Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi (61800 Views)

Youths Fight Over Girls In Cross River, One Dead, Many Wounded / I Just Saved Two Lesbians From Being Lynched. / Xenophobia: Nigerians Attacked In South Africa Again (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by ken6488(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
undecided

Who Nigeria offend

Home and away no peace

Alies

North Korea

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Nukilia: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
did you say properties ? grin grin grin grin
You guys usually live in slums

Tickle yourself....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Lionessza6(f): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ugosample:

I know say we go see this one here....

Oniranu oshi

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by mariovito(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Thank you.
People in the name of savagery end up showing how asinine they truly are
olassybaba:
I think you should answer his question , don't be a fool.
Animals are not objects truly.
The person who said animals should be referred to as "it" should be the one you should ask if he or she is sensible.
Don't appeal to people's authority and be a puppet
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Just30: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nukilia:

Tickle yourself....
dont have to do that
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Nukilia: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lionessza6:

Why are Nigerians always hated in every country they go to? . Why is it that you cannot live in peace with any host community ?.

They're hated simply because their lazy hosts always feel threatened at the success of Nigerians. Nigerians care less....
No time listening to rubbish jealous hosts grin grin grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Just30: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
BabaIbo:

Keep quiet, some men in Nigeria can actually buy Togo or Ghana singlehandedly
some men in Ghana can actually buy the entire Nigeria

so stop making useless noise
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by swaqq(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:
Hello nairalanders, This question has been bothering me since a long time. When animals have genders of male and female, why do we
refers to them as "IT" ? talk about them as, it’s moving, it’s running, it’s playing? They are not objects, so why? Please somebody help.
IT’ no dey pidgin dictionary
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Kenturkey048(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lionessza6:

Why are you guys always the common denominator ?
you don come here again¿?..why the heck you parading on our platform..¿?can you peacefully leave us to deliberate on our personal issues..what is even your problem?does this place look like southAfricanland....or ZuluKingdom to you? abeg locate your forum whose land flows with milk and oil,and leave us to find solutions to our internal issues.things don't work out now,does not mean things won't work out well later.¿pleaseeee...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Lionessza6(f): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nukilia:

They're hated simply because their lazy hosts always feel threatened at the success of Nigerians. Nigerians care less....
No time listening to rubbish jealous hosts grin grin grin cheesy

LMFAO, we understand , the whole world is lazy and jealous of you guys grin grin grin. It must be very hard being you, always having the responsibility to develop all these countries for these lazy hosts grin grin.
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Lionessza6(f): 9:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Kenturkey048:
you don come here again¿?..why the heck you parading on our platform..¿?can you peacefully leave us to deliberate on our personal issues..what is even your problem?does this place look like southAfricanland....or ZuluLand to you? abeg locate your forum whose land flows with milk and oil,and leave us to find solutions to our internal issues.things don't work out now with does not mean things won't work out well later.¿pleaseeee...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by poweredcom(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Me wey just Bleep one these babe here for naija na dem de tell me dis one yeye small country Togo wey dem no get anytin de attach Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by BabaIbo: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
some men in Ghana can actually buy the entire Nigeria

so stop making useless noise

Name one Ghanaian that has ever made Forbes list...

LOL, only Lagos economyis bigger than that of Togo and Ghana combined

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Googleus(m): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:
Hello nairalanders, This question has been bothering me since a long time. When animals have genders of male and female, why do we
refers to them as "IT" ? talk about them as, it’s moving, it’s running, it’s playing? They are not objects, so why? Please somebody help.

racism
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by slimderek(m): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:
Simply because they do not have rights.
Anything that doesn’t have rights is labelled as a property hence the it
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Googleus(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

its because we are racist (towards animals)
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Kenturkey048(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lionessza6:

grin grin grin grin
everywhere you go around Nairaland you see her..y'all in Africa hate Nigerians..then why still find yourself around us..in your south Africa you kill us because y'all gat crimeless citizens..you call us all sort of names....madam lionessza,locate your southAfricanland.or Zulukingdom where you can relate with your more enlightened and crime-less southAfrican citizens.get the fu*k outa here,and leave us to our problem......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Boyhood: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:
It’s not often we get grammar questions about animals—it’s even less often that we get one with two different answers. But that’s what we have here.

