounded quit philosophical but those words are heavy but true to the letter. thanks, Some courage for them to hold on till they achieve their aims.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Seun(m): 6:59pm On May 08, 2007
You said she is brainy. If she is brainy, then she is far from an average househelp.
She is hardworking. She is gentle. She is pure in heart. She is even beautiful. I think your friend has found a gem.

Being a house help is just a business that happens to be in demand. There's no shame in honest labour!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by sisimose(f): 7:05pm On May 08, 2007
is house help not a job?

nothing wrong in it at all, plus they are people too, there is someone for everyone like they say
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2007
Seun:

You said she is brainy. If she is brainy, then she is far from an average househelp.
She is hardworking. She is gentle. She is pure in heart. She is even beautiful. I think your friend has found a gem.

Being a house help is just a business that happens to be in demand. There's no shame in honest labour!

sisimose:

is house help not a job?

nothiong wrong in it at all, plus they are people too, there is someone for everyone like they say

Anothr true talk! The bottleneck is just how to get the buy-in of his parents. They are hell bent on frustrating the relationship because of 'class'. They think such will mak them a laughing stock among their friends.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by sisimose(f): 7:09pm On May 08, 2007
cgift:

Anothr true talk! The bottleneck is just how to get the buy-in of his parents. They are hell bent on frustrating the relationship because of 'class'. They think such will mak them a laughing stock among their friends.

well it is up to him to make his choice, this is a true test of character here, if he deiced to marry a househelp regardless of what his upcrust folks think then good for him. There has to come a point where each man or woman takes his or her destiny in their own hands.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by angelchi(f): 7:12pm On May 08, 2007
househelp no be person? pls if u r old enough try n call some elders in ur family to talk to ur parents n pray,best of luck.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Seun(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2007
The bottleneck is just how to get the buy-in of his parents.
I'm always surprised that people see this as a problem. Personally, I won't ask my parents whether they approve of my final choice or not. I'll just set the date with my partner and invite them, and it'll be up to them to decide whether they want to attend or not. I don't think it's wise to waste one's life seeking someone else's approval.

Afterall, in our culture, most children do 99% of the job of a "house help". Does that make them inferior beings?
Sometimes, people lose their parents and they have to work for someone else. There should be no shame in that.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 7:23pm On May 08, 2007
Th truth is me myself being close to the guy could not quickly come to terms with it. I tried looking for one example to butress his point but could hardly get one. It seems he might be breaking a record oh! I hav only sen such a thing in a home video! Is that not funny?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 7:26pm On May 08, 2007
Th truth is me myself being close to the guy could not quickly come to terms with it. I tried looking for one example to butress his point but could hardly get one. It seems he might be breaking a record oh! I hav only sen such a thing in a home video! Is that not funny?
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by savesoul(m): 7:27pm On May 08, 2007
Follow your Heart kiss
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by 2old4that(m): 7:48pm On May 08, 2007
angelchi:

househelp no be person?

Abi o!

And i was wondering, is there any difference between househelp and midwifery!   smiley grin
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 08, 2007
lt is your life brother you have got to learn how to live lt if you don't learn there is no way you are going to feel.To be honest there are some house help who are good wife materials and there are others who are not.Provided the guy has been seing her,knows her and is sure of her then what the heck go for lt. wink
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by puker(m): 8:06pm On May 08, 2007
My brother na so this small calabar girl catch my uncle, wire the man so teyyyy the man no fit hide the thing again only to pursue him wife.

Well if she has the qualities who cares. Some men switch over easily.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by omogenaija(f): 8:31pm On May 08, 2007
he shouldnt mind family if he truly loves her, after all he is marrying her not her occupation
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by CrazyMan(m): 8:37pm On May 08, 2007
Well if they are in love, and the girl is respectful, obiedient and trust worthy. Then there is no reason for he not to marry her.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 8:55pm On May 08, 2007
I hope u guys are not trivialising this issue? Not only will his family xpress disdain, church, friends, etc, Unless u guys ar saying he should just take the bull by the horn and roll,
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by ogbolu64: 9:00pm On May 08, 2007
What are you talking about here go look for OBJ daughter to marry and divorce two weeks after the marriage! What is in marriage is far more than what you think! If you see the person to marry please go ahead o jare. I wonder why you even wated our time by posting this kind question in the first place.

Is GOLD not gotten from the mud

Is petrol/kerosene etc not got from mud

Are you saying that a diamond is not from soil

What is your favourite dish? Would you tell me that dish was from heaven

If you love your lady, make her what you want in a woman!. A woman was not not a wife, life started by making her a woman and finally a man makes her a wife.

Don't marry a house help please my brother marry a wife. The lady going by your definition is a wife who has a job and could even be better in another job.

Kakoo

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by ogbolu64: 9:12pm On May 08, 2007
Seun, how do I post a vacancy advert? somewhat urgent please. Anyhow, anyone could also help with the information.

c
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by zuluman(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2007
@ Poster,

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong in marrying a "househelp". The "househelp" is a person, who worked as a househelp so there is nothing wrong. You may need to re-structure your sentence and ask if your friend could marry a person who is an employee. Please encourage your friend to carry on with the marriage. A househelp is also an employee. In Nigeria people view some certain words as abominable. In london, some nigerians are doing househelp jobs and they are even happy that they have such a job. So tell your friend to go ahead.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by akara(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2007
grin

At least she has a job now and already has skills enough to run and manage your home. Go ahead jo !
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 9:30pm On May 08, 2007
akara and zulu man, una don kolo finish. Tru talk anyway!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by cgift(m): 9:35pm On May 08, 2007
akara and zulu man, una don kolo finish. Tru talk anyway!
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by akara(m): 9:48pm On May 08, 2007
would u rather your friend marry someone with no home skills? Househelp today, firstlady tomorrow.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Tornadoz(m): 9:52pm On May 08, 2007
I thought house help are for when your wife has headache?
Only joking mate, go for it , wish you all the best.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by teddyface(m): 9:53pm On May 08, 2007
come o are you all now saying you can carry out this kind of task? Without thinking of the effect on those ppl that brought you up, i'm not saying the househelp of a girl is not a person, but lets all remember our culture and the society we are in. this thing will not be easy for this guy even after the marriage (if it happens).

see it this way

Since the parents of the guy are not approving, if the guy gose on, do you think his parents will give him their blessings  cry and if the has a child, will they accept the child as their G-child?  

i think the mistake was from the beginning, so ps think before you act.
Re: Would You Marry A Househelp? by Tornadoz(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2007
@teddyface
Your parents will naturally come round to your views. Haba they won;t want to lose their grand children?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. / Hot Question!!! : Women / What's Ur Ultimate Relationship Deal Breaker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.