An animal is referred as “it” unless the relationship is personal (like a pet that has a name). Then it’s OK to use “he” or “she” when referring to the animal. This also applies to using “who” and “whom.” If the animal has a personal relationship with the person, then use “who” or “whom.” Otherwise you must exclusively use “which” or “that.” Here’s an example that incorporates both of these rules:

Personal: My horse, whom I call Steve, is my best friend. He comforts me when I ride him.

Generic: The stray dog, which I saw chasing its own tail, was shedding hair.
https://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/questions-and-quandaries/grammar/how-to-handle-animal-pronouns-he-she-or-it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by MyGeneration(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
kalvoken:
Togo kwa??

So if someone raped a girl to death (assuming the story were to be truth), why would you attack other innocent people?

I think government of Togo should tender an apology to Nigeria with compensation to the victims. Else those Togolese that are littered in every uncompleted buildings in ajah/epe, would bear the consequences.

What an insult. Ordinary togo! Their "t" is not even worth to be in capital letter
this act alone shows you that togolese people habour an inner hatred towards Nigerians they were just looking for an opportunity to show it

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
so some nigerians now travel to togo for greener pastures?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by jayextra(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Igbos again. God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by deavicky(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
Even small Togo. Buhari it is well.
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by GRACEGLORY: 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Yes, animals are referred to as “it” grin

In 2013, a petition was issued, saying, people must stop referring to animals as it.

Language has a serious impact on the way we all think. Now, we're talking about semantic distinctions.
Though, one could use He or She in a case whereby one has a personal relationship as in a pet, like that of the dogs, you know we give them some names, like some Human's, Forinstance, you won't call Caesar it, nor Lucy, it. So, it's cool when we use he/she when referring to the animal. In case where the animals don't have a particular pet neme, they are given personalities which is enough to make them personal.
But non-pets are referred to as it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by 9jaBloke: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
I am in Togo at the moment for my usual business and the information given is very wrong. A Nigerian guy who was dating a Togolese girl had issues with the girl and they both stabbed themselves. The girl decided to call her Togolese street tugs but the Nigerian boyfriend had already left the house so they attacked the other Nigerians staying in the house. They wanted to turn the story to a rape matter but people already knew the story and that brought about the intervention of the police and the Nigerian embassy.

Please no one was killed and they are not attacking or manhunting Nigerians or anything of such. The Togolese government is even involved in the matter and some of the Togolese guys involved in the issue have been arrested. As we speak the said girl who caused the issue is on the run and they are looking for her.

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. I've been trying to wrap my head around the story but it didn't jell.
A Nigerian man raped a Togolese girl to death
Her people came and attempted to lynch every Nigerian at sight-without seeing her body
It turned out to be false.

The media needs to be very careful.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
sympathy to our ibo brothers in togo, just imagine togo, ordinary insignificant togo.
Re: Nigerians Attacked In Lomé Togo. Many Wounded And Some Escaped Being Lynched. Pi by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
I am in Togo at the moment for my usual business and the information given is very wrong. A Nigerian guy who was dating a Togolese girl had issues with the girl and they both stabbed themselves. The girl decided to call her Togolese street tugs but the Nigerian boyfriend had already left the house so they attacked the other Nigerians staying in the house. They wanted to turn the story to a rape matter but people already knew the story and that brought about the intervention of the police and the Nigerian embassy.

Please no one was killed and they are not attacking or manhunting Nigerians or anything of such. The Togolese government is even involved in the matter and some of the Togolese guys involved in the issue have been arrested. As we speak the said girl who caused the issue is on the run and they are looking for her.

Thank you.
thanks for giving us d true story.e no go better for dese bloggers wey dey spread false info.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Finally My Dad Has Been Granted Bail After 8 Years Of Awaiting Trial. / Ondo Kidnapper Who Took Tramadol Dies After Sleeping For 9 Days! / Victim Of Asaba Cult Killing Celebrated His Birthday A Day Before He Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